Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 14, 2012 11:49 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, what a clusterfuck this has become. Suddenly a whole new rival appears out of nowhere. A new childhood friend. Pretty funny to see Kanna an Ichika getting a worked up. Same for Mio regarding Tetsurou. xD

Those two girls are really intruding on the gang's vacation eh? Of course Lemon finds all this mighty interesting and deliberately makes it worse by inviting them to work on the movie.

Kaori really likes being clingy with Kaito in front of the other girls. She's trying to make them even more jealous. Arisa too, clinging to Tetsurou every chance she gets. Now Kaori's confessing to Kaito and Mio's on top of Tetsurou. Good thing Kaito told her had no girlfriend but he does have someone he likes.

Feb 14, 2012 11:53 AM

Jan 2012
ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER!!!! I'M GONNA DIE FROM ALL THIS CLIFHANGERS >______<
Feb 14, 2012 12:44 PM

May 2008
ahhhh damn cliffhanger can't wait to see what will happen love the direction of this anime its awesome!
Feb 14, 2012 12:53 PM

Dec 2009
lol. Things are getting serious. So many things happened, and I couldn't like this series more.

Tetsuro x Mio is progressing nicely.

The triangle drama is also progressing quite nicely.

Oh and Lemon is still freaking awesome... fufufu... xD

I love this show 5/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 14, 2012 1:51 PM

May 2011
haha oh man, things are going to get really awkward next episode.
Feb 14, 2012 3:34 PM

Mar 2011
Stecchi :D
Feb 14, 2012 3:55 PM

Sep 2008
Lol Ichika and Kanna fusing their jealousy for the greater good :P Stupid childhood friend GO AWAY! STOP MAKING THE LOVE TRIANGLE EVEN MORE COMPLICATED!!
Feb 14, 2012 4:04 PM
Aug 2010
I would rather see him get together with his child hood friend xD
all of the fan service was rather un needed
Feb 14, 2012 5:06 PM

Oct 2010
Jintan is Kaito / Menma is Kaori = childhood friends and pair
Kaori and Menma got same seiyuu
Kaito and Jintan are both main characters
Ano Natsu same creator of Ano Hana

well?

just saying some good infos
Feb 14, 2012 5:21 PM

Jul 2009
Tatsuyuki seems to have always managed to put a great air to each series he's directed, this being one of them. The development between the characters is definitely a swapshot - but it's one of which I'm waiting eagerly to see the results.

Bring on Episode 7, more Ichika and Mio <3
Feb 14, 2012 7:09 PM

May 2011
I get the "oh no the dreaded fanservice beach episode" worry some people had. But, it seems like the story didn't screech to a halt JUST to show chicks in bikinis. A lot of story progression is continuing to happen.

When I think of Okinawa I get the impression it was a tourist summer fling place. It's kind of like a cross between most spring break beaches and Las Vegas. It's probably why women would act more promiscuous than they normally would in their home area. I think it would explain why Kaori and Chiharu were all over Kaito and Ishigaki. They were looking for a summer romance fling(girls gone wild). I think they gave Kaori the extra dimension of being Kaito's childhood friend to make Ichika and Kanna extra jealous.

Lemon is such a troll. I love her. Her reasoning for what she does seems honorable even if it's devious. She trying to force the group to be honest about themselves and their feelings with others and she's using the movie plot to do this. The ad lib changes in the story are to adapt to the changes in the interpersonal relationships of the group. She's even going so far as having a private talk with Ichika telling her to be honest with herself. The biggest troll moment is when she adds Kaori to the movie cast to heighten the jealousy Ichika and Kanna are feeling.

I think Mio is growing tired of standing back and allowing Ishigaki, Kanna, and Kaito thing play out. Kanna seems to show no interest in Ishigaki even as he's being harassed by Chiharu and Mio even saw this and commented to Kanna that "you don't see whats right under your nose". The threat of Chiharu is forcing Mio to step up and be more assertive in protecting Ishigaki and possibly working on claiming him for herself. Kanna is still more interested in wondering the forest looking for Kaito. If anything Ichigaki has to realize that the person fighting for him is Mio and not Kanna. That all he's doing with Kanna is making himself miserable while she chases after something that isn't there with Kaito.

BTW, I just knew Mio was going commando. She has been the whole time. In a previous episode the wind picked up and blew her skirt around and she freaked for a half second. I was thinking then that she didn't have on any underwear. She also doesn't wear clothes when sleeping or relaxing in her room. WHY?! I don't know. It might be personal thing. Maybe it's cause it irritates her skin if she wears restrictive clothing. She does complain about her skin being sensitive a lot. I do find it alluring that she does this. It adds some spice to her quiet reserved personality.

double cliffhanger ending. Mio's ass is hanging in the air and Ichigaki taking a good look. Their gaze at the end is spine tingling.

Also, Koari confessing and Kaito shooting her down flat saying he loves someone already. Ichika coming in at that moment seems troubling though she does have to realize that Kaori's tears means that she had already been turned down. Well, I hope anyways.
Feb 14, 2012 7:16 PM
Jan 2012
I always love the trolling that happens in the preview. Although it is insinuated that there will be a lot of Dynamite Drink going around, the preview shows Remon handing it to one person, who I will assume is

We shall see!
Feb 14, 2012 7:32 PM
Jun 2010
Dat Index face.

No one posted a pic of Mio's ass yet.

Remon is an alien, calling it.
HageshiikazeFeb 14, 2012 7:40 PM
Feb 14, 2012 8:22 PM

Jul 2008
Lemon's troll level: master
Feb 14, 2012 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
lucy_kawaii said:
Jintan is Kaito / Menma is Kaori = childhood friends and pair
Kaori and Menma got same seiyuu
Kaito and Jintan are both main characters
Ano Natsu same creator of Ano Hana

well?

just saying some good infos

But Ano Hana is so stupid that it's not even funny (it's like a very dumbed down live-action drama), while Ano Natsu is some of the time stupidly funny and funnily stupid and Lemon's machinations are actually a good thing for the show.
Feb 14, 2012 9:33 PM
Jan 2012
Last week I wrote about me doing a marathon with this show, well screw that! After a rough couple of days this was just the thing I needed. This show right here's the reason why I enjoy anime so much - slice of life with a twist, lots of great characters and their interactions, great humour and awesome fanservice not to forget a plot that captivates me week after week. Awesome, just plain awesome in every sense.
Feb 14, 2012 9:49 PM

Jun 2010
Troll master.....troll master.....pfftt...Lemon is the damn troll QUEEN!! LOL

Setting ALL this up for the lulz...kudos to you Lemon, kudos to you.

Lemon is NOW one my favorite characters....lovin' the show so far.
Feb 14, 2012 9:55 PM

Jul 2009
And everything is a hair's breadth from imploding! Fuck yeah!

Also, seriously? 5 pages with no Mio ass?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 14, 2012 10:18 PM
Apr 2009
Didn't expect much, was pleasantly surprised of how good this episode was. I am now rooting for Kaori. =]
Feb 15, 2012 3:18 AM

Jun 2008
deathvader said:
Would have liked to see Remon in a cute two piece!!

Lolicon detected.

We got some nice fan-service this episode. Especially nice shots from behind from Ichika and Kanna.
New girls don't seem that will be here for long so they were probably put there as a plot device. For example Mio revealed her nudity fetish because of them.
Lemon as usual: Keep trolling!! Didn't sleep all night but her skin was shining lol.

Also we have a new representative of the you are gonna get raped face:
Feb 15, 2012 6:41 AM

Jul 2010
Jugem-Jugem said:

Ending to the episode was pretty awesome though, but damn these cliffhangers....

Yea those cliffhangers really made me want to watch more episode than necessary this week.

This anime just keeps getting better and better as the episodes goes up!

Feb 15, 2012 10:48 AM

Apr 2010
The episode was interesting indeed the introduction of a childhood friend was a nice idea.
And the other girls seems a bit weird as well there reasons for being there seem obvious tho it's nice to see.
The cliffhanger just makes me want more of this.
Feb 15, 2012 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
CRAZINESS. I honestly don't know what's going to happen anymore.

Mio seems to like Tetsuro.
Tetsuro likes Kanna.
Kanna likes Kai.
Kai likes Senpai.
Senpai likes Kai.
Kinoshita likes Kai.
- I think that crazy stalker Tetsuro has doesn't matter except to trigger Mio's feelings.

I really wonder about what's going to happen. Things are pretty crazy.
I'm still Kanna x Kai.. But Tetsuro x Kanna is sweet though, I think that's a 'natural' couple if you know what I mean.

5/5
Feb 15, 2012 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
I'm getting tired of these anime where girls are selfish all the way. Worst ep imo.
Feb 15, 2012 6:09 PM

Jun 2007
CrimsonLight said:
Those girls sure spiced it up.
Now he has to make a choice otherwise I'm gonna be extremely sad :u
Anyways, Remon... Damn. She's psychic. She knows the truth. Or at least it looks like she knows.

I got the impression that Remon may actually be an alien too. She instantly went to Ichika when she showed up to school and she's been pushing Ichika to become more attached to the earth people. I wouldn't be surprised if in the end Remon's secret is revealed along with Ichika's. If she is not a fun loving alien then she is damn good at making thing's complicated for people haha.
Feb 15, 2012 9:46 PM

Sep 2011
BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!!!!! FUCKING AWESOME *In Jotaros voice*
Feb 15, 2012 10:10 PM

Jun 2009
Man, I feel bad for Kinoshita even though I know what Kai did is right in every way. Damn this conflicting feelings.

Tanigawa is next.
Feb 16, 2012 12:45 AM

May 2010
This episode was so awesome! Go Mio stopping the kiss! And do u not like wearing underwear or something? I swear she's nude throughout most of her parts in this episode.

I really want to see how these relationships play out now that Ichika and Kanna have another girl to deal with. LOL at that intervention they had for Kaito. And how Tetsuro deals with what happened with Mio and that stalker. lol I'm really addicted to this show :)

Feb 16, 2012 1:38 AM

Sep 2008
I wish this anime didn't have Ichika. She's such a crappy third wheel char. Would've been better if she was replaced by that new girl.

Also, I'm really not liking the harem Kai is building. It's ridiculous.

Kinda wish this anime was about Tetsurou and Mio. They're the best chars by far.
Feb 16, 2012 1:55 AM

Jul 2011
Series has been decent so far but really didn't like this episode. Wasn't very good and seriously can't get past how fake everything felt.

If Kaori would have had any reason to be there then to serve as manufactured drama pushed into an already touchy situation it might have been different. That's all she seemed to be be there for, though.

Chiharu didn't seem to do anything other then make things strange herself.

Badly constructed drama machines, no thanks.

Then there's other stuff like how convenient they could go on a 6 person trip like that to begin with. Wish I could pull one of those out of my rear. Could use a vacation.

All and all a really big disappointment, to say the least.
Feb 16, 2012 2:12 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty good episode.....

But I really don't like the way they add a childhood friend and another random girl.... And that childhood friend to still have strong feelings toward Kai..... It just doesn't feel natural....

4/5
Feb 16, 2012 3:35 AM

May 2010
I am starting to love Ichika's yandere self..& After watcching ano natsu de matteru 6th episode I have reached the conclusion that Remon's the best....that position when no one was coming by the end of episode.
TragicRomanceFeb 16, 2012 3:43 AM
Feb 16, 2012 6:25 AM

Jun 2010
Wow, this show sucks. For me I mean. Seems like lots of people enjoy it and they have a perfect right to do so, but personally I can't imagine how it even can be enjoyable.

This episode has done it. Just what we needed, more people who FOR NO REASON suddenly super-seriously love another without as much as knowing them. Sure, a childhood friend... But it feels so forced!

Everything in this series seems so forced! The feelings which are there only to produce jealousy, the coincidences, the characters' behaviour... The film-making is barely there, wasn't the protagonist supposed to be very into that hobby? And why is Senpai an alien if she's not? She's a human being - knows how to interact with people, behaves like a human, has feelings just like a human, isn't surprised about anything she sees on Earth, even falls in so-called "love" with a human boy. Nope, I see no reason why they had to make her an alien character. So forced!

Dropping it. That's the first cliffhanger in my life that made me actually despise the idea of seeing the next episode. Wow.

Sorry for the surprisingly (even for me) immense hatred, fans. I just had to get it out of my system. Enjoy it, since you apparently can.
Feb 16, 2012 6:39 AM

Oct 2010
I don't appreciate fan service in the typical environment of the show, but beach episodes omg the more the better. And they're a nice change from the rather monotonous scenery we're so used to after 5 episodes.

Kanna: Already added her to my favorites, I can't help myself. She's Anaru's reincarnation, I'm telling you. This is the type of tsundere I'm able to enjoy, where she doesn't abuse the guy. She seems quite realistic and her actions are believable, she doesn't blush after every word (*cough* Ichika *cough*), but the occasional jealousy and cuteness is more than appreciated. She seems so sensitive and fragile under her energetic outside. I hope she ends up with Tetsurou. She is way too good for Kaito's stupidity.

Ichika: She needs to GTFO seriously. I hope she fucks of to her home planet at the end of the show. I would totally join the tear parade in this case (and you know it's coming. After episode 9 everyone will be crying every 5 minutes). Her blushing is getting on my nerves and she has the "What is this feeling?" syndrome, which I despise with all my heart. Something about her character just pisses me off. She's too nice, too pushy (if you're listening behind his door you are overdoing it)and too ... mary sue, I guess. Too polite. Too friendly. Too boring for my taste. And I'm not a fan of big boobs, so her costumes just make me dislike her more and more.

Mio: I absolutely love the contrast between her walking naked in her room and the shy way she acts with her friends. She is so horny for Tetsurou, combined with her personality you can't help but think it's cute. I wish she would be with Tetsurou, but maaan then Kanna would be alone (SHE ISN'T ENDING WITH KAITO. OVER MY DEAD BODY) and then I would just get sad. But I think that would be the best ending, with Kanna by herself. It would be emotional and we could assume she'd have a happier future ahead of her, instead of depressing over Kaito all the time. But yeah, I sort of side tracked here. Overall, I like Mio. She's quite an original character.

Kaito: He's too nerdy for my taste. There's nothing too interesting about him and I don't like it when guys are shy. He seems kind of feminine. I don't see why he's got so many admirers.

Tetsurou: He seems mature and kind, which is a nice combination. Whoever he ends up with, I won't complain, but it's pretty obvious it will be Mio. I like that he acts on his own and realizes what everyone's feeling are (when he told Kaito Kanna likes him). And it's cute that he's able to give up on what he wants (Kanna) so that she can be happy. But I'm kind of confused over his love interest, I mean he seems to flow both ways - Kanna and Mio. And after this episode, with Mio's ass revealed, I'm pretty sure he'll go for her.

Remon: She's kind of like God, I think whatever she decides will happen. But I can't help but think she's really lonely. I mean, before Ichika came in, she didn't really have any friends. Whatever, she doesn't need any. Her manipulation will do the trick, trolling all the way. And I don't want to sound like a lolicon, but she looked cute in her swimsuit, I was kind of hoping she'd take her school one, just because it reminded so much of Konata in her beach episode.

The two new girls were kind of annoying and let's be honest unrealistic. The director destroyed their characters before they even had the chance to be introduced and I just find that rude. They were put in the show as disposable characters, simply to get some reaction from Mio, Kanna and Ichika. That's probably the only thing I disliked about the episode, still it was a 5.

I hope the series doesn't go too into Ichika's background and the whole alien thing, basically the science-fiction side of the anime. It should focus entirely on the relationships.
Feb 16, 2012 6:41 AM

Oct 2010
eworm said:
And why is Senpai an alien if she's not? She's a human being - knows how to interact with people, behaves like a human, has feelings just like a human, isn't surprised about anything she sees on Earth, even falls in so-called "love" with a human boy. Nope, I see no reason why they had to make her an alien character. So forced!

I completely agree, this could've been done a lot better.
Feb 16, 2012 9:46 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty decent episode. I love the part where they 'interrogated' Kaito. lol that was so sarcastic.
Feb 16, 2012 9:49 AM

Nov 2008
kaito696 said:
ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER!!!! I'M GONNA DIE FROM ALL THIS CLIFHANGERS >______<

Rinne no Lagrange suffers from the same thing.

Feb 16, 2012 10:01 AM

Oct 2011
Hoppy said:

Rinne no Lagrange suffers from the same thing.

but here they are doing it each espiode - ok this one was strongest but rest had it also
Feb 16, 2012 12:18 PM

May 2008
Holy CRAP..love triangles EVERYWHERE..this is getting super crazy.

Feb 16, 2012 8:09 PM

Nov 2007
so everyone is jealous of something

love triangles/squares something all around

the new girls stir stuff up bu t are doomed from the start.

despite knowing Tanigawa's feelings he still shows no interest.

I'd still like Kaito /Tanigawa and Tetsuro /Mio.

but the obvious pairings, seem what we are stuck with.
Feb 16, 2012 8:33 PM

Jun 2009
this new girl not only sound like Menma but also act like her=3
Feb 17, 2012 8:56 AM

Dec 2009
When the beach episode wasn't cliche enough, the childhood friend appears!
But there's something about this anime that makes me happy everytime I watch it, I guess it's the character's relationship and so.

Anyways, I suppose they are going to show the movie in the last episode? Can't wait to see those random scenes put together. XD
Feb 17, 2012 10:01 AM

Jan 2011
The "love story" is mediorce and has been done many times before. The alien girl is annoying there isn't a single reason to like her other than "OMfG SHE IS So CUTE and SHe IS NEW!!!" really? is that what romances have come to these days? Fall in love with the girl becuase she is a new student and cute? Bullshit.

The main character has better development with the childhood friend he realizes things about her (like that hand on mouth thing) and the have good chemistry, why the hell doesn't he accept her feelings. This anime is trying so hard to be cliche that it doesn't make sense anymore.

The blue haired dude is retarded for not hooking up with the horny girl.
[center]
Feb 17, 2012 5:15 PM
Dec 2009
i like the new girl
tag©.androgynous
Feb 17, 2012 7:55 PM
Dec 2007
VioLink said:
The "love story" is mediorce and has been done many times before. The alien girl is annoying there isn't a single reason to like her other than "OMfG SHE IS So CUTE and SHe IS NEW!!!" really? is that what romances have come to these days? Fall in love with the girl becuase she is a new student and cute? Bullshit.

The main character has better development with the childhood friend he realizes things about her (like that hand on mouth thing) and the have good chemistry, why the hell doesn't he accept her feelings. This anime is trying so hard to be cliche that it doesn't make sense anymore.

The blue haired dude is retarded for not hooking up with the horny girl.
One thing you should know is: you shall not hook with horny girls. Best keep those in the "friends with benefits" column for those nights you are aching for some.

As for the rest, I dare say this show is starting to get annoying with the amount of cliches and the "love at first sight" bull (let's not get into how he and his sister allowed a complete stranger with uncertain origins to stay at their house (while the sister was out of the country no-less). Besides, what's so interesting about the main character that he suddenly has 3 girls vying for his attention?

Feb 17, 2012 8:59 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Besides, what's so interesting about the main character that he suddenly has 3 girls vying for his attention?

Well, I'll be the first to admit I'm not interested in Kaito in the least - he's not my type. Ichika, however, every time she starts talking about Quan Linkages, Bio-interfaces, Gravity stabilizers, and such, well, that turns me on. Can't help myself when a girl talks geeky like that ;)
Feb 18, 2012 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
OMG! This was such an amazing episode! And this show automatically wins Anime-with-most-amazing-expressions-of-the-year Award.

Kanna is such a lovely girl. I cannot somehow root for Kaito and Ichika just because of her.

Leon-Gun said:
Besides, what's so interesting about the main character that he suddenly has 3 girls vying for his attention?

I don't know how it works in anime but according to Anaru in Ano Hana [Source: Episode #05 #t 00:17:36], Jintan looked more like Hey! Say! Jump!!'s Ryosuke Yamada, and apparently, he is immensely popular within Japanese teenage girls. If you asked me, if I am to stick with Anaru's words, Kaito is more like Ryosuke Yamada with glasses ;)

This should explain why girls are head-over-heels falling for him.

More just a click away:
shanimebibFeb 18, 2012 8:22 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 18, 2012 8:25 AM

Jan 2011
For some reason, I'm extremely disappointed with this episode, but I don't know why.
Will continue to watch and I'll see how it goes.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 18, 2012 10:52 PM
Jun 2011
I have a theory. The part where Rinon was squished and then the scene changes to the ship reacting. I think Kaito's health will also respond and maybe it'll make his health unstable or something.
Feb 19, 2012 7:48 AM

Feb 2012
MasterMeNL said:
For some reason, I'm extremely disappointed with this episode, but I don't know why.
Will continue to watch and I'll see how it goes.

It's the "beach" episode, complete with a storm of cliches and fanservice. I'd like to think that it's going to get better, as long as they leave Okinawa for EP7.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.