Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 27, 2012 11:49 AM

Oct 2011
Over all I am pretty disappointed with it. It felt way more rushed that the series felt imo and the fights were over all pretty lame. But I did enjoy seeing Izanagi-no-Okami animated so that’s a plus I guess.
Aug 27, 2012 1:16 PM
Dec 2007
Blackbird said:
At least the ending was much better than in the game haha :D
Huh? Because having a lame monotone woman snap you out of your fears is better than having your whole cheerleading squad of friends help you back up right. Aside from that is the same shit with crappier song selection, I rather hear The genesis over the Reincarnation version of I'll Face Myself.

Aug 28, 2012 9:06 AM

Dec 2008
It was nice, but too rushed. Margaret's fight, which I was looking forward to the most was a pain in the ass to watch. She shouldve summoned Oberon and megidolaon'd Yu's ass. At least that would be fun. Instead, we get Persona spamming from both sides. The fight with Izanami was quite petty too. Oh well, this is what you get for making it 30 minutes. Should've made the summary/movie 30mins, and this one 1h30mins. Since we know the summary is going to be crap.

Also, Margaret's slap was fantastic. Redeemed the episode.
sarroushAug 28, 2012 9:26 AM
Aug 28, 2012 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
While not exactly like the true ending in the game, this one was pretty darn good.

4/5, 8/10.
Aug 28, 2012 11:43 AM

Jan 2010
The only good part of the eoisode was Margaret using Helel and Yoshitsune, but I am very disappointed with the whole adaptation. 5/10
Aug 28, 2012 12:37 PM

Jun 2011
I can't believe I enjoyed Yu vs Margaret MORE THAN Yu & Izanagi no Okami vs Izanami no Okami...
Aug 28, 2012 2:55 PM

Apr 2010
I actually thought the series overall was done fairly well. The way the story is presented in the game is pretty difficult to adapt in an anime form. Surely, it could have been better but its really not that bad.

The pacing in the episode was... questionable but I felt it did a fairly decent job of adapting the true end. I wish the animators would stop being lazy as fuck and draw at a somewhat acceptable level but oh well. Atleast its not ro kyu bu bad.

9/10. Does what it needs to do, could have been better.
Aug 28, 2012 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
its was ok

liked the Shadow Yu part
Aug 28, 2012 3:33 PM

Apr 2009
Unripe_Hero said:
The only good part of the eoisode was Margaret using Helel and Yoshitsune, but I am very disappointed with the whole adaptation. 5/10

This is actually a bit funny, because you gave a 5 to a fairly decent adaptation, which pretty much followed the original material (not exactly, but still bearably well)... and in the same time you have shit-tier adaptations rated with nines and tens (F/sn, ef, Higurashi and a few more).

Aug 28, 2012 4:29 PM

Dec 2010
To be honest, if i hadn't played the game beforehand, i wouldn't have had a clue as to what was going on in this episode, but i guess that whats happens when you try to squeeze it into 30 minutes..
Aug 28, 2012 5:33 PM

Jun 2012
Since I've played both P3 and P4, I understood everything fairly well. Though I do wonder if this made any sense to people unfamiliar with the franchise.

I still prefer the game way more than the anime adaption but I'm still pretty satisfied with the true ending. They tried to grasp the feel of the game, and they did a fantastic job with the social links, flashy battles, fanservice and comedy. Though, I believe Persona's game formula is unadaptable. It's hard to condense everything (including 100+ hours of gameplay) into a linear plotline within just 25 episodes.

My dream would be a P3 anime. Though, if I heard the rumors right, a movie adaption should be on its way.
Aug 28, 2012 6:11 PM
Dec 2009
dunno, I liked it

I re-watched the games true ending and actually found the anime's adaptation to be more engaging.... then again I have never beat the game (due to how late i came on board to p4) and plan to just beat it with the golden later this year.

From the perspective of someone that only watched the endings on youtube once i actually found it to be relatively entertaining.... music and all
Aug 28, 2012 7:14 PM

Sep 2010
What a hateful bunch. You all look past what this was setting out.
I've always liked the depth the anime added to Brotag.
Aug 28, 2012 7:33 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, this OVA felt like watching Groundhog Day with the infinite Tuesdays

I'm glad to hear the OP song 2 once again though.

I'll strip search you if I have to!

I liked this special episode though tbh. Might do a review later on it.
Aug 28, 2012 9:07 PM

Jan 2011
Man some of you hate this with a passion lol, yeah it wasn't the greatest but it was still alright,though i pray to god they don't fuck up PS3 movie but i'm sure it will happen.

sidenote anyone watch the directors cut of ep25 worth sitting 20mins through?
Aug 28, 2012 10:12 PM
Oct 2011
i'm stil a bit confused even though i played the game -_-

PirateKingz said:

My dream would be a P3 anime. Though, if I heard the rumors right, a movie adaption should be on its way.

rumors? it confirmed, have an official website and a trailer already
Aug 28, 2012 10:55 PM

Sep 2010
... anime was way better than this episode. Well that's a limit of just one episode
Aug 28, 2012 11:53 PM

Mar 2009
seeing Yoshitsune using Hassou Tobi is more than enough for me
Aug 28, 2012 11:56 PM

Jul 2011
It was understandable that they had to condense a lot into 30 mins. I'll still give it a 7 out of 10.

Aug 29, 2012 4:57 AM

Mar 2008
While I think the way they did this episode was interesting to me, I can only say that as one who has played the game.
I can imagine people only watching the anime being seriously confused (gotta confirm that later by asking friends).

I love "I'll face myself - battle - reincarnation" so much I totally forgot about "The Genesis"....
Now that I've been reminded of it, I DID expect it to be used in the true end... Too bad they didn't :/

Favorite part was definitely Narukami's shadow and fears. I didn't like him back in the game but the anime gave him a character I grew to love.
Aug 29, 2012 7:20 AM

Jul 2009
I was mildly confused by this, and I'm saying that as someone who has played the game.

Miya_F_Exia said:
In the end, Persona 4 the Animation was a huge mess with one very good arc (Nanako's, obviously) and with BOTH endings being pretty bad. I can't even think about what they'll do with Persona 3. At least they won't touch Persona 2 (I HOPE).

To be honest, I sincerely hope they don't try anything like this with P2, but I actually think that it would work far better as an anime than P4 did if they did. At the very least, it would be far less episodic, and the lack of SLinks and other fluff would mean there'd be less of a chance of them cutting out something important for the sake of throwing in something else.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Aug 29, 2012 9:27 AM

Jul 2009
As someone who played the game numerous times, I gotta say I enjoyed the episode. Sure, it was rushed, but it's not like I expected much from the amount of dialogue there was in the game. In fact I like the way they handled it, and how the battle with Margaret wasn't just something like 'hey come fight me maybe'. The battle with Izanami wasn't quite as epic as in the game (if at all, considering it was almost not there), but it wasn't supposed to be. They wanted to focus on Narukami and it ended up well, in my opinion. And hey, the ending scene wasn't like it was in the 25th ep which almost made me cry because of how bad it was.

I wouldn't hold my breath for P2 anime adaptation because of obvious reasons. I don't think people would be happy to see Hitler on the big screen.
Aug 29, 2012 5:24 PM

Feb 2012
Just watched it today, I found it really good, really good finish, now just to see The Factor of Truth :)

Really good ending to the anime, so much disappointment in this thread, I was expecting to be disappointed big time..
Aug 29, 2012 7:21 PM

Jan 2010
Super disappointing. I understand they had to fill 30 mins but i bet they could have put something better in there instead of shoehorning in the Margaret fight. I honestly feel bad for the people who watched the show first instead of playing the game. The whole last boss fight felt so much more (and i usually hate using this word) epic in the game. This just kind of felt underwhelming. If i hadn't played the game first I probably would have been confused as fuck.
Aug 29, 2012 8:31 PM

Feb 2011
Miya_F_Exia said:
Seriously, this episode was horrible. I'm still laughing over how bad it was. The direction was extremely poor, the choice of tracks was unbelievably stupid and to top it off it was badly animated as well. It took them months to do something as ridiculous as this.

Even the scene where they were being swallowed up was bad, because it felt disconnected from the rest AND I still don't understand WHY THE HELL they used car chase as the background music. It makes no sense. What were they smoking...

In the end, Persona 4 the Animation was a huge mess with one very good arc (Nanako's, obviously) and with BOTH endings being pretty bad. I can't even think about what they'll do with Persona 3. At least they won't touch Persona 2 (I HOPE).

Pretty much all of this.

It was so bad.
Aug 29, 2012 8:55 PM

Sep 2007
I guess the ep was ok in itself as a standalone.... and seeing all the cooler Personas come out during Yu vs Magaret was awesome...

..........but only if you've never seen the True Ending from the game.

If I compared this to the True Ending in the game... this was all over the place and made real no sense....And when I first started watching I was all "What the.... did I miss the first half of it or something?!"

Though I guess I should mention/ give kudos to the thing I liked the most about this 'True Ending' ep that the game never really touched on/showed was that it showed Yu's Shadow =P
*recalls a really short & amusing conversation Yu, Yosuke, & Chie had in-game about what Yu's Shadow would've been like and wondered the same thing for a long time*
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 30, 2012 2:23 AM

Sep 2011
What Is This Feeling That It Seems Every Scenes Are Out Of Place?

8/10

Aug 30, 2012 4:35 AM

Jan 2012
This ending was great. I'm glad I watched it. It wraped up the show nicely.

Aug 30, 2012 11:30 AM

Jun 2011
Well i like the episode overall, especially the part where they showed the funny scene of shadow Kanji. Margaret was good for me too. So take that haters
Aug 30, 2012 11:56 AM

Jan 2011
Miya_F_Exia said:
Seriously, this episode was horrible. I'm still laughing over how bad it was. The direction was extremely poor, the choice of tracks was unbelievably stupid and to top it off it was badly animated as well. It took them months to do something as ridiculous as this.

Even the scene where they were being swallowed up was bad, because it felt disconnected from the rest AND I still don't understand WHY THE HELL they used car chase as the background music. It makes no sense. What were they smoking...

I couldn't agree more with you.
These are my words too, very disappointed.
I guess a 6/10 will do since I still love Persona.
Aug 31, 2012 1:29 AM

Apr 2008
Endless Eight The Animation...hahah it reminded me of Steins;Gate visual novel's Suzuha ending in terms of repeating events + protagonist getting evil/demented thoughts. Didn't like Narukami's personality switch from deadpan snarker/SWAG to "WAAAH I DONT WANNA BE ALONE", though Margaret's slap was timed right + the fight was good, but the Ameno Sagiri fight was so damn rushed lol over in two minutes. Ending was somewhat similar to the anime's (watched the director's cut of ep 25, didn't notice anything new), cause DAAAW NANAKO DONT CRY D: seriously Nanako is so damn adorable and her Junes song is just HNNNGH.

But still, this was a pretty shitty adaptation: ugly animation and tons of derp faces, music is only good because it's reused from the game, characters were likeable but rushed development. I really am fearful of the Persona 3 movie, because P3 is a million times better than P4

5/10 = Endless Eight The Animation (I mean...true ending)
4/10 = Anime adaptation

Seeing that "Persona 4 Scriptwriter Criticizes Scenario of Guilty Crown" makes me LOL: while GC had superior animation, P4 at least had likeable characters + semi-coherent plot.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Aug 31, 2012 4:32 PM

Jan 2012
I guess I only really liked the music
Aug 31, 2012 6:39 PM

Dec 2011
Didn't expect that gasoline guy is Izanami.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2012 10:20 AM

Jun 2010
really enjoyed this ep
yu vs margaret was the BEST~,.,i'm glad to see yoshitsune being used
i didnt expect to see shadow yu there ^^'
Sep 1, 2012 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
I was disappointed with Episode 26. I understand what they were trying to do thematically with Yuu, but pacing felt awkward as hell (much like other episodes in the series). Maybe they were pressed for time with the (why was it created other than milking the series?) P4 movie that included (the slightly) True End, but why wasn't the animation in this episode better?! Jeez! Makes me feel bad for people that ordered the BD/DVD or those who got into the series from the anime instead of the game.

I'm really hoping the Persona 3 movie series will have the pacing and animation problems ironed out since the P4 Anime series could have done a MUCH better job at certain parts. (Although I won't complain if Atlus would release P5 already!)

I gotta agree with the other forum members that say "play the game"--if you're a Persona fan, you owe it to yourself.
Sep 1, 2012 11:05 PM
Mar 2011
Coming from someone who enjoyed the anime itself I thought this episode was good and thats it. Id question if people who haven't played the game would understand wtf was going on though. Nothing will touch how I felt watching the true ending while playing the game but what they went for in this episode was interesting. It definitely needed more time and the animation was sub par but in all I thought it wrapped up the anime better than ep 25.
Sep 2, 2012 11:43 AM
Jan 2012
The episode wasn't that bad, but... rushed. It should be a 1 hour special. And I am not a supporter of this happy ending at all. It pisses me of that Yu is the only MC who have a joyful ending.

Miya_F_Exia said:
At least they won't touch Persona 2 (I HOPE).

Let's hope, but with the recent theories of a certain villain of P2 being the villain of P4Arena, I wouldn't be so sure that they will not screw with Persona 2 in the future.
Sep 2, 2012 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
I didn't think it was possible for them to make something just as bad as Trinity Soul. They succeeded, unfortunately. I think I'll just pretend it doesn't even exist. Although, it DID seem better animated than the series itself was, I'll give it that.
Sep 3, 2012 10:54 PM

May 2012
As someone who havnt played the game yet. i was literally scratching my head after watching this episode. why were they being pulled by some shadowy hands, when did margaret appears and why are they fighting?. i had to read a summary on wiki just to understand what happened. except up to the part when they intruduce izanami, the pacing was terrible , everything else felt like random animation scenes pasted together to form an episode.
Sep 3, 2012 11:03 PM

Sep 2007
Uhm I think it's kinda okay for me, though I haven't played the game yet so this Ep. 26 kinda surprised me a bit.

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Sep 6, 2012 11:15 PM

Jan 2010
I expected this to be bad, but judging from the comments it seems like it was even worse.
I don't expect them to do any better with P3, actually... Unless the staff and studio behind that are completely different. I also wouldn't worry about P2 since I don't see the possibility of it being adapted.

Blackiris said:
This is actually a bit funny, because you gave a 5 to a fairly decent adaptation, which pretty much followed the original material (not exactly, but still bearably well)... and in the same time you have shit-tier adaptations rated with nines and tens (F/sn, ef, Higurashi and a few more).

Being faithful does not equal being good, though. While you can say the adaptation stayed pretty close to it's source material, it didn't work very well as an anime nor did it do any justice to the game.

Certain things HAVE to be adapted when going from one medium to another, you can't just copy-paste the original and pray that it works. I can't speak much about the other 2 -I didn't like the Fate adaptation and didn't watch ef- but, while Higurashi may have been a lousy adaptation if analyzed through the lenses of a VN reader (I wouldn't know since I haven't read it yet, although I do plan to do that sometime in the near future), it still worked pretty well as an anime, and in the end that's what matters the most IMO. Now, Umineko, THAT didn't work neither as an anime nor as an adaptation.
Sep 8, 2012 4:10 AM

Sep 2007
Lynx_7 said:
Now, Umineko, THAT didn't work neither as an anime nor as an adaptation.

Umineko did work as an anime. The people who read the VN hate it, but everyone else - like me - had a generally positive impression of it. And ef was a wonderful anime, so that guy has no point at all.

*cough* right.

I was surprised to see Margaret summon Lucifer. I didn't realise until now that Helel = Lucifer - I didn't level enough to see Helel in either P3 or P4, and the first time I saw him was as Lucifer in DS2. I wonder what the symbolic implication of her summoning him of all demons is...? And it was pretty awesome seeing the persona/demons one after another, with the names running through my mind.

Izanami appearing was also neat.

Other than that the episode sucked, the 'everyone dies' was offensively bad, I'd forgotten just how annoying they made the characters and how bad the voice acting was (I played the undub, and the voice track in the game was a million times better even with the same voice actors), so 5/10.

Hopefully they won't leave Seiji Kishi and Yuuko Kakihara (look at their series! Their lists are full of bad adaptations and awful anime!) in charge of the compilation movie, or god forbid of Persona 3.
KiralySep 8, 2012 5:55 AM
Sep 9, 2012 7:22 AM

Apr 2010
sushi55 said:
I disagree with you guys; this was the single BEST episode of the anime. Yu recieved so much character development that he kept his place as one of best leads of the year. I don't think it was worth 6 months of waiting, but this anime came at a really bad time (Fate/Zero, Mawaru Penguindrum, Another, Stein's Gate etc) when animation and the overall quality of the shows this year rose to unprecedented levels.You know what? ALL VIDEO GAME TO ANIME ADAPTATIONS (save for some visual novel adaptations) are badly paced. Guess what? Persona 4 is the best video game (not including visual novels) to anime adaptation I've ever seen, and was meant only to promote the game (which it did a GREAT job at). So stop being critical, knowing ATLUS, they'll probably do something later (there's still the dub).
Despite all it's problems, I loved this episode. 10/10.

I have to quote you (except for the vote, for me it's a 9/10). It's really not easy to adapt a long RPG game, skipping the explorations and random battles. What No One is Alone gives us is character's development for Yu. We can see his shadow for the first time, his fears of being alone now that he must leave his friends.
The true ending in the game wasn't great (I mean after the fight with Izanami), but here it's done well.

Music side: I miss 'The Genesis' because it's one of the greatest tracks in Persona 4, but I've enjoyed the battle remix of the Velvet Room theme, it reminds me the final boss theme of Persona 3 [battle for everyone's souls], a bit more electronic and less rock. I have the feel 30 minutes are too few for what they tried to do in this episode. The whole 'time lock' and the confrontation with Yu's shadow took off too much time to the fights.
Still, all the summons of Personas were great: Yoshitsune, Helel, Arahabaki, again Lucifer and Izanagi no Okami. So epic that being a fan of the game makes me love it.

Not all the games adaptations are bad, it's just hard to do it for rpg games [a lot of anime from Visual Novels are great], where it's easy to deside to see every boss adapted. Compare it to Xenosaga: The Animation, 12 episodes for a game that is really long and full of scenes? And they changed parts of the story.

It's my opinion, feel free to disagree. I know 'as an anime' it's not one of the best I've seen. But damn, it's the adaptation from one of my favorite games, I've seen what I wanted to see. I'm satisfied.
But I'm a bit biased against Persona 3 Movie, they cannot adapt 40 hours into 1 or 2 hours.

Kiraly said:
Lynx_7 said:

Umineko did work as an anime. The people who read the VN hate it, but everyone else - like me - had a generally positive impression of it. And ef was a wonderful anime, so that guy has no point at all.

*cough* right.

I was surprised to see Margaret summon Lucifer. I didn't realise until now that Helel = Lucifer - I didn't level enough to see Helel in either P3 or P4, and the first time I saw him was as Lucifer in DS2. I wonder what the symbolic implication of her summoning him of all demons is...? And it was pretty awesome seeing the persona/demons one after another, with the names running through my mind.

Izanami appearing was also neat.

Other than that the episode sucked, the 'everyone dies' was offensively bad, I'd forgotten just how annoying they made the characters and how bad the voice acting was (I played the undub, and the voice track in the game was a million times better even with the same voice actors), so 5/10.

Hopefully they won't leave Seiji Kishi and Yuuko Kakihara (look at their series! Their lists are full of bad adaptations and awful anime!) in charge of the compilation movie, or god forbid of Persona 3.

I liked Umineko anime before playing the games. And now I think the anime is poor, it doesn't give the message from the author and viewers miss important plot-points. Musics where great but too short (from 7 minutes to 3 minutes), scenes where fast, introspection was absent.
If you play Umineko games, having enjoyed the anime, you will love them. But start from Ep.1, it's really hard to understand the whole story starting from Ep.5. Don't let the graph bother you, it has a soul!
Sep 10, 2012 12:31 PM

Jan 2010
Kiraly said:
Lynx_7 said:

I didn't play/read the Sound Novel and I was still very underwhelmed by the anime. In fact, I couldn't bring myself to finish it because it lacked all the atmosphere that made Higurashi good and I couldn't really care about what happened knowing that Battler could just deny and do it all over again. It's true they also did the loop thing in Higurashi, but at least there I cared about the characters and the mystery behind it was pretty intriguing and left me wanting to know more, something I honestly didn't feel with Umineko.
The overall consensus I see about Umineko's anime is pretty mixed. I do know some people who really liked it, but I also know people who feel the same way as I do. The DVD/BD(?) sales were also very bad, or so I heard.
I thought it was bad as an anime, and I hope the Novels can change my opinion about the story.
I do hear many good things about Ef, though. It's on my Plan to Watch for quite some time... I'll watch it when I feel like watching some drama.

Oh, I'm sorry, I won't derail the thread any longer, this is not a place to talk about this lol

So... Helel, what an awesome dude, am I right guys?
Uh, I'll edit this later after I watch the episode.

Edit: Well, that was messy. Still, an enjoyable mess for me. I was expecting something worse based on the reactions here. It was very rushed, but not much worse than the rest of the series was. It's what I expected it to be.
Nice bit of fanservice with the Personas in the battle between Margareth and Yuu. Izanami was VERY poorly done though. The "battle" (if you can call it that) was mediocre and the choices of music were just wrong. They played Mist in the preview but not in the actual episode? Guess they were just cock-teasing us. Now I'm eagerly awaiting for
battle without "The Battle for Everyone's Soul" in P3's movie! I'm betting they will play reincarnation's version of Unavoidable Battle or some crazy new track like "Train Scene" just for the lulz.

It could have been a lot better, but I still enjoyed it for the fanservice factor, and that's all this whole anime was worth for anyway. People who didn't play the game will just be utterly confused.
YunoleffSep 12, 2012 12:50 PM
Sep 11, 2012 10:31 AM
Apr 2012
My unadulterated opinion: This has to be the absolute worst episode in the entire series. It's terrible and complete shit, and it's a disgrace to the game itself. I have no idea why people liked this.

Explanation: I watched P4: The Animation from start to finish, it had it's ups and downs. The pacing was always terrible, and the animation was some of the worst I've ever seen in an anime period. Seriously, some of the episodes look like they slapped on photoshopped pictures or something.

That said, there was still some diamonds in this show, the Ai episode was funny as hell, and anything involving Nanako was pure gold (that makes 4-6 episodes automatically good in my eyes), and I'm not saying that as a Nanako fanboy, they were genuinely good, well-paced and emotional episodes. I also liked the last two episodes even though the ending was complete shit.

What I'm baffled about is why in the world they made this some "Special" episode if they didn't put in the effort to make it special. This easily could've came the week after the normal ending and it would fit perfectly with the terrible pacing and animation that plagued the anime. Yeah, they gave Yu some character development (development I believe was completely unnecessary), at the expense of the story itself being completely gutted and wrecked. If I didn't play the game, I would've been completely lost. The episode easily needed to be movie length to fit what it wanted to do.

Overall, if I had to compare the anime to something, it'd be a well-shaped rock. For a rock, it's impressive looking and compared to the other rocks, it stands out. But it's no diamond. It still fails on many levels and in order to enjoy it you have to lower your standards. But this episode was shit, even on those standards.

Final Episode: 2/10 ('Cause Margaret)
Overall: 5/10 ('Cause Nanako)
Sep 15, 2012 9:32 PM

Aug 2011
So disappointing.

I really liked the anime, which while not exactly like the game, did a pretty good job of making the game's story into an anime. A few things felt rushed, but it did it's job very well.

But this special... well, it had some good parts, the action looked pretty good, it had some "epic heroic resolve" moments, but it wasn't nearly as good as the game. It was rushed as hell(way more than the anime). And that's the thing, this is a the true arc of the game, it needs to have proper buildup. I got shivers and nearly cried tears of joy because of how awesome it was. They got the order of things all wrong too.

It wasn't bad, but it REALLY didn't do the game justice.
Nov 19, 2012 7:40 PM

Apr 2012
Miya_F_Exia said:
sushi55 said:
I disagree with you guys; this was the single BEST episode of the anime. Yu recieved so much character development that he kept his place as one of best leads of the year. I don't think it was worth 6 months of waiting, but this anime came at a really bad time (Fate/Zero, Mawaru Penguindrum, Another, Stein's Gate etc) when animation and the overall quality of the shows this year rose to unprecedented levels.You know what? ALL VIDEO GAME TO ANIME ADAPTATIONS (save for some visual novel adaptations) are badly paced. Guess what? Persona 4 is the best video game (not including visual novels) to anime adaptation I've ever seen, and was meant only to promote the game (which it did a GREAT job at). So stop being critical, knowing ATLUS, they'll probably do something later (there's still the dub).
Despite all it's problems, I loved this episode. 10/10.

You should stop posting as a stupid fangirl, giving those shitty excuses as to the reason why this adaptation was bullshit. It doesn't matter if all video game adaptations have bad pace. Persona 4 was unable to be better than them. It's as bad as that stupid Valkyria Chonicles and Xenosaga adaptations. And Yu, one of the best leads of the year? I can only imagine how bad the others are, given how he received "character development" only in the middle of the series. Even if it was only to promote the game (and fuck you Atlus, I'm tired of all this P4 promotion, you're overdoing it), it still should have been at least decent. All I can see is derp faces and horrible pace, to the point that all the hype for this goddamn adaptation became fucking nothing. And I'm tired of you Atlus-whores who keep saying they'll save the world (most probably they'll destroy it, at least that's their goal in most SMT/Persona games anyway). Atlus may have aided in the adaptation somehow (what an incompetent), but they didn't do this shitty adaptation by themselves. The studio did it. It's just like saying Atlus made P4U, which they didn't. Just to show their trust in the studio that this...thing, they didn't even do the animated cutscenes for Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Ultimate/Arena. And F/Z and other series rose the overall quality? Dude, P4 wasn't even decent. It was unBEARable to watch it. I usually don't even care for animation that much, but P4's was so bad I actually noticed it. I won't stop being critical, because I'm not a blind Atlus fangirl that believes that they'll handle everything perfectly. They make mistakes, they are not perfect and they allowed this dreadful adaptation to take place (and I'm going to pretend that you didn't mention the dub, because that means absolutely nothing. As if they'd do something different for just a dub). Well, they're getting money with it, so why should they care? Bullshit sells.

*Sees K-ON given 7 on list*
LOL.

By the way, while there is nothing wrong with critically judging this episode, please use less swear words. We're debating as human beings, not as a pack of retards with no idea what to say. You have a good point, but seeing so much swearing in a paragraph...
sushiisawesomeApr 11, 2013 11:13 PM
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Dec 23, 2012 3:42 PM

Aug 2011
Ah, the soundtrack reminds me why Persona 4 is so awesome. It makes any fight great. But I wasn't sure on some plot points though, like battling Margret and the deja vu. It felt pretty rushed and too fast-paced for someone who hasn't experienced the game ending like me. I should get on that soon then.
Jan 4, 2013 8:23 PM
Mar 2009
As someone who has not played the game (and may never be able to), I thought the anime as a whole did its job of getting the majority of its plot out.

This episode was pretty rushed and I was confused as all hell during the beginning-middle parts. Like, how did they ALL end up fighting Izanami? Only Yu left to talk to her and why did he keep looping until he talked to her?

The fight scenes were nice though, just wish they had fleshed out what this True Ending was supposed to be cause it seems like a trainwreck.

Still one of the more memorable animes I've watched in a while, haha. Go Rise.
Jan 15, 2013 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
ChronosXIII said:
As someone who has not played the game (and may never be able to), I thought the anime as a whole did its job of getting the majority of its plot out.

This episode was pretty rushed and I was confused as all hell during the beginning-middle parts. Like, how did they ALL end up fighting Izanami? Only Yu left to talk to her and why did he keep looping until he talked to her?

The fight scenes were nice though, just wish they had fleshed out what this True Ending was supposed to be cause it seems like a trainwreck.

Still one of the more memorable animes I've watched in a while, haha. Go Rise.

Nice to see someone enjoyed it in this sea of negative comments :)
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Where do I stop?

Altace - Aug 31, 2012

2 by Altace »»
Aug 31, 2012 5:44 PM

» Is it out yet? I haven't seen any real news about it since the release date

Cacttuar - Aug 23, 2012

5 by keygen »»
Aug 28, 2012 9:28 AM

» Length

Keirik - Mar 31, 2012

19 by Leon-Gun »»
Aug 17, 2012 1:01 AM

» Connection with TV series

HiroHirono - Apr 4, 2012

14 by Leon-Gun »»
Aug 17, 2012 12:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.