Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2011 2:03 PM
Sep 2009
I can say only one thing. People die when they are killed if they aren't Mugen.
Aug 4, 2011 9:58 AM
Feb 2010
I like how Mugen beheaded one of the brothers...I loved Jin sans shirt and glasses, with hair down...supa yum...yeah, I wish that they would've stayed together or 2 of them at least would couple up. (In my head, Mugen ends up with the undercover ninja girl and Jin goes back to the prostitute he freed. My inner fanfic continues with one of their girlfriends dying within 5 years...but I digress.)
blindassassinAug 4, 2011 10:05 AM
Aug 7, 2011 5:14 AM
Aug 2011
Every time they split up, they end up together again.

It's destiny.
Aug 7, 2011 9:23 AM

Oct 2010
i really good, anime... the ending was good to!
Aug 9, 2011 11:17 PM
Jan 2009
This show is near flawless, probably my favorite anime ever. I'm just a little saddened by the fact that it isn't revealed what happens to the three of them after they go their separate ways.
Aug 12, 2011 12:09 AM

Sep 2010
Really enjoyed watching this.
Aug 21, 2011 6:45 PM

Jun 2011
So glad none of them died! I was really scared there for a second. And I couldn't help but cry soem during these 3 parts. xD

SUCH A GREAT SERIES!!
WHY AREn"T THERE MORE LIKE IT/THIS GREAT!?!?!?
Sep 3, 2011 9:06 AM
Jul 2011
Lame ending. I was waiting for final showdown between Jin and Mugen since episode 1, but for some reason they suddenly decided to become friends. At least they didnt go further than that.....
Sep 3, 2011 11:09 AM

Dec 2010
hell00 said:
Lame ending. I was waiting for final showdown between Jin and Mugen since episode 1, but for some reason they suddenly decided to become friends. At least they didnt go further than that.....
That's the point.
Sep 6, 2011 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
notsureifsrs said:
hell00 said:
That's the point.

some people just cant sense the flow of theme.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Sep 12, 2011 10:36 PM
Sep 2011
Hmm. Seems like this post of mine is far off time. Apparently all the discussions i find are usually years behind! eh anyway- i don't just wanna say this is the best series cus Ive had lost of those. The best thing i can say is this is amazing, and the mix of samurai action and 25/25 (%) romance/comedy showed this to be a great series. Hopefully they make more series just like this one and cowboy bebop.
Yep its sad to not know what goes on after the split up. Dam Mugan an Jin better clash again. Anyone actually think about the ninja girl who fell in love with mugan in episode 15?? 1/3 things i wish i could just see. Not trying to be sentimental tho, These sortof are my opinions too. Well i would include more like the people who kept saying they loved the series sooooo much, best in the world, all that mush and i guess il just say i agree. Hmm ._. thanks for reading i guess (reply maybe?) hah

ADD ON/EDIT : apparently ive just joined and not realized that the other posts were made not that long ago, and i was looking at the join date. YES feel very stupid and uh. pretty much it - why not make a movie like in Bebop? Hoping just a little bit that there will be an add on to the series. Reminds me of Kaze no Stigma when i finish a series and i want "more". The author died in the middle of the series and never really finished the story line with an ok ending because it just tells you of the stuff youll never get to see. (suggest watching kaze no stigma pretty cool). Buuuuut i bet most of you Samurai Champloo lovers arnt into some anime Maybe like it * opinion. Im into a lot of types of anime sooo (SC has been the best anime ive seen yet except maybe for bebop and its jazz style)
Thanks for reading
SamuraiChuk
SamuraiChukSep 12, 2011 10:42 PM
Oct 29, 2011 7:03 PM
Aug 2008
the last episode was the one I liked MOST in the entire series - I could have definitely not wasted the time watching all of that. If I had known better, would have only watched the last three episodes, and even those with the sole purpose of understanding the last one.
As for other stuff: don't know Japanese history to appreciate the references, pop-culture references have become irrelevant by the time I've watched it (didn't people know that pop-culture changes all the time and you being "current" is but a short moment, on which you should not ever actively depend?), swords fights weren't enough to catch my attention (although the few that were shown, were worthy of note).
While I do wish that there was more of their adventures to watch (I think there's a manga about those, with a different plot line, though), I think that anime ended appropriately, in a mature and realistic way: its true that you can find people you call "Friends" and can respect and all that, but your life doesn't need to stop and revolve around them - if you need to, you will leave them. Which is what they all did and got on with their own lives. Good experience, that.
Finally, kudos to Mugen for intelligent strategy in the shore fight (not just brute force or crazy speed, actually used his brain and planned stuff!) - first time in the entire series!
Dec 1, 2011 5:40 AM

Nov 2007
Like the ending!
There isn't that much impact on their main problem being solved but still, they made it good and i was able to enjoy it until the end.

I also liked the fact that they separate ways.. ;D more realistic. demo, kitto, they are bound to meet again. :)
Dec 3, 2011 12:57 AM

Aug 2007
Zell182 said:
Watanabe is truly a master of ending an anime. True it might not have been as good as Cowboy Bebop's ending but, in my opinion, there never will be an ending that good again. I enjoyed this anime, despite the occasional unfocused episode, and the characters were great which I expected. The art was a little sketchy at times and the hip-hop theme didn't blend as well as the jazz theme did in Cowboy Bebop but overall it was good. 8/10.

Pretty much cosign this entire post. My fav story arc is probably the blind, female assassin. 8/10 as well
Dec 30, 2011 8:25 AM
Dec 2010
hm.. that's it (?)
It feels like something's missing.
e.g. they could meet again,or they could meet "their" girls Yatsuha and Kohana.

Overall very good show hm...8-9/10

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 13, 2012 6:19 PM

May 2009
I first watched this show about three years ago, and absolutely loved it. Now that I've re-watched, I love it even more. Fuu, Mugen and Jin are by far the best trio of characters I've ever encountered. They complement each-other on every level, and I have a very hard time picking a favorite amongst them.

The last three episodes were outstanding, IMO. They tied all the loose ends and gave a proper essence to their journey. I just feel it'd have been better, artistically speaking, that Jin and Mugen had died protecting Fuu, or otherwise they could have kept traveling together.
Jan 14, 2012 2:59 PM

Jan 2012
I think it's totally right to subscribe to this site just to post another message about the awesomeness of this series :3
I personally loved it. I mean it's not actually the style of anime I raise to the point of "godlike" (translation : It's however not next to my favourites). BUT still it was really a hell nice one :3
Maybe I'mma watch Cowboy Bebop one day, should I? I will.
ZacksFairMay 16, 2013 2:51 PM
Feb 7, 2012 2:51 PM
Jan 2012
Now I can say it: Amazing. Will never forget this series.
Feb 7, 2012 3:09 PM

Jun 2011
gbanshee said:
Now I can say it: Amazing. Will never forget this series.
Sickly_Grin said:
I first watched this show about three years ago, and absolutely loved it. Now that I've re-watched, I love it even more. Fuu, Mugen and Jin are by far the best trio of characters I've ever encountered. They complement each-other on every level, and I have a very hard time picking a favorite amongst them.

The last three episodes were outstanding, IMO. They tied all the loose ends and gave a proper essence to their journey. I just feel it'd have been better, artistically speaking, that Jin and Mugen had died protecting Fuu, or otherwise they could have kept traveling together.
ZacksFair said:
I think it's totally right to subscribe to this site just to post another message about the awesomeness of this series :3
I personally loved it. I mean it's not actually the style of anime I raise to the point of "godlike" (traduction : It's however not next to my favourites). BUT still it was really a hell nice one :3
Maybe I'mma watch Cowboy Bebop one day, should I? I will.
yes
Feb 11, 2012 12:28 AM

Jul 2009
I would really loved to see them continue with the journey.. T_T
Anyways, such an amazing serie, 9/10 Overall + Adding Mugen to my favorite characters list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2012 1:51 PM

Nov 2008
I liked the ending, but it was so sad. I wish they would have stayed together. </3
Feb 17, 2012 4:25 PM
Jul 2011
I thought it was a good finale. I liked the credits as well. I'd love to see a movie or some kind of follow up someday.

Jin really shined in this episode. I guess I'm in the minority in thinking there was a hinted romance between him and Fuu. I would like to think so since the brothel girl bored me to death. Mugen's much more interesting with Yatsuha.

10/10 for me.
Feb 17, 2012 5:13 PM

Feb 2012
Higurashi said:
I liked the ending, but it was so sad. I wish they would have stayed together. </3

I almost think the ending wasn't sad enough...I think Mugen and Jin should've stayed dead (if that doesn't sound too morbid ^_~). It's where the story was leading -- especially with the flashback to Mugen learning that "technique" -- and it felt like a copout to leave them alive.
Feb 27, 2012 7:21 AM

Jul 2011
I finished! Great anime, in my opinion, it is more realistic, although some very funny scenes and episodes. I was a little sad to see them separated >:
Mar 2, 2012 11:22 PM

Aug 2011
I'm SO glad that Mugen nor Jin died, I totally thought that was coming up. Great ending, made me bump it up to a 9. I cried when they collapsed as they tried to fight each other because I thought they had really died then.
Mar 6, 2012 9:59 PM
May 2010
i also hope they will meet again. that's what made the ending so good
Mar 31, 2012 2:50 PM

Aug 2011
Great end to a great show. Didn't expect them to go their separate ways in the end but I guess it doesn't really matter.
Apr 12, 2012 5:00 AM

Jan 2012
I think it's a good end of their story.
Thanks a lot for all feelings.
Apr 18, 2012 12:03 PM

Dec 2011
Loved this anime, great soundtrack, visuals, and story. Kept me interested all the way through.
I did feel that little bit disappointed that they didn't stick together at the end, but the more i think about it, it made sense they moved on from each other.
10/10 for me.
Apr 25, 2012 5:27 PM

Oct 2009
Not the greatest of endings. It looked like it was going somewhere good, but it kind of fell flat. That said, I really enjoyed it getting there. The middle was a little slow at times, but overall it was a good watch. I'd give it an 8/10 but the baseball episode was more than enough to bring it up to a 9.
May 15, 2012 7:31 AM
Feb 2010
Cowboy Bebop spoilers:

May 17, 2012 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
The ending I thought was great. It was very moving. I was sad to see them go their separate ways but it needed to be done. Their journey was over and their objective was completed so there was no need for them to continue together. A fantastic series imo.
Jun 2, 2012 5:29 PM

Feb 2010
This was a great series. Character design was magnificent, the story was mature and based on historical facts, the fight scenes were superb and the hip-hop soundtrack was quite stylish. My only gripe was the sometimes completely irrelevant comedy. 9/10 series.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oldy said:
It was just so unreal for jin to escape death 2 times in a row vs the best samurai around while he got stabbed + mugen to be pretty beaten up and the getting a explosion in his face
Even though I was expecting both Mugen and Jin die for the sake of realism, this really wasn't a realistic anime and that was made clear from the very beginning, so it fits the anime quite well.

eyerok said:
I seriously dont get all these silly comments about the ending not being good. It was thematically perfect. Given the nature and theme of the show, the ending suited it perfectly. In fact there could have been no better ending. It was both realistic (in that everyone has to go their own way eventually) and unrealistic (they all survived, miraculously). It gives off that special feeling that something really good passed you by, and its never coming back.
As for the ending, I too think it was fantastic and fit the series quite well. I entirely agree with this post. 5/5 episode.

Turin747 said:
I guess I'm in the minority in thinking there was a hinted romance between him and Fuu
I also thought this way specially when Jin talked to her when they thought Mugen was asleep, when Fuu asked Jin to go yet cried when he actually did, and when Jin asked Mugen to go and save Fuu. I might be getting it all backwards though. ;)
Jun 2, 2012 8:38 PM

Nov 2011
Not the best ending of an anime but nonetheless, this is one of the funniest and well executed series I've watched in awhile despite my somewhat initial dislike of the historical theme.

The usage of the music and style just makes me want to watch more and more.

To conclude: this series tried to be cool, it succeeded.
Jun 5, 2012 2:21 PM

Mar 2012
Hate it when they drag out the ending like that for no reason/still not giving you the ending you were hoping for >_> I can only hope for a Season 2… Maybe...
Jun 6, 2012 4:42 PM
Oct 2010
I hoped till last second that they stopped walking and turn around .... ~~ And it end only on hopless thoughts.... ><

And about whole series i love the music thingies beats etc xd and some of graffitti styles, and character personalities ... i was sooo sure i would go for mugen 100% but in the end its 50/50 XD

And especially the thing which was used a lot in first episode , the speedin of the movie i mean to show previous or next things etc, u know what i mean? XD

Oh well that was nice show but im still pissed at endin. ;x AND! Wheeeeeeres the romance part ? ;< i really thourht that they will show a lil bit of it, i dont mean anything like BIG LOVE FOREVER , but still a slight bit of it wouldnt hurt anyone ;x [it would be nice love triangle ;o]
SajoPhoeJun 6, 2012 4:46 PM
Jun 17, 2012 12:05 AM

Mar 2012
Fucking brilliant. Time to go rewatch it.
Jul 9, 2012 12:07 AM

Mar 2011
I hate that they went separate ways.
Jul 9, 2012 8:47 PM

Jan 2012
it's a bit depressing that they went their separate ways but it's part of what i love about this anime. it's brutal and realistic, just amazing characterization that defies what an audience might want - mugen and jin are lone wolves and have love interests to go back to. they grew from this journey and they'll be friends for life but they have separate paths, which is very realistic.

also im never going to get over jin with his hair down.
Jul 14, 2012 5:03 PM

Jul 2011
I don't really care if the end is unrealistic. I just love the main characters so much that I hoped so much they could have a happy ending - and they did.
This anime was about style, creative writing and a lot of fun, so wrap it up with an ending which brought up so much emotions was great. There isn't so many anime around which can make you feel so strongly attached.

Overral, Samurai Champloo is 10/10 for me. And I still don't know who I like the most: Mugen, Fuu or Jin. xD

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Aug 26, 2012 3:40 AM
Jul 2012
Jin was so cool at the last scene and yeah its a good ep even though it was sad ending but A Promise is a Promise
Sep 1, 2012 5:08 PM

Jan 2008
Sigh. As soon as it was clear that all of them survived, it was very obvious they'd split up. Of course it was the "fitting" ending for this show. Still, in my view, it would actually have been anti-conventional to have them stay together! I mean, THAT would have surprised me! It also was throwing a weird light onto Jin's "conclusion" that these companions were actually what he had been searching for all along - only to leave them "rather" easily there (yeah yeah, not counting all those near deaths =P). I don't think it would have been too much out of character for them to keep travelling together.

Seriously, I think they just want to see the viewers bawl their eyes out with these kind of endings. T_T Anyway, my perfect ending would have been just the way it was BUT THEN show how they reach a crossroads, each of them coming from a different direction. Close-ups of smiling faces --- fin!
I'm a sucker for happy endings, I have to admit, but that wouldn't have been too cheesy, right. RIGHT?! :<

Oh well, I'll have to go with the "they always met back up after separating" thought to calm my nerves.

Champloo was a superb ride, that (for me) failed to do a few aspects perfectly, including Fuu's very limited "times to shine", the way the connecting plot was often neglected or shoved aside - which resulted in one or two non-satisfying aspects in the end - and few episodes that interrupted the flow slightly for my tastes. Of course it was intended to be episodic, so some of that is mostly forgiven.

It was very well done and brought me a lot of fun, though I don't find it entirely reaches Cowboy Bebop's quality, but that is just my opinion of course. If I can say one thing for sure though, it's that Champloo was highly original.

Oct 3, 2012 1:01 PM

Jul 2011
It was alright. I guess going their own way was for the best. But as that happened, now I will want to know what became of them after their last encounter.

Also I thought it was funny how Fuu fooled them into actually going to that journey by lying to them of the coin. She is really a funny and great character. And I guess so is Mugen and Jin. But I so wished they would have continued on the same path.

8/10
Oct 11, 2012 10:47 PM
Mar 2011
Forever godlike Samurai Champloo. After finishing rewatching the show I can now recall why I fell in love with it.
Oct 14, 2012 2:54 AM
Jul 2010
The 2nd time I watched Samurai Champloo, I noticed that through out the script was always sure to point out that Mugen was almost always the one to rescue Fuu. It also show or rather implies that Jin may have cared for Fuu but ultimately did not see her in that special way, as Jin would actually succeed in getting laid, while all through out the story Mugen never does.
Guess what I'm trying to say is that while I like they story as a whole I kind of hate the ending for ending by splitting paths just like that. I at least wanted Fuu and Mugen to express their feelings, even if Fuu didn;t like Mugen in the end i woulda been happy about that.
I think Epilogues or in a sense closure are what make good anime stand apart from masterpieces, and while Samurai Champloo does in a sense have closure for the plot line the characters do not. so I say they dropped the ball on the last bits of the ending though it was better than most I have seen.
Nov 7, 2012 3:05 PM

May 2012
Great final episode, it's good that Jin and Mugan didn't die and that they finished their journey even though her father has been killed she had the time to say what was on her mind and to actually meet him once more! It's a good thing everything worked out again on their path, though in the end they've split up I'm sure they'll meet up once again!

This anime was in general quite nice sometimes a bit unsure of what the episode had to do with the actual serie "like the gratify, baseball and zombie episode" but apart of that it was quite a nice run!

A full 9/10 for this one!
Nov 30, 2012 4:38 PM
Jul 2012
Good ending.
Actully glad that they all alive and not dead. Sad that Fuu's father is dead but, it was good that they finally meet.
9/10 Great anime to be watched, with such great characters and comedy.
Dec 6, 2012 6:40 PM

Sep 2011
Pineappledishes said:
I didn't really like the ending. Maybe it was because I wanted them to kill eachother. It just seemed empty to me.
If they killed eachother then that would just waste 26 episodes worth of character development. It'd be like if cowboy bebop didnt end the way it did, the whole show was kind of building up to it.
JizzyHitlerDec 6, 2012 6:44 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 29, 2012 9:30 PM

Aug 2012
Ahh, what a cool show. Super-duper style!
Feb 1, 2013 11:03 AM
Jul 2011
Great ending to a great series.

I don't know why people are against them splitting up at the end, if the half a dozen times they have done during the series are anything to go by, they'll soon be crossing paths again. It was a very fitting ending.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Akral - Sep 17, 2007

67 by Buzz-1 »»
Apr 18, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

186 by plus_SlamDunk »»
Mar 28, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

142 by CyrahOmega »»
Mar 18, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RyanBebop - Feb 22, 2010

55 by GingZ »»
Mar 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

166 by GingZ »»
Mar 14, 2:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.