Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 10, 2012 6:25 AM

Oct 2010
13 eps.. and they changed the title.. why meng.

he can't kill al campions/gods in 3 eps.
HyackSep 10, 2012 6:31 AM
Sep 11, 2012 1:22 AM

Aug 2012
Cratex said:
Jerrychiang said:
It would be illogical if it were otherwise.

If history were written by the losers, we'd be ruled by culturally and technologically primitive Cavemen. In such a fantasy, there would be no printers to control.
Oh, yes, I agree. But I guess what I was trying to say in an off-handed way was that the winner's version of history is usually not what happened.

And I guess what I am trying to say is that - even assuming that's true - the loser's version of history is even less reliable.

For example, contrary to what Parthians (and present day Iranians) thought at the time, they did indeed lose the war to the Romans as did many of Alexander's enemies-turned-allies. The fact that their conquerors allowed them face-saving political graces does not change that.

In fact, it is often argued that today's "popular history" usually sides with the losers even though the facts speak for the winners. That is the reason why popular history is corrupt and is almost entirely filled with cheap platitudes and empty cliches rather than serious documentation.

But once you get into the down and dirty "contemporary, primary source material", you find that there's a reason why the losers lost in the first place. They might have been technologically inferior to a technologically superior culture. They might have had a corrupt political system, one that is far more debilitating when compared to its enemy's. It might have an inefficient economic system which does not encourage production nor innovation, and fails to pace itself against a superior economic power. It may be a combination of all of the above and more.

Why did my dad make oodles more money than any number of homeless people on welfare? Why did he win and why did they lose?

History written by the Loser: He got rich by stealing from the poor. He got lucky. He doesn't deserve his money. He should give it "back" to the poor. Society is to blame. It's not my fault, it's his fault. I don't need to prove any of this because everyone knows it's true.

History written by the Winner: He has a Master's in Electrical engineering and a 30-year resume of experience in multiple fields to include "Systems engineering" and his own stints as Project Manager. He's built a reputation and knowledge base over those years to the point where he can dictate his own hours in consultation if he wanted to. Employers go to him even in this economy, not the other way around. He saved his money and invested smartly for the long term. His family is immensely proud of him and he's taught his children well, never in want nor lacking in discipline. All of which can be attested to by his colleagues and loved ones and a mountain of documentation from business receipts and credit referrals to engineering simulation software and prototypes.

I think I know which "history" I believe more.

In real life, you'll see any number and versions of these competing themes. One history is BS, the other stands on its own two feet. And even if people refused to acknowledge the truth, does it really change anything? Any company that would hire a homeless man over people like my dad would be out of business in no time flat. The "real deal" might even build a competing business just to blow the bums out of the water. Could you prevent the winners from winning for the sake of the losers? A society that does that consistently is inevitably going to lose...DUH.

That's why the facts almost never speak for losers. They're losers for a reason. And if a society, a culture, a people, don't want to be losers, it's best not to listen or adopt the "history" and attitude of a Loser.

Again...DUH. ^_-
JerrychiangSep 11, 2012 1:34 AM
Sep 11, 2012 5:09 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Jerrychiang said:
And I guess what I am trying to say is that - even assuming that's true - the loser's version of history is even less reliable.
Ouch! I deserved that! ;)

No need to convince me of your point - I think we both have the same view on the topic. You're just a better communicator than I am.
Sep 11, 2012 10:43 PM

Aug 2012
Cratex said:
Jerrychiang said:
Ouch! I deserved that! ;)

No need to convince me of your point - I think we both have the same view on the topic. You're just a better communicator than I am.

Oh, that isn't directed at you; I could tell you were the choir, not the heretic.

Sorry if I miscommunicated my intentions ^_-.

My bad.

But there are inevitably people who think in the opposite terms. Everyone fails, but the ones who succeed get back on the horse and ride it out. However, the people on the opposite side of the spectrum give up and start rationalizing reasons why they're not to blame for their own failures; they pretend that they're Winners who are being held down by "other(s)" looking for scapegoats. But the truth is they're just Losers who've taken the easy way out.

It's the way of the world.

You're a Winner or a Loser of your own making. Only a Loser would believe otherwise.
Sep 12, 2012 7:34 AM
Sep 2011
The only good thing that keep me watching this show is kiss scene.
Beside that, I can't think of any lol.
Sep 16, 2012 10:27 AM
Feb 2012
Best kiss so far, hands down.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 16, 2012 2:54 PM

Sep 2011
Best kiss, Perseus gets ate whole by Athena
Sep 16, 2012 7:24 PM

May 2011
Liliana just keeps on getting better, god she's just so cute and I like her tsun side too. That kiss scene was just wonderful and I loved it. And hnnnngggg at the part where she was being jealous while watching Athena steal her kiss, that was just so adorable.

Need more jealous Erica.
Sep 19, 2012 2:19 AM

Apr 2009
My, such an awesome series of passionate kisses. Not one, not two. But five(!) kisses! And with this, Liliana officially joins Godou's harem. Lili's expressions are so cute...! Ah, why couldn't she have been the first main female character? Now I feel like rooting for her all the way even if we all know Erica is already his choice by default...

Even Athena gets in on the action and steals two(!) kisses for herself. She did have her pretexts, though.
Sep 26, 2012 1:02 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, but the last girl (of this season?) wil appear in the next episode! I can't wait to see a new face and some more action.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 5, 2012 9:42 PM

Sep 2011
That kiss... was... pretty hot, not gunna lie.

Liliana x Godou plox. Its the only way to save this series for me!
Dec 21, 2012 3:17 PM

May 2012
That sure was one intense kissing scene, more intense than with Erica, still awesome fight especially that ending was nice! Lets see what's next only 3 episodes left :(
Dec 21, 2012 9:58 PM

Sep 2012
Man Liliana and Godou sure enjoyed that kiss. They kept going at it. Great episode, Can't wait to watcht the next episode.
Jan 1, 2013 9:29 PM

Oct 2011
Liliana is really nice, she comes close to Erica but still has to remain as #2.
Jun 29, 2013 7:08 PM

Oct 2012
I wasn't expecting this anime to be worth watching in the end, but a few episodes limited to Athena and Liliana actually made a few episodes worth watching.
With this arc over, I fear the anime will return to it's usual self now though, hopefully the next harem element will be remotely interesting; though my pessimism isn't allowing me to expect much.
Jul 15, 2013 6:00 AM

Sep 2011
Shit... that kiss... that boner...

Liliana or Erica!? Goddammit I can't choose one!

Sep 1, 2013 10:50 AM

Jun 2011
Dat hawt kiss(es). LilianaxGodou OTP(?) :3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 13, 2013 5:32 PM

May 2011
Seems like Liliana just didn't want to stop ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2013 4:42 AM

Jan 2008
Really nice episode good moments in it to Kissing scene was funny as hell.
Feb 24, 2014 10:10 AM

Aug 2009
Why?
Fucking originality...
I fear what they will do with Ena....
dietmango said:
HauntingShock said:
Cratex said:
HauntingShock said:
Are those history lessons even legit? or are they fictional and only made-up for this story?
You could always dig up a few books on ancient mythology and work it out. I'll say that there is at least a fair amount that is 'legit'.

Nah~ Too lazy :D

I know there's a fair amount of legit facts...but I really want to know if ALL of it are true :D

I'm gonna say no. They got the names and origins of the gods right, but they made up the backstories in this show. Cause I'm pretty sure Athena and Medusa are separate characters in (legit) Greek mythology. Perseus cut off Medusa's head and presented it to Athena, she then put her head on her shield.

And the name Perseus doesn't mean "from the east" or "from Persia." From what I found it means "to ravage, sack, destroy, etc.

In the series' mythology, Athena and Medusa are different characters as well.Their origin is the same.What Heretic Athena wants is the return to that origin.

Persia was symbolizing the east back then.

What the series is trying to say is that all myths had an origin and people that created each land's myths were using already known myths etc.

For example,in the series, the serpents/dragons that heroes/gods like Perseus killed and the maidens he saved were the same being.What he was doing was taking them as a trophy.That was later romanticized in hem saving damsels in distress.

What is good about the series(the novel) is that when the explanation of myths kicks in, it makes you think "It makes sense" even if they have not legit IRL.
ssjokgFeb 24, 2014 10:19 AM
May 16, 2014 4:51 PM

Oct 2013
took 3 episodes to finally get a kiss XD haha athena was funny
[/quote]
Jan 15, 2015 8:51 AM
Aug 2014
I was so pissed off at Lilliana, she didn't want to give her first kiss to a man she already liked before fighting a god.
I was thinking the whole time before the match "Bitch he will die. All you have to do is kiss him to prevent that."
Feb 18, 2015 11:42 PM

Dec 2012
Getting hot and heavy with Liliana this time. I really wish I knew more about these various myths and gods, I just feel completely out of the loop on these fights. Lol @ Athena stealing Liliana's moment to kiss Godou again (and twice to boot).
Apr 10, 2015 7:14 PM
Feb 2015
Oh man all that kissing with liliana hehe
The action was decent, but using Liliana to fight godou wasnt right......
Well he got what he deserved in the end.

Is there still one more girl to be introduced? Well just 3 episodes left :(
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jan 5, 2016 9:25 AM
Mar 2014
Thats how you do a harem anime, make the MC kiss with all the girls passionately. Dont know bout the story but this show nailed the harem part. MC isn't a wimp and digs all the chicks <3
Jan 24, 2016 1:44 PM

Apr 2013
I really really dislike that Athena is still alive, he should've killed her. She's annoying.
Jul 7, 2016 9:56 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly good episode, nice kiss scenes. Though it's turning into a harem.
Nov 9, 2016 8:53 PM

Sep 2015
That was a badass sword.
Oh darn multiple Kissu from Liliana(best girl in my opinion).
Aww at the end Athena took the two kisses that Liliana could've had with Kasunagi.
Rip Persecus, I was actually expecting the blonde guy to kill you not Athena :0
Nov 2, 2017 2:35 PM

Jul 2009
The fight was OK, and Liliana finally gets her kissing scene ... multiple times ;P She was definitely getting into it lol. My only complaint is that you basically have the same thing happening every arc, and it looks like we've got our fourth girl being added to the mix here and I don't really see anything different happening this time around. Oh well, at least Athena smacking up Perseus was pretty good :P
Feb 28, 2019 4:20 PM

Jan 2016
Lilliana is so adorable! Best kiss so far in the series

Campione has a really, and I mean REALLY good female characters for the harem.
Aug 11, 2019 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
i am starting to like athena 😁
May 25, 2020 4:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Omg so much kisses with Liliana xD it was hot
Jul 31, 2023 1:04 PM
May 2021
Bruh Persea hero's death was kinda brutal at end lol, got eaten by medusa. And here godou got 3 offcial wives 🤣
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2012

171 by Toolbot »»
Apr 21, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2012

205 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

82 by Vindicater »»
Apr 15, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2012

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2012

91 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.