Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 28, 2012 7:52 PM

Aug 2011
I liked the episode, but I think that it shouldn't have wasted so much time with lemons lol.

Overall a great episode, especially Aomine's animation.
Jul 28, 2012 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
RIP Kagami's ankles. He could use some of this.

Jul 28, 2012 8:07 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit this episode was fucking awesome. I had to rewatch the street ball moves Aomine did at the end.

Seirin is done they are not winning this match.
Jul 28, 2012 8:16 PM

Jul 2012
Aomine is beast.

On a side note, the lemons part was funny stuff xD
Jul 28, 2012 8:32 PM

Mar 2011
this show never fail to amaze me
Jul 28, 2012 8:38 PM

Jul 2012
Contrails said:

Thank you this put me to tears lol
Jul 28, 2012 8:40 PM

May 2012
Damn, Aomine's more than a monster .___.
And my heart stopped at that preview; 93 to 53?!
But if Kagami can jump Papa Sshfeoiwje and Midorima's shots, I feel like a miracle's gonna happen once Kuroko gets back in!
Jul 28, 2012 8:47 PM

May 2011
No Miracles this time, face the harsh reality of Aomine, SEIRIN! Is it bad that I'm feeling a bit too happy at their misfortune?

Aomine is playing in base right now too, just wait until he unleashes his resurreccion, not that he needs it though. I swear Kagami saw some Sonido's too, I'll have to go back and re-watch it for a 3rd time just to make sure. ^^
--
I feel no need in trying to explain such lame jokes but here it is any way... LoL
Kayaba-Jul 28, 2012 8:51 PM
Jul 28, 2012 8:56 PM

Jul 2010
Contrails said:

Ok, i lol'd hard.
Jul 28, 2012 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
Ah totally agree on the animation for Aomine, absolutely amazing o_o I cant stop watching the ending! The street ball part, awesome >> http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7w0mrfytJ1qic25lo1_500.gif

And realizing he was gonna shoot from behind the board, wow :o this episode was pretty exciting, makes me wonder how Kagami and Kuroko are gonna pull through :3

Aaagh I dont see how Im gonna wait till next week to see epi 18 though T_T seeing more of Aomines moves animated will be awesome~
Jul 28, 2012 9:46 PM

Jul 2010
Like everybody's been saying so far, this episode was amazing! It was kinda depressing watching Aomine own the court though. T_T Kuroko with the lemon in his mouth was super adorable. XD

Even though the outcome of the game is pretty inevitable, the preview destroyed any remaining hope I had for a comeback. :( I thought maybe the score gap would decrease once Kuroko is back in the game, but with Seirin being 40 points behind during the last few minutes I guess it's going to remain one-sided throughout.

The animation quality this episode was excellent though and I can't wait for next week to see how Kuroko and Kagami work together against Aomine!
Jul 28, 2012 10:00 PM

Jun 2011
This episode raised the ranking up to #54. Aomine is a damn beast! <3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 28, 2012 10:39 PM

Oct 2011
This episode was intense. Aomine's play... In the manga it was awesome, but seeing it in the anime is completely different... It's really, so much better. This was really fantastic!!
Can't wait for more. Aomine rocks!!
Jul 28, 2012 10:43 PM

Feb 2012
I think some of you might be a little dumb...

Why would they show the scoreboard (with such a huge score gap) in the preview if there weren't some sort of twist to it? I feel like the intention was to make it seem like they were most likely going to lose, thus giving the ending of the episode a bigger aspect of surprise.

Just sayin...
Jul 28, 2012 10:53 PM

Oct 2008
jimjameswhatever said:

Why would they show the scoreboard (with such a huge score gap) in the preview if there weren't some sort of twist to it? I feel like the intention was to make it seem like they were most likely going to lose, thus giving the ending of the episode a bigger aspect of surprise.

Just sayin...

The way I see it, Seirin will lose, but Kuroko and Kagami will properly score on Aomine at least once, leaving him surprised, which will undoubtedly return his love for basketball again. There is no way in hell that they will be able to score around 40 points on Aomine in the last 5 minutes. That's way too insane even for this show.
Jul 28, 2012 11:07 PM

Feb 2012
Knave said:
jimjameswhatever said:

Just sayin...

The way I see it, Seirin will lose, but Kuroko and Kagami will properly score on Aomine at least once, leaving him surprised, which will undoubtedly return his love for basketball again. There is no way in hell that they will be able to score around 40 points on Aomine in the last 5 minutes. That's way too insane even for this show.

Yeah that makes more sense. That's kinda what I meant by "twist."
Jul 29, 2012 1:48 AM

Mar 2011
Damnit it was good ep and Aomine is a fcking monster.
Jul 29, 2012 1:59 AM
Apr 2010
Am I the only one who doesn't like Aomine? I have to admit though, the shot from behind the backboard was sick. Felt like there was a bit too much time over sliced and non-sliced lemons. Thank god that Seirin are losing though, Kagami with busted legs/ankles shouldn't beat a superior Touou outfit, and I'm glad the anime is going that way (seeing as there was the 93-53 scoreline in the preview).
Jul 29, 2012 2:02 AM

Sep 2011
BADASS AHOMINE YESSSSSSSS that behind-the-basket shoot was epic!

man i've just realized it. Aomine's coach is damn HOT *Q*
Jul 29, 2012 2:37 AM

Nov 2009
what "coach" are you talking about :-? ... the pink hair girl is his manager, not coach!
Jul 29, 2012 2:43 AM

Sep 2011
Vforvendetta said:
what "coach" are you talking about :-? ... the pink hair girl is his manager, not coach!

no not Momoi. this one :3 http://myanimelist.net/character/53569/Katsunori_Harasawa
Jul 29, 2012 3:35 AM

Oct 2010
Hekshi_Sekshi said:
Vforvendetta said:

no not Momoi. this one :3 http://myanimelist.net/character/53569/Katsunori_Harasawa

Yeah he's been referred to as "hot coach" by several characters in the manga.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Jul 29, 2012 4:55 AM

Sep 2008
I hate this show, I hate it with passion! It's too fast! And by that, I want to say it ends way too fast. Just as I sit down and start enjoying the epicness of it it ends. Seriously, make it longer. 2 or 3 times as long would suffice I think.

I'm also in love with Aomine, that guy is beyond great. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 29, 2012 6:41 AM

Aug 2011
Dang, I really can't see how exactly Seirin will win this match. But they probably will pull off something amazing with both Kuroko and Kagami in the 4th quarter, so I'm really looking forward to that. Plus, I think this anime will get a second season since it's been selling quite well...
Jul 29, 2012 7:34 AM

Jul 2011
itsvero said:
Dang, I really can't see how exactly Seirin will win this match. But they probably will pull off something amazing with both Kuroko and Kagami in the 4th quarter, so I'm really looking forward to that. Plus, I think this anime will get a second season since it's been selling quite well...

But as we can see from the preview, it's just impossible to replace 50 points in just one quarter.
For sure, the next episode will me make angry.
ainkyJul 29, 2012 7:52 AM
Jul 29, 2012 8:14 AM

Jul 2012
bonifide said:
Aomine crossovers are nice but when he tried to do AND 1 moves they looked like shit. Maybe the anime team should had looked at Buzzer Beater for some basketball animation moves.

@Vforvendetta

Naw Aomine reminds me nothing like Derrick Rose. I just wish the animated the moves better when he tried to do street ball moves aka AND 1 moves.

I wonder how many of you are real basketball fans and actually seen street ball moves. Yeah i know its an anime im just saying.

Lol i know, he's no hot sauce either but at least someone can crossover in this anime....i think they tried to copy a little of derrick rose speed though but everyone knows derrick rose doesn't have much of a crossover...so maybe allen iverson?? but Aomine is turning out to be my favorite character and if Kuroko actually tried to practice a crossover he could be like steve nash you can only go so
far by passing only I know Kuroko suppose to be an assist player but still
Jul 29, 2012 8:39 AM

May 2012
Favourite episode so far! The bit where Kagami realises Aomine is doing street ball & falls on his ass was good x)
Jul 29, 2012 9:48 AM

Sep 2008

Which part of "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE." isn't clear?

Sigh...

nina4lifeJul 29, 2012 10:54 AM
Jul 29, 2012 11:32 AM

Oct 2010
Su-37 said:
bonifide said:
Aomine crossovers are nice but when he tried to do AND 1 moves they looked like shit. Maybe the anime team should had looked at Buzzer Beater for some basketball animation moves.

@Vforvendetta

Naw Aomine reminds me nothing like Derrick Rose. I just wish the animated the moves better when he tried to do street ball moves aka AND 1 moves.

I wonder how many of you are real basketball fans and actually seen street ball moves. Yeah i know its an anime im just saying.

Lol i know, he's no hot sauce either but at least someone can crossover in this anime....i think they tried to copy a little of derrick rose speed though but everyone knows derrick rose doesn't have much of a crossover...so maybe allen iverson?? but Aomine is turning out to be my favorite character and if Kuroko actually tried to practice a crossover he could be like steve nash you can only go so
Su-37 said:
bonifide said:

@Vforvendetta

Yeah your right he tried to do Hot Sauce moves but failed. TBH i dont know who they tried to copy maybe it was a little Allen Iverson. I see you said the samething ive been saying Kuroko needs to learn some crossovers. He doesnt have to learn hot to shoot but he should know how to to basics like a lay up at least. Thats why i cant take him serious. Aomine is my favorite player so far though.
Jul 29, 2012 1:10 PM

Jul 2012
I mean Kuroko is the team's point guard right? With his size he should be a decent ball handler because he's low to the ground making it harder for someone to steal the ball he doesn't even attempt and i laughed when Kagami said that Aomine is better than any American player he's ever seen.....he obviously didn't stay in America long....and Kagami jumping from the free throw line....bs he's no michael jordan. Sure there are few players that can dunk from free throw line players in Cali and here in Florida have player capable of doing that but I want to see them actually practice ....i didn't get my moves without practicing lol i guess i expect to much from this anime
Jul 29, 2012 1:20 PM
Apr 2012
Su-37 said:
I mean Kuroko is the team's point guard right? With his size he should be a decent ball handler because he's low to the ground making it harder for someone to steal the ball he doesn't even attempt and i laughed when Kagami said that Aomine is better than any American player he's ever seen.....he obviously didn't stay in America long....and Kagami jumping from the free throw line....bs he's no michael jordan. Sure there are few players that can dunk from free throw line players in Cali and here in Florida have player capable of doing that but I want to see them actually practice ....i didn't get my moves without practicing lol i guess i expect to much from this anime

Jumping is Kagami's talent if you haven't already noticed, it's been mentioned a bunch of times by the way. Americans are great at basketball but it doesn't mean a Non-American person can't surpass them, just look at Dirk Nowitzki.

Plus this is fiction man, you're thinking way hard into this. It also seems like you're ignoring everything mentioned about Kuroko's abilities, and his position is not Point Guard (wasn't mentioned yet), Seirin's PG is Izuki.
Jul 29, 2012 1:23 PM

Oct 2010
Su-37 said:

Yeah i think we expect so much because there aint many basketball animes. Slam Dunk is cool but i like Buzzer Beater more You do notice there aint any americans playing they got dude from Africa that one game. You know most of Africans are good at blocking look at Dikembe Mutombo. I do notice Aomine look like he's light skinned lmao.

Mappek said:

Jumping is Kagami's talent if you haven't already noticed, it's been mentioned a bunch of times by the way. Americans are great at basketball but it doesn't mean a Non-American person can't surpass them, just look at Dirk Nowitzki.

Plus this is fiction man, you're thinking way hard into this. It also seems like you're ignoring everything mentioned about Kuroko's abilities, and his position is not Point Guard (wasn't mentioned yet), Seirin's PG is Izuki.

Dirk isnt even all that name somebody he surpassed. Kevin Durant is better than Dirk in all ways. Dirk as no defense.

Yeah it is fiction but when you love basketball a lot you cant help but compare. Kuroko should still be able have the basic skills of dribbling no matter how you put it. Even if he's a shooting guard. Hell you mentioned Dirk look at how tall he is but he got basic dribbling. I just want Kuroko to learn lay ups and at least know how to dribble some. The ghost passing is getting pretty annoying and it seems like Kagami is the only one growing on the team.
bonifideJul 29, 2012 1:26 PM
Jul 29, 2012 1:43 PM
Apr 2012
bonifide said:
Dirk isnt even all that name somebody he surpassed. Kevin Durant is better than Dirk in all ways. Dirk as no defense.

Yeah it is fiction but when you love basketball a lot you cant help but compare. Kuroko should still be able have the basic skills of dribbling no matter how you put it. Even if he's a shooting guard. Hell you mentioned Dirk look at how tall he is but he got basic dribbling. I just want Kuroko to learn lay ups and at least know how to dribble some. The ghost passing is getting pretty annoying and it seems like Kagami is the only one growing on the team.

You call him nothing now, but he was something before Oklahoma's rise to prominence.

The fact is, Kuroko doesn't specialize in driving and doing lay-ups, he learns something else later on which is basic that I'm not going to spoil. Any way he is great at passing, so he chooses not to dribble, It's not that he can't. Just keep watching man, I'm not going to spoil anything about the other regulars' growth.
Jul 29, 2012 4:53 PM

Jan 2011
GOD DAYUM....KAGAMI got sauced the fuck up with those crossovers and spinmoves. AO's handles are fucking insane. Don't see no way how Serin can pull this one out, their opponent is just too damn good.
Jul 29, 2012 5:26 PM

Apr 2012
OMG! The match is 93 to 53 in the preview for Touou and it's the fourth quarter. i think they are going to lose( I hope not)
episode:5/5
Anime: 9/10
Jul 29, 2012 7:09 PM

Feb 2012
I was prepared for the loss, but that preview slightly killed the next episode for me anyway...

Anyway, i must be missing something because i've seen street ball before, and compared to the very few official games i've watched (or parts of them at least) they don't look that different. Aside from the aggressiveness.

Aomine i don't like you.
VyudaliJul 29, 2012 7:17 PM
Jul 30, 2012 12:23 AM

Jan 2008
Aomine is like a Stephon Marbury/Steve Francis type.

Jul 30, 2012 2:33 AM

Nov 2011
Street Ball

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 30, 2012 6:00 AM

May 2010
Lol kise calls aomine as aominecchi too.
Jul 30, 2012 6:28 AM

May 2012
itsvero said:
Plus, I think this anime will get a second season since it's been selling quite well...

Wow! That's good news then. I really hope they will have a second season.
Jul 30, 2012 6:48 AM

May 2010
Lol,I love Kuroko.When all of the other seirin players' faces are like this -o- after seeing aomine's plays.,his face is like this -_-,totally composed.On the other "Bakagami" is like "Come at me"
Jul 30, 2012 9:37 AM

May 2011
Scariest thing about Aomine playing like that is that he's a POWER FORWARD, LoL.

He really is a one-man team though, kind of sad. I wish he had a trustworthy player on his team he could share the ball with and develop some amazing combos. I'd like to see him grow and develop as a person as time goes on too. Hopefully while "bonding" with Momoi ^^.

Not changing the fact that he's already my favourite in the show though, definitely an all time favourite as well, top 20 would suffice, for now.
Kayaba-Jul 30, 2012 9:52 AM
Jul 30, 2012 6:59 PM

Jul 2009
Waaaa ! Aomine wa sugeee *____*
The basketball he plays is so cool =D
Jul 30, 2012 7:04 PM
Dec 2010
Loved the pace of this match.
Jul 30, 2012 10:27 PM

Oct 2007
This makes me want to see him playing with kuroko in their middle school days :O
Jul 30, 2012 10:43 PM

Jul 2012
Oh Myyyy <3 !! Aomine is really cool .. and awesome ..and cool and amazing .. and hot and a monster .. so strong !! and so cool ... *O*
Jul 30, 2012 11:00 PM
May 2012
This could be a mark for 1st loss for Team Kuroko (Seirin) next ep...
Jul 30, 2012 11:46 PM

Jul 2012
JeffreyZin said:
This could be a mark for 1st loss for Team Kuroko (Seirin) next ep...

except when Kurokochii and Kagami do something super amazing counter attack *O*
can't wait for next episode <3
Jul 31, 2012 5:06 PM

Jul 2009
I like Aomine, but I want Kagami & Kuroko to take him down. (Even though it doesn't look likely.) Heck, even Aomine isn't happy with the way things are. It would be better for everybody if he lost.
Aug 2, 2012 7:35 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, Aomine has some awesome Agility right there.
Street baseball? Interesting.
Now the preview looks promising:
93 vs 53 with only 5 min and 46 secs remaining, Kagami is going mad too.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

363 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

245 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Sep 8, 2012

116 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fiji - Sep 1, 2012

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 2, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Itami - Aug 25, 2012

111 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.