Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2012 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
Onegai Teacher, wait for me this summer~!

Amazing end 'nuff said. I didn't expect something like a platoon of MIB agents suddenly showing up to deal with drones, but hell it was fun. Even Remon having connections with them is belieaveable, she seemed to know more than others from the start.
I was sure i'd be raging when Ichika will go back to her planet, but i was sonwehre near mad when it happened. I knew she WOULD return after all, and indeed. Like Remon said, last scene of the movie was played by Ichika when she came back.
Nice Bolivian shirt too i guess?

I'm a bit dissapointed by lack of further Tetsurou x Mio development. Sure after previous episode it was obvious there wouldn't be any time for that, but they got things straight and just a little hint of them becoming closer by the end when the opening song was playing would be much appreciated.
Now please make me a sequel OAV to see more romance i'm such a sucker for.
OrochiPLMar 26, 2012 3:48 PM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 26, 2012 3:45 PM
Jan 2012
HammersFan10 said:
Seeing as how everyone is singing their praise of this anime, I'll have to make it a little less one-sided. I can understand how people can like this series. It's a series that's all about the characters. You either love them or hate them. I personally hated the living shit out of them. For me, it was probably one of the worst animes I've seen when it comes to the characters. Everything they did or said I thought was either completely moronic or entirely unbelievable. The icing on the cake was Remon being part of the MIB. I mean, REALLY? I'm assuming the writer just went ahead and pulled that one out of his ass. That was the most ridiculous Deus Ex Machina I've seen in a long time, and I just finished Guilty Crown. So, in short, I despise this anime and hope to fucking God we never get a second season.

Ok, that felt good to get that off my chest. As I said, though, I completely understand if you people like the characters and this series. It pretty much comes down to personal preference. Just thought I'd let people know that the love for this anime isn't quite unanimous.

You're right though. The writing for this series was pretty poor. Characters weren't developed thoroughly, thus relying on plot devices and cliched tropes to push them forward. Important plot points were also handled poorly, as you mention with the Deus Ex Machina type resolutions. Not even close to being as bad as GC though. I still found it entertaining until the alien reveal at least.
Mar 26, 2012 3:48 PM
Dec 2011
HammersFan10 said:
Seeing as how everyone is singing their praise of this anime, I'll have to make it a little less one-sided. I can understand how people can like this series. It's a series that's all about the characters. You either love them or hate them. I personally hated the living shit out of them. For me, it was probably one of the worst animes I've seen when it comes to the characters. Everything they did or said I thought was either completely moronic or entirely unbelievable. The icing on the cake was Remon being part of the MIB. I mean, REALLY? I'm assuming the writer just went ahead and pulled that one out of his ass. That was the most ridiculous Deus Ex Machina I've seen in a long time, and I just finished Guilty Crown. So, in short, I despise this anime and hope to fucking God we never get a second season.

Ok, that felt good to get that off my chest. As I said, though, I completely understand if you people like the characters and this series. It pretty much comes down to personal preference. Just thought I'd let people know that the love for this anime isn't quite unanimous.

it is under the genre of comedy,sci fi aliens, romance. Underline comedy and sci fi aliens.
What do you expect? Not much of a shocker to me. The anime wasn't great but I thought it wasn't horrible. It was average. Another "suspension of belief" argument to invalidate an anime. Not much of a review here. Same thing people said about "Another". OMG entirely unbelievable EVEN though the anime is based on a superstitious curse. Do people not read the genre of the anime before watching?
AnimeTroll1088Mar 26, 2012 3:54 PM
Mar 26, 2012 3:53 PM

Dec 2010
Great series, very memorable, and as for my take on the end, i think she did come back, because of the jacket but also because of the dialogue being different in the movie, Kaito says your ship broke again, different than the first filming, meaning after she came back they filmed it again, or at the very least some scenes; another piece of evidence is how they described the movie, the film they saw when they were crying was amateur film filled with their emotions but the students described it as filled with effects and such; and also there is no point to her wearing the jacket if she didn't come back, so for that reason awesome ending :D Kaito x Ichika!
Mar 26, 2012 3:54 PM

Aug 2010
HammersFan10 said:
As I said, though, I completely understand if you people like the characters and this series. It pretty much comes down to personal preference. Just thought I'd let people know that the love for this anime isn't quite unanimous.

If someone thinks the ending is bad or the anime that's fine but I think more people here are complaining about the idiots that think the ending is bittersweet when it obviously isn't.

I personally found the ending to be great. While I won't lie and say that I would've preferred to see more of the reunion, knowing there was a reunion compared to thinking that there wouldn't be one at all was nice. The last few seconds made the ending better at least for me.
Mar 26, 2012 4:01 PM
Dec 2011
anyone else think Mio got trolled by Tetsuro. He asked her to go on a movie date with him but now it seems like he hasn't made a move on her. :3
Mar 26, 2012 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
What a fucking mess this show was.

Typical JC Staff.
Ok™
Mar 26, 2012 4:03 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty decent..... only thing that sucked where Coalguys terrible troll subs.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 26, 2012 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
Good ending. I hope they make an OVA.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 26, 2012 4:21 PM

Nov 2011
Good series overall. One question though, Just how long has passed during the last scene? It's obvious that their group has already graduated from the High School since no one knows about them.

That also means Ichika came back during the school year finished the film and then left it behind after they graduated and are most likely married or something now. An OVA would be great to wrap it completely.
Mar 26, 2012 4:29 PM
Aug 2010
Jigero said:

I have to agree with the subs.
Liked the anime alot.
Mar 26, 2012 4:32 PM
Dec 2011
Great anime. gets a solid 9/10 from me :)
Mar 26, 2012 4:38 PM

Nov 2011
SourceCard said:
Jigero said:

I have to agree with the subs.
Liked the anime alot.

Shoulda' went with Commie.
Mar 26, 2012 4:43 PM
Jan 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Hoppy said:
What a bittersweet ending, well at least Rinon is still on Earth with Lemon as an MIB agent. Despite this it ended pretty well, I wish there was something in the ending that had a relationship update on Mio and Tetsurou though. I wasn't expecting the entire platoon to save the day as they did though.

9/10

What was bittersweet about it? Ichika comes back.
NO SHE DOES NOT! Maybe for the movie a little but it certainly does not convince much of her coming back. We need OVA that shows us that she comes back to finish the movie and that she stays with Kaito. Else my T_T will not go away for this serie's sadness at how it ended for Kaito x Ichika TBH.

shes back watch all the way after the credits and what not. It shows them in a festival watching the movie and it explains how her ship broke and before it ends he asks," again?" and you see her wearing the "coat" Kai's sister bought for her.
Mar 26, 2012 4:44 PM

Mar 2012
All in all, I thought that was the right way to end the season, with the option of weather you think Ichka came back or not.

An OVA would be kinda nice though.
Mar 26, 2012 4:46 PM

Jan 2010
The final episode was good and all, but HANG ON...
Did the tree and Mizuho's supposed voice mean that Onegai Teacher actually ended badly, or did recording her memories take place before she

Also, does that mean Ichika is Mizuho's descendent or something?
Mar 26, 2012 4:49 PM

Jan 2010
I cant believe some people...
Ichika is not back....she's just come back to complete the movie then goes home...seriously??? thats a frikkin' big bullshit....
She's back! Thats pretty obvious...

"The other side of the other side of the other side would be the other side"
Mar 26, 2012 4:57 PM

Jan 2012
Best anime of the season in my opinion, there were confessions and action in every episode, so I didn't have to slave through 11 eps to wait to get to the 12th one. 10/10 in my opinion, one of my top 5 favourites for sure.
Mar 26, 2012 5:03 PM

Oct 2011
Just came across this pic whilst roaming the internet:)

Mizuho & Ichika really do look similar:)

Mar 26, 2012 5:05 PM

Oct 2011
6/10 is the best I can do. The ending was great but the episodes leading up to the ending weren't good enough for me to call the entire series amazing or anything. The side characters are what made this show good especially MIB and Remon
.Watching the main couple even in the end was very eeeeeeehhhhhhh not fun.

HammersFan10 said:

I know how you feel my friend. Thanks for sharing.
Mar 26, 2012 5:08 PM

Nov 2010
wow in contrary to a lot of people in this topic the ending blew me away :D

i mean i allmost cried happy tears and then that ending! :D

"what? it broke? again?" that was just icing on the cake

think i'm going to be one of the first people to give it an actual 10 haha. for me it was just perfect, you can agree or disagree that's how i feel about it. for me the ending couldn't be better if they changed it 500 times...

and yes if they decide to fill in the blanks (the shooting of the ending) i would even give this 11 xD
Mar 26, 2012 5:12 PM

Nov 2011
Wow. I did not expect this series to be this good as I originally thought. With the final few episodes that aired the last few weeks, I can safely say that this is one of my top 5's this Winter Season so far.

I hear people go to heaven when they die. But, I don't think that's true. I'm sure the dead moves on to someone's heart. They continue to live on as memories. But even those memories will eventually disappear. That's why people want to leave something behind. So that they're never forgotten. So that we don't forget. My camera will continue roll. To record the continuation of that summer burned on film.

True tea right there.

If the movie that Kaito and the others made came out irl, I would definitely pay to go watch it. It would make my summer unforgivable as well.

A well deserved 9/10 for me this series.
Mar 26, 2012 5:13 PM
Dec 2007
Nice ending even though it was a bit too open for my tastes. A very good teen romance series overall, less impressive than ToraDora or even Ano Hi Mita Hana for that matter, but still a very interesting one with similar characters but lighter themes. 8/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 26, 2012 5:15 PM

Oct 2009
OMG this episode was insanely awesome i love that lemon was MIB and it sucked that Kaito ended up being alone, but i hope Tatsuyuki Nagai (director) makes an OVA and also another anime like Ano Natsu de Matteru & Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (just not as sad as Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai *tear tear*)

+ i hope Tetsurou gets with Kanna

OH about the part that Kaito said:
"what? it broke? again?"
does that mean they finished filming, because Ichika came back also

ALSO some kid says:
"oh did they do it again this year?
- You mean the people who left the movie behind?
- I saw it last year"

Does that mean a year had past?

someone answer me please!!!!

I ♥ what Kaito says in the end:
"They say that when people die, they go to heaven
But I don't think so.
I believe they go to someone else's heart.
They turn into memories and live on.
Of course...those memories will vanish sooner or later.
That's why we all wish to leave something behind...
so that we'll never,ever be forgotten.
I'll continue to capture things on film
---The summer i burned on film...
and what comes after it.---"
247EyesMar 26, 2012 5:38 PM
Mar 26, 2012 5:31 PM

Jul 2009
Lol at that last clip. Why bother. Should've just left it as bittersweet.

And isn't that stealing technology? That's a declaration of war! Lol!
Mar 26, 2012 5:33 PM

Jan 2012
McRib said:

Typical JC Staff.

Lol ok...As if JC isn't completely amazing. Please....Some of the better animes out there right now are from their studio. They aren't the only amazing anime company, however they are among the best.
Mar 26, 2012 5:38 PM
Jun 2011
HammersFan10 said:

Agreed 100% this anime was a waste. Ichika and Kaito were very unlikable characters. Kaito and Ichika both are rude, selfish, and their relationship seems artificial. The very final scene made this anime swiss cheese with plot holes.
Mar 26, 2012 5:41 PM

Oct 2011
lolita099 said:
HammersFan10 said:

Agreed 100% this anime was a waste. Ichika and Kaito were very unlikable characters. Kaito and Ichika both are rude, selfish, and their relationship seems artificial. The very final scene made this anime swiss cheese with plot holes.

Yeah the whole "boo hoo I can't date this person I met a couple of weeks ago this is the worst thing ever!!" scenario with the main couple I didn't care much for.

The real sad part about the ending was they halted any romantic developments between Mio, Tetsuro, and Kanna so they are basically exactly where they started. Forever friendzoned. Thats the end to the self sacrificing side characters? A lot of wasted potential for a better ending if you ask me.
Mar 26, 2012 5:48 PM

Mar 2010
It was nice to see a damn anime finally have the male and female lead actually hook up instead of drag on and on. However..most of the anime was pretty stupid..and the ending to.. lazyily done it seems. I gave this anime a shot though, it had its good and bad points.
I think some peoples critical claims with this anime is just that their to used to cliche harems and perverted main leads with an iq in the single digits.
Mar 26, 2012 5:55 PM

Aug 2009
10/10 !!!! ;~; *CLAPPING*

LOVED THIS SHOW! ;~~~;

HAD SOME FUN TIMES ;~;

and Lemon, you are my love! *P*
Mar 26, 2012 5:58 PM

Oct 2011
There's really no need for an OVA unless it'll be random or give a confirmation on Mio and Tetsurou.

Ichika comes back. She's wearing the jacket from Kaito's sister in the finished product shown at school.

I also want to know what was written on the tree.

Ending gets an 7/10.. Pretty predictable for me, but they should have confirmed MxT. Overall anime gets a 8/10 though. It was good and I hope they make another Ano something because these are good.

EDIT: That being said.. I kind of wish she stayed up in the sky. I would think they would have erased her memories too or something. Eh. I think it was just thrown in there to soothe the weaker hearted fans! Lol.

Mar 26, 2012 6:04 PM
Feb 2012
YES! Till the very last moment those fuckers really kept me at the edge of my seat. So, so glad that she's back on earth and history doesn't repeat itself (since the first alien had to leave earth and so on).

A very beautiful episode and the show in general surprised me in a very positive way. Usually I wouldn't watch those types of anime but I'm glad that I went out of my way this time. Gettin' 10/10 from me.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 26, 2012 6:10 PM

May 2009
MielxFoxie said:
I also want to know what was written on the tree.

Mizuno, in space language.
Also it was voice of Mizuno.
Mar 26, 2012 6:25 PM

Oct 2011
MIB hahaha that was a supriser,otherwise prety pridictable idk if i should put this a 7/10 or a 8/10 ? heheh its good but idk if i should add "Very",but it kinda is XD,(needs S2)
Mar 26, 2012 6:36 PM

Oct 2010
Another outstanding show comes to an end, and with such a bittersweet gripping final episode with that final few seconds some anime like to use to finally reveal there is a perfectly happy end after all, except, in this one, they nailed the flow of emotions so well. Deserved a rare 10/10, had me sobbing like a little kid lost in the woods and when you see Ichika at the end, i just ended up choking in relief tears.

It's very simple, a year has passed, the title of the show makes perfect sense because they were waiting for that summer a year later, for Kaito and Ichika to be reunited, to finally finish the movie, which got a full version that the students could watch that summer of the following year. Many things hinted for Ichika's return but nothing is certain in anime until it's heavily implied (most times still not enough) or undeniably presented before our eyes. Remon always oozed that vibe of "knowing" how things were gonna happen, as a mature friend who could tell things before they happened and with a more than sharp intuition, plus extremely capable of helping her friends through her wealthy MIB background and calm persuasion (remember how she turned Ichika's sister around?). When Remon stares into the sky before entering her luxury ride and claims "the movie is incomplete, the final scene is up to you", THAT's a strong hope inducing moment, only surpassed by the clear cooperation between Remon and Rinnon at the MIB HQ, and her confident almost intimate smile when looking at the screen with spaceship scans... she knew. Ichika was coming back.
Those scenes alone would be enough references to know what would happen after, and some shows are evil enough to leave us in the air, but Ano Natsu dellivered the so desired confirmation, Ichika turning around by the lake (perfect for the last scene, the place she searched for) with the Bolivian traditional coat, culminating in a delicious tearjerking ending. I still hope for an OVA to show her return in more detail.
Mar 26, 2012 6:37 PM

Oct 2010
Jigero said:
only thing that sucked where Coalguys terrible troll subs.
WHAT? I though they did a excellent job with the Karaoke of the OP and kudos to them for that one. I will terribly miss the OP of this series. It was a totally joy for my throat to sing it out. Good powerful intonations.

The troll subs did not bother me. I knew better of some sentence senses that it was a troll.
justpooky said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Hoppy said:
What a bittersweet ending, well at least Rinon is still on Earth with Lemon as an MIB agent. Despite this it ended pretty well, I wish there was something in the ending that had a relationship update on Mio and Tetsurou though. I wasn't expecting the entire platoon to save the day as they did though.

9/10

What was bittersweet about it? Ichika comes back.
NO SHE DOES NOT! Maybe for the movie a little but it certainly does not convince much of her coming back. We need OVA that shows us that she comes back to finish the movie and that she stays with Kaito. Else my T_T will not go away for this series’s sadness at how it ended for Kaito x Ichika TBH.

shes back watch all the way after the credits and what not. It shows them in a festival watching the movie and it explains how her ship broke and before it ends he asks," again?" and you see her wearing the "coat" Kai's sister bought for her.
OK maybe I missed it but it was very short then. I wish it was more visual. Guess that's regret of how they presented the end. The good point of it would be it was in a film format like the OP starts.
Yumekichi11Mar 26, 2012 6:41 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 26, 2012 6:44 PM

Jun 2009
I was, at first glance, saddened by this episode. After the ending had finished, i expected a cute little endcard or something. When Ichika was shown to have come back, I smiled and cried simultaneously. This reminded me why I loved this show in the first place. 10/10 one of my favorite anime of all time.
Mar 26, 2012 6:44 PM

Feb 2012
McRib said:

Typical JC Staff.

you're entitled to voice your opinions
and so am I
go fuck yourself buddy <3 <3 <3
Mar 26, 2012 6:50 PM

Jan 2012
jimjameswhatever said:
McRib said:

Typical JC Staff.

and so am I

Your posts confuse me....Do you have like....bi-polar or something o.O?!
Mar 26, 2012 7:00 PM

Feb 2012
Ahri said:
jimjameswhatever said:
McRib said:

Typical JC Staff.

and so am I

nah, I'm just joking.
Mar 26, 2012 7:03 PM

Jan 2012
jimjameswhatever said:
Ahri said:
jimjameswhatever said:
McRib said:

Typical JC Staff.

and so am I

nah, I'm just joking.

Well i meant as in, you seemed to be on the bashing side of this anime a bit but someone disses the staff that made it and you defended it :P iunno confused me a bit.
Mar 26, 2012 7:07 PM

Feb 2012
Ahri said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Ahri said:
jimjameswhatever said:
McRib said:

Typical JC Staff.

and so am I

nah, I'm just joking.

Well i meant as in, you seemed to be on the bashing side of this anime a bit but someone disses the staff that made it and you defended it :P iunno confused me a bit.

bash this anime? Not at all...I don't know where you got that impression...
Mar 26, 2012 7:15 PM

Dec 2011
So Remon was srs when she said she was an MIB agent. Wow!

9/10. Ending was ok. Would have love to see Ichika come back person instead of the film reel at the end. Such a sad goodbye tho.
Mar 26, 2012 7:19 PM

Feb 2012
It's a shame they focused too heavily on Ichika x Kaito this episode and neglected the other relationships.

6/10 or 7/10 for the series; I'm on the fence.
Mar 26, 2012 7:19 PM

Apr 2009
if i spend my time being a critic for this show, i'd hate myself, for now at least.. so i'll just go ahead and give it my very favorable 9 rating.. as i personally really really like it.. anyway, i really love that last scene.. that's a subtle yet great way of showing how Ichika's back.. plus all the past weeks have been a great and fun ride.. we need more non-shoujo non-harem vanilla romance anime..
argiliumMar 26, 2012 7:23 PM
Mar 26, 2012 7:21 PM

Dec 2007
LOL!
Remon really was MIB.

I like the direction it went. Rather than making a miracle save the plan failing and them living in a bit of pain was much better. Love the hinted return end as well. :3

Going to give this anime 9/10 just because the MIB joke. xD
Mar 26, 2012 7:33 PM
Apr 2011
That fucking end
Mar 26, 2012 7:48 PM

Mar 2011
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY she came back!

Also, I freaking spazzed out at all the MIB! So freaking cool!!!!!
Dr_Smurph said:

Ah it says "Mizuho" read around and found that. That makes this even better.
Woah, cool....
I loved this series.
9/10
EdefremMar 26, 2012 7:52 PM
Mar 26, 2012 7:49 PM
Mar 2012
that ending...pretty sad :/ except...that video...wasnt ichika wearing the new sweater thing...?! does that mean she comes back? :O
Mar 26, 2012 7:53 PM

Nov 2011
Day2Dream said:
LOL!
Remon really was MIB.

I like the direction it went. Rather than making a miracle save the plan failing and them living in a bit of pain was much better. Love the hinted return end as well. :3

Going to give this anime 9/10 just because the MIB joke. xD

Remon ftw. That MIB part was so funny tbh lol. Ah, I'm seriously going to miss Remon now...
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenshiholic - Mar 5, 2012

277 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.