Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (39) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2008 9:11 AM

Feb 2008
I'm pleased with the finale, though they did a lot of stuff out, which should have been shown/answered.
Lelouch's death was predictable, but I was surprised by the fact he was killed by Suzaku.

It was nice to see that Kallen still had feelings for Lelouch (and I'm glad they didn't hook her up with Gino =P).
Also, a big lol@ Orange-kun's orange farm xD
Sep 28, 2008 9:14 AM

Mar 2008
Kayro said:

It was nice to see that Kallen still had feelings for Lelouch (and I'm glad they didn't hook her up with Gino =P).

agreed ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2008 9:16 AM

Nov 2007
you know you wantl Code Geass R3, where Lelouch fails at farm chores and tries to use his geass on cows and chickens while C.C laughs at him. more hijinx ensues when Jeremiah shows up for a random visit with oranges and de geasses the farm animals.
Sep 28, 2008 9:19 AM
Jun 2008
3/5. copout ending is a copout.

it had a good concept but should have either taken place over a few more episodes or have been an hour special like the first season.

it felt kind of rushed, nowhere near as great as the first season's ending. in fact, other than ridiculous sunrise trainwreck status, this season takes away a markedly lower scoring in my book. it was fun, but only in a "so nonsensical it's awesome" sort of way. also, I'm fairly certain lelouch survived -- C.C probably gave him his code before he died.

and am I the only one who got spice and wolf vibes at the end? they should totally make an OVA where lelouch and C.C go around selling shit while travelling around in a cart throwing sexual innuendos at each other. now THAT would be a good end
Sep 28, 2008 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
Not sure if anyone realized or not, but Lelouch *is* still alive, and this is most likely because he was given his father's code (see this link: http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2008/09/code-geass-r2-25-so-is-lelouch-dead-or-not/ ). An overall great conclusion to a very engrossing show.

~Alexius
Sep 28, 2008 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
I was fine with the ending until the lame ass montage at the end. Overall R2 was pretty good, but it was quite a bit of fan service, and I think the first season was much better done. It is kind of annoying that it's become the new show that it's cool to hate on now though, it was entertaining and fast paced, with relatively little filler. Good stuff all around.
Sep 28, 2008 9:25 AM
Mar 2008
Lelouch is not dead.

Evidence, at the end C.C. says:

The power of the kings, called Geass, isolates people.

And then: "Hehe, maybe it isn't really like that, right, Lelouch?"

She probably means that he isn't alone, because they are together.

KrylonBlue said:
Terrible end to a terrible series.

I can now finally wash my hands with this series.

Excuse me, but you are just an idiot. I'd accept that you don't give it a 10, but giving a 1?
WishySep 28, 2008 9:31 AM
Sep 28, 2008 9:31 AM

Mar 2008
Wishy said:
Lelouch is not dead.

that depends on how people perceive it... though I agree with you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2008 9:34 AM
Jun 2008
hmm i smell a "cover-up" besides i was just checking others forums sayin lelouch might be alive besides c2 did said his name in that wagon?

speaking of wagon unless lelouch pull a "Craft Lawrence" http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t...ft_and_Holo.jpg since they have same seiyu.

& what now a suzaku/zero really look like nothing can kill suzaku's geass live.

also maybe some "other" people know about "secret" of the lelou-zaku's "zero "re:"uiem secret".

cause the "re:"al truth is out there & maybe when i check it in sub & soon dub in 09 maybe more answers will be reveal.

i know there some answers/truth still a mystery yet to be solved???

& maybe sign of r3 or ova or spinoff/prequal or even movie well i say Goro TANIGUCHI & Ichiro OKOUCHI anime fans will be watching & if ya end up like this guy http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...eople.php?id=15 unless revive/rebuild geass???
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 28, 2008 9:34 AM

Oct 2007
I loved the ending!~
Now...what was C.C's real name? >.<
Sep 28, 2008 9:38 AM

Apr 2007
woooh this was just epic. A great ending for a great show!
Also gotta admit that I'm relieved this whole "omg wtf?! cliffhanger!" every sunday has finally ended.
all hail lelouch!

Sep 28, 2008 9:39 AM

Aug 2008
mxchael said:
Beautiful ending, couldn't been better in my opinion. 10/10, for this season too.
ME TOO..1O/1O..OF COURSE
Sep 28, 2008 9:40 AM
Aug 2008
kaminakun said:
Wishy said:
Lelouch is not dead.

that depends on how people perceive it... though I agree with you

This sentence reminds me of the ending of Death Note: Genshi Suru Kami. "Isn't that right, Light?" or something like that, but he seemed to be speaking to himself. C.C. not x3

Finally we have Code Geass (the code of immortality) R2 (R.R. > L.L.?)
Sep 28, 2008 9:40 AM

Jul 2008
Alexius said:
Not sure if anyone realized or not, but Lelouch *is* still alive, and this is most likely because he was given his father's code (see this link: http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2008/09/code-geass-r2-25-so-is-lelouch-dead-or-not/ ). An overall great conclusion to a very engrossing show.

~Alexius

That was already mentioned a few times in this thread, the link was supplied as well =P Still, deserving of mention. That was... Rather interesting. It was about as good a conclusion as possible in my eyes, so I'm pretty happy. When you begin to look at the ending with Lelouch obtaining a Code, it kinda falls together. At least it did for me. In the end, it obviously falls into the lap of the user. Go-Go ambiguous endings.

I won't bother recapping anything else in this thread, as it's already been done at least a few times by now, however I will say that somehow my hate for everyone in this show was nullified. Maybe I'm just a softie. These endings just get me all emotional, first Macross and now this =(

Geass may have had it's flaws, but, I still whole heartedly enjoyed the show. As I sit here thinking, I hate to see it go, despite the fact I know it's time, and nigh impossible to continue. On the other side of the coin, it harkens the beginning of Gundam, which makes me ecstatic, so hopefully I'll see you all there next week!

PS: Shirley was awesome.

PPS: Lelouch is alive.

PPPS?: Fuck Ali Project. (the new thing to hate on!)
BakayaroSep 28, 2008 9:44 AM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Sep 28, 2008 9:41 AM

May 2007
like, one of the best shows I've seen. :v Too bad all the other chars are already forgotten by now.

Still a 10, anyway.
Sep 28, 2008 9:42 AM

Mar 2008
Gundam Triple O! Great ending, and so was Macross Frontier. All these new seasons are awesome except Zero no Tsukaima, which was fail. Now I can only hope for Shakugan no Shana 3.
Sep 28, 2008 9:44 AM

Dec 2007
Ending was pretty badass; better than I thought it was going to be. Even though it's a great series, I'm glad It's finally over. XD
Sep 28, 2008 9:44 AM

Aug 2008
I CAN SEE THAT LULU IS STIL ALIVE !! -MEANS 3RD SEASON???....(i know this is the end)
Sep 28, 2008 9:45 AM

Aug 2008
GUNDAM OO..UR NEXT!!
Sep 28, 2008 9:46 AM

Mar 2008
Alastor1996 said:
Gundam Triple O! Great ending, and so was Macross Frontier. All these new seasons are awesome except Zero no Tsukaima, which was fail. Now I can only hope for Shakugan no Shana 3.

lol Shana 3 won't be coming for another year I bet

screw that gundam Os, disgrace to the gundam franchise
Sep 28, 2008 9:46 AM

Jul 2007
This was actually a really satisfying ending. Of course the series has been pretty damn stupid a lot of the time, but they really managed to get the ending right on this one.
Sep 28, 2008 9:48 AM

Jun 2007
I get really tired about people complaining about the haters.
It seems that its perfectly fine to jump on the hype bandwagon, but dear god should you think otherwise. Hate or Love R2, give it a rest and lets just accept the fact that R2 caused a lot of mixed reactions.

Maybe its better that I waited a while before posting my thoughts on this. The episode itself wasn't bad really. Even though it was predictable as all hell, guess they tried their best to tie things up, and I'll give them credit for doing it the way they did. (though wth happened to schnitzel? he just follows orders the rest of his live?) But damnit it could have been SO MUCH MORE. If only they spend less time dicking around this season, and spend more time on the whole retribution thing, R2 might have been good. Now we get an ending to a series that pretends to be something its not. The story was not compelling and creative, it was a mixed mess of plot twists for the sake of plot twists. So many characters etc just got written out of the story in a bunch of seconds. While introducing new ones all the time. R2 should have build upon what season 1 left us with. They still had a LOT to work with. And true, they did build upon it a little bit, but with all the random crap they threw at us this season it was kinda hard to keep track of it all.

I was painful to watch everyone in the series go OH NO! LELOUCH IS THE DEVIL! Anyone with half a brain knew why he was doing the things he did (even though 90% of it WAS retarded.) I felt like watching a bunch of lemmings following each other into a cliff. Its obvious you're gonna die that way! Why not open your eyes and realize that!

R2 will go on to be a huge DVD and merchandise seller, and the C.C. Ending will give fanboys/girls plenty of room to speculate, which in time will lead to more spinoffs,OVA's and merchandise.

Once again, you don't HAVE to agree with me, If you enjoyed this show rate it a 10 for all I care, but for me R2 is just one big joke.
Sep 28, 2008 9:51 AM

Mar 2008
mulderman said:

Once again, you don't HAVE to agree with me, If you enjoyed this show rate it a 10 for all I care, but for me R2 is just one big joke.

a big joke that you watch every sunday (23 mins * 25 ep)... what a waste of your life
Sep 28, 2008 9:53 AM

May 2008
Most of the first half of this episode was pretty lame, outside of Nunnally chasing Lelouch in the wheel chair, only to fall down the stairs. The second half however...priceless. I could not stop laughing at how corny Lelouch's death scene was. Being stabbed by Suzero (huzzah for Suzaku not dying), only to fall down and leave a trail of blood on the Britannia flag was bad enough, but that leaves him in front of his crippled sister who he has chained up? Lulz were had and shall be had for generations to come.

As for whether Lelouch actually died...well it is Code Geass, a show too timid to kill off minor characters most of the time, so it's a possibility he didn't. I'll leave the speculating up to those who care.

Anyway, I have to say I found this series more entertaining than the first. Even more of a terrible mess, but an entertaining terrible mess. Thanks to that it gets the "Higurashi Bonus Point" for lulz factor which bumps it up to a 6/10.
Sep 28, 2008 9:54 AM

Jun 2007
kaminakun said:
mulderman said:

a big joke that you watch every sunday (23 mins * 25 ep)... what a waste of your life

That's because it was hilarious! for all the wrong reasons though.
Sep 28, 2008 9:57 AM

Sep 2008
mystik said:
you know you wantl Code Geass R3, where Lelouch fails at farm chores and tries to use his geass on cows and chickens while C.C laughs at him. more hijinx ensues when Jeremiah shows up for a random visit with oranges and de geasses the farm animals.

Best sequel ever.
Sep 28, 2008 10:00 AM

Mar 2008
Thespacepope said:
mystik said:

Best sequel ever.

I wonder if Geass works on animals... geass a female dog (ie. bithc) to f&#$ Kannon = LMAO
Sep 28, 2008 10:00 AM

Jul 2007
Very nice ep :)
Sep 28, 2008 10:05 AM
Sep 2008
It could have been worse if you compare it to other episodes of R2. I liked all the little one on one confrontations (although I really don't give a crap about Rivalz). The whole Suzaku killing Lelouch thing was a bit comedic to me, but still a bit sad seeing Lelouch just flip over and die.

I'd say R2 didn't come close to living up to the first season, or whatever the actual Geass was meant to be, but it wasn't an entire loss. The comedic value in it for me was just as good as the dramatic value season 1 had.

Also: Jeremiah and Anya working at the orange farm just completely wins. Best scene in both seasons combined. That scene alone forces me to bump it up to a 6.
Sep 28, 2008 10:06 AM

Apr 2008
I feel lame for crying, but I cried.

Damnnnn, you guys don't seem to like this show, but I sure did. Happy that Suzaku's not dead. Nunally crying over Lelouch was just painful, man. :( Depressing seeing all the characters all locked and tied up, getting ready to be excuted. Thought for sure Schneizel was gonna get killed, but he's just chillin' now, I guess. And Lelouch's dying in Suzaku's armmsss, and rubbing his blood on his Zero helmet--that sort of made me forgive Lelouch's doucheyness.

lol@Jeremiah and Anya's ORANGE FARM DESU

GREATSHOWWW. Now I have nothing to look forward in the week. Dammit!

hopeyourtheoriesaretrue. [:
ummyeahSep 28, 2008 10:14 AM
Sep 28, 2008 10:07 AM
Nov 2007

if only :\
Sep 28, 2008 10:09 AM
Jun 2008
GS_LC7 said:
hmm i smell a "cover-up" besides i was just checking others forums sayin lelouch might be alive besides c2 did said his name in that wagon?

speaking of wagon unless lelouch pull a "Craft Lawrence" http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t...ft_and_Holo.jpg since they have same seiyu.

also maybe some "other" people know about "secret" of the lelou-zaku's "zero "re:"uiem secret".

cause the "re:"al truth is out there & maybe when i check it in sub & soon dub in 09 maybe more answers will be reveal.

& maybe sign of r3 or ova or spinoff/prequal or even movie well i say Goro TANIGUCHI & Ichiro OKOUCHI anime fans will be watching & if ya end up like this guy http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...eople.php?id=15 unless revive/rebuild geass???

reason i quote my sayin is that maybe i'm right that all this was "COVER-UP" & nearly everyone was fooled & only a very few really knows the "re:"al truth of lelou-zaku's "sec"re:"t".

& if those 2 goro & ichiro pull another geass well YOU "RE:"ALLY GOT A LOT OF "RE:"AL TRUTH & EXPLAIN TO ALL FANS or else end up as this guy http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ople.php?id=15 doing of "re:"build/"re:"vive geass
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 28, 2008 10:13 AM

Jul 2007
Ok the ending was epic.I loved it and i couldnt care less about what ppl say.Especially like they guy KrylonBlue who doesnt do nothing but saying the show sucks.Yes sure dude we believe you :D Now 1 question that i didnt really got... Whos Annya really? I mean Orange gave her memory back but why shes still with him?
PS> Lelouch was epic taking all the hate in him :(
PS2> Thats what we call "kekaku dori" or "Just as planned" :D
Sep 28, 2008 10:15 AM

Jul 2008
crowslayer91 said:

if only :

/pet
/soothe

There, there. It'll be alright.

Oh, something worth noting(I think?), that crane beside C.C.? Yeah, Nunally taught Lelouch how to make those.

Dun dun dunnnnn....

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Sep 28, 2008 10:19 AM

Sep 2007
In the end, I can't help but like Lelouch. That was a great final episode.
Sep 28, 2008 10:19 AM
Sep 2008

Not gonna look to see if this was posted already.
Sep 28, 2008 10:20 AM

Nov 2007
REROUCH:(:(:(.
I have to agree, I went on withthe geas hate in the last 7-8 eps. it was ridiculous. But it was a good ending.
Poor Nunnaly:(.

Also, Arthur at Suzaku's grave was just, just, just...heartbreaking.
Sep 28, 2008 10:21 AM

Jul 2008
KrylonBlue said:
Code Geass is a fanservice show that pretends to be more than that, but fails in every aspect. Ugly clamp character designs to appeal to fujoshi, a plot that was obviously written on the fly, heavily influenced by what happens to be popular among their fanbase, a lackluster setting with a complete lack of research, - they even failed to get the rules of chess right even though they built up the whole fucking show around chess-metaphors.
Their goal is to sell DVDs and merchandise instead of telling story - and it shows.

Also i do not care what users like fai say.

You know I never really got interested in this but I WILL. I just want to say the comment above is true for fanservice cause I read the proof.

I do not know if it's true so YOU ALL TELL ME: Is there censoring or not in this series and the first one?

It looks good from what people are saying near the end of this series but I saw the DVD previews at sansaku complex and I WATCH THIS IN DVD FORMAT! Anyone going to resub the DVDs???
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 28, 2008 10:21 AM

Feb 2007
I think it is Lelouch there at the end, we get a glimpse of some dark hair under the mysterious driver's hat.

But great ending, sure the show really screwed up the plot in the middle but these last 2 episodes have managed to redeem itself.

And holy cow at the Kallen and Suzaku fight, I love how they got rid of all the gimmicks and went back to how they fought in season one.

Sep 28, 2008 10:23 AM
Jun 2008
GS_LC7 said:
GS_LC7 said:

reason i quote my sayin is that maybe i'm right that all this was "COVER-UP" & nearly everyone was fooled & only a very few really knows the "re:"al truth of lelou-zaku's "sec"re:"t".

& if those 2 goro & ichiro pull another geass well YOU "RE:"ALLY GOT A LOT OF "RE:"AL TRUTH & EXPLAIN TO ALL FANS or else end up as this guy http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ople.php?id=15 doing of "re:"build/"re:"vive geass

more info of my theroies oh come this all zero "whacked" is all an f'n ACT besides i even look at some parts at youtube like let see especially the part suzaku/zero jump the "orange" it look like a ACT besides i'm so sure as like a ticking time kaboom that lelouch's " whacked" is a m-f'n ACT COVER UP!!!
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
Sep 28, 2008 10:27 AM

Jan 2008
@teenage yaoi fans
Lulu is dead, accept it.

As for ending itself it is good but far from epic. As some people here or on other forums, it was fairly predictable and death of protagonist was just a matter of time. [7/10 - ending]

Overal, conclusion is satisfying but I can't shake the feeling that there could be fewer eps. Many episodes of R2 seem like fillers and don't have too much impact on the main plot whatsover. Cash whore is a cach whore, I guess.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Sep 28, 2008 10:31 AM

Sep 2008
kashim said:
@teenage yaoi fans
Lulu is dead, accept it.

As for ending itself it is good but far from epic. As some people here or on other forums, it was fairly predictable and death of protagonist was just a matter of time. [7/10 - ending]

Overal, conclusion is satisfying but I can't shake the feeling that there could be fewer eps. Many episodes of R2 seem like fillers and don't have too much impact on the main plot whatsover. Cash whore is a cach whore, I guess.

Only the last blu-ray dvd will confirm it.

I really wish Suzaku had died with Lancelot, it would have been an epic death.
Sep 28, 2008 10:31 AM

Apr 2007
ALI PROJECT RUINED MY GEASS ENDING!!!!!!!!!!! GRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! SOFT SENTIMENTAL FEELINGS INSTANTLY REPLACED WITH ANGER AND HATRED!!!!!!!! RAGE!!!!!! AGGGGRRRRRRRRHHHHAAA!!!!!!!!

* ahem *

I really dislike that ending theme and have since the first time I heard it.

Sep 28, 2008 10:32 AM

Mar 2008
kashim said:
@teenage yaoi fans
Lulu is dead, accept it.

have you read the evidence presented in anime-otaku's blog? taking things as is from the anime can be bad you know
Sep 28, 2008 10:34 AM

Jan 2008

Sep 28, 2008 10:35 AM
Jun 2008
GS_LC7 said:
GS_LC7 said:
GS_LC7 said:

more info of my theroies oh come this all zero "whacked" is all an f'n ACT besides i even look at some parts at youtube like let see especially the part suzaku/zero jump the "orange" it look like a ACT besides i'm so sure as like a ticking time kaboom that lelouch's " whacked" is a m-f'n ACT COVER UP!!!

my theroies just keep on going by checking those scene on youtube to pause, rewind, etc to solve

another mystery when nunnally touch lelouch showing some part include suzaku getting zero mask?!

this is all another plan of lelouch to have her touch him to understand.

& greatest of all mysteries WTF happen during all of those TIME SKIP during the part after lelouch-suzaku-c2 at world c then lelouch's emperor, & the f'n ACT of lelouch's "whack" those TIME SKIP ARE REALLY HIDING TOO MUCH "SEC"RE:"T"

those TIME SKIP really hold some mysteries & if this keep hey i might think go find goro & ichiro to explain the "re:"al truth cause now it's just totally a mystery.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD

Jun 2008
I was pretty sad to see Lelouch go but this ending is a perfect one. I had started with giving the show a 9 then -2'd it for all the bullshit but then I +3'd. But, it really isn't a masterpiece so I'll go with a 9.

Granted, this is probably one of the best endings I've ever seen. But, all that stuff in between was just too much. I don't even blame the writers, though. They did a great job but I suppose they had to make sure it was 25 episodes?

If they were allowed to just go with like 20 or something they could have cut out a lot of stuff and it would probably be like a masterpiece >_>.

Really satisfactory ending.

That said, 00 better not be anything like this...
hznuSep 28, 2008 10:43 AM

Jan 2008
Cried. Can't really say anything more. Nunnallys voice actor is awesome and...
ALL HAIL LELOUCH
Making the world go 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 since 1990.
Sep 28, 2008 10:39 AM

Apr 2008
O M G Christian reference.

Though him falling on the ground was my favourite part. And at least Nunally doesn't suck as much as Nia.
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Sep 28, 2008 10:40 AM

Jan 2008
have you read the evidence presented in anime-otaku's blog? taking things as is from the anime can be bad you know

It is indirectly applied from the course of events and 'philosophy' of the series. Otherwise, scenario writer doesn't know when to stop with ressurecting characters one after another.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Pages (39) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

430 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 10:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.