Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 20, 2012 12:47 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Some badass Secrets this episode challenges the military while Fleur dresses up for some order. Oh, and it's nice to see Eureka again even if it's in astral form. Overall, it's a good episode but Elena needs to chill.

Sep 20, 2012 2:00 PM
Feb 2011
Disappointed when the guy we thought would finally be renton but it was just some dude ao has to live with....
Elena really wanted to be from the other world...confessions >.>

but Eureka showed up...so I still liked it...
I hope this won't go on a second season 'cause i really wanna finish the whole story since the manga's on pause...but it really needs one to match the first series of eureka seven...
Sep 20, 2012 2:51 PM

Jan 2008
Elena... so much raaagggeeeee.
Sep 20, 2012 3:42 PM

Nov 2007
The girl who talked to the dark skinned girl is voiced by Takagaki-san?

The childhood girl still go back home?!

Dark skinned girl was sent back to the current world by Eureka? And she's mad at both Eureka and the boy being fake kind. And the girl told her the truth about this is the place she was belong.

Truth appearance at the end...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 20, 2012 4:47 PM

Sep 2011
Kizuka said:
Disappointed when the guy we thought would finally be renton but it was just some dude ao has to live with....

I hope this won't go on a second season 'cause i really wanna finish the whole story since the manga's on pause...but it really needs one to match the first series of eureka seven...

Wrapping this up in 3 episodes would be a utter train wreck, and I would drop my rating by 3+. Too many unanswered questions. Also the last 2 episodes won't be on T.V, most likely got to wait for BD's which last 2 episodes would be at end of February if we have to wait.
Sep 20, 2012 5:03 PM
Feb 2012
Isn't it a train wreck already lol
Sep 20, 2012 6:11 PM

Sep 2011
the_trainman said:
Isn't it a train wreck already lol

Even bigger train wreck*
Sep 20, 2012 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
Tyrel said:
Kizuka said:

Wrapping this up in 3 episodes would be a utter train wreck, and I would drop my rating by 3+. Too many unanswered questions. Also the last 2 episodes won't be on T.V, most likely got to wait for BD's which last 2 episodes would be at end of February if we have to wait.
So we can expect no new subbed episodes until February? on the internet that is
Sep 20, 2012 9:38 PM

Sep 2011
AnimaRO64 said:
Tyrel said:
Kizuka said:

So we can expect no new subbed episodes until February? on the internet that is

If it doesn't air on t.v, pretty much..
Sep 20, 2012 11:59 PM

Jul 2012
So I just figured out that it seems Naru's trying to keep the timeline going to what would be the original Eureka 7 timeline. Not sure if this is new or if it was obvious and I was slow.

So Elena's from the 80's, was jumped to the future to save her, and brought back but in 2020? Huh. Also, maybe Elena would calm down if they told her that where she thinks she's from isn't another world, but just the future. And dang, Elena needs to chill :P I loved when she thought Ao was confessing to her and realized what he meant, he "are you kidding me" -_- face was just great xD Kinda felt bad for her.

I wonder whats going to happen to this show, I hope it doesn't turn out too disappointing :/ Hopefully it will go into a second season instead of trying to wrap it all up, but it's kind of hard to see what direction it would go in.

QuiGonJonSep 21, 2012 12:12 AM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 21, 2012 1:07 AM

Apr 2011
Truth you annoying fuck...
Sep 21, 2012 1:38 AM
Apr 2011
QuiGonJon said:
So I just figured out that it seems Naru's trying to keep the timeline going to what would be the original Eureka 7 timeline. Not sure if this is new or if it was obvious and I was slow.

So Elena's from the 80's, was jumped to the future to save her, and brought back but in 2020? Huh. Also, maybe Elena would calm down if they told her that where she thinks she's from isn't another world, but just the future. And dang, Elena needs to chill :P I loved when she thought Ao was confessing to her and realized what he meant, he "are you kidding me" -_- face was just great xD Kinda felt bad for her.

I wonder whats going to happen to this show, I hope it doesn't turn out too disappointing :/ Hopefully it will go into a second season instead of trying to wrap it all up, but it's kind of hard to see what direction it would go in.

Earth got wiped out in the original timeline and most of humanity died and the survivors had to flee.
Sep 21, 2012 1:39 AM
Oct 2011
Kizuka said:

I agree with this. I'm mixed, I've greatly enjoy the show so far, and would be looking forward to the big climax, however I really like what they have here and if they were given a second season I think they'd have a very good chance of being able to elevate the entire project closer to the level of the first series if they had time to dwell on the all the stuff that's happened to our main team and use it as a stepping stone for their future actions, like the first series got to do. Doesn't seem too likely though as it feels like we're in end-game.
DangerMouseDMSep 21, 2012 2:37 AM
Sep 21, 2012 3:33 AM

Sep 2011
My high hopes for this series was dashed as soon as Truth got introduced. The first 3 or so episodes built up hype but then it turned into a terrible Evangelion clone.

At least with Eva, you had slightly better clarity.
I know Kung-Food!
Sep 21, 2012 3:41 AM

Jan 2009
lol Elena sure is dolt when she rage... that means Elena is really not from Eureka's timeline but rather really is from the current timeline
Sep 21, 2012 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
Elena's psycho-ness is totally lame and annoying. If they wanted a yandere character they failed seriously :/ truth faggot is back, and what the fuck he did to theEnd? next ep is probably going to be some epic fight between Ao and truthfag. Also I have feeling that we will see Renton in the last ep. Hope I'm wrong :(
Sep 21, 2012 5:10 AM

May 2010
elena just pisses me off..makes me sick..such an annoying nasty brat. someone shoot that bitch seriously!
Sep 21, 2012 5:36 AM

Aug 2010
It seems like Truth and Ao fight every other episode. This one was an episode where they didn't fight and next episode looks like it is another fight between them. The previews build them up to be an epic battle but then nothing really happens.
Sep 21, 2012 6:31 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
So Elena is basically a brat that needed someone to tell her that she was herself and they wanted her. And surprise, Truth made an appearance... Bleh episode is bleh~
Sep 21, 2012 6:37 AM
Sep 2012
There goes my Elena is Dominik and Anemone's daughter theory. While she might not be her daughter, Elena defentely has that Anemone spirit. Well hopefully that is the last os psycho Elena. I like comic relief and pervert Elena better.
Sep 21, 2012 7:12 AM

Dec 2010
So Eureka is traveling from burst to burst?
The ending to this episode was quite bad... Elena got so annoying and Ao spouting some nonesense. "I want to stay with you" and everyone else -.- The nirvash should have shot the gun.

This really needs a S2 and they need to make sure that its understandable. This series has been really hard to grasp on what exactly is going on.
Sep 21, 2012 7:17 AM

Jul 2012
hotdamnbatman said:
QuiGonJon said:

Earth got wiped out in the original timeline and most of humanity died and the survivors had to flee.

In the original timeline yeah but that hasnt happened yet. In Ao humanity doesnt really have the technology or resources to make a major migration from earth.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 21, 2012 8:20 AM
Feb 2012
For fuck's sake this show manages to become worse and worse...
Sep 21, 2012 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
blfan said:
There goes my Elena is Dominik and Anemone's daughter theory. While she might not be her daughter, Elena defentely has that Anemone spirit. Well hopefully that is the last os psycho Elena. I like comic relief and pervert Elena better.

Thank god. I would be totally disappointed if they had such a daughter. (enough disappointment with Ao) no and no. Anemone was epic and badass, Elena is just girl who needs therapy, but I agree that funny and pervert Elena is far more likeable.
Sep 21, 2012 9:49 AM

Dec 2009
So... timelines, huh. But are there dimensions? I didn't get that.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 21, 2012 12:13 PM

Feb 2012
Can this ambiguously brown brat be quite possibly any more annoying?

E7 Ao masterplan: "Let's make obnoxious children pilot military grade machinery!"

Meanwhile at Bones studio:
Sep 21, 2012 12:36 PM

Oct 2008
Wierd. I generally disliked last episode (one more people seemed to buy in to), but liked this one significantly more; they really played into Elena's mentally unstable and deluded personality much more than I was expecting - she was so obsessed with the otherworldly imagery she held in her memories from the short time she was with Eureka, that she had deluded herself into believing she was from the future timeline herself, and became obsessed with the fantastical as a result - so that, I liked. Not much I didn't like about this episode, to be honest, other than the contrived little speech that Ao gave at the end, but given the type of show it is, it was more or less completely expected.

Also, with three episodes left, I'm almost positive there's going to be more to this series; don't count on seeing Renton until 24, if at all, this season. Anyways, sticking to this perspective, as expected, I enjoyed the episode a lot more than I otherwise would have.
DangerrSep 21, 2012 1:41 PM
Sep 21, 2012 12:51 PM
Aug 2012
I NEEEEEEEEED them to show Renton in the episodes not just the intro with his back turned!
Sep 21, 2012 1:03 PM
Sep 2011
Naru eating dinner with her family caught me off-guard and even if she's an "terrorist" now, or at least that's how she is referred by the media it's nice to see how much she seems to have matured when compared to the start of this series.

It looks like both Naru and Fleur are diving into poltical issues now. While Naru acts as an mediator between humans and and the Scub Corals, Fleur has to represent Pied Piper in negotiations with Japan.

The main theme of a "fake" world gets featured once again. Nakamura is determined to change the world, the main factor why he cooperated with Truth as both of them think of the world as false though it is not certain how he will influence future events from now on as he seems to become less important not only plotwise but also regarding his status in military affairs. Elena has been developing an obsession with an alternate world she deems to be her home when the reality she is imaging is actually fake, a product of her desires for a fantastic and unordinary place because she is bored with reality which is why she takes comfort in manga and anime. I suspect she is supposed to represent peole in the real world who want to escape their from their point of view ordinary life.
Sep 21, 2012 1:09 PM

Oct 2008
Freigeist said:
Naru eating dinner with her family caught me off-guard and even if she's an "terrorist" now, or at least that's how she is referred by the media it's nice to see how much she seems to have matured when compared to the start of this series.

Now these turn of events I wasn't expecting, though it makes sense; with Pied Piper and Japan now being anti-scub, and with the rest of the world going pro-Scub, it makes perfect sense that the Coalition would ally itself to Naru, and likewise, herself with them -- whatever it takes to help out the Scub Coral, as she would see it.

As far as her newfound "maturity" goes, I think a lot of it has to do with her connection to the Scub Coral, as she's essentially taken in an amount of knowledge and insight that's far beyond what she normally could have accomplished by her age.

ALSO:

Elena's way too genre-savy to not realize that she's just been friend-zoned. Big time.

DangerrSep 21, 2012 1:33 PM
Sep 21, 2012 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
What was that? What?
I really, really hoped that they will not play with parallel realities. It brakes all the world of E7 into stupid variations. Since the beginning I was telling that this was going to go bad, but did not think that it will go so bad.
I think, we have a winner in nomination of most meaningless show of the year.
No, Disappointment of the year would be more accurate.
a_guestSep 21, 2012 4:22 PM
Sep 21, 2012 2:39 PM
Jul 2012
Well I'm happy we got clear answers on who Elena is and i liked the action. But for an episode thats supposedly episode 21 of a 24 episode anime it sucked. And i felt the whole changed from Elena being a crazy ass bitch to being all nice and queit was bs and not believable.
Sep 21, 2012 3:27 PM

Aug 2012
Was it just me or the part of the mecha truth came out looked like a vagina?
Sep 21, 2012 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
Im just wondering, would you have a different perspective on these latest episodes if you knew that there was going to be a season 2?
Hopefully Renton shows up to help Ao defeat truth because now Truth seems more op than ever...
Sep 21, 2012 3:49 PM

Oct 2011
Ugh.. Ao's hesitance with the quartz gun is irritating to see. I'm not anxious to see the how the ending will be.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Sep 21, 2012 4:11 PM

Oct 2007
Dangerr said:
Freigeist said:

ALSO:

Elena's way too genre-savy to not realize that she's just been friend-zoned. Big time.

Lol, even the helmet changed.....
Sep 21, 2012 4:25 PM
Sep 2011
for the love of god, just shoot the damn gun
Sep 21, 2012 4:54 PM

Dec 2010
This entire series just fails in so many ways, also the characters are completely unlikable; this episode just furthered that thought.

Dangerr said:
Freigeist said:

ALSO:

Lol, even the helmet changed.....

One of the few good parts of the episode lol
Sep 21, 2012 5:27 PM
Oct 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
This entire series just fails in so many ways, also the characters are completely unlikable; this episode just furthered that thought.

Keeping the story part out of it, I totally disagree on this, most of the "hero" characters are totally likeable, the only character on their side that fluctuates in likeability naturally is Elena who I find very likeable at times and then less so at others like in this ep she expectedly fluctuated between both (and perhaps Naru mostly because of her scenes early in the show with Truth where she's calling him kind while there are dead bodies around, while she's been better lately since she split up with him and since around the halfway point where she helped Ao by opening the spot in the Scub Coral), the entire Gen Bleu team in my opinion from Ao, Fleur, Elena (most of the time), Ivica, Rebecka, Gazelle's group, Christophe, even minor ones like the head mechanic and even Georg remained consistently likeable.

DangerMouseDMSep 21, 2012 5:41 PM
Sep 21, 2012 5:35 PM

Dec 2010
DangerMouseDM said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

I totally disagree on this, most of the "hero" characters are totally likeable, the only character on their side that fluctuates in likeability naturally is Elena who I find very likeable at times and then less so at others like in this ep she expectedly fluctuated between both (and perhaps Naru mostly because of her scenes early in the show with Truth), the entire Gen Bleu team in my opinion from Ao, Fleur, Ivica, Rebecka, Gazelle's group, Christophe, even minor ones like the head mechanic and even Georg remained consistently likeable.

You can say whatever you like but if we were to take a poll how many do you think would vote this series to be a disappointment and failure compared to its prequel? Do you honestly think it matches up? Fact is it doesn't match up and hasn't even felt like a sequel, as bad as Renton was in the earlier parts of E7 he was still better than Ao; and Eureka was incomparably better than any of the girls in this series. Don't even get me started on the relationships either; since E7 actually did it properly while here we have at best the MC chasing the crazy chick. You want to talk about actual likable characters? rewatch E7 and then tell me which cast is better.
Sep 21, 2012 6:36 PM

Apr 2010
Sigh.. This series just keep going down hill.

I wonder if we are really going to have to wait until Feb to watch 23-24 though.
Sep 21, 2012 6:39 PM
Oct 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
DangerMouseDM said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

I totally disagree on this, most of the "hero" characters are totally likeable, the only character on their side that fluctuates in likeability naturally is Elena who I find very likeable at times and then less so at others like in this ep she expectedly fluctuated between both (and perhaps Naru mostly because of her scenes early in the show with Truth), the entire Gen Bleu team in my opinion from Ao, Fleur, Ivica, Rebecka, Gazelle's group, Christophe, even minor ones like the head mechanic and even Georg remained consistently likeable.

You can say whatever you like but if we were to take a poll how many do you think would vote this series to be a disappointment and failure compared to its prequel? Do you honestly think it matches up? Fact is it doesn't match up and hasn't even felt like a sequel, as bad as Renton was in the earlier parts of E7 he was still better than Ao; and Eureka was incomparably better than any of the girls in this series. Don't even get me started on the relationships either; since E7 actually did it properly while here we have at best the MC chasing the crazy chick. You want to talk about actual likable characters? rewatch E7 and then tell me which cast is better.

I was talking about the likability of the characters not whether the show matched up.

I didn't say the depth of the relationships matched up or that their likeability means that they're as likeable as the old leads (Eureka, Renton, Anemone, Dominic) at their best.

That doesn't mean they're not likeable just because outside of probably specifically Ao and Ivica who are really close IMO, they might not be as likeable as fully developed Renton (later in the show), Eureka, Holland, Talho, Anemone (once you knew what was going on) and Dominic. Nor does it mean that the rest of the "hero" characters I mentioned before aren't likeable to very likeable depending on the character. Why does a character not being as likeable as my favorite character from E7 (probably Anemone given her arc and how that ends with Dominic and TheEnd) mean that they can't be likeable. If that's the case then lots of likeable characters in other shows are totally unlikeable too.

I think comparing the likability of Ao and Renton is more complex than that. Taking into account that Ao had the more difficult task to become likable through battle with his bravery, using his head for some strategies in his early battles, desire to protect the people of other countries on his missions, and caring about his team, without the benefit in likeability that Renton's crush/romance with Eureka enabled, I think he measured up pretty good which for Ao started thanks to his backbone and lack of complaining and how he handled himself right from the beginning. While he has yet to and perhaps (probably?) won't reach the heights of Renton thanks to Eureka, Ao was likeable and remained and has continued to become more likeable far faster than Renton did with his very slow start (not that there was anything wrong with that in the end).

But we don't have Ao chasing a crazy chick because he likes her romantically or anything, plus he didn't even chase her, rather she chases him and then rather than fight her he confronts her to get her back on their side because she's been an ally/friend and he wants her back.
DangerMouseDMSep 21, 2012 7:17 PM
Sep 21, 2012 7:03 PM

Oct 2008
Just a general observation - many people in this thread seem to be knocking Elena's inconsistent emotions in this episode, but hasn't the show made a constant point that she's very mentally unstable, going so far as to exhibit bipolar tendencies and dissociative identity crises? This series has treated me to plenty of dilemmas as far as my suspension of belief has gone, but this episode didn't seem to be a great offender, in that respect.

Given the current pacing of the series, if in three episodes it's just the end, I'd probably be joining you guys in the doom and gloom, but given the vast breadth of how much they have yet to address, if this studio has any trace of self-respect left, I could not see them utterly destroying this franchise in the manner that would beset itself if this came to be (not counting those who would claim its reached that point long ago). I'll be just as pissed and disappointed, if this is actually what happens, as the next individual; until that point, however, I guess I've just chosen to adopt the glass half-full approach to my viewing - again, I found myself to enjoy this last episode substantially more than I otherwise would have, if I viewed it as one of the penultimate episodes leading up to the series finale. Should I have to adopt this mindset in order to enjoy a television series? Hell no. If they've planned on doing a S2 this entire time, they've made a major mistake in not relaying that to the audience properly, ahead of time; I mean, I can understand wanting to instill a sense of mystery and suspense when heading into the mid-season finale, but this perspective that this could very well be the series finale is seriously and irreparably damaging some people's perception of the franchise. And that's only -if- they're prepping a second season. Either way, they've churned out a flawed product, and I'm almost certainly going to bump my score down a notch, either way - I shouldn't have to make concessions for myself in order to enjoy a tv series, but that's what it's come to.

Damn it Bones, be more transparent about this shit!
DangerrSep 21, 2012 7:19 PM
Sep 21, 2012 7:22 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was a pretty good one, but as each episode goes by, I want Ao to shoot that cannon more and more. He really needs to, might help put the world on track.

I think the Elena scene was pretty well made, but I wish it would have lasted longer, like maybe going into the next episode? I feel like that would have made it more dramatic. So Elena isn't actually from the world of PoP. I guess she got obsessed with the idea that there was something about her that was different, because she saw the PoP world (Which I believe is the future, correct me if I'm wrong on this). It kind of fits Elena's character though if you think about it. I mean she's an otaku who is obsessed with the idea that there is something inherent about her that makes her different, like she could be a "main character" and then she goes into denial about being from the same world as everyone else.

So she was technically born 40 years before the series started? Trippy... But I still wish we knew what her real name was. She stole the name from the real Elena Peoples right? Because that Elena Peoples really died. She needed an identity to exist in the future world. But she was 10 when she was brought from the past? She has to have so many memories of the Eighties... that could be interesting...

Elena is still easily my favorite character. She's hard to grasp and file into a particular category. She's probably the deepest character in the show as well... I prefer her to Anemone honestly...

Still Truth pops up and doesn't really do anything. Seriously Ao needs to blow his face off with the cannon, I presume that it will probably happen soon...
Sep 21, 2012 7:32 PM

Dec 2010
They need to show Renton already, thats the only thing worth looking forward to in this show anymore.
Sep 21, 2012 7:38 PM

Oct 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
They need to show Renton already, thats the only thing worth looking forward to in this show anymore.

Again, I wouldn't expect that till 24; he's obviously going to save the day in some sort of big way, and if my gut instinct is correct, it's probably going to segue into the final credits with this track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR0kfW6_K0o&feature=plcp

<CUE ANNOUNCEMENT OF S2>

/nervous laughter
Sep 21, 2012 7:52 PM

Sep 2011
Dangerr said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Again, I wouldn't expect that till 24; he's obviously going to save the day in some sort of big way, and if my gut instinct is correct, it's probably going to segue into the final credits with this track:

<CUE ANNOUNCEMENT OF S2>

/nervous laughter

That would be awesome.
Sep 21, 2012 7:55 PM

Oct 2008
Tyrel said:
Dangerr said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

<CUE ANNOUNCEMENT OF S2>

/nervous laughter

That would be awesome.

Literally too good to be true, unfortunately. Rarely did even the original series have such moments of satisfying payoff, bar episodes 26 and 50. I mean, such a moment in AO would be massive fan-pandering, but come on, at this point, I think we've earned it.
Sep 21, 2012 8:01 PM
Oct 2011
cyclone1993 said:
So she was technically born 40 years before the series started? Trippy... But I still wish we knew what her real name was. She stole the name from the real Elena Peoples right? Because that Elena Peoples really died. She needed an identity to exist in the future world. But she was 10 when she was brought from the past? She has to have so many memories of the Eighties... that could be interesting...

Elena is still easily my favorite character. She's hard to grasp and file into a particular category. She's probably the deepest character in the show as well... I prefer her to Anemone honestly...

Still Truth pops up and doesn't really do anything. Seriously Ao needs to blow his face off with the cannon, I presume that it will probably happen soon...

Agreed. Though I don't prefer her to Anemone particularly thanks to late in the show, but I can understand how some might plus she's likeable faster.

Yeah, this stuff still makes Elena easily one of my favorites in the show too, also, that's very true, we may know when she's seemingly from but we still don't know everything including surprisingly how she got/took the late Elena Peoples' identity.

I'm starting to side with the whole I'd be surprised if we're really ending at ep 24 thing if we haven't even gotten the full answer on Elena's true identity yet even after her latest focus episode there are still some questions about her.

So looking forward to Ao kicking Truth's ass/blasting him with the cannon.
DangerMouseDMSep 21, 2012 8:48 PM
Sep 21, 2012 8:14 PM

Dec 2010
Here's my thoughts on Elena. In Episode 18, I think Elena's speech at Miller's "grave" was quite interesting and it goes to add more to her character. It's like she's stuck in her own world and she wants someone to help her, and to talk to her but she doesn't want to bring it up herself. I definitely like that aspect to her character (maybe because she's my favorite but who knows?)

I believe that Elena did physically kill Miller. Miller was living a double life as being a singer/spy and Elena in the process of trying to find her own identity stumbled upon Miller who was also walking the identity line and drew her in. She may have found out that Miller was a spy and killed her right away, and then saw the opportunity to become her. By adapting Miller's persona Elena was able to run away from her own identity problems. Then when she finally moves on and buries the wig it signifies the end of her running/denial phase and begin the acceptance of her identity and the quest for the knowledge of her origins so that she can finally move on.

Elena has always worn a "mask" of sorts. She has a dual personality the cheerful otaku girl, and the temperamental killer. Maybe that's why she is so in to anime and the like. It could be for her what it is for many otakus, escapism. She's trying to avoid answering the big questions in her life and which of her "masks" she wants to be her true face. I wouldn't put it past bones incorporating a characters otakuness into her character and overall character development. I mean Talho's outfit at the beginning of PofP was even part of her character development. In fact it works quite similar to Elena's problems, trying to avoid reality.

It's for this reason that I sincerely believe that Elena is the deepest character in the show.

Just throwing that out there!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

96 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.