Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 2012 11:00 PM

Aug 2011
I guess if Kegami jumps high enough he can block Midorima's shot..... maybe...
May 19, 2012 11:52 PM

Jan 2008
May 20, 2012 2:13 AM

Oct 2011
Overall quite a decent episode, I'm really liking this show so far.
The part where Kuroko was feeling restless for not being able to play in the matches was adorable w

also kise appears in the next episode aaaahh
May 20, 2012 3:45 AM

Apr 2011
I also love this episode it's so cool and awesome!! can't wait for the next episode...and.....

KUROKO~KUN KAWAII~~~~<3

( I THINK THE NEXT EPISODE IS GONNA BE A ONE HELL OF A FIGHT FOR SEIRN...GO SEIRIN AND KUROKO~KUN)
mshitsugaya10May 20, 2012 8:09 AM

May 20, 2012 4:56 AM

May 2010
I am not a big fan of those unreal arch shoots,infact I am not a big fan of anything unnatural in sports anime excluding supernatural sports anime.
May 20, 2012 5:23 PM

Feb 2012
Another awesome episode. Loved seeing Seirin dominate for a change. So funny when they beat those idiots from the park. And naturally Shutoku was very impressive as well. I have no idea how they are going to beat both of those kings in one day. That's just ridiculous. As always, so excited for the next one. Can this please have more than 25 episodes?

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
May 20, 2012 5:26 PM

Aug 2010
ahmed_great2005 said:
I am not a big fan of those unreal arch shoots,infact I am not a big fan of anything unnatural in sports anime

I feel the same. This episode was a real put off for me. I was expecting some sort of realism in this show, but that "100% insane arc shooting" is just too absurd, even for anime.
May 21, 2012 12:15 AM

Jan 2008
Pff. If anyone is watching this for realism (and somehow made it past the first episode even though LOL KUROKO IS "INVISIBLE" AND CAN DO RIDICULOUS TOUCH PASSES AT THIS LEVEL OF PLAY), I'll be nice and warn you to drop the show now. It only gets more and more unrealistic from here on out. You'll find very quickly that the author never meant to make something that was realistic. No use in complaining that the show/manga isn't something it never claimed to be. That would be just as useless as complaining that Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a terrible show because OMG HOW DO THEY HAVE SUCH ADVANCED SPACE TECHNOLOGY, THAT'S UNREALISTIC.
May 21, 2012 1:11 AM

Apr 2011
Midorima is...wow!!!

Kuroko as always is so cute and Kagami a beast!!!
May 21, 2012 11:26 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, I'm looking forward to the next episode because it seems that it'll have an interesting match.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 21, 2012 11:50 AM
May 2012
Fun episode. Can't wait for the next one. xD
May 22, 2012 8:14 AM
Apr 2012
the Episode was fun *.* !!
I cant wait for the next episode :D ..
May 22, 2012 3:15 PM

Mar 2011
Decent episode. Although, I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous ones, mainly due to the pace of the episode... or maybe that's just me.
May 22, 2012 8:00 PM

Jul 2011
Had fun watching it as usual, though it felt like they just rushed past several games... (understandable though) And watching Midorima shoot gives me the chills.
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt
old sig
May 23, 2012 7:27 AM

May 2008
Man Seiho first before fighting Midorima? Dammmmm i wanna see their players too.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 24, 2012 4:22 AM

Oct 2010
I just love everything about this show. :Q

I can't wait to see the other members of the Generation of Miracles. I'm too stubborn to read the manga, so yeah.
[insert awesome signature here]
May 25, 2012 12:35 PM

Jun 2008
Panaru said:
Pff. If anyone is watching this for realism (and somehow made it past the first episode even though LOL KUROKO IS "INVISIBLE" AND CAN DO RIDICULOUS TOUCH PASSES AT THIS LEVEL OF PLAY), I'll be nice and warn you to drop the show now. It only gets more and more unrealistic from here on out. You'll find very quickly that the author never meant to make something that was realistic. No use in complaining that the show/manga isn't something it never claimed to be. That would be just as useless as complaining that Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a terrible show because OMG HOW DO THEY HAVE SUCH ADVANCED SPACE TECHNOLOGY, THAT'S UNREALISTIC.

Bad example there. Technology in some alternative or future universe has nothing to do with a guy shooting 100% in a world that seems to be ours and in a sport we all know and seen the best of the world and know very well that 100% is impossible and crazy for them let alone some school boy.
100% is like the ultimate hax. In a way it's more crazy even than the most absurd superpowers because it symbolizes absolute perfection.
Also outside their game the characters are portrayed pretty realistic and that makes it hard to accept the unrealistic parts.
May 26, 2012 9:47 PM

Jan 2008
Monad said:
Panaru said:

Bad example there. Technology in some alternative or future universe has nothing to do with a guy shooting 100% in a world that seems to be ours and in a sport we all know and seen the best of the world and know very well that 100% is impossible and crazy for them let alone some school boy.
100% is like the ultimate hax. In a way it's more crazy even than the most absurd superpowers because it symbolizes absolute perfection.
Also outside their game the characters are portrayed pretty realistic and that makes it hard to accept the unrealistic parts.

Really? A dude whose every line is a pun is realistic? A coach who can see people's physical attributes and potentials as numbers as long as they take their shirts off is realistic? A guy who is so superstitious that he carries around whatever item a HOROSCOPE says is the lucky item every day of his life is realistic? And another guy who says things like "I am a shadow and I want you to be my light" to a guy he barely met is realistic? And yes, these are all outside of the games.

I want to live the kind of life you're living. Sounds much more interesting than mine. Real people aren't like that where I live.

One final time, regardless of what you think characters outside of games act like, the author never claimed this was going to be realistic. How can anyone get past the premise of a player who can go "invisible" through "misdirection" (even in OUTSIDE games when he isn't even trying to misdirect any body) and complain about the lack of realism within the games.

Whatever. I'll continue to watch and read Kuroko and love it for what it is, instead of complaining about what it isn't. If I wanted to watch real basketball I'd watch the NBA.

PanaruMay 26, 2012 9:51 PM
Jun 11, 2012 11:33 PM

May 2011
A 100% high arc 3 point shooter, wow. I don't even know what to say about this lol. Anime is anime, after all. (In a good way)

It was nice seeing Kagami beat daddy like that and even earn his respect. I didn't expect them to zoom through 3 games though, but I guess those teams were just fodder. At least the Gen-5 will be the main "focus" from here on out.

Also, 2 games in one day? Semi-finals and finals? I don't think that's even legal lol. Oh well, they'll definitely pull through it.
Jun 27, 2012 3:43 PM

Jul 2009
Before I forget this show has epic BGM ;P Also I really like all these characters ... Midorima is pretty awesome XD 100% 3 point shooter? Holy crap lol O_O Does he have something extra he hasn't shown yet? Hmm ... PLUS HE'S TSUNDERE AHAHAHA XD Oh and he shoots with his left hand too ... hrm ;P
The tournament thing kind of confuses me. So right now they're playing in Tokyo only right? So why did they play all three of the kings last year? Unless the finals are a round robin kind of thing? That kind of confuses me for the semi-finals and finals being on the same day though. Or maybe it's for seeding purposes for the national-level competition? Grahhhh T_T
Well looks like they're gonna start feeling the heat soon. Two matches in one day seems like a good challenge, seeing as they've been cruising through, even without playing Kuroko. Guess Kagami can really bring up their level :P (Like I've said before ... basketball OTL) Although given that they'll be facing Shutoku in the finals, it's pretty much a given they'll win their semi-final game against that other S king school
EvianBubbleJun 27, 2012 3:54 PM
Sep 7, 2012 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
New competition is pretty damn tough I'd say:

Sep 13, 2012 12:20 AM

Feb 2011
That green haired dude is unbelievable lol , hope he has bad luck at the match against Seirin .
Sep 18, 2012 9:48 AM

Feb 2008
UnbornMVs said:
That green haired dude is unbelievable lol , hope he has bad luck at the match against Seirin .

He probably will have bad luck. That's probably the only reason they added that "luck" thing. But I hope they lose against him in this tournament. If I'm not wrong, both teams qualify, at least it was like that in Dear Boys, but that manga is way older than this, so maybe the rules changed. But I kinda doubt that Kuroko will lose...

Also nice, Kagami landed a shot for a change. His dunks got tiring a bit.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 29, 2012 2:11 PM

Sep 2011
What's with that ridiculous 100% FG especially 3 point shots!? :O

Jan 5, 2013 3:10 PM

Jan 2012
that arc is ridiculous.... they can try swiping him from behind? anyway a decent episode
Feb 14, 2013 5:35 AM
Jul 2018

Midorima is a monster.
May 3, 2013 12:40 PM

Dec 2009
Hm, I wonder how they'll counter the green guy.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 9, 2013 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
The new challenge look tough. If only his luck runs out.
May 9, 2013 7:38 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, not really surprised that they are winning everything ( ̄へ ̄)'' but still is little bit predictable... TOO predictable... Anyway, I still love it <3 Not sure about Midorima though, I don't think I'm going to like him (◕︿◕) but who knows? Well, he is handsome, like ALL of them ( ゚д゚)
Gonna watch next episode now...
Jun 19, 2013 12:07 PM

Sep 2009
so many happened in this episode ..
lol at "DAD" calling Kagami idiot XD
Jul 22, 2013 12:54 PM

May 2013
Midorimacchi is actually pretty cute in his own way ;P I believe in horoscopes too, although not to that extent on a daily basis XD Just the love compatibility part, haha.

And he's still so cool even when he's holding a kawaii kumo XDDD
Tsundere, ne? x]

Otou-san is such a sore loser, LOL.
Kokoro_KotashimaJul 22, 2013 1:24 PM
Aug 10, 2013 8:38 PM

Jul 2012
Whats up with those orange outfits Shutoku wears? It looks like they just got out of jail.

Two powerhouse teams in a row? Seems unlikely to win, especially so early in the series. :X
Oct 16, 2013 1:32 AM

Jan 2013
Superpower practically.
Great episode as always. Wonder how Kuroko's team will improve without getting new players.
Nov 9, 2013 7:44 AM

May 2013
not as good as the other episodes..
Aug 6, 2014 4:01 PM

Apr 2010
Ah boy. . .This will be tough huh. The sense of humor is still amazing though!
Dec 18, 2014 10:38 AM

Jun 2009
Not gonna lie, that's a pretty awful tournament format, having to play multiple games on the same day. Great way to increase risk of injury and decrease the quality of the games...

Sasuga Nippon.
Dec 23, 2014 12:50 AM

Aug 2013
Managed to watch 7 episodes so far, story is interesting just like any other sports anime,
but sigh, as a basketball player myself the way they animated the games and the ability they come up with for some of the players are just disgusting and disgrace to basketball. The game itself is honestly unwatchable -.-
Dec 24, 2014 3:25 PM

Jan 2014
Didn't expect less from TGoM x)
Jan 29, 2015 6:07 AM

May 2013
Dad's getting taller, but so is Kagami. Bam, Seirin beats Shinkyo!
Even without Kuroko, Seirin defeated Jitsuzen and Kinga. Lol, Meijo got terrified.

There are three kings of Tokyo, namely Seiho of the North, Senshinkan of the West, and Shutoku of the East.
With badass Midorima joining Shutoku, their team's strength just increased by a lot.
Good thing Kagami germs were spreading. This will help Seirin in their next challenges!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 27, 2015 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
Another awesome episode; we get to know the second player from the Generation.
Oh and I'm confused: those 3 "big" teams... does each of them have one player from the Generation? If yes, then there a player who isn't in any of those (apart from Kise)... Well, I guess we'll figure it out in the future.
Anyway, looking forward to the finals and semifinals. Seems like it's gonna be amazing.
Sep 12, 2015 4:58 AM
Dec 2011
kuroko is adorable twitching like that wanting to go play awww i love him. midorima is so hot walking away making the shot wow i am excited cant wait to watch the next episode :3
Dec 10, 2015 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
They won lol. That was awesome and they beat some other teams too which they ddin't show much of, I didn't expect them to skip so much. Awesome though.

Kuroko twitching because he wanted to play, bless.
stephtastropheDec 10, 2015 2:08 PM
Feb 17, 2016 12:57 AM

Feb 2014
I'm guessing Midorima has another ace up his sleeve.

The episode was really fun. I like when anime changes normal situations into something full of strategy and meaning. Makes it more fun.
Feb 19, 2016 10:17 PM

Apr 2015
Mayuka said:
Whats up with those orange outfits Shutoku wears? It looks like they just got out of jail.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Two games in one day? That's tough. This episode is kind of disappointing, since they skipped most of the games. Kuroko twitching, how cute. Midorima's pretty badass, shooting and then walking away afterward like nothing happened.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 6, 2016 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
Midorima's ridiculous shots~!

Also, they made such a big deal about "Dad"(lol) and his height but he's not even that much taller than Kagami when they were standing in front of each other after the game lol
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jul 11, 2016 3:25 AM

Jun 2016
It's gonna be interesting to see how they counter Midorima.
Jul 12, 2016 10:21 AM

May 2016
I feel really bad for Seirin other teammates... The only ones who are developing and receiving all the spotlight are Kagami and Kuroko. And the fact that the won all those matches looks so unbelievable, considering that we were not shown how Seirin trained, what they learned, how they improved, and even the matches themselves were skipped. Disappointing :(
This Senegal guy turned out to be so ridiculous.
Sep 25, 2016 9:41 PM

Jun 2016
Seirin against two strong teams in one day, will be fking interesting.
Midorima is one hell of a shooter, never misses damn!
Jan 14, 2017 2:48 PM

Feb 2015
Infinite said:
27CansOfTuna said:

Darn they went the lazy route and reused last weeks Kuroko's misdirect animation

It's not lazy, it's saving on budget.

aka lazy.
---------
lol, i love how dad even thinks with a foreign accent XD

and for real, another easy win? -_- they aren't struggling, when will something interesting happen? there hasn't even been 10 eps.
Feb 5, 2017 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Kuroko sitting restless on the bench was too cute❤ I laughed at "Kagami germs". And did I hear this correctly? Takao actually calls Midorima a 'tsundere'😮😆 I'm looking at the cast list and wow, what an all star cast! This ep has OnoD as Midorima and Suzuki Tatsuhisa as Takao!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

363 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

245 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Sep 8, 2012

116 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fiji - Sep 1, 2012

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 2, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Itami - Aug 25, 2012

111 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.