Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2012 10:14 AM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
To further argue this I would have to say the Alexander's powers comes much more Noble in gathering his army VS Archer's powers come from stolen treasures that have Nobility for they were never really fashioned by Gilgamesh. Rather stolen and no stealing in true sense is anything Noble even in taking it from defeated enemies. Alexander in fact had some Noble ways of paying respect to his men that have died upon their burial. Gilgamesh would merely spit and insult his defeated opponents. Well IMO that is. Hence a small upstanding I have against Gilgamesh. Moreover I am very CON for Gilgamesh and in fact wished Alexander won over him.

Jun 9, 2012 10:22 AM
Sep 2010
Yooo episode 24 better have the greatest Kiritsugu/Kirei fight ever! Episode 23 was sickkkkkkkkk
Jun 9, 2012 10:25 AM

Apr 2012
dankickyou said:
Rider never got a chance to play video games with Waver...Isn't is sad?

My thoughts exactly. Anyways, all my feelings between the friendship of Rider and Waver. They were really my favorite team, to be honest. The graphics for this episode were top-notch, especially the part were Gilgamesh takes out Ea.

黒子のバスケ, こうすけ@ついった
Jun 9, 2012 10:30 AM

Oct 2010
thesnnitro said:
Yumekichi11 said:
To further argue this I would have to say the Alexander's powers comes much more Noble in gathering his army VS Archer's powers come from stolen treasures that have Nobility for they were never really fashioned by Gilgamesh. Rather stolen and no stealing in true sense is anything Noble even in taking it from defeated enemies. Alexander in fact had some Noble ways of paying respect to his men that have died upon their burial. Gilgamesh would merely spit and insult his defeated opponents. Well IMO that is. Hence a small upstanding I have against Gilgamesh. Moreover I am very CON for Gilgamesh and in fact wished Alexander won over him.

You may perhaps have good PRO points but those treasured weapons really come from him? Or once again he defeated Gods to get them? Since I assume Gods were defeated to claim those weapons then perhaps I cannot agree of his ways with such weapons using the weapon of another defeated may be noble in certain code of conducts but I don't see it noble at all as a code of conduct itself.

For me it's far more noble to bury the person with their weapon.
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Gil's treasures are his NP that's the whole point.It's his accomplishment as the oldest king(in FSN,FZ that is).And to be more accurate most of the NP we see other Heroic Spirits carry come from Gil's Vault or were made according to the legends of the weapons Gil has( like Excalibur).So it would be more accurate to say that his weapons were stolen not the other way around.Then again only with Enkidu and Ea he still is way more powerful than other servants.GoB is just to show off his power as the King.
But then how were they stolen? Other than perhaps it being a punishment to go against the Gods, I see nothing more of it. The weapons were originally belonging not to him but were given and hence can be taken back.

Anyway I won't go further. I just have this concept philosophy over Gil being lame and being negative towards him. Sry, my hatred is like that towards him.
Yumekichi11Jun 9, 2012 10:35 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 9, 2012 10:31 AM

Mar 2009
Damnit, I admit the episode was great, but I sort of expected something more from Enuma Elish unleashing than several seconds of spinning and a nonchalant swing. I mean, Excalibur had a sequence for almost a five minutes before unleashing, so I sort of hopped for at least a bit more build up.

On the other hand, we got a great animation of Gate's key.
Jun 9, 2012 10:51 AM

Mar 2011
DAT EA

This is what happen when King of Heroes fight seriously. Damn.

I was not ready. So GLORIOUS.

BGM this ep was aswsome.

RIDER man.. Even I knew it was coming I still felt overwhelming... It'll take a while to get over this for sure -__-

And Waver got approved by 2 Kings that night. He has officially became a man.

(will comment about Berserker vs Saber later as I'm still recovering from the epicness)
Jun 9, 2012 10:56 AM

Aug 2011
I crey. So fucking hard. Rider was easily one of the best characters on the show. I liked what they did with Waver, making him Rider's retainer so that he wouldn't be killed as well. Is this the first time we've seen Gilgamesh's Noble Phantasm? It was extremely OP. So glad Saber finally got a reality check with Lancelot being Berserker. It was a plot twist, but I kinda got the feeling that it was only made so Saber could have character development.

Wait... I heard Irisviel's voice at the end. Next episode seems to be finally the showdown of Kotomine and Kiritsugu.

And yay possible double episode!
Jun 9, 2012 10:56 AM

Mar 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
stAtic91 said:
I'm guessing the person who rated this a 1/5 is butthurt that Rider died?
I don't know about that but I am butthurt that Rider lost indeed. Hence my notation of taking Archer's sword for Magical Girl Wand to magically swung open a Deus Ex machina portal of disruption to win easily.

Ridiculous! Archer is OVER POWERED! Plain and simple.

Gilgamesh is the oldest heroic spirit, it's only fair that he's the STRONGEST.
You sound like someone who doesn't know about Fate series at all seriously. EA has always been Gilgamesh's greatest treasure as it's the ONLY Anti-World NP in this war, he didn't "swung open a Deus Ex machina". It's called "Anti-World" for a reason.
Jun 9, 2012 10:57 AM
Oct 2010
epic as fuckkkkk. finally knowing who berserker was and sabers reaction was fantastic. the archer/rider fight was epicly aweseom too. gilgamesh FTW. did cry tho. waver/rider f0 lyfe
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 9, 2012 10:58 AM

Jan 2011
when the dream ends.. the harsh reality overtakes..
Jun 9, 2012 11:00 AM

Aug 2011
dankickyou said:
Rider never got a chance to play video games with Waver...Isn't is sad?

Well, a part of the LN:

It's one of my favorite parts of F/Z and I sure hope that this scene won't be cut out..
Jun 9, 2012 11:04 AM

Jan 2010
Gilgamesh acknowledged Rider and praised Velvet Waver's loyalty. He's not that bad of a character, isn't he?..

And about those weapons, Gilgamesh owns them according to the VN.. but he's not a "user", he's just the owner of these weapons but he doesn't know how to use all of those weapons well, the only weapon he truly has is EA which is basically the strongest noble phantasm.

Two more episodes to go. Just a couple of fights left, Kirei vs. Kiritsugu, Berserker vs. Saber and Saber vs. Gilgamesh.. and we're back to Fate/Stay Night.. Hope they animate the Heaven's Feel route :D.
Jun 9, 2012 11:11 AM

Apr 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
thesnnitro said:
Yumekichi11 said:

You may perhaps have good PRO points but those treasured weapons really come from him? Or once again he defeated Gods to get them? Since I assume Gods were defeated to claim those weapons then perhaps I cannot agree of his ways with such weapons using the weapon of another defeated may be noble in certain code of conducts but I don't see it noble at all as a code of conduct itself.

ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Gil's treasures are his NP that's the whole point.It's his accomplishment as the oldest king(in FSN,FZ that is).And to be more accurate most of the NP we see other Heroic Spirits carry come from Gil's Vault or were made according to the legends of the weapons Gil has( like Excalibur).So it would be more accurate to say that his weapons were stolen not the other way around.Then again only with Enkidu and Ea he still is way more powerful than other servants.GoB is just to show off his power as the King.
But then how were they stolen? Other than perhaps it being a punishment to go against the Gods, I see nothing more of it. The weapons were originally belonging not to him but were given and hence can be taken back.

Anyway I won't go further. I just have this concept philosophy over Gil being lame and being negative towards him. Sry, my hatred is like that towards him.

Gilgamesh IS the oldest heroic spirit and that alone guarantee him a top seat in terms of power within Nasuverse. All of his treasures are representations of HIS heroic deeds. There's a reason why in F/SN Nasu continuously emphasized that he is the original. If anything, the other heroic spirits' weapons are "children" of weapons from GOB, based on Gilgamesh's tales and treasures stolen from the GOB.

But all of that is not important. The important part is that Gil and Iskander had a glorious fight and they respected the fuck out of each other. So why would you tarnish this fight with meaningless hatred?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 9, 2012 11:12 AM

Apr 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

Yumekichi11 said:

We don't know exactly where he got the weapons from, but as far as the Epic of Gilgamesh goes, he was a hero that traveled around everywhere. Maybe he found some, maybe he took some (Mesopotamians conquered each other every other day). The gods also even gave him a few weapons. That said, siding with the Mesopotamian gods? The ones that created mankind to be a slave race? Those selfish man-children make Gilgamesh look like the kindest, most noble person ever to walk the earth. There's a reason why Gilgamesh is alone and doesn't have his "one comrade."

...Also uh

Alexander is the King of Conquerors. He may not ride into battle with other's weapons, but he sure as hell took other people's stuff.

Trenerka said:
Damnit, I admit the episode was great, but I sort of expected something more from Enuma Elish unleashing than several seconds of spinning and a nonchalant swing. I mean, Excalibur had a sequence for almost a five minutes before unleashing, so I sort of hopped for at least a bit more build up.

On the other hand, we got a great animation of Gate's key.
This. I knew this would happen, but it was still disappointing. I could've sworn Rider got hit by Gate of Babylon more than twice in the novels too. Oh well, at least we got the Reality Marble crumbling, and Gilgamesh's conversation with Waver. Great episode otherwise though, Gilgamesh and Alexander were at their best here, and delicious Saber despair.

Also lol, Saber vs Archer
Jun 9, 2012 11:17 AM

Jan 2009
The jaw dropping visuals are even more over the top this episode. My mind was epicly blown by the appearance of Ea, completely fitting of the creation star which sunders heaven and earth.

Gil really loves making people think they have a chance of killing him doesn't he? He does the good ol' enkidu to lancer and berserker in FSN and now to rider.
Jun 9, 2012 11:20 AM

Apr 2012
halberdiers said:
The jaw dropping visuals are even more over the top this episode. My mind was epicly blown by the appearance of Ea, completely fitting of the creation star which sunders heaven and earth.

Gil really loves making people think they have a chance of killing him doesn't he? He does the good ol' enkidu to lancer and berserker in FSN and now to rider.

He never used Enkidu on Cu Chulainn
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 9, 2012 11:31 AM

Apr 2008
It was the scene I was expecting more of the LN and the anime did it well.

Again, we see the extended power of Gilgamesh. It remains the most powerful and Retera the world of Fate. (Well, except Nasu that does not use the potential and makes it weaker in FSN (VN). Finally it was he who wrote the story.) `

Jun 9, 2012 11:38 AM

Jun 2008
In the novel actually i think that Gil has even a better attitude towards Rider than the anime, because Rider was the only servant that Gil respected in the entire Fate universe. It was an honor to Gil to be able to kill a king like Rider, to whom he considered not a mongrel but a king. Besides he spared Waver´s life as a way to show his respect to Rider.

I dont think he stole anything. It is cited on Epic of Gilgamesh that he had several craftsman. If Gae Bolg was on his treasury, probably it was made on Uruk not on Ireland, and only after came to Lancer. If he did steal those weapons, it was a sumerian weapon since Gilgamesh only fought in Sumeria/Mesopotania, must have stole it in other cities. Actually historically, it is surprising that soldiers of Uruk conquered Sumerian cities by two methods that didn't involve swords: Burning a city OR like in Hamoukar´s case, hurling more than 1,200 sling-fired bullets.

Also, not to mention Enkidu. It was not shown, but Gil had a serious attachment to his best friend, he is capable of being very loyal to those who become his friends.
(he even named his chains "Enkidu", which ironically were the ones who bind Rider and brought his dead).

I cried like hell with Rider, but I admit I felt a great respect coming from Gil, specially saying that garden quote said in serious respectful tone.
Gil didnt spit on Rider or laughed upon his defeat, it was truly kingly: a fight between two kings.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 9, 2012 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
Saber should have been more shocked than that and where is “… Do you really hate me so much, my friend…? Even if you have become as such… Do you hate me so much, Knight of the Lake?!”I hope they add it at the next ep or at least in the BD.I feel like they cut the best lines.Aside from that it was more than awesome.The change from CG to normal was really good too.Kariya's scene was nicely done even though it was a bit different from the LN(you could even say that it was better in the anime) .

That Ea.Even Ea is so much more amazing when a good studio handles the job.The destruction of Rider's RM was amazing.Better than my imagination at least.And the final moments of the fight were awesome although they didnt made Rider get more wounds.They should have done that to show his tenacity.You dont need to be FSN Heracles to charge against weapons that are shoot directly at you.
Jun 9, 2012 11:50 AM

Apr 2008
Yeah, you right Orulyon. In the novel, Gilgamesh said he took Ea in the beginning of combat only against an opponent who respects, have a great power and worth it. He was respectful with him in this scene.

I have not heard the quote: Now, Bucephalus, to conquest
Jun 9, 2012 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
http://animuthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/06/fatezero-s2-episode-10-episode-23.html
^Thoughts/pics/stuffs here.

Bye Rider. You will be missed. :'(.
Jun 9, 2012 11:52 AM

Sep 2010
Knew Rider was going to get axed this episode still he went out epically. I really would have been depressed if Waver would have died too. T_T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 9, 2012 11:58 AM

Sep 2011
WTF Is That Enuma Elish? I Like The Swirling Wave In F/SN Than This. At First I Thought He Summoned A High-Tech Unknown Treasury LOL.

But Then, I Never Knew That Heaven's Chain Is Coming. I Thought A Surprised Gae Bolg Or Some Random Treasury Would Pierced Rider.

I Went Goosebumps On This Episode 5/5. :O

2 More To Go~.

BloodRequiem said:
halberdiers said:

He never used Enkidu on Cu Chulainn

He Used It.

Jun 9, 2012 12:01 PM

Oct 2011
Damn that was a splendid episode. Rider's final charge against Archer was breathtaking. They really impressed me with the animation this episode, the part where Ea demolished Rider's soldiers was especially well animated. Can't wait to see the showdown between Kiritsugu and Kirei next week; it should be the best fight of the series if they do it right.

R.I.P. Rider.

Jun 9, 2012 12:01 PM

Aug 2011
I cried.
Rider's death was the most heroic, manly death I've ever seen.
Lancelot looks awesome. And I never thought of it before, but Saber is lesbian haha.
Jun 9, 2012 12:02 PM

Aug 2009
StrawHat1996 said:
I cried.
Lancelot looks awesome. And I never thought of it before, but Saber is lesbian haha.

eh?
Jun 9, 2012 12:03 PM

Jan 2010
RIP homey
Ok™
Jun 9, 2012 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
Lancelot looks like Caster in a way with those eyes.

Rider had a great ride (no pun). May his spirit continue to bring hope and dreams.
Jun 9, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2008
StrawHat1996 said:
I cried.

Saber is no lesbian. (jus see sex scene with Shirou in the VN)
Jun 9, 2012 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
Elite60 said:
Lancelot looks like Caster in a way with those eyes.

Yeah Me Too. That's The First Thing That It Pops On My Mind When I Saw Berserker's Face.

Jun 9, 2012 12:10 PM

Sep 2010
KiraYoshikage said:
StrawHat1996 said:
I cried.

Saber is bi. Like everyone in the Nasuverse.
Jun 9, 2012 12:12 PM

Sep 2011
Thess said:
KiraYoshikage said:
StrawHat1996 said:
I cried.

I Believe It's Rin. Not Saber.

Jun 9, 2012 12:18 PM

Dec 2010
RIP Rider

That last charge was epic tho, it was a given that he was going to die but that was an awesome way to go, the animation on that last charge was simply amazing.

Seems next episode is Kiritsugu vs Kirei, which has been what i personally have been looking forward to the most; not because it will be the "flashiest" fight since obviously they aren't servants but it should still be an intense fight all the same; aside from Kiritsugu vs Kayneth we haven't had that many decent Master fights anyway.
Jun 9, 2012 12:20 PM

Apr 2008
Any way the sex scenes have little or no importance in the VN. Fate finallyl in the route Fate just sex scene 2 which is of importance to history.

Unless you have seen the queen who is just there to make believe that Arthuria is a man.
Jun 9, 2012 12:36 PM

Feb 2011
Ah Archer....as awesome as ever.
Jun 9, 2012 12:39 PM

Sep 2010
PleinairUsagiDrp said:
Thess said:
KiraYoshikage said:
StrawHat1996 said:
I cried.

I Believe It's Rin. Not Saber.

Saber is too. She was turned on by what Rin was doing. She thinks Irisviel is lovely, was married to a woman and had a son with her half sister ;)

Every girl in Nasuverse, except maybe Bazett (although there is some Type ace Comic that pairs her with Medusa), is bisexual.
Jun 9, 2012 12:51 PM

Aug 2010
While most deaths of this show are usually cruel and depressive to look at, the King of Conquerors passed away from the world, satisfied. He might have lost to Gilgamesh, but the fact that he had to use his most powerful weapon against him, just shows that Rider is dangerous to a man who is more god than human. Ishkandar the Great, a man of glory, even to the end.

Also, Waver showed real strength when he faced Gilgamesh. He really deserve some respect for it.

While I regret that I found out Berserker's identity too early, I love how it was portrayed. The way Saber expressed her shock was done very well. I can't wait to see the rest.

While I still wonder how high the death count is because of the Aoi incident, I'll go with that Rider was the tenth.
SagaraYuzuruJun 9, 2012 1:05 PM
Jun 9, 2012 12:55 PM

Mar 2011
Best episode so far.Why in Fate/Zero almost every heroic spirit is badass but in Fate/Stay Night every one suck especially Gilgamesh.
Jun 9, 2012 1:04 PM

Feb 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
caster lives once again xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jun 9, 2012 1:09 PM

Apr 2008
Icebreaker93 said:
Best episode so far.Why in Fate/Zero almost every heroic spirit is badass but in Fate/Stay Night every one suck especially Gilgamesh.

Icebreaker93 said:

Because it is not just the work of Nasu in F/Z. This is Urobuchi Gen who write this.

Fate / Zero rule everything in type-moon. This is the best work with Kara no Kyoukai intype-moon(well for me)

Too, the Master in F/Z are all better than FSN. the Mots are teenager in FSN when there are adults in F / Z.
KiraYoshikageJun 9, 2012 1:28 PM
Jun 9, 2012 1:37 PM

Mar 2011
So, about Berserker vs Saber, I think the anime outdone the LN in this part, the animation was perfect, the whole scene felt really suspenseful (if you didn't know who Berserker was already)

Just now saw the preview and it left me worry, I really hope they won't rush the next ep too much;;

KiraYoshikage said:

Fate / Zero rule everything in type-moon. This is the best work with Kara no Kyoukai intype-moon(well for me)

Oh yes, F/Z & KnK are stuff that I feel like tailor made for me. Everything from the atmosphere to characters just exactly my taste it's scary.
Jun 9, 2012 2:12 PM

Aug 2011
R.I.P Rider/Alexander the Great. He died bravely and like a BOSS! :'(
Jun 9, 2012 2:45 PM
Sep 2009
PleinairUsagiDrp said:
WTF Is That Enuma Elish? I Like The Swirling Wave In F/SN Than This. At First I Thought He Summoned A High-Tech Unknown Treasury LOL.

The Es's swirling wave in F/SN is one of the most butchered things DEEN ever done to F/SN. Most VN players hate it. ufotable really render the description of Ea down to the core.

He Used It.

Not in VN, and anime kinda screw up that up. Gil doesn't need Endiku to defeat Lancer.
Jun 9, 2012 2:59 PM
Feb 2012
If Gilgamesh didn't have that bloody sword.......

Well, there's the reason why it's his most beloved item.

Tearing Alexander's reality marble... left me with 'why oh why' kind of a feeling (even though I knew that's gonna happen - UFO knows how to get things done)
Jun 9, 2012 3:10 PM

Dec 2009
Noo Iskandar. If you were real I would follow you till the end of the world.

Didn't know EA had a true form. Gilgamesh never used it in the VN although I guess the only opponent he deemed to be worthy of his biggest bs... most powerful weapon was Iskandar.

It seems next week will be the most intensive episode. Ufotable must get an hour special like the first episode for put the last chapters of the LN or else I'll never forgive them.

BTW, anyone expects the preview of the last episode to show:
Jun 9, 2012 3:19 PM
Feb 2012
^It would be interesting to show that conversation in UFO style.
Jun 9, 2012 3:21 PM

Feb 2011
I love how Gilgamesh always gives his opponents a brief moment to make them believe they might get a chance to strike him before he pulls out Enkidu.

But when he pulled out EA.......man was that was beautiful.
Jun 9, 2012 3:29 PM

Mar 2011
benevolentfather said:
I love how Gilgamesh always gives his opponents a brief moment to make them believe they might get a chance to strike him before he pulls out Enkidu.

But when he pulled out EA.......man was that was beautiful.

We got to see the Key to GoB in such glorious form though it's a little short.

Veldril said:

The Es's swirling wave in F/SN is one of the most butchered things DEEN ever done to F/SN. Most VN players hate it. ufotable really render the description of Ea down to the core.

I wouldn't say "down to the core", it's kinda different than when he used in in Fate/ hollow ataraxia.
Jun 9, 2012 3:31 PM

Jan 2012
My impression of this AMAZING episode.

I should have calmed the hell down, though.
Jun 9, 2012 3:54 PM

Nov 2007
Tears rolled down my cheek along with Waver Velvet. I never thought there would be an episode of F/Z that would make me cry. :'(

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Today, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.