Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 3, 2009 4:11 PM

Dec 2008
Nice finale to a great series! Liked how each character had a significant role to assist to meet Kei. Though by looking at the end more closely it really does ask for a sequel aha (Finn shown watching Ryuu, Hikari has yet to confess,etc). Like the series and hope for a 2nd season xD!
Jul 10, 2009 8:11 AM

Jan 2009
It was beautiful.I've got no other words.Just beautiful.One of the best series i ever seen.
This should be higher in top :(.
"If people want to achieve time travel,they should just put Haruhi on a spaceship.She'd probably just ignore the theory of relativity." - Kyon
Jul 24, 2009 2:11 AM

Nov 2008
Nice ending, nice couples, nice humor, nice series! I liked the ending, it was good to see all the couples (poor Ryuu, btw). And the kiss in the air was beautiful. :)

Also, I was glad that Fukuyama Jun was the voice actor for Kei. :D

I hope for a 2nd season.
GavinheadJul 24, 2009 2:19 AM
Jul 26, 2009 9:32 PM

Jan 2008
They didn't actually fly. If you look at the surrounding flower pedals, they're suspended and slowly falling as well, implying the scene is very slow-mo...although I think they could have done a better job at this. Well at the very least we get to see them kiss. A second season to continue off where the manga ended would be awesome. I'd totally buy this anime if it were licensed in North America.
Oct 31, 2009 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
i loved the who series, just hoped the anime went on forever!! The was a bit of impossibilty tho. I mean, the group went from japan to London within a day, as far as im concerned, it takes about 15hrs ( i know because i live in England). Putting that aside this is one of my fav anime.

Btw does the manga continue from where the anime ended? if so, im going to read it.

Join Hagiwara Natsuki's (ane doki) club here
Join Club dedicated to Anime Musicians here
Join club for Bass fans here
Dec 8, 2009 8:24 PM
Jul 2009
ALL IAM WRITING IS IAM DISSAPOINTED
Dec 11, 2009 2:11 PM

Oct 2009
I really liked the ending. I didn't love it, because I always felt they actually needed to say I love you. And they didn't! gaaaaaahhhhhhhh!! And they floated. In front of Big Ben.

Anyway, it was cute, and my favourite part of the whole season is when Hikari started talking to Kei in the bunny suit again. It was amazing because it was one of the most serious moments of the season, and I really really wanted to laugh.

Ohh, i've just watched 22 episodes non-stop, and I can't believe it's over, feels kinf of empty :'(

Would watch a season two if it came out, but don't really think it needs one, an OVA would be preferred, a challenge/date or something between the two in which they actually say I LOVE YOU. That actually showed how Kei could go back to the perfect S.A. and of course, included the others..
:D
Dec 11, 2009 3:00 PM

Oct 2009
i cried when hiriki was running after the plane. : (
Dec 13, 2009 2:55 AM

May 2009
8/10 cuz of teh lame ending.do they fly? i mean , seriously? ....
Huge disappointment.

Dec 17, 2009 4:25 PM

Jun 2008
at first i avoided this anime, but after being bored i decided to give it a go and luckily it turned out better then i thought or rather it went the opposite direction that i thought it was going to go.
Dec 22, 2009 11:38 AM

Jul 2009
A deception, for sure. It could have been good. They had it cliché and they made it even more cliché. And Hikari and Kei suddenly flew. Nice, huh? They can fly. Yeah. And it was too rushed. I just hate endings. They all suck.

Overall, I loved the anime, but I'm in doubt between 8 or 9.
On moments like this, comedy cheers me up, and this one had lots of comedy. I LOL'd a lot. That's why normally it would get a 9.

...but this ending made me so angry it's going to get a 8/10. End of story.
Dec 28, 2009 9:34 PM

Apr 2009
8/10 for the whole series, a nice ending, that ending with a kiss but no confession (apparently Japanese directors only allow one or the other for endings nowadays -_-")
Dec 29, 2009 1:28 AM

Dec 2009
had to be better~
Mar 12, 2010 8:14 PM

Mar 2010
whoa, they are actually floating
Mar 28, 2010 4:30 AM

Mar 2010
unununium said:
whoa, they are actually floating

ohhh yea...what the hell they doing at the clock tower? i mean ..they exactly still alive? overall episode were good and always make me laugh...but episode 24 was kinda different..its boring.. wth? Finn ending? teheeee

i wish there are season 2(its 2010 already) ..or they trying to make us(fans) suspense XDD

lets sign the petition now!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2010 7:28 PM

Jan 2010
Its like Sabrac and Johan from Shakugan no Shana all over again!
Kissing infront of a clock tower!
Pshhhh...
LOL

I'm very dissapointed at the ending.
Left me pissy like ending of the manga.

Not very pleased, could've been better.
At least a clear confession..

Or follow the manga of how after they hook up
Apr 13, 2010 12:14 PM
Mar 2010
fully satisfied ^^
any other ending would mess up things

10/10
May 25, 2010 8:51 AM

Mar 2009
I enjoyed the series, but the last chapter was... very disapponinting...

I mean, yes, it is like it had to be, the couples are great, no mess at the end, but... meh, I hoped a much more interesting last chapter.

Nonetheless, 9/10. I've liked the series a lot.
Sorry for my English. ^^
May 29, 2010 10:18 PM

Jun 2008
they kissed..in front of big ben...in the air...WHERE IS GRAVITY??
Jun 3, 2010 5:37 PM
Aug 2007
All I could think of when Kei jumped after Hikari was:

"IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. IMPENDING DEATH. "

I guess they learnt how to fly then.....

Anyway.. IMO, started off slow, got better in the middle and the end. I liked how they finally kissed etc.. but it seemed like it was all back to normal, "nothing happened", kinda thing during the end credits.

I dont think I'd like a second season, but a 7/10 for me anyway.
Jun 26, 2010 4:47 AM

Jun 2010
Well, I attended a more "LOVEFUL HAPPY ENDING" since Tadashi and Akira were already dating (their love story was great ;D).
I find that the end was not so bad up to the moment Hikari and Kei were finally KISSING ! (OH YEAAAAAH !) "You are my special... <3" Oh man...
Why does it end like that ? Why does the last minute exist ? Why is he still callin' her "NII-SAN". =____=
Does he really think he's gonna call some other girl "ICHI-SAN" some day ?
Why don't they start a new romance after their kiss in London ?
Oh come on...

[By the way, I'm french, so "Si il y a quelques français qui par hasard passent sur ce site, je serai contente d'enfin pouvoir écrire mes comments en fr. Bien que je sois bilingue, c'est toujours plus naturel pour moi de papoter "in french please." (:
ciao.]
Jul 11, 2010 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
That was a rather disappointing ending.
Jul 30, 2010 6:25 AM

Aug 2009
I thought to myself when they were at the tower and the kissed , that is was a wonderfull ending and then it was just everything like in the beginning
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 31, 2010 6:07 PM
Aug 2009
They could have done better. Mind you i never had high hopes for this series, i only watched because i'm a raging fan of Yuuko Gotou. But i really felt things could have wrapped up better in London. And i'm not gonna even comment on Aoi, for someone who pulled so many strings to give up because a peasant girl doesn't give up really tested my suspension of disbelief.

Regardless, in retrospect it was a good series, especially the absurd comedy. Also, i loved how Gotou managed to pull off the tomboyish Hikari. She get's typecasted too much into moe roles (though for a good reason), but i really hope to listen to her playing more diverse roles. Maybe a tsundere, lol.
Aug 2, 2010 1:43 PM

Jun 2010
ice_gray said:
I thought to myself when they were at the tower and the kissed , that is was a wonderfull ending and then it was just everything like in the beginning

Yup, I felt exactly the same. So disappointed.
Aug 14, 2010 1:25 AM

Jul 2010
Baka_Ranger said:
I didn't like this ep at all. Ending was... lol there was ending?? Where o.O ?? I didn't see any endings >: What's up with that? Some random kiss in the end, no confessions, nothing.. there was almost no development in Hikari x Kei relationship...
Anyways, we did see Finn looking at Ryuu from the window at some moment. So, maybe there is hope for second season? Would be great...

Agree
Aug 31, 2010 3:36 AM

Oct 2009
... is there any information for sequel of this anime??

b'cause Last year.. anime end..

Oct 6, 2010 6:16 PM
Feb 2010
Woah, what the hell was this? It's like it just dived after the first dozen or so episodes.
Oct 7, 2010 6:18 AM
Sep 2010
Dissatisfied with the ending. Really.
The ending was just meh. I was like, "That's it? So it ends here? This is the ending?"
I agree with everyone else, there didn't seem to be a development between Hikari and Kei's relationship. >___<
GAHHH sucha letdown. I'm really hoping there would be a second season of this.
Oct 25, 2010 5:15 AM

Jul 2010
theeggman85 said:
Man i was really thinking kei was gettin ecchi there...

"And if I win, I'll take your... VIRGINITY!"

thats what i heard in my head anyway, lol
I think he had said that it would've been more funnier:P I think

Nov 3, 2010 6:53 AM

Sep 2010
I really liked this ending episode; the whole series was just so cute :3
A series totally worth re-watching :D
Nov 10, 2010 7:20 AM

Nov 2010
i really hope there would be another season
just until kei proposes to hikari just like on the manga or something more about their relationship..
^_^
o.0
Nov 23, 2010 2:42 AM

Nov 2010
i felt like i just rewatched Ouran, still it was leet.
Nov 30, 2010 12:34 AM

Mar 2010
azmaty said:
ice_gray said:

Yup, I felt exactly the same. So disappointed.

I agree to both of you...i mean what the hell , they are FLYING AT THE TOWER? WOW 8D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2010 8:09 AM
Nov 2010
Why can't there be season 2?????? When Ryuu was holding a dog outside the building, there was a person looking at him from the window... and i'm pretty sure that was finn. So someone should make a season 2 to explain that!!!! Urgh!!! The ending was cute.... but kinda random as well :P :'(
Dec 22, 2010 10:47 PM
Dec 2008
Anyone who has read the manga -- how close does the anime follow the manga? If I wanted to skip some chapters and start where the anime ends, would I be able to? If so, around what chapter should I start at?
Dec 24, 2010 9:39 PM

Oct 2008
How is that an ending??

Loved Megumi x Yahiro moment though.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 9, 2011 7:40 PM

Sep 2010
Kinda a bad ending... But at least they got together. That's more than we can say about the Ouran couple.

I loved how they were floating.

What Season 2 consists of: what happened when they stop floating? The ambulance ride on the way to the hospital.

Feb 7, 2011 7:16 PM

Aug 2009
Alright, the ENDING.
But not satisfied.

Why is it that Ryuu don't have any partner!?

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Mar 14, 2011 4:12 PM
Apr 2009
chiquit0621 said:
Alright, the ENDING.
But not satisfied.

Why is it that Ryuu don't have any partner!?

Because there's no second season. Check out the Manga. There's a lot more material, and it's great =]
Apr 19, 2011 1:04 AM

Feb 2008
the ending was weak. End of story
May 26, 2011 1:34 PM
May 2011
so the ending was weak, but my main concern was how did they get down from the clock.... cuz I'm sure they didn't land a fall that high up.
Jul 6, 2011 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
Your concern is how they survived the fall? Oh why it's not like they showed superhuman supowerpowers (yes it's intended) across the entire series.
Jumping 100 feet high, punching through solid steel and stuff like that? Easy.
Surviving a fall - impossible!

They never obeyed any laws of physics to begin with.

It was a great series but the ending... It was better than what I feared it would be but still a lot lot lot lot lot worse than what I kinda hoped it could be.

No confessions, just a random kiss and we get a typical "everything ends fine but nothing gets resolved" ending. Well at least it was a lil more direct than let's say Gohsuushou-sama where there was virtually N-O-T-H-I-N-G resolved in the end (even though I loved that one).

So yeah - would love a second season but the sad truth is - it ain't gonna happen.
Dec 1, 2011 1:17 PM
Sep 2011
i thought i was watching a shonen anime lmao
Mar 11, 2012 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
Good Ending?
Challenge Accepted
(Watches This Ep)
Close Enough
Mar 27, 2012 8:28 PM

Jan 2011
The ending was rather weak, but overall a good enjoyable show. From comments in the forum I think I have to read the manga now.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 5, 2012 2:45 PM

Nov 2011
_Gintoki_ said:
i thought i was watching a shonen anime lmao

I kinda have to agree with this. For a shoujo, it was fairly sexist and quite frankly I don't think the Gonzo art style did the whole thing any favors. Been a while since I've given a show I just completed a 6/10. It was okay, it was fun, but it really wasn't very special at all. BIG dissapointment after just finishing Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, which I felt was superior in pretty much every way.

It's really just a very weak mix of Ouran and Kaichou. Bland characters, predictable, unrealistic events that aren't outrageous or well-done enough to be funny, and as others have said- a very, very weak ending. I can say with certainty that we don't need a season 2. Just give us season 2 of Kaichou instead. =)
AmberlehJan 27, 2013 5:58 PM
Jul 8, 2012 7:23 PM
Jul 2011
Ending was eh, I was definitely hoping for a confession or something. Overall I enjoyed the series though.

Side note, does anybody know the piano song playing during a lot of the sentimental moments in the show?
Jul 30, 2012 1:04 PM
Dec 2011
I was hoping for Hikari to say something more /grrr . But like they said, I don't know how i could've ended it better and also the fact it was kinda of weak. I still don't regret watching this , there's also Megumi and Yahiro <3 8/10
Oct 20, 2012 4:30 AM

Jul 2012
The ending was good... but it could have been better. That kissing part at the clock kinda made me wonder. I didn't know they could fly... and how they ended... well... I SUGGEST ANOTHER SEASON WITH MORE ROMANCE.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Special A Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Naruleach - Aug 13, 2008

93 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 24, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Special A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 23, 2008

57 by RioAl »»
Apr 24, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Special A Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Apr 24, 2008

69 by JeremiahOrange »»
Oct 5, 2022 8:24 AM

Poll: » Special A Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Apr 7, 2008

116 by Fierrza »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:14 PM

Poll: » Special A Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Apr 30, 2008

68 by RyyanIsHere »»
Sep 5, 2022 12:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.