MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Bleach Chapter 489 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Bleach »» Bleach Chapter 489 Discussion

Pages (4) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Bleach Chapter 489 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

41 50.00%
4 out of 5: Liked it

24 29.27%
3 out of 5: It was OK

12 14.63%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 3.66%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 2.44%
Voters: 82

04-18-12, 6:08 PM

im thrilled, bring on the next chapter XD

04-18-12, 6:14 PM

Another chapter done by Kubo, amazing! I think Captain Kurotsuchi is hiding more things besides the death of 28,000 people in Rukongai, he certainly has something more serious behind it. Now I wonder who this new enemy and what the relationship between him and Captain Commander Yamamoto.

04-18-12, 7:45 PM

Mhmm some interesting stuff...really more curious to know who the Vandereich leader really is now....the Captain Commander failing to kill some one seems a bit out of place.

So while Ichigo's distracted he'll go invade Soul Society huh....though to be honest I don't think it's really going to take him long to wipe the floor with any one in Hueco Mundo right now.

Still invading Soul Society...may be we'll see Aizen being released sometime soon xD

And where the hell did Urahara go exactly in all of this?

04-18-12, 9:02 PM

Flashback time?

04-18-12, 10:29 PM

Steady pacing, organized sequences, nothing seems out of place. I think that I might actually be impressed here.

04-18-12, 11:02 PM

Wow, exterminated 28,000 innocents? The fuuuuuuuuu----.

The invasion begins! Woot. This arc isn't looking so bad so far.

04-19-12, 1:48 AM

wow...the lieutenants hav diff hairstyle nw.....

04-19-12, 1:54 AM

I'm rather interested about Yamamoto's past with this guy about how he failed to kill him and such.

04-19-12, 5:32 AM

Captain Yamamoto is really incredible. He confronted Kurotsuchi not because he committed a massacre, but because Mayuri didn't fill the form for slauthering poor pepole for experimentation. Good thing that since when Ichigo is here Soul Society is so much changed: between wanton cruelty and a third world level of poverty it makes Hell and Hueco Mundo look like paradise by comparison.

04-19-12, 11:17 AM

One thing I learned about Bleach is consistency in the plot is not likely. There are plenty of fan theories to explain around the inconsistencies, but I don't think Kubo really cares much about plot holes. He made up a remarkable universe that entertains me, but I do my best not to take it too seriously.

Does anyone else imagine the battle music from the anime whenever they read the manga?

04-20-12, 4:40 AM

kennikitty said:
Aside the fact that we pretty much get little to no new information (ok, so it's Yamamotos fault, that's new) and just people whining and stating the obvious, I'm really REALLY REALLY annoyed by the fact, that Tite Kubo really has to go with the stereotypical portayal of Nazis for the Quincy, including pointless words of German mixed in. [sarcasm]Because we haven't seen that before.[/sarcasm]

Why? Just why?
What in the world do Quincy have to do with Nazis? There's no point. The "spanish" Arrancar were still pretty cool, this is just... urg. What stereotype is the next? I don't have a problem with german characters or german language here and there in Manga/Anime, but why does it have to be the f*cking Nazis? You know, Tite Kubo? German history begins in the tenth century, choose something else than Nazis.

This... why... I don't... just let me cry in my little dark corner.

People see what they have in their minds.
Let me guess. You are German and got all butt-hurt thinking that Kubo shown a bad aspect of Germans.
You only saw Nazi's because you have a thing about seeing them. They are what they are they ain't Nazi's. German names mean nothing since Kubo uses different languages for such things and that army style uniform that guy has has similarities to many types of uniforms.

Btw did they just killed 28000 innocent people just like that and are worrying about the paperwork? Is that things The captain commander keeps hidden from other captains and shinigami's or is everyone aware of such actions? That was quite evil. I wonder how Ichigo will take such a thing.
Modified by Monad, 04-20-12, 4:44 AM

04-21-12, 1:17 PM

I'm still somewhat apathetic about this arc, but this chapter wasn't bad...miles better than Naruto at least.

It's kind of difficult to cheer for the Shinigami after they just killed 28000 innocent people, but at the same time, I don't care about the Vandenreich and their sob story,either. Dilemma!

04-21-12, 1:24 PM

Mayuri doing all the dirty work. nice.

04-22-12, 9:55 PM

Amazing arc :D

04-23-12, 2:24 AM

so the old man failed to kill a human quincy 1000 years ago? does that mean ishida can live for 1000 years and more? srsly kubo

04-23-12, 5:40 AM

I always thought it was a grey area how the people living in Rukongai were already souls yet they can be "killed" again. Seems Ishida's actions as a Quincy had more far reaching consequences then we realised before.

04-23-12, 12:59 PM

It's getting better
can't wait next episode

04-25-12, 12:32 AM

There are still so many open questions...
Did SS somehow overthrow the Quincies, who were in control of Hollow-peacekeeping way back?
Who is SS's King and when will he make his move?
Will they release Aizen for the final fight?
What does Kirge mean when he tells Ichigo that "he knows them well"?
How does Urahara really fight into all of this; are all the theories that he's the evil-one really dismissed yet?

I could go on and on but I'm really hoping for Kubo to at least answer the major questions, since this is the final arc.
Wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

05-01-12, 9:02 PM

I was expecting to see Ichigo fight in this chapter :/

06-06-12, 1:25 PM

Finally, I get to see Rukia's face after so long :) All the other VC's too of course.

Things are starting to heat up. Empire King is avoiding Ichigo, maybe he's afraid of his potential? Or maybe he needs to keep him alive for some ulterior motive.

Anyway, I'm curious to see how Yama-ji and Empire King are related. Kurotsuchi was pretty brutal/desperate for killing 28,000 innocent people.

Let's see how the Shinigami/Arrancar handle themselves from here on out.

Pages (4) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices