Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 6, 2012 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Totally different episode with a totally different feeling. Just the start with Akarin and Chinatsu as Mirakurun in the spoiler
marks itself being so unique and different.
With the Comiket around the corner this episode truly showed a good point of it on many facets. Those of comedy, hysteria such as the following,

That is easily a mass hysteria of people flocking with the same costume. TBH it displeases for the fact it’s all the same character. I prefer the variations of IRL conventions. Same character = to MASS OF CLONES. Basically.

The being said the end FREAKED ME OUT! The following,

WTF Chinatsu? Vampire? Blood? That’s apart from Chinatsu actually having some in the beginning in the spoiler
Whom is part of the OP itself of Mirakurun parody. Still the vampire part was INSANE! The blood made it somewhat fearful. I did not expect such a element integrated considering I have my own issues with that.

Yuru Yuri impressed on a whole new level with magical girls this episode and the means of joys in conventions for the best or worse. Might edit later.
Yumekichi11Aug 6, 2012 11:10 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 6, 2012 11:51 AM

Feb 2008
You always getting 1st yumekichi, where do you watching these?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 6, 2012 12:03 PM
Sep 2011
Great episode and the Mirakurun OP was nice!
Aug 6, 2012 12:03 PM
May 2011
eps 6 is the worse and the most boring eps, I even dropped the rating

and why there is no scene where the new character will show up as the promise in the preview of eps 5 ?
Aug 6, 2012 12:12 PM

Sep 2010
The best episode. So much win. Vampire China~chu is sexy, and Mirakurun & Rivalun are very cute.
2e16nig.png
Aug 6, 2012 12:20 PM
May 2012
kinda "meh" episode,
maybe next time,
only watching because of akarin~
Aug 6, 2012 12:23 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep!

Poor Ayano lol. She needs more screentime!

Ep preview looks awesome. More chitose is always welcome :)
Aug 6, 2012 12:30 PM

May 2011
Great episode, another Comiket thrill ride! The Mirakurun vs. Rivalun fight was really nice, lol @ the transformation joke. XD

Edit: Anyone know if that new OP is permanent or not? Not sure since it is dedicated to Mirakurun and whether they put it in just to match the theme of this episode or not. I personally hope it is.
-Kenshin-Aug 6, 2012 12:44 PM
Aug 6, 2012 12:44 PM

Oct 2011
Start of this episode was mental XD
but I liked it because of it

Chitose seems to be lost to normal world - not that she was part of it, but it escalates.
And next episode, it seems that Chizuru and her drool will be back, I'm looking forward to it (and since it's about sisters than maybe Akari will get some love)

Another kid learned how the world works :( but better now than meeting someone like Chinatsu later (or Kyouko for that matter).
Also that cute little scene when Yui didn't tell Kyouko that she doesn't love her :D adorable
Aug 6, 2012 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
I swear the faces they make get funnier and funnier every episode.
Aug 6, 2012 1:01 PM

Jun 2010
Kinda sad because I didn't get to see my opening-zamasu. But the temporarily OP was okay-zamasu.

Aug 6, 2012 1:08 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode, it just keeps getting funnier and funnier.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 6, 2012 1:14 PM

May 2009
lol the blood at the fight with the balls
Pretty nice episode, poor Ayano, got \akarin~/'d this week.
and they finally included that chapter from volume 2 (the last part), I was starting to wonder if they gonna skip it...
Aug 6, 2012 1:43 PM
Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
[Just the start with Akarin and Chinatsu as Mirakurun.

That's not Chinatsu, it's the actual character Mirakurun. You can tell by the eye color. Chinatsu's are teal even when she's cosplaying, while Mirakurun has red eyes. They also have different voices, Ookubo, Rumi being Chinatsu's, and Taketatsu, Ayana, AKA everyone's favorite Azu-nyan for Mirakurun.

Interesting episode this week. I was surprised the Mirakurun thing went on for as long as it did. Not sure if I'd like the idea of this being expanded into a spinoff. It's too generic parody of Magical Girl genericness in it's present state.

It was both amusing and depressing... the little girl from last season's comiket episode shows up again and gets her spirit crushed.

Speaking of sad moments, poor Ayano. Such is the price of being so tsundere.

Akari wasn't as funny in the Ganbo suit as Chitose was.

All in all a solid episode. Neither fantastically hilarious nor tedious.
Aug 6, 2012 2:06 PM

Aug 2010
Poor Ayano and Akari was stuck with the horrible cosplay.
Aug 6, 2012 2:09 PM
Mar 2011
prismheart said:
Poor Ayano and Akari was stuck with the horrible cosplay.

i feel bad for ayano. maybe its just me but i want more ayano x kyouko
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 6, 2012 2:11 PM

Oct 2010
RLinksoul said:
Yumekichi11 said:
[Just the start with Akarin and Chinatsu as Mirakurun.

That's not Chinatsu, it's the actual character Mirakurun. You can tell by the eye color. Chinatsu's are teal even when she's cosplaying, while Mirakurun has red eyes.
I was more on the side of ideas it was her with contacts but I guess the voice was the key in it all.

Still having hard times to tell apart from the voice. But no worries I already got trolled in Dog Days by thinking one person was totally not that person only to turn a good disguise punked me. It's a good thing since it serves goods example you can get fooled in some animes. Some more than others in my case.
RLinksoul said:
Interesting episode this week. I was surprised the Mirakurun thing went on for as long as it did. Not sure if I'd like the idea of this being expanded into a spinoff. It's too generic parody of Magical Girl generics in it's present state.
They could do it as specials on DVDs. Might be a wise choice to market out as bonus. People would be thrilled I am sure as extra in their purchased DVD/BD.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 6, 2012 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
Oh my ... hilarious episode! I like this EP a lot, but still a little less than the last one. I think it might be because they're talking about something that occurred on the season 1, so I already know that it would be hilarious.

----

For the Komike section, I was lol'ed so hard when seeing Akari's hair ball still on the outside of Ganbo. (It's removable?!) I like how so many people recognized Kyouko in the Komike, and heck I was surprised that she was able to make an anime!

I do feel sorry for Ayano though. She were expecting that Kyoko would call her, too bad she didn't ... but at the end still asked Ayano to help her carry those books. Haha, way to go Kyoko!

Also, poor Chinatsu scared the crap out of that kid ...

----

For the Yui's room section, I was lol'd so hard when Kyoko bought out that pink box *again*. I didn't expect that box to ever show up again! When Yui gave Kyoko a box of pancake, that was funny as well (and heck, she did even go to make the pancake!)

In this part, I think the climax really was at the blood type discussion. Kyoko is totally, totally, B type. I lol'd as well when she said she'd give her blood to Chinatsu, and got rejected right away.

Oh poor Kyoko, seems like her homework is still not done ...

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 2:21 PM

Jun 2010
Poor Akari. She's being bullied by the Director. XD
Aug 6, 2012 2:21 PM

Jul 2012
kenshin_sama said:
Edit: Anyone know if that new OP is permanent or not? Not sure since it is dedicated to Mirakurun and whether they put it in just to match the theme of this episode or not. I personally hope it is.
I don't think so. I think this is temporary because they want to show Mirakurun at the beginning of this EP.

RLinksoul said:
Interesting episode this week. I was surprised the Mirakurun thing went on for as long as it did. Not sure if I'd like the idea of this being expanded into a spinoff. It's too generic parody of Magical Girl genericness in it's present state.
We might get full OP or full episode as BD special, just like Oreimo. :)

----

BTW, Akari did got a lot of air time this week as well. Seems like my observation that she'll get Akarin~ later soon wasn't in the case in this season!

I want moar Kyoko x Yui though. They're so caring about each other :3

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 2:38 PM

Aug 2010
I wonder why nobody mentioned chinatsu's erotalk so far. That was pretty effective :D

Alltogether, nice episode. And poor Ayano =(
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Aug 6, 2012 2:54 PM

Jul 2012
Wordsmith said:
I wonder why nobody mentioned chinatsu's erotalk so far. That was pretty effective :D
LOL, YES! Totally agreed.

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 3:17 PM

Nov 2009
OMG Poor Ayano made me ;_;

She's too good for Kyouko =P
Aug 6, 2012 3:43 PM
Apr 2011
i just realized something, there's no males in this anime, not even at the comic market
Aug 6, 2012 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
Fun one :)
Aug 6, 2012 4:46 PM
Sep 2011
Poor Ayano, I mean she it seems that all of her screentime from last season has been given to Akari and they have started pushing kyouko x yui instead which quite saddens me. Especially since she got what is in my opinion the funniest scene in the episode.
Also I really laughed when Chinatsu was scratching her back the little kid looking at her said "life is bitter" which if I recall is the exact same thing the kid(I think it was Yui's cousin) said to Chinatsu back in season 1.
I loved this episode myself, the best one since the first episode to me after last weeks kind of eh episode.

Now this will probably sound really odd, but is it me or does Kyouko really act like a dude a lot of the time?
edl01Aug 6, 2012 4:51 PM
Aug 6, 2012 4:51 PM

Jul 2012
edl01 said:
Now this will probably sound really odd, but is it me or does Kyouko really act like a dude a lot of the time?
Nope, not just you. I do feel the same way ... But hey, she still cute the way she is! A little tom girl, lol.

I was rooted for KyokoYui since the first season, since the episode that they slept together, so this isn't bother me at all. But yeah, it's sad to see that AyanoKyoko isn't really significant in this season ... Because they're hilarious!

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 5:07 PM

Jun 2012
The OP for this episode was pretty cool, and poor Ayano. I'm excited for the next episode. :D
Aug 6, 2012 5:12 PM

Jul 2012
BTW, did anybody notice ... Yui in glasses? Anybody for Yui in glasses? :3

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 5:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Akari's hair was attached outside the mascot costume....ahahaha!! Made me laugh so hard! >< Couldn't focus on the episode properly because of that. Poor Akarin...

Gotta feel sorry for Ayano... :x

Funny and cute episode as usual.. :)
Aug 6, 2012 6:28 PM

Feb 2010
Where is Mirakurun's ed? XD

...and lol for " Life is bitter, Mom "
Aug 6, 2012 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
geez i wouldn't feel so bad for Ayano if she was bit more honest at times like this :P,and that poor kid's childhood ruined lol
Aug 6, 2012 7:53 PM

May 2009
sikandsak said:
BTW, did anybody notice ... Yui in glasses? Anybody for Yui in glasses? :3

Well, I noticed, but she already did this cosplay on S1, so...

also:
Aug 6, 2012 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
Shizumi said:
Kyokorin with glasses! *drool*

I haven't read the manga, so I didn't know they did that as well. Also, somehow I missed that in season 1. Thanks for pointing that out!

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 8:11 PM
Jun 2008
75% of this ep total Mirakurun & lots of many balls (only missing are big balls of wipeout)

chinatsu as Mirakurun yea now really scared a little girl & her mom for life & ayano get akarin treatment in this ep oh waiting for call til go all white.

& what the chinatsu the vampire oh yikes oh box of doing random things idea of Toshinou Kyouko.

next ep room of pic Toshinou Kyouko, sisters, & oh wait is that mari-chan?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Aug 6, 2012 9:27 PM

Oct 2010
This show makes me week every week.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Aug 6, 2012 11:32 PM

Jun 2009
Sisters episode meaning Akane?

Fuck yeah finally! Monday can't come soon enough.
Aug 7, 2012 12:25 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,the intro presente by Mirakurun was funny specially the "invisible" spell.

The episode of Mirakurun was not bad my favorite part was without a doubt the balls attack!!

Blood everywere!!!...well maybe not

So back to Comiket,now the turn for Akarin and Chinatsu,Chinatsu "pose" was really funny!!

Poor girl got traumatized for life XD
Also Yui with glasses O GOD!!
i really feel sorry for Ayano waiting all the day for the call....now she feel what Akarin feels must of the time T__T

The last part was not bad,The Box V9000 this time,some good laughs and got sexy Chinatsu.

Next episode is sister time!! Could it be Akane finally talking???

BTW Chinatsu vampire was great!

GIF's and more on the club!!http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=473767
Aug 7, 2012 1:53 AM

Sep 2010
Very good episode... But not as good as previous episodes.... Addidion of a Mirakurun OP and a episode was pretty nice touch....

But Kyouko was awesome as always...

4/5
Aug 7, 2012 6:45 AM

Sep 2009
I was not fully satisfied. lacking sometihing...
BTW Aochan's voice looked unfit for Rivaln, though she is so cute.
Aug 7, 2012 7:40 AM

Jul 2011
This episode is not bad. I like the Mirakurun scene specially when Mirakurun blast all the ball. Hahaha! XD

But I feel bad for Ayano. I really miss her seriously. Though its really funny when Kyoko call her then next was Chitose. Hahaha! I really laugh hard their. But, I feel sorry for her. Ah! I NEED MORE KYOKO X AYANO!!! MORE NOSEBLEED PLEASE!! I hope we can get it on the next episode.. =_=

And Oh! I suddenly miss Sakurako and Himawari..
yu3Aug 7, 2012 8:44 PM
Aug 7, 2012 8:02 AM
Jul 2011
raxius1230 said:
The episode of Mirakurun was not bad my favorite part was without a doubt the balls attack!!
Just when I'm becoming acquainted with Ryona, it even follows me into the non-H world :-P

Apart from that, I particularly laughed when Kyouko's head suddenly looked like Ganbo and she sounded like Ganbo. That's WTF humor just the way I like it ^^

And I also felt sorry for Ayano - for a few seconds, that is. Then I remembered that it's her own fault. When you act like you don't care for someone/something, don't be surprised if people believe you.

Can't wait for next week. That preview promises abundant joy ^^
kyo-236Aug 7, 2012 11:55 AM
Aug 7, 2012 9:25 AM

Jul 2010
It just occured to me that it's a comic conventions with girls only. IRL it's generally mostly guys. I've seen no guys in this anime ever. xD

Sexy Chinatsu! <3

Aug 7, 2012 10:24 AM
Aug 2011
This episode had so many LOL-Moments.
My favorite episode of this season.

Mirakurun and the balls
Chitose's little twirling dance
Akarins Buns
Chinatsu Vampire
etc,ect

5/5
Aug 7, 2012 10:49 AM

Apr 2010
Poor Ayano waiting like that and when she finally gets called it's to help out with the heavy stuff love is a harsh thing.
Chinatsu scaring that child was funny and when she got depressed it was even better.

The blood type was partly right but they didn't take positive and negative into account.
For instance it's true that O negative can give blood to all other blood types but it can only receive blood from there own blood type O-.
While O+ can only give blood to people with a positive blood type however they can only receive blood from O+ and O-.
So far it's still simple but if take for instance AB+ they can receive blood from anyone but they can only give blood to AB+.
AB- can only receive blood from a negative blood type and the can only give blood to AB+ and AB-.
And when you start looking at B it gets even more complicated.
Still when receiving blood from someone else there is always the possibility that your body rejects that blood even when it's capable with your blood type and even when it's the same blood type.
The risks of your body rejecting the same blood type is less high then it rejecting a blood type which is capable with your blood type and your body will always reject a blood type which is not capable with yours.
Which is why doctors use people with the same blood type for blood transfusions.
It should also be mentioned that most people have a positive blood type about 80% depending on country the most common blood types O+ which is carried by about 35% of the populations tho there are country's where this is almost 50%.
The lean common blood type is AB- which is carried by about 1% of the population and in Hong Kong it's even at 0.05% of the population.
In other words if you have a positive blood type it's easier to find a donor that for those with a negative blood type.
Aug 7, 2012 11:01 AM

Jul 2012
Aversa said:
The blood type was partly right but they didn't take positive and negative into account.
Right, which I think they intentionally didn't want to get in-depth or too serious about it. They just want to joke about blood type and personality (which is so damn true for Kyokorin.)

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 7, 2012 1:52 PM

Jan 2009
Best episode in a while. Mirakurun is the best.
Aug 7, 2012 2:22 PM
Dec 2007
Wordsmith said:

And it wasn't even supposed to be ero. Chinatsu just said it without consciously trying to be ero...
Aug 7, 2012 3:40 PM
Oct 2010
ymhr6 said:
i just realized something, there's no males in this anime, not even at the comic market

Onyxthegreat said:
It just occured to me that it's a comic conventions with girls only. IRL it's generally mostly guys. I've seen no guys in this anime ever. xD

I sat wondering about what kind of alternate universe they live in where there are no sweaty male otakus at com(i/u)ket. well there are no males in their universe at all as already pointed out.
Children probably come with the stork in Yuriyuri land.

(I think I read somewhere that there were a brother in the serialization but that got changed to a sister in the tankoubons, so they are definitely extinguished, now.)
Aug 7, 2012 4:24 PM

Oct 2011
gregthemaniac said:
I sat wondering about what kind of alternate universe they live in where there are no sweaty male otakus at com(i/u)ket. well there are no males in their universe at all as already pointed out.
Children probably come with the stork in Yuriyuri land.

(I think I read somewhere that there were a brother in the serialization but that got changed to a sister in the tankoubons, so they are definitely extinguished, now.)

In S1 there are but I had to check it.
We can see Yui's father and also hear Akari's
not to mention some crowd.
Stil probably rest of guys was exterminated by Chinatsu as way of capturing Yui's attention :)

Ahh... that brother is Akari's sister :) and I like it this way
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

robokai - Aug 13, 2012

148 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 17, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 30, 2012

123 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 15, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 17, 2012

194 by devil1001 »»
Jul 26, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kuuderes_shadow - Sep 10, 2012

188 by devil1001 »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:21 AM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri ♪♪ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Sep 3, 2012

110 by Michi00_ »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.