Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2008 3:15 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One thing I want to say straight out: Koji Kuroda, you are a piece of shit ass COWARD! Jus t cause someone tell you that your magic or even your religion sucks, you going to quit it? I am happy this guy does not have real magic like it is in this world. He would get fried long ago by the entities he would make a contract with!

Asagi, like Koji but not much is shown about it. Too bad, cause it would have been nice. Guess the focus is on Sora.

So, Yamaguchi like New wave British music...explains why her English is nice. She also likes Gouta and has a crush on him. She does compliment him twice about his kindness.

#8 is about Gouta and Sora getting closer. Do not miss it!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 11, 2008 4:49 PM
Aug 2008
I had long suspected that Kuroda had a crush on the stuck-up girl.

When Kuroda took the stuck-up girl to the mall, I think she was expecting him to confess his love, or flirt heavily, or even try to kiss her. I think her initial anger was partly disappointment.

On the other hand, she's not a very kind person, and she tends to scold a lot.

There's still a small chance that she and Kuroda will patch things up, but it looks like there's a lot of drama between eps 8 and 12.
Sep 11, 2008 8:41 PM

Feb 2008
.... this is a good show but damn its so slow. watching it i feel like i can just fall asleep from boredom. it doesnt have the energy or drive from its alternate.
Sep 12, 2008 4:48 PM

Feb 2008
Kuroda's teacher is an ass. don't any of the fully trained mages have any spine? i think i'd quit too if staying meant turning into an apologetic door mat. tho i don't think that's why he's quiting.

wish Asagi would try listening to someone other than herself for once, instead of just yelling about not wanting to hear him whine she should have tried to get a clearer understanding of what was wrong. with very little effort she could have steered the conversation away from whining and onto the real problem. which as far as i can tell is that he's being constantly berated by the customers and getting absolutely no support from his worthless teacher even after the customers aren't around anymore.

still, i think he'll probably wind up changing his mind.

am i the only one that thinks that a system like this is 100% guaranteed to spark a mage rebellion/global conquest? people who can rewrite the laws of nature can only stand being treated like doormats for so long :/
Sep 12, 2008 5:17 PM

Jul 2008
jacobpaige said:
Kuroda's teacher is an ass. don't any of the fully trained mages have any spine? i think i'd quit too if staying meant turning into an apologetic door mat. tho i don't think that's why he's quiting.

wish Asagi would try listening to someone other than herself for once, instead of just yelling about not wanting to hear him whine she should have tried to get a clearer understanding of what was wrong. with very little effort she could have steered the conversation away from whining and onto the real problem. which as far as i can tell is that he's being constantly berated by the customers and getting absolutely no support from his worthless teacher even after the customers aren't around anymore.

still, i think he'll probably wind up changing his mind.

am i the only one that thinks that a system like this is 100% guaranteed to spark a mage rebellion/global conquest? people who can rewrite the laws of nature can only stand being treated like doormats for so long :/

Yeah on the last comment, if you saw the first season you would notice that happened with the blond girl bending the Tokyo Tower but in this one THERE IS NO SUCH PLOT! That really sucks but instead it's a lot more emotional and the love story is....well at least more amazing than the first one.

Another thing that sucks is WHO THE HELL do they monitor the people who work for them? Remember the first one had rings.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 13, 2008 1:36 AM
Sep 2008
I thought she got run over... but it turned out she had a cold.

I liked the holograms that came out of the rings in the first one, and how come the people with glasses are the ones with problems. Like that guy in the first season.

Oct 17, 2008 12:33 AM

Jan 2008
RUED said:
I thought she got run over... but it turned out she had a cold.
I was like, lol?

He'll most probably change his mind.

Oct 27, 2008 5:19 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oh wow, can't help but laugh at some posts here.

Good episode, I fully understand why Kuroda wants to quit. Looking forward to the next ep.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 4, 2009 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think Kuroda is necessarily a coward; I agree with cyruz in that I can see why he wants to quit. It was a very realistic situation the show set up for him and the way he reacted, his feelings, were entirely believable. Also, I was quite moved by the scene with him listening & crying to Asagi's speech.

So far, this is the strongest episode for me.
Jul 23, 2011 3:42 PM

Nov 2010
kuroda is a coward, but he is absolutely correct in his reasons for quitting. first of all the guy with the watch should of explained it correctly, secondly his teacher is a tool. Instead of kuroda crying and whining he should assert himself and show them how they are wrong. (he tried but lost conviction once his teacher stepped in)

also those familiar with mbti
kuroda = intp
asagi = intj (maybe istj but im not good with typing those)
gouta = istp
You are null and void!
Mar 14, 2012 1:09 AM

Sep 2011
lol I actually enjoyed that episode much than the others. This Anime needs more drama! >:(
Sep 24, 2012 5:59 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah Asagi. Tell him what he must hear. Nice episode.
Oct 3, 2012 1:44 PM

Mar 2010
I really liked this one, how everyone came to encourage Kuroda/Yell at him :D. I liked Asagi's rant too ^^. This series got stalled for me many months ago, so glad to return to it and finish this time :).
Jun 16, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, however I'm not a too huge fan of Kuroda but well it was still pretty nice.
Jun 20, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
Nice emotion this episode.
Asagi sometimes gets on my nerves, but really good talk she gave at the end.
Nov 11, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
I swear, this anime is out to piss me off.
Let's start shit off with déjà vu. Holy shit, didn't I see these scenes before? Am I on the right episode? Yes, I am. That was a nasty ass recap.

The art is fucking horrible. I don't what happened. The transition from poor art quality (from the 1st ep) to SHITTY ASS art quality (every episode onwards) is noticeable. S'fuckin nasty mate. The animation doesn't make it any better, though the guitar scene was in sync.

But putting all that aside, this is very fine emotional realism. No exaggerated shit, no incredibly generic overreactions (unlike in the manga. I'm GLAD they didn't carry that on in here, just for the sake of freshness).

The animation quality may be something to get used to (even if it's CRAP), but the art is just fucking horrid. Sure, let's just #DoOurOwnThing.
zetsu_shorenNov 11, 2014 8:34 AM
Feb 1, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2014
That's why Kuroda (or any other mage) should ask question "Why?" (as Sora does). Knowing only what is someone's request will change mage into mischievous genie :-)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

68 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 11 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 18, 2008

20 by ProxyLain »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 6 Discussion

lostty - Aug 26, 2008

11 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 22, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 3 Discussion

angel999 - Jul 16, 2008

28 by ProxyLain »»
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 PM

Poll: » Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ Episode 9 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 4, 2008

25 by bucciest »»
Dec 28, 2022 8:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.