Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2012 1:29 AM

Apr 2008
Endless Eight The Animation...hahah it reminded me of Steins;Gate visual novel's Suzuha ending in terms of repeating events + protagonist getting evil/demented thoughts. Didn't like Narukami's personality switch from deadpan snarker/SWAG to "WAAAH I DONT WANNA BE ALONE", though Margaret's slap was timed right + the fight was good, but the Ameno Sagiri fight was so damn rushed lol over in two minutes. Ending was somewhat similar to the anime's (watched the director's cut of ep 25, didn't notice anything new), cause DAAAW NANAKO DONT CRY D: seriously Nanako is so damn adorable and her Junes song is just HNNNGH.

But still, this was a pretty shitty adaptation: ugly animation and tons of derp faces, music is only good because it's reused from the game, characters were likeable but rushed development. I really am fearful of the Persona 3 movie, because P3 is a million times better than P4

5/10 = Endless Eight The Animation (I mean...true ending)
4/10 = Anime adaptation

Seeing that "Persona 4 Scriptwriter Criticizes Scenario of Guilty Crown" makes me LOL: while GC had superior animation, P4 at least had likeable characters + semi-coherent plot.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Aug 31, 2012 4:32 PM

Jan 2012
I guess I only really liked the music
Aug 31, 2012 6:39 PM

Dec 2011
Didn't expect that gasoline guy is Izanami.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2012 10:20 AM

Jun 2010
really enjoyed this ep
yu vs margaret was the BEST~,.,i'm glad to see yoshitsune being used
i didnt expect to see shadow yu there ^^'
Sep 1, 2012 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
I was disappointed with Episode 26. I understand what they were trying to do thematically with Yuu, but pacing felt awkward as hell (much like other episodes in the series). Maybe they were pressed for time with the (why was it created other than milking the series?) P4 movie that included (the slightly) True End, but why wasn't the animation in this episode better?! Jeez! Makes me feel bad for people that ordered the BD/DVD or those who got into the series from the anime instead of the game.

I'm really hoping the Persona 3 movie series will have the pacing and animation problems ironed out since the P4 Anime series could have done a MUCH better job at certain parts. (Although I won't complain if Atlus would release P5 already!)

I gotta agree with the other forum members that say "play the game"--if you're a Persona fan, you owe it to yourself.
Sep 1, 2012 11:05 PM
Mar 2011
Coming from someone who enjoyed the anime itself I thought this episode was good and thats it. Id question if people who haven't played the game would understand wtf was going on though. Nothing will touch how I felt watching the true ending while playing the game but what they went for in this episode was interesting. It definitely needed more time and the animation was sub par but in all I thought it wrapped up the anime better than ep 25.
Sep 2, 2012 11:43 AM
Jan 2012
The episode wasn't that bad, but... rushed. It should be a 1 hour special. And I am not a supporter of this happy ending at all. It pisses me of that Yu is the only MC who have a joyful ending.

Miya_F_Exia said:
At least they won't touch Persona 2 (I HOPE).

Let's hope, but with the recent theories of a certain villain of P2 being the villain of P4Arena, I wouldn't be so sure that they will not screw with Persona 2 in the future.
Sep 2, 2012 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
I didn't think it was possible for them to make something just as bad as Trinity Soul. They succeeded, unfortunately. I think I'll just pretend it doesn't even exist. Although, it DID seem better animated than the series itself was, I'll give it that.
Sep 3, 2012 10:54 PM

May 2012
As someone who havnt played the game yet. i was literally scratching my head after watching this episode. why were they being pulled by some shadowy hands, when did margaret appears and why are they fighting?. i had to read a summary on wiki just to understand what happened. except up to the part when they intruduce izanami, the pacing was terrible , everything else felt like random animation scenes pasted together to form an episode.
Sep 3, 2012 11:03 PM

Sep 2007
Uhm I think it's kinda okay for me, though I haven't played the game yet so this Ep. 26 kinda surprised me a bit.

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Sep 6, 2012 11:15 PM

Jan 2010
I expected this to be bad, but judging from the comments it seems like it was even worse.
I don't expect them to do any better with P3, actually... Unless the staff and studio behind that are completely different. I also wouldn't worry about P2 since I don't see the possibility of it being adapted.

Blackiris said:
This is actually a bit funny, because you gave a 5 to a fairly decent adaptation, which pretty much followed the original material (not exactly, but still bearably well)... and in the same time you have shit-tier adaptations rated with nines and tens (F/sn, ef, Higurashi and a few more).

Being faithful does not equal being good, though. While you can say the adaptation stayed pretty close to it's source material, it didn't work very well as an anime nor did it do any justice to the game.

Certain things HAVE to be adapted when going from one medium to another, you can't just copy-paste the original and pray that it works. I can't speak much about the other 2 -I didn't like the Fate adaptation and didn't watch ef- but, while Higurashi may have been a lousy adaptation if analyzed through the lenses of a VN reader (I wouldn't know since I haven't read it yet, although I do plan to do that sometime in the near future), it still worked pretty well as an anime, and in the end that's what matters the most IMO. Now, Umineko, THAT didn't work neither as an anime nor as an adaptation.
Sep 8, 2012 4:10 AM

Sep 2007
Lynx_7 said:
Now, Umineko, THAT didn't work neither as an anime nor as an adaptation.

Umineko did work as an anime. The people who read the VN hate it, but everyone else - like me - had a generally positive impression of it. And ef was a wonderful anime, so that guy has no point at all.

*cough* right.

I was surprised to see Margaret summon Lucifer. I didn't realise until now that Helel = Lucifer - I didn't level enough to see Helel in either P3 or P4, and the first time I saw him was as Lucifer in DS2. I wonder what the symbolic implication of her summoning him of all demons is...? And it was pretty awesome seeing the persona/demons one after another, with the names running through my mind.

Izanami appearing was also neat.

Other than that the episode sucked, the 'everyone dies' was offensively bad, I'd forgotten just how annoying they made the characters and how bad the voice acting was (I played the undub, and the voice track in the game was a million times better even with the same voice actors), so 5/10.

Hopefully they won't leave Seiji Kishi and Yuuko Kakihara (look at their series! Their lists are full of bad adaptations and awful anime!) in charge of the compilation movie, or god forbid of Persona 3.
KiralySep 8, 2012 5:55 AM
Sep 9, 2012 7:22 AM

Apr 2010
sushi55 said:
I disagree with you guys; this was the single BEST episode of the anime. Yu recieved so much character development that he kept his place as one of best leads of the year. I don't think it was worth 6 months of waiting, but this anime came at a really bad time (Fate/Zero, Mawaru Penguindrum, Another, Stein's Gate etc) when animation and the overall quality of the shows this year rose to unprecedented levels.You know what? ALL VIDEO GAME TO ANIME ADAPTATIONS (save for some visual novel adaptations) are badly paced. Guess what? Persona 4 is the best video game (not including visual novels) to anime adaptation I've ever seen, and was meant only to promote the game (which it did a GREAT job at). So stop being critical, knowing ATLUS, they'll probably do something later (there's still the dub).
Despite all it's problems, I loved this episode. 10/10.

I have to quote you (except for the vote, for me it's a 9/10). It's really not easy to adapt a long RPG game, skipping the explorations and random battles. What No One is Alone gives us is character's development for Yu. We can see his shadow for the first time, his fears of being alone now that he must leave his friends.
The true ending in the game wasn't great (I mean after the fight with Izanami), but here it's done well.

Music side: I miss 'The Genesis' because it's one of the greatest tracks in Persona 4, but I've enjoyed the battle remix of the Velvet Room theme, it reminds me the final boss theme of Persona 3 [battle for everyone's souls], a bit more electronic and less rock. I have the feel 30 minutes are too few for what they tried to do in this episode. The whole 'time lock' and the confrontation with Yu's shadow took off too much time to the fights.
Still, all the summons of Personas were great: Yoshitsune, Helel, Arahabaki, again Lucifer and Izanagi no Okami. So epic that being a fan of the game makes me love it.

Not all the games adaptations are bad, it's just hard to do it for rpg games [a lot of anime from Visual Novels are great], where it's easy to deside to see every boss adapted. Compare it to Xenosaga: The Animation, 12 episodes for a game that is really long and full of scenes? And they changed parts of the story.

It's my opinion, feel free to disagree. I know 'as an anime' it's not one of the best I've seen. But damn, it's the adaptation from one of my favorite games, I've seen what I wanted to see. I'm satisfied.
But I'm a bit biased against Persona 3 Movie, they cannot adapt 40 hours into 1 or 2 hours.

Kiraly said:
Lynx_7 said:

Umineko did work as an anime. The people who read the VN hate it, but everyone else - like me - had a generally positive impression of it. And ef was a wonderful anime, so that guy has no point at all.

*cough* right.

I was surprised to see Margaret summon Lucifer. I didn't realise until now that Helel = Lucifer - I didn't level enough to see Helel in either P3 or P4, and the first time I saw him was as Lucifer in DS2. I wonder what the symbolic implication of her summoning him of all demons is...? And it was pretty awesome seeing the persona/demons one after another, with the names running through my mind.

Izanami appearing was also neat.

Other than that the episode sucked, the 'everyone dies' was offensively bad, I'd forgotten just how annoying they made the characters and how bad the voice acting was (I played the undub, and the voice track in the game was a million times better even with the same voice actors), so 5/10.

Hopefully they won't leave Seiji Kishi and Yuuko Kakihara (look at their series! Their lists are full of bad adaptations and awful anime!) in charge of the compilation movie, or god forbid of Persona 3.

I liked Umineko anime before playing the games. And now I think the anime is poor, it doesn't give the message from the author and viewers miss important plot-points. Musics where great but too short (from 7 minutes to 3 minutes), scenes where fast, introspection was absent.
If you play Umineko games, having enjoyed the anime, you will love them. But start from Ep.1, it's really hard to understand the whole story starting from Ep.5. Don't let the graph bother you, it has a soul!
Sep 10, 2012 12:31 PM

Jan 2010
Kiraly said:
Lynx_7 said:

I didn't play/read the Sound Novel and I was still very underwhelmed by the anime. In fact, I couldn't bring myself to finish it because it lacked all the atmosphere that made Higurashi good and I couldn't really care about what happened knowing that Battler could just deny and do it all over again. It's true they also did the loop thing in Higurashi, but at least there I cared about the characters and the mystery behind it was pretty intriguing and left me wanting to know more, something I honestly didn't feel with Umineko.
The overall consensus I see about Umineko's anime is pretty mixed. I do know some people who really liked it, but I also know people who feel the same way as I do. The DVD/BD(?) sales were also very bad, or so I heard.
I thought it was bad as an anime, and I hope the Novels can change my opinion about the story.
I do hear many good things about Ef, though. It's on my Plan to Watch for quite some time... I'll watch it when I feel like watching some drama.

Oh, I'm sorry, I won't derail the thread any longer, this is not a place to talk about this lol

So... Helel, what an awesome dude, am I right guys?
Uh, I'll edit this later after I watch the episode.

Edit: Well, that was messy. Still, an enjoyable mess for me. I was expecting something worse based on the reactions here. It was very rushed, but not much worse than the rest of the series was. It's what I expected it to be.
Nice bit of fanservice with the Personas in the battle between Margareth and Yuu. Izanami was VERY poorly done though. The "battle" (if you can call it that) was mediocre and the choices of music were just wrong. They played Mist in the preview but not in the actual episode? Guess they were just cock-teasing us. Now I'm eagerly awaiting for
battle without "The Battle for Everyone's Soul" in P3's movie! I'm betting they will play reincarnation's version of Unavoidable Battle or some crazy new track like "Train Scene" just for the lulz.

It could have been a lot better, but I still enjoyed it for the fanservice factor, and that's all this whole anime was worth for anyway. People who didn't play the game will just be utterly confused.
YunoleffSep 12, 2012 12:50 PM
Sep 11, 2012 10:31 AM
Apr 2012
My unadulterated opinion: This has to be the absolute worst episode in the entire series. It's terrible and complete shit, and it's a disgrace to the game itself. I have no idea why people liked this.

Explanation: I watched P4: The Animation from start to finish, it had it's ups and downs. The pacing was always terrible, and the animation was some of the worst I've ever seen in an anime period. Seriously, some of the episodes look like they slapped on photoshopped pictures or something.

That said, there was still some diamonds in this show, the Ai episode was funny as hell, and anything involving Nanako was pure gold (that makes 4-6 episodes automatically good in my eyes), and I'm not saying that as a Nanako fanboy, they were genuinely good, well-paced and emotional episodes. I also liked the last two episodes even though the ending was complete shit.

What I'm baffled about is why in the world they made this some "Special" episode if they didn't put in the effort to make it special. This easily could've came the week after the normal ending and it would fit perfectly with the terrible pacing and animation that plagued the anime. Yeah, they gave Yu some character development (development I believe was completely unnecessary), at the expense of the story itself being completely gutted and wrecked. If I didn't play the game, I would've been completely lost. The episode easily needed to be movie length to fit what it wanted to do.

Overall, if I had to compare the anime to something, it'd be a well-shaped rock. For a rock, it's impressive looking and compared to the other rocks, it stands out. But it's no diamond. It still fails on many levels and in order to enjoy it you have to lower your standards. But this episode was shit, even on those standards.

Final Episode: 2/10 ('Cause Margaret)
Overall: 5/10 ('Cause Nanako)
Sep 15, 2012 9:32 PM

Aug 2011
So disappointing.

I really liked the anime, which while not exactly like the game, did a pretty good job of making the game's story into an anime. A few things felt rushed, but it did it's job very well.

But this special... well, it had some good parts, the action looked pretty good, it had some "epic heroic resolve" moments, but it wasn't nearly as good as the game. It was rushed as hell(way more than the anime). And that's the thing, this is a the true arc of the game, it needs to have proper buildup. I got shivers and nearly cried tears of joy because of how awesome it was. They got the order of things all wrong too.

It wasn't bad, but it REALLY didn't do the game justice.
Nov 19, 2012 7:40 PM

Apr 2012
Miya_F_Exia said:
sushi55 said:
I disagree with you guys; this was the single BEST episode of the anime. Yu recieved so much character development that he kept his place as one of best leads of the year. I don't think it was worth 6 months of waiting, but this anime came at a really bad time (Fate/Zero, Mawaru Penguindrum, Another, Stein's Gate etc) when animation and the overall quality of the shows this year rose to unprecedented levels.You know what? ALL VIDEO GAME TO ANIME ADAPTATIONS (save for some visual novel adaptations) are badly paced. Guess what? Persona 4 is the best video game (not including visual novels) to anime adaptation I've ever seen, and was meant only to promote the game (which it did a GREAT job at). So stop being critical, knowing ATLUS, they'll probably do something later (there's still the dub).
Despite all it's problems, I loved this episode. 10/10.

You should stop posting as a stupid fangirl, giving those shitty excuses as to the reason why this adaptation was bullshit. It doesn't matter if all video game adaptations have bad pace. Persona 4 was unable to be better than them. It's as bad as that stupid Valkyria Chonicles and Xenosaga adaptations. And Yu, one of the best leads of the year? I can only imagine how bad the others are, given how he received "character development" only in the middle of the series. Even if it was only to promote the game (and fuck you Atlus, I'm tired of all this P4 promotion, you're overdoing it), it still should have been at least decent. All I can see is derp faces and horrible pace, to the point that all the hype for this goddamn adaptation became fucking nothing. And I'm tired of you Atlus-whores who keep saying they'll save the world (most probably they'll destroy it, at least that's their goal in most SMT/Persona games anyway). Atlus may have aided in the adaptation somehow (what an incompetent), but they didn't do this shitty adaptation by themselves. The studio did it. It's just like saying Atlus made P4U, which they didn't. Just to show their trust in the studio that this...thing, they didn't even do the animated cutscenes for Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Ultimate/Arena. And F/Z and other series rose the overall quality? Dude, P4 wasn't even decent. It was unBEARable to watch it. I usually don't even care for animation that much, but P4's was so bad I actually noticed it. I won't stop being critical, because I'm not a blind Atlus fangirl that believes that they'll handle everything perfectly. They make mistakes, they are not perfect and they allowed this dreadful adaptation to take place (and I'm going to pretend that you didn't mention the dub, because that means absolutely nothing. As if they'd do something different for just a dub). Well, they're getting money with it, so why should they care? Bullshit sells.

*Sees K-ON given 7 on list*
LOL.

By the way, while there is nothing wrong with critically judging this episode, please use less swear words. We're debating as human beings, not as a pack of retards with no idea what to say. You have a good point, but seeing so much swearing in a paragraph...
sushiisawesomeApr 11, 2013 11:13 PM
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Dec 23, 2012 3:42 PM

Aug 2011
Ah, the soundtrack reminds me why Persona 4 is so awesome. It makes any fight great. But I wasn't sure on some plot points though, like battling Margret and the deja vu. It felt pretty rushed and too fast-paced for someone who hasn't experienced the game ending like me. I should get on that soon then.
Jan 4, 2013 8:23 PM
Mar 2009
As someone who has not played the game (and may never be able to), I thought the anime as a whole did its job of getting the majority of its plot out.

This episode was pretty rushed and I was confused as all hell during the beginning-middle parts. Like, how did they ALL end up fighting Izanami? Only Yu left to talk to her and why did he keep looping until he talked to her?

The fight scenes were nice though, just wish they had fleshed out what this True Ending was supposed to be cause it seems like a trainwreck.

Still one of the more memorable animes I've watched in a while, haha. Go Rise.
Jan 15, 2013 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
ChronosXIII said:
As someone who has not played the game (and may never be able to), I thought the anime as a whole did its job of getting the majority of its plot out.

This episode was pretty rushed and I was confused as all hell during the beginning-middle parts. Like, how did they ALL end up fighting Izanami? Only Yu left to talk to her and why did he keep looping until he talked to her?

The fight scenes were nice though, just wish they had fleshed out what this True Ending was supposed to be cause it seems like a trainwreck.

Still one of the more memorable animes I've watched in a while, haha. Go Rise.

Nice to see someone enjoyed it in this sea of negative comments :)
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 18, 2013 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
Episode felt pretty rushed but I still liked it. It looks like all Nakamura wanted was to never be alone and always have his friends by his side.
Jul 25, 2013 8:27 PM

Feb 2011
主花と雪千 ;A;

We never learned Yuu's past, only everyone else's. But at least we got to see his Shadow briefly~

Ugh, poor Yuu, Groundhog's Day. @_@

That food looks so gross.

It'd be cool if more series did alternate endings like this.

I think the message behind the fog, wearing the glasses and Shadows is really interesting.

That was good, speaking as person who hasn't played the game (yet). :3
眠れないのは君のせい
Jan 6, 2014 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
Nicely adapted.
I wish Igor broke character at least once in the anime. Would have been funny.
7.5/10
Nov 3, 2014 3:02 AM

Jun 2013
It was alright. 8/10
Nov 11, 2014 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
teyorya said:
As someone who havnt played the game yet. i was literally scratching my head after watching this episode. why were they being pulled by some shadowy hands, when did margaret appears and why are they fighting?. i had to read a summary on wiki just to understand what happened. except up to the part when they intruduce izanami, the pacing was terrible , everything else felt like random animation scenes pasted together to form an episode.

agreed, especially the scene with margaret basically replacing the other dude (sry I forgot his name).. @_@ why would they fight against margaret, I thought she's on their side?!
Vanessa-Nov 11, 2014 1:18 PM
Jan 12, 2015 9:19 AM

Apr 2014
Angel said:
teyorya said:

agreed, especially the scene with margaret basically replacing the other dude (sry I forgot his name).. @_@ why would they fight against margaret, I thought she's on their side?!

That fight was in the game.

However, in the game, she was only fighting Yu for fun. Here, she was trying to convince him to fight Izanami.

May 1, 2015 9:34 AM
Apr 2014
This was godawful, they completely ruined the Izanami battle for an endless eight rip off, The final segment that gives meaning to the entire Persona 4 game and that pieces everything together, what the fuck, now that's some huge butchering.
1/10, fuck this shitty ova, I'd give it 0/10 if I could, the anime was solid though.
Feb 11, 2016 8:07 AM
Dec 2014
Well the ending scene where Yu parts away from the rest is always nice to watch, but the fight was just weird overall. Oh and the music.. Why would they even do this?
Just use the original one ffs..
Aug 18, 2016 7:45 PM

Dec 2014
Didn't really pay attention to the music so I wouldn't know about the OST.

I honestly thought this episode was really good. The way things were handled seemed far less bullshit deus-ex-machina than in the game with having your friends cheer you on and somehow being able to beat a god.

The animation was pretty poor, sure, but everything seemed cohesive given the time and material. 8/10
I need sleep.
Sep 1, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2016
Hearing never more bring me right to the feels.

This is actually a pretty important special they shold have made it a movie instead for better animation purposes. It was rushed but the plot is so awesome that it carries that couple of flows.

What a beautiful ending :')
Oct 13, 2017 10:17 PM

Dec 2013
Disappointing tbh. It jumped around too much and the pacing was just weird.
Apr 15, 2018 6:50 PM

Jan 2012
Well that certainly was a flashy and confusing ending. But I should point out I've never actually played Persona 4, or really any Persona with one notable exception, so that's probably why. Why did I watch this series if I've never played the game you ask? Well it's because I've been playing through Persona Q on the 3DS using the Persona 4 characters, and I really enjoy their chemistry in that game. To the extent that I'm over 60 hours in still enjoying it. And since I'll never own a non-Nintendo video game console again, I figured I'd check this out to see more of them. And as a whole this series was....just okay. A bit on the boring side I'm sorry to say. The art style took me awhile to get used to after familiarizing myself with how the characters look in Persona Q which is vastly different. And that first stretch of 8 or 10 or however many episodes where everyone faced their shadows felt particularly monotonous and repetitive. Even the slice of life stuff wasn't really clicking much with me early on. It did get better as it went on, and I still ultimately enjoyed the main group of characters, but the mystery was never really one. I never checked spoilers and never played the game and still figured out the one behind it all was Adachi extremely early on. How? He was pretty much the only recurring character it could have been! Honestly the only other one I can think of right now is the takeout delivery girl and it obviously wasn't her. It may as well not have been a mystery at all. But I do assume that was probably handled better in the game where you're given freedom of exploration. I liked that Nanako lived as she was a darling, but that whole storyline really was rather cheap, by which I mean emotionally manipulative. Which is fine I guess I mean normally I don't mind that if it leads to me getting what I want but eh. So yeah, overall a serviceable viewing experience but probably not one I'll ever long to experience again. I saw there was apparently a 12 or 13 episode remake that came out but I don't think I'll bother with that. Instead I'm looking forward to finishing off Persona Q possibly as soon as later on tonight and certainly sometime this week. 6/10.
Dec 17, 2018 5:32 PM
Aug 2017
Where can i watch this ????
Jul 31, 2020 7:09 AM

Jul 2015
So this is the true ending, bit rushed but still good. Totally forgot about the gasstation guy from ep 1. Well we now know who created the midnight channel, the fog and stuff. Yuu really went insane there in his shadow illusion even improving the recept of the poison (who in their right mind does this?).

Nov 23, 2020 10:18 AM
Jul 2019
The episode had pacing issue and rushed fighting scenes like the rest of the anime unfortunately but still as someone who played the game it was very fun to watch and had some chilling moments I really enjoyed.

I'll rate it like the main anime, 8/10 for both if you played the game, 7/10 if you didn't.
Nov 25, 2020 11:56 AM

Dec 2015
Now I'm a bit disappointed about P5 Royal, since that arc is pretty much the same from what we've got here. Anyway, both the main show and the true ending were 6/10. The jokes were fun, but not enough for it to be entertaining by itself. And if I haven't played the game, this might have been a 4/10 experience.
May 22, 2023 5:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Felt rushed but still good to have Izanami's defeat ending I guess, but well, not on the level of what followed next (Golden)
Jul 1, 2023 8:23 AM
Oct 2022
Sheesh, reading this thread gave me cancer. I hope MAL's users are less toxic nowadays than 2012, because that first page was full of edgy children insulting one another over anime. What a joke.

I like the adaptation. It's definitely better than the shitty P5 anime anyway, not to mention adding depth and nuance to the character expressions that weren't possible to be explored in a video game, plus the fact that they used the emotional OSTs at the right moment to amplify the feels.

A 9/10 for the whole show at least. I wasn't annoyed by the use of Endless Eight either. I thought it was a creative way to spice up the ending; the game's true end was a whole exposition dump for the most part anyway.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Where do I stop?

Altace - Aug 31, 2012

2 by Altace »»
Aug 31, 2012 5:44 PM

» Is it out yet? I haven't seen any real news about it since the release date

Cacttuar - Aug 23, 2012

5 by keygen »»
Aug 28, 2012 9:28 AM

» Length

Keirik - Mar 31, 2012

19 by Leon-Gun »»
Aug 17, 2012 1:01 AM

» Connection with TV series

HiroHirono - Apr 4, 2012

14 by Leon-Gun »»
Aug 17, 2012 12:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.