MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (28) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

494 88.85%
4 out of 5: Liked it

38 6.83%
3 out of 5: It was OK

13 2.34%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.36%
1 out of 5: Hated it

9 1.62%
Voters: 556

06-09-12, 10:14 AM

Yumekichi11 said:
To further argue this I would have to say the Alexander's powers comes much more Noble in gathering his army VS Archer's powers come from stolen treasures that have Nobility for they were never really fashioned by Gilgamesh. Rather stolen and no stealing in true sense is anything Noble even in taking it from defeated enemies. Alexander in fact had some Noble ways of paying respect to his men that have died upon their burial. Gilgamesh would merely spit and insult his defeated opponents. Well IMO that is. Hence a small upstanding I have against Gilgamesh. Moreover I am very CON for Gilgamesh and in fact wished Alexander won over him.

06-09-12, 10:21 AM

2thuriel said:
Maybe, according to the preview, ep 24 will have

If so, there must be at least 48 min, or I'll send UFO a pie stuffed with sh*t.

Not just that, but also
We seriously need double episode (or at least "no cut" version) for that.

06-09-12, 10:22 AM

Yooo episode 24 better have the greatest Kiritsugu/Kirei fight ever! Episode 23 was sickkkkkkkkk

06-09-12, 10:25 AM

dankickyou said:
Rider never got a chance to play video games with Waver...Isn't is sad?

My thoughts exactly. Anyways, all my feelings between the friendship of Rider and Waver. They were really my favorite team, to be honest. The graphics for this episode were top-notch, especially the part were Gilgamesh takes out Ea.

黒子のバスケ, こうすけ@ついった

06-09-12, 10:30 AM

thesnnitro said:
Yumekichi11 said:
To further argue this I would have to say the Alexander's powers comes much more Noble in gathering his army VS Archer's powers come from stolen treasures that have Nobility for they were never really fashioned by Gilgamesh. Rather stolen and no stealing in true sense is anything Noble even in taking it from defeated enemies. Alexander in fact had some Noble ways of paying respect to his men that have died upon their burial. Gilgamesh would merely spit and insult his defeated opponents. Well IMO that is. Hence a small upstanding I have against Gilgamesh. Moreover I am very CON for Gilgamesh and in fact wished Alexander won over him.

You may perhaps have good PRO points but those treasured weapons really come from him? Or once again he defeated Gods to get them? Since I assume Gods were defeated to claim those weapons then perhaps I cannot agree of his ways with such weapons using the weapon of another defeated may be noble in certain code of conducts but I don't see it noble at all as a code of conduct itself.

For me it's far more noble to bury the person with their weapon.
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Gil's treasures are his NP that's the whole point.It's his accomplishment as the oldest king(in FSN,FZ that is).And to be more accurate most of the NP we see other Heroic Spirits carry come from Gil's Vault or were made according to the legends of the weapons Gil has( like Excalibur).So it would be more accurate to say that his weapons were stolen not the other way around.Then again only with Enkidu and Ea he still is way more powerful than other servants.GoB is just to show off his power as the King.
But then how were they stolen? Other than perhaps it being a punishment to go against the Gods, I see nothing more of it. The weapons were originally belonging not to him but were given and hence can be taken back.

Anyway I won't go further. I just have this concept philosophy over Gil being lame and being negative towards him. Sry, my hatred is like that towards him.
Modified by Yumekichi11, 06-09-12, 10:35 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

06-09-12, 10:31 AM

Damnit, I admit the episode was great, but I sort of expected something more from Enuma Elish unleashing than several seconds of spinning and a nonchalant swing. I mean, Excalibur had a sequence for almost a five minutes before unleashing, so I sort of hopped for at least a bit more build up.

On the other hand, we got a great animation of Gate's key.

06-09-12, 10:51 AM

DAT EA

This is what happen when King of Heroes fight seriously. Damn.

I was not ready. So GLORIOUS.

BGM this ep was aswsome.

RIDER man.. Even I knew it was coming I still felt overwhelming... It'll take a while to get over this for sure -__-

And Waver got approved by 2 Kings that night. He has officially became a man.

(will comment about Berserker vs Saber later as I'm still recovering from the epicness)

06-09-12, 10:56 AM

I crey. So fucking hard. Rider was easily one of the best characters on the show. I liked what they did with Waver, making him Rider's retainer so that he wouldn't be killed as well. Is this the first time we've seen Gilgamesh's Noble Phantasm? It was extremely OP. So glad Saber finally got a reality check with Lancelot being Berserker. It was a plot twist, but I kinda got the feeling that it was only made so Saber could have character development.

Wait... I heard Irisviel's voice at the end. Next episode seems to be finally the showdown of Kotomine and Kiritsugu.

And yay possible double episode!

06-09-12, 10:56 AM

Yumekichi11 said:
stAtic91 said:
I'm guessing the person who rated this a 1/5 is butthurt that Rider died?
I don't know about that but I am butthurt that Rider lost indeed. Hence my notation of taking Archer's sword for Magical Girl Wand to magically swung open a Deus Ex machina portal of disruption to win easily.

Ridiculous! Archer is OVER POWERED! Plain and simple.

Gilgamesh is the oldest heroic spirit, it's only fair that he's the STRONGEST.
You sound like someone who doesn't know about Fate series at all seriously. EA has always been Gilgamesh's greatest treasure as it's the ONLY Anti-World NP in this war, he didn't "swung open a Deus Ex machina". It's called "Anti-World" for a reason.

06-09-12, 10:57 AM

epic as fuckkkkk. finally knowing who berserker was and sabers reaction was fantastic. the archer/rider fight was epicly aweseom too. gilgamesh FTW. did cry tho. waver/rider f0 lyfe
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

06-09-12, 10:58 AM

when the dream ends.. the harsh reality overtakes..

06-09-12, 11:00 AM

dankickyou said:
Rider never got a chance to play video games with Waver...Isn't is sad?

Well, a part of the LN:

It's one of my favorite parts of F/Z and I sure hope that this scene won't be cut out..

06-09-12, 11:04 AM

Gilgamesh acknowledged Rider and praised Velvet Waver's loyalty. He's not that bad of a character, isn't he?..

And about those weapons, Gilgamesh owns them according to the VN.. but he's not a "user", he's just the owner of these weapons but he doesn't know how to use all of those weapons well, the only weapon he truly has is EA which is basically the strongest noble phantasm.

Two more episodes to go. Just a couple of fights left, Kirei vs. Kiritsugu, Berserker vs. Saber and Saber vs. Gilgamesh.. and we're back to Fate/Stay Night.. Hope they animate the Heaven's Feel route :D.

06-09-12, 11:11 AM

Yumekichi11 said:
thesnnitro said:
Yumekichi11 said:

You may perhaps have good PRO points but those treasured weapons really come from him? Or once again he defeated Gods to get them? Since I assume Gods were defeated to claim those weapons then perhaps I cannot agree of his ways with such weapons using the weapon of another defeated may be noble in certain code of conducts but I don't see it noble at all as a code of conduct itself.

ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Gil's treasures are his NP that's the whole point.It's his accomplishment as the oldest king(in FSN,FZ that is).And to be more accurate most of the NP we see other Heroic Spirits carry come from Gil's Vault or were made according to the legends of the weapons Gil has( like Excalibur).So it would be more accurate to say that his weapons were stolen not the other way around.Then again only with Enkidu and Ea he still is way more powerful than other servants.GoB is just to show off his power as the King.
But then how were they stolen? Other than perhaps it being a punishment to go against the Gods, I see nothing more of it. The weapons were originally belonging not to him but were given and hence can be taken back.

Anyway I won't go further. I just have this concept philosophy over Gil being lame and being negative towards him. Sry, my hatred is like that towards him.

Gilgamesh IS the oldest heroic spirit and that alone guarantee him a top seat in terms of power within Nasuverse. All of his treasures are representations of HIS heroic deeds. There's a reason why in F/SN Nasu continuously emphasized that he is the original. If anything, the other heroic spirits' weapons are "children" of weapons from GOB, based on Gilgamesh's tales and treasures stolen from the GOB.

But all of that is not important. The important part is that Gil and Iskander had a glorious fight and they respected the fuck out of each other. So why would you tarnish this fight with meaningless hatred?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

06-09-12, 11:12 AM

Yumekichi11 said:

Yumekichi11 said:

We don't know exactly where he got the weapons from, but as far as the Epic of Gilgamesh goes, he was a hero that traveled around everywhere. Maybe he found some, maybe he took some (Mesopotamians conquered each other every other day). The gods also even gave him a few weapons. That said, siding with the Mesopotamian gods? The ones that created mankind to be a slave race? Those selfish man-children make Gilgamesh look like the kindest, most noble person ever to walk the earth. There's a reason why Gilgamesh is alone and doesn't have his "one comrade."

...Also uh

Alexander is the King of Conquerors. He may not ride into battle with other's weapons, but he sure as hell took other people's stuff.

Trenerka said:
Damnit, I admit the episode was great, but I sort of expected something more from Enuma Elish unleashing than several seconds of spinning and a nonchalant swing. I mean, Excalibur had a sequence for almost a five minutes before unleashing, so I sort of hopped for at least a bit more build up.

On the other hand, we got a great animation of Gate's key.
This. I knew this would happen, but it was still disappointing. I could've sworn Rider got hit by Gate of Babylon more than twice in the novels too. Oh well, at least we got the Reality Marble crumbling, and Gilgamesh's conversation with Waver. Great episode otherwise though, Gilgamesh and Alexander were at their best here, and delicious Saber despair.

Also lol, Saber vs Archer

06-09-12, 11:17 AM

The jaw dropping visuals are even more over the top this episode. My mind was epicly blown by the appearance of Ea, completely fitting of the creation star which sunders heaven and earth.

Gil really loves making people think they have a chance of killing him doesn't he? He does the good ol' enkidu to lancer and berserker in FSN and now to rider.

06-09-12, 11:20 AM

halberdiers said:
The jaw dropping visuals are even more over the top this episode. My mind was epicly blown by the appearance of Ea, completely fitting of the creation star which sunders heaven and earth.

Gil really loves making people think they have a chance of killing him doesn't he? He does the good ol' enkidu to lancer and berserker in FSN and now to rider.

He never used Enkidu on Cu Chulainn
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

06-09-12, 11:31 AM

It was the scene I was expecting more of the LN and the anime did it well.

Again, we see the extended power of Gilgamesh. It remains the most powerful and Retera the world of Fate. (Well, except Nasu that does not use the potential and makes it weaker in FSN (VN). Finally it was he who wrote the story.) `

[îmg]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh241/Anju03/KiraYoshikagesign_H.png[/img]

06-09-12, 11:38 AM

In the novel actually i think that Gil has even a better attitude towards Rider than the anime, because Rider was the only servant that Gil respected in the entire Fate universe. It was an honor to Gil to be able to kill a king like Rider, to whom he considered not a mongrel but a king. Besides he spared Waver´s life as a way to show his respect to Rider.

I dont think he stole anything. It is cited on Epic of Gilgamesh that he had several craftsman. If Gae Bolg was on his treasury, probably it was made on Uruk not on Ireland, and only after came to Lancer. If he did steal those weapons, it was a sumerian weapon since Gilgamesh only fought in Sumeria/Mesopotania, must have stole it in other cities. Actually historically, it is surprising that soldiers of Uruk conquered Sumerian cities by two methods that didn't involve swords: Burning a city OR like in Hamoukar´s case, hurling more than 1,200 sling-fired bullets.

Also, not to mention Enkidu. It was not shown, but Gil had a serious attachment to his best friend, he is capable of being very loyal to those who become his friends.
(he even named his chains "Enkidu", which ironically were the ones who bind Rider and brought his dead).

I cried like hell with Rider, but I admit I felt a great respect coming from Gil, specially saying that garden quote said in serious respectful tone.
Gil didnt spit on Rider or laughed upon his defeat, it was truly kingly: a fight between two kings.
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ 飛ぶ

06-09-12, 11:41 AM

Saber should have been more shocked than that and where is “… Do you really hate me so much, my friend…? Even if you have become as such… Do you hate me so much, Knight of the Lake?!”I hope they add it at the next ep or at least in the BD.I feel like they cut the best lines.Aside from that it was more than awesome.The change from CG to normal was really good too.Kariya's scene was nicely done even though it was a bit different from the LN(you could even say that it was better in the anime) .

That Ea.Even Ea is so much more amazing when a good studio handles the job.The destruction of Rider's RM was amazing.Better than my imagination at least.And the final moments of the fight were awesome although they didnt made Rider get more wounds.They should have done that to show his tenacity.You dont need to be FSN Heracles to charge against weapons that are shoot directly at you.

Pages (28) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices