Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2008 11:02 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SUBS are out! So far so good for me! Yajima! NOOOOOOOOOO! Damn that robot! So unfair!

Risako slapping Hayase was surprising but understandable since she saw that summoning with Kizaki.

It was funny to see Hayase BEAT UP OTHER BULLIES THAT ARE STRONGER THAN THOSE BULLIES he could not beat before. Yeah! Show them Hayase you are not weak anymore!

Yajima!!!!!!!!! He really LOVED RISAKO! He never could get her cause she was leaning more towards Hayase! Really feel bad about Yajima!

It was good to see how much he stood for his friends in the past to the point of even risking his own health.

The fight in the rain BETWEEN HAYASE AND YAJIMA IS VERY MEMORABLE. It also makes me think of OKAZAKI AND SUNOHARA'S FIGHT IN CLANNAD! Since I just saw this week's episode it seems that THE MESSAGE IS: even though fights may occur between friends ALL IS NOT OVER! Reconciliation is possible and REVENGE NEEDS not to be DONE.

Yajima..........childhood figures ARE VERY MEMORABLE BUT when he saves Hayase from the blast of that robot...........THAT WAS MOST WHAT HIT ME! LIKE A LIGHTING I WENT BERSERK...........think I did like 2 to 3 smokes in less than 10 minutes! BAD for me!

Hayase going berserk=TO ME GOING CRAZY! Hell if I had LINEBARRELS........I would destroy all the city I live in........then the PROVINCE OR STATE OF THAT CITY......then I guess the whole country would finish it off! YES! THAT'S IT!

EXECUTOR IS VERY WELL DONE COMPARED TO THE MANGA!!!!! REALLY! REALLY! WELL DONE!

HIGHLIGHTS

The whole sister act in the beginning was LOL+The fanservice of Rachel was way loli licious!+I think Painkiller's Factor has really big ones. Come to think of it I think they are bigger that Kizakis'.

I love this face of Hayase!+Yajima in the rain!

The fight in the rain+Yajima when young!

R.I.P. YAJIMA! WATCH FROM THE SKY LINEBARRELS! IT WILL KILL ALLLLLLLLLLL!

Hayase going Factor Berserk!+LineBarrels making the SOB bleed! Yeah that's the way HE SHOULD PAY!

Hayase going BERSERK INSIDE OF LINEBARRELS+MAKING THE ENEMY BLEED EVEN MORE!

MORE COOL POSES OF LINEBARRELS UNDER BERSERK MODE OF HAYASE!

EXECUTOR IN FIRING MODE+YUP HAYASE DESTROYS HALF THE BRIDGE WITH EXECUTOR! Should have this continued half the city would BE RAZED WITH THAT LASER!

OFFICIALLY THAT IS THE EXECUTOR! I AM DROOLING OF HOW BETTER IT IS THAN IN THE MANGA!

I also LIKE THESE POSES OF HAYASE JUST CAUSE HE IS IN BERSERK MODE! You don't get to see him like that OFTEN!

Nice pose of Yajima with Hayase when they were young+ Vardent with the boost from the HINDs' arm.......gets to somehow calm down LineBarrels!
angel999Oct 29, 2008 6:44 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 24, 2008 7:11 PM
Oct 2008
This episode was far better then the last 3 hopefully this show can take what they did from this episode and carry it over
Oct 24, 2008 7:24 PM

Mar 2008
I nearly cried ;(

Reminds me a lot of RahXephon and abit of Evangelion... excellent episode! No complain at all ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2008 7:42 PM

Sep 2008
eh it was ok, but this episode made me realise how awful the music is in this anime.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 24, 2008 8:11 PM

Jan 2008
can't get enough of hayase going berserk > <
Oct 24, 2008 11:12 PM

Jul 2008
it's getting better every week
Oct 25, 2008 12:12 AM
Nov 2007
it gives you a retro feel with the fight animation doesnt it?

i wonder how everyone will react to find out Yajima died with Hayase right next to him..
Oct 25, 2008 12:15 AM

May 2008
lol, Kouichi is back, and now with twice the emo!

That was quick! I seriously thought there was gonna be a whole episode of sulk there.xD

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 25, 2008 6:40 AM

Feb 2008
Loved the episode! Yajima's death was really sad, and the fight after that was epic!
Oct 25, 2008 7:24 AM
Nov 2007
Good ep.

Nice that they kill of someone so soon.
Oct 25, 2008 8:35 AM
Aug 2008
So now Kouichi has a chance to redeem himself. This is a chance for the show to turn around for me. It looks like the next episode is going right into comedy, which is a mistake I think. That was my biggest complaint with D.Gray-Man -- something serious would happen like a potential character death and they would go right back to the jokes immediately following the emotional scene. Gurren Lagann has been the only show I've seen (to my recollection) that deals with a death in a real way. Jokes are out of place after something like this happens.
Oct 25, 2008 9:25 AM

Oct 2007
Theres something wrong with MAL, it wont let me drop this aweful show. :D
But seriously, what was Yajima thinking when he told Kouichi to do what he wants.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2008 1:08 PM

May 2008
Metroid_Ex said:
But seriously, what was Yajima thinking when he told Kouichi to do what he wants.

Haha, yeah.
As if he wasn't doing enough of what he wants as it is.xD

Now I know you're beating up and bullying people all the time, and tearing up the city, but do what you want.xD

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 26, 2008 2:46 AM

May 2008
Just Saw the Raw,
Wth!
I can't wait to see this episode with subs .
i understood part of the episode but not all of it..
Oct 26, 2008 3:12 AM

Feb 2008
TechDragon said:
Just Saw the Raw,
Wth!
I can't wait to see this episode with subs .
i understood part of the episode but not all of it..

You can either go to crunchyroll and stream it or just wait for the torrents to show up in TT
Oct 26, 2008 8:55 AM

Jul 2008
So, we go from pompous arrogant prick Kouichi to super emo and ansgty Kouichi? Perfect! Admittedly, this was the best episode to date, and with any luck Kouichi will turn into a semi reasonable human being shortly. For the first time though, I was able to not completely hate him, so that's a start. Anyway, please bring on the redemption. Please.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 26, 2008 7:16 PM

Mar 2008
The flashback might've been moving if the first thing Kouichi did when he got power -wasn't- indiscriminately busting things up.

Also, the drama of the fight is seriously ruined by poor combat animation. The stills look nice enough, but I suspect that like Sunrise with m00, GONZO doesn't really understand the difference between a good still and a good animation. With all the fraction-of-a-second jumpcuts, the fights are harder to follow than those of the Transformers movie.
Oct 27, 2008 8:26 AM

Oct 2008
who was that robot. man this is what i like in shows. freak accidents happen. best episode thus far.
Oct 27, 2008 10:56 AM

Aug 2008
Well, it seems KnL knows enough to kill off 'unnecessary' characters. This is something CG did, too, but just couldn't seem to keep them dead. 'Least these two had enough sense to realize they were the same. One thing I feared was another Furuichi (Xam'd).
I will be royally pissed if they ressurrect Yajima as a Factor.

In all seriousness, this would've made a nice OVA which ended with this episode. Not that it's so bad I want it to stop, but because this actually seemed like a good ending.

At least those annoying terrorists in the submarine were taken care of ;).
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 27, 2008 1:56 PM

Aug 2008
With this ep the show stepped back from 'so bad that its funny', to simply being bad.
Someone should make a GIF out of Hayase shaking in rage, lol

[Saving throw]: [Failed]
'OP' repeatedly inflicts damage (Physical:Piercing 500) to 'Kvakond'
Oct 27, 2008 6:37 PM

Jul 2008
I need the SUB!My Jap isn't good enough.
Oct 27, 2008 7:01 PM

Sep 2008
this ep liked me... finally the story is starting...
Oct 27, 2008 7:01 PM

Feb 2008
lol compare to the previous episodes threads, most voter love this episode :D

now i can tell something to those people who had stopped watching this show since eps 1- that this is going to be great.
Oct 27, 2008 11:12 PM

Jun 2008
Looks like it is getting better now. I'm glad I didn't drop it immediately likes so many others did
Oct 28, 2008 10:50 PM

Jul 2008
SUBS ARE OUT!

http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=167373
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 29, 2008 1:09 AM

Nov 2007
I actually like this episode, instead of having Kouichi emo sulk throughout the whole episode they actually started his redemption (i think). Hopefully Kouichi will be less of a 'tard from now on. I'm going to throw something across my room if they pull a "Yajima returns as a Factor on the opposite side" plot twist >_>.
Oct 29, 2008 6:11 AM

Jun 2008
The series is indeed getting better, but I guess it couldn't get worse than it was before.

I'll be sticking around at least until Deceive and the twins show up, which I think might be next episode.

Satoru is still way too masculine, for a moment I thought she was actually a boy and I mistook her for a girl when I read the manga.
Oct 29, 2008 1:40 PM

Dec 2007
watched episode 4 and it was just an awesome episode, i loved it.
The main thing that made me love this episode was because Yajima died, that almost made me tear up and cry. wow this anime is going better then i thought, i dont know why a few people told me that they hate it and dropped it xD
well i rate this episode a 5 out of 5 and i hope the future episodes will be as good as this one!
this episode made my overall score of the anime go up from a 7 to and 8 which means that its very good!!!
Oct 29, 2008 2:50 PM

Sep 2008
Love this show so far. Lots of emotions in this episode, HUGE improvement compared to first 3 episodes (ep 3 was really great in last 5 minutes, when he said how weak he was, how he couldn't do anything for girl he likes, man, I really like this kind of emotions).
Can't wait for ep5 now...and here I was, thinking of dropping the show after silly episode 1.
Oct 29, 2008 4:07 PM

Jul 2008
I felt so horrible for Yajima in this episode.. I wonder how Risako is going to act next episode. D:

I agree with RandomOugi, I thought that Satoru was a boy too!! I guess she's just a tomboy. :P
Oct 29, 2008 9:16 PM

Apr 2007
Meh, my opinion on this series hasn't changed. I find most of the character too annoying to fully enjoy it. Though I didn't expect Yajima to be killed off, that's one +.
Oct 29, 2008 10:53 PM

Jun 2007
ROFL the first thing they do when they get to the scene is tell Kouichi to stop fighting while he's trying to save himself and exact revenge on the mecha that just killed his best friend. It's almost like they couldn't give a shit about his life or why he's fighting more psychotically then before.

As for the episode, I was extremely happy with it. Kouichi's personality never lets me down. I couldn't ask for a better hero in this series :P. I really hope they don't turn him into a rationalized pansy in the next few eps. That would totally ruin everything this show has going for it. Who wants to see Kouichi act like every other Hero in every other mecha show? Not me! :P
Oct 30, 2008 11:22 PM
May 2008
The animation is really getting worse from this episode. Those three guys under the bridge look like their faces were distorted in one scene. Also, I had a hard enough time following the CGI fight scenes at the end of this episode.
Nov 2, 2008 4:16 PM

Jul 2008
Animation and drawing are two different thing, don't get that wrong.

Well this ep was good, better than the 3 other, this show still have some hope.
Nov 2, 2008 7:46 PM

Jan 2007
Good episode. While it brings nothing new to the table, it progressed quite nicely. It was sad that Yajima died, but it was bound to happen for Kouichi's development.
Nov 3, 2008 3:15 PM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
ROFL the first thing they do when they get to the scene is tell Kouichi to stop fighting while he's trying to save himself and exact revenge on the mecha that just killed his best friend. It's almost like they couldn't give a shit about his life or why he's fighting more psychotically then before.

As for the episode, I was extremely happy with it. Kouichi's personality never lets me down. I couldn't ask for a better hero in this series :P. I really hope they don't turn him into a rationalized pansy in the next few eps. That would totally ruin everything this show has going for it. Who wants to see Kouichi act like every other Hero in every other mecha show? Not me! :P

that is exactly it. they fighters don't give a shit about him or what he is going through. they just want the machine and could care less about him. currently i actually hate them more than when kouichi was an ass.

this episode was very good. finally an anime where the hero is not just weak and becomes strong. kouichi was actually an ass first which made his turn around better. it also made the things he goes through more difficult and stronger. finally both of them understand each other and then he loses his best friend.
Nov 7, 2008 4:28 PM
Apr 2008
great ep yajima dying is sure to spin the series now. lets hope the stay this good not like ep 2 and 3
Nov 20, 2008 12:22 PM

Sep 2008
Well maybe now his personality will get better. I've been skipping time after time each ep because of how much I hate it but I do believe that it still can be a good series, as long as we can get past these kind of parts.
Dec 26, 2008 11:26 PM

Oct 2007
"I'm sorry Miss Nanako, I guess I couldn't take you to the beach today..."
llxwarbirdxllDec 26, 2008 11:34 PM
Sep 28, 2009 9:29 AM

Nov 2008
Someone spoiled me Yajima's death before ¬_¬

Anyway, it was very intense. Something like that should happen to make Kouichi change his mind. And we finally see the Executor!
Aug 31, 2011 10:07 PM

Aug 2011
All i can say is wrong person died.
Jun 28, 2012 10:00 AM

Mar 2012
HAHA YES GO ON A RAMPAGE AND KILL EVERYTHING! FUCK EVERYONE!
Oh yes, this is a very fun time...
Jul 1, 2012 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
now I see why people hate the mc. he rages on his friend, and beats him up. then goes berserk when he dies. isn't nice to the girl he likes, or the girl he's "partnered with". won't listen to anyone including the authorities.
Nov 2, 2012 12:32 PM
Dec 2010
now story gets better ... sad It had to be dead of his friend to make him realize his wrongdoings..
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 21, 2014 7:51 AM

May 2008
A useless brat with superpowers going rampage and the best reasonable character died in this ep. When will he realize his foolishness...
Apr 20, 2015 12:09 AM
Jun 2013
I wonder if kizaki a alien or something with the whole our world talk. well at least kouichi felt bad for beating up his friend and look it here yajima is in love with risako. He at least admitted he didint protect him to be a friend but just to impress her. I give him props for that. yea dont blame kouichi for acting like he did here. Dont think I would be able to hold back after my friend was blown to pieces and I was left holding the hand literary . pretty sad,but good episode.
Feb 23, 2017 2:54 AM
Mar 2012
rip Yajima. That was some good bro to bro moment & backstory, tho Yajima's advice is very questionable.
Emi from another world backstory.
Great fight
Major char dev for Kouichi, not sure for the better or...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 23 Discussion

KaminaKai - Mar 13, 2009

20 by Archean-Return »»
Jan 24, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 17 Discussion

id - Jan 30, 2009

16 by Archean-Return »»
Jan 23, 11:11 AM

» Bluray release outside of Japan

removed-user - May 15, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
May 15, 2020 3:05 PM

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 24 Discussion

KaminaKai - Mar 20, 2009

44 by gophercg »»
Mar 1, 2017 6:37 AM

Poll: » Kurogane no Linebarrels Episode 22 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 9, 2009

25 by gophercg »»
Feb 27, 2017 2:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.