Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2012 12:13 PM

Jan 2011
It was surprising - I almost believed that Mei don't exist. And I had a feeling that the next person who will die is that guy with heart disease - it was predictable. But it seems that he died because he broke the class rules - this show is getting more and more similiar to Higurashi.
Feb 7, 2012 12:16 PM
Apr 2011
What I don't get is that when it shows the other students looking at Sakakibara-kun when he's talking to Mei, it shows Sakakibara-kun by himself. That makes it seem like Mei is a figment of his imagination. Did the class just will themselves to literally not see Mei anymore? It's confusing. :o
Feb 7, 2012 12:31 PM

May 2011
Queen_Stars said:
BossLuffy said:
I wish the MC would nail that red-head girl already... >:I

The tsundere with the pigtails? If so, why rush?
I'm willing to place a bet that if this series continues down the mass death path, the 'cute tsundere' will be there at the end.
Oh yeah I am hoping to see her as a cute tsundere somewhere down the line, she's got such a potential to be great lol.

Now that all the concerning mystery about Mei is gone, and she started showing some emotions. She's actually really cute and can be very moe (as seen in the preview). Hmm... looks like she really does exist. I wonder how she got chosen to be the nonexistent person in the first place. And now that Kouichi has joined her ranks, looks like she's really loosening up. Looking forward to next episode, looks like they are gunna spend much more time together.

Great to finally find out what the secret was. Very intriguing mystery, I like it. My guess for the dead person is going to be Kouichi or that glasses student, Kazami. He looks so dull and dead just like that teacher.
Feb 7, 2012 1:05 PM
Feb 2012
One thing I am still having trouble understanding. People are complaining he broke the rules.

Can someone tell me which episode they tell him the rules, cause from what I watched, it was basically, we're keeping them a secret and wtf, why didn't you know the rules??

MC: Cause you never actually told me them!

I know he gets calls and the guy says, don't take to things that don't exist, but it really feels like they basically are annoyed that he started it, but never made the effort to explain.

Or is it just bad translation?

EDIT: Didn't see page 7 and it seems 3 other people have the same question.
KendjinFeb 7, 2012 1:10 PM
Feb 7, 2012 1:09 PM
Sep 2011
I think we should be more critical about what Mei said and take eveything with a grain of salt. The supposed curse is merely a hypothesis and will be one for the foreseeable future since the supernatural can't be scientifically proven.

The countermeasure the class has decided on can be seen as a desperate attempt to save what still can be saved. There's no evidence that it will work especially since it is stated that the string of casualties can't be stopped once started.
EudaimoniaFeb 7, 2012 1:25 PM
Feb 7, 2012 1:14 PM
Feb 2012
@Witchhunteress

"And about his mother...if she died 15 years ago, it might be because SOMEONE related to her was in class 3. And somehow, the only thing I could think of as related to her at that time was her sister, Reiko."

A line in this episode was....

Reiko: I don't remember it was 15 years ago and I hate that bird. (which asks her why?)

This means that her sister died cause of her being in that class. The librarian knows the rumors and now knows what happened.
KendjinFeb 7, 2012 1:29 PM
Feb 7, 2012 1:27 PM

Nov 2009
Kendjin said:
Can someone tell me which episode they tell him the rules, cause from what I watched, it was basically, we're keeping them a secret and wtf, why didn't you know the rules??

MC: Cause you never actually told me !

They never told him outright. They're going in circles, squares, whatever about it. =.=

Yeah, it's their terrible projection to Kouichi actually. Although Akazawa regrets about it, she doesn't say it's not Kouichi's fault either (or did she?). Anyway, I do believe Reiko 15 years ago being in third class has a somewhat connection to Ritsuko's death. After all, there's nobody plausible who could be connected to her at that time (and it's unlikely that there's somebody not introduced to us yet that's related to Kouichi's mother at that time? Cousins? Nahhh =.=).
witchhuntressFeb 7, 2012 1:33 PM

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Feb 7, 2012 1:36 PM
Apr 2010
I'm still confused by the "it" meaning that since the death 25(?) years ago "the class started to invite death". That to me just doesn't make sense, as to WHY it did that. Which then makes me question the WHY people die because there is an "extra" person. The whole premise of the "extra" person = death for other people is kinda weak on it's own.

I want more info, but I know that the show won't divulge all of it in one infodump ep. That'd be anticlimactic (not to mention stupid). For now, I'm not even scared, just plain curious of all the WHY's going on in the series.
Feb 7, 2012 1:53 PM

Nov 2009
pilipino101 said:
I'm still confused by the "it" meaning that since the death 25(?) years ago "the class started to invite death". That to me just doesn't make sense, as to WHY it did that. Which then makes me question the WHY people die because there is an "extra" person. The whole premise of the "extra" person = death for other people is kinda weak on it's own.
I want more info, but I know that the show won't divulge all of it in one infodump ep. That'd be anticlimactic (not to mention stupid). For now, I'm not even scared, just plain curious of all the WHY's going on in the series.
Hmmm theoretically, the reason why the dead person comes in 3rd class every year was that the students in third class 26 years ago treated the dead Misaki as alive. Such collective treatment (not only the power of 3, but a power of like 29 people?) must have been so powerful (meaning, their delusional reality...so made real for them) to concoct the
curse: Someone who previously died and is connected to the third class joins the third class as
though alive.

Why people die because of this extra person? It probably wants to belong to the class, not just an extra one. It wants to be even, not the odd. So to speak, if you don't appease the dead, it would hold grudges...deaths. Seems like the dead person wants the class to have a fixed number as to how many there were in third class 26 years ago; any number of students more than it, someone
must be eliminated willingly or not. Quite cruel and selfish of the dead person if you think about it.

Feb 7, 2012 2:28 PM

Jan 2012
nice episode!
Mika_Inamori said:
that guy said "I'm sorry"

he didn't ignore i hope he dies next hahaha

NOO!!!!....
Feb 7, 2012 2:47 PM

Oct 2010
Hello Monad! I like your post so I will reply to it.
Monad said:
VanillaIceCream said:
Sir_Lexa said:
VanillaIceCream said:
What I don't get, though, is why has the curse started again? Is it because Kouichi joined the class? And if so, could it mean Kouichi himself is dead?

Cause he didn't ignore Misaki. Probably.

Oh wait, that makes sense now. Still, I'm really curious to find out who the dead person is. I hope we find out before the very last episode.

It doesn't make sense to me. If they can ignore a leaving human in the place of the dead then what matters is the number and not that they have the dead right? So shouldn't his arrival in the class disrupt that number? Or it doesn't matter how many people they have but only that they ignore one person as a replacement for the dead one? But if that is the case shouldn't that be disrupt too now that they are ignoring two people? This makes no sense.
To plain explain simply, Kouichi was accepted as part of the unknown number. If he was not accepted by the thing it would have killed him long. Because he is not the it means it does not matter. If the thing accepts you then you are part of the extra that was chosen. It cares not for anything else. If it accepts you are not dead but those around you.
Monad said:
Also why the hell didn't they tell him this from the start. They seemed like they tried to hide it because of a reason but now that we know there doesn't seem to be much of a reason not telling him immediately the way the class operates and why. Anyone knowing nothing would of-course become curious of why the girl he sees in the class seems to be non existing to the others. Couldn't they figure that out, did they really thought he will ignore her instead of getting curious?
I think that before they could do anything it was too late. The moment he started talking to her no one would dare to involve himself with him. The result is more clear as people died next to him like in this episode.
Monad said:
Another last thing is why the hell are all acting like zombies at certain moments if they are alive? Do you remember the non-reaction when he was presented at the class. Everyone was just sitting there with dead eyes. What the hell was all that about? Just to make a creepy atmosphere? That bad directing.
It was a creepy reaction but do know that emotional response of being happy to have some new person = to disrupting a rule. The rule of not feeling like the thing does. We don't know that but we do know that if done the opposite naturally it can lead to more calamity. So the class concludes I assume. So it's bad directing. It good! Why? Vague and being kept in mystery.
Monad said:
Anyway did anyone die before he entered the class? I imagine they didn't ignore her from the first day as she said they started ignoring her recently. So did anyone die? If it did then there was a dead person already in the class before our main arrived and so there is a strong possibility that he ain't dead and definitely not the single dead person if he is dead.
There might have been some death but perhaps not if they found out the extra right away. It could be possible that because there was a dead person that seat should have been filled up for the calamity so they had to put him in that class. I assume it as being a rule itself not shown yet but I am not sure of that one.
Monad said:
As about finding the person. Can't they just measure their pulse or something? The dead person may have a body and mind but it can't have a beating heart and staff to or else it's basically alive and shouldn't be called a dead person. So just check for a heart beat and breathing. Is it really that hard?
The person it not considered alive but is considered as close to being alive like a human. It's a metaphor that its manifestation is as strong as a human standing next to you doing those things to you. Should be considered as exactly meaning the literal sense but metamorphic.
Monad said:
And does not having a class 3 failed? Just ignore the class altogether and the room. I get that the class 3 students moving classroom might not save them but from next year it might start working since no students will become class 3 students.
It won't. The thing will ignore all that and kill way more. What they don't want. So it matters not. As long as all they need to do and not to do cause no more deaths then so be it. It won't make a difference if it does not work and people still get killed.
Monad said:
One last thing was the strange dialog about his mother. The guy talking to him seemed to have a different idea about when his mother died. That must have been a clew.
I think not. I think that he knew the mother and her circumstances whom will be revealed more later on.
mystik said:
err some of this just doesn't make sense.

HOW CAN HE GO BY THE CLASS RULES IF NOBODY WILL TELL HIM WHAT THEY ARE?
He can't and has to deal himself with it. Would you care about him when you know saying something can kill you? I would not even bother. I would save my skin in all this.
mystik said:
so they ignore him after he asks questions that nobody will or can answers?
No because they die by saying too much, who want to take a risk like that?
mystik said:
shouldn't they just tell him by the rules he can't ask questions now?
Not sure of that. Even if they would one wrong thing and it could be them being dead.
mystik said:
eye patch girl isn't a guy just the "ignored one", okay I get it they have to ignore one person to offset the casualties. now with the deaths and 2 ignored people shouldn't that fuck up the rule set again?
Not if the rule master sees it OK.
mystik said:
the tsundere girl probably won't die for a while but I can't see her doing a good job.
Indeed, that face and eyes!
Yumekichi11Feb 7, 2012 2:52 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 7, 2012 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
sayami said:
I doubt Sakakibara is the dead guy. I'm wondering what role his mother will play in all of this?

Like others have pointed out, his aunt Reiko is pretty suspicious to me too. Kouchi's mother died 15 years ago after giving birth to him. Reiko was in grade 9 class 3, 15 years ago. For some reason, she can't remember anything about it when asked - "It was 15 years ago..." Probably not a coincidence. She must have broken the taboo which resulted in Kouchi's mother's death or something similar. Which may be a reason why the pet bird bothers her so much.
Feb 7, 2012 3:44 PM
Feb 2012
This anime just keeps surprising me and with 7 eps left more will be coming
But i still cant bare the truth that Mei is completely normal and that her classmates were just ignoring her .
What about when Kouichi first met Mei in the elevator and then she told him that she has to deliver something to her poor other half at the basement ?
And what is up with all these creepy dolls,maybe the "dead person" is a doll O.O
still the story just started to heat up so more peaces of the mystery are still on the way
Feb 7, 2012 4:04 PM
Dec 2007
A lot of things to reflect on for the next episodes. And as expected, Misaki really exist.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 7, 2012 4:14 PM

Sep 2011
Best episode so far \\*_*//
Feb 7, 2012 4:47 PM
Jun 2010
Okay.. now that I know Mei is alive I am worried for her now.. since she's alive she has a chance to die ;_;

But main thing I don't understand is.. if the killings are occurring because there is an extra person.. and if someone dies... doesn't it make them not have an extra person anymore?
Feb 7, 2012 5:02 PM

Nov 2009
MistahBlob said:
Okay.. now that I know Mei is alive I am worried for her now.. since she's alive she has a chance to die ;_;
But main thing I don't understand is.. if the killings are occurring because there is an extra person.. and if someone dies... doesn't it make them not have an extra person anymore?

I think Mei/Akazawa said something about the deaths: Once it has begun, it can't be stopped. Meaning, the extra person gives no chances at all. Even if the curse is the cause of a student's "accidental" death and that student's death makes the number of students satisfactory to the extra person, the deaths won't stop once someone broke the "no speaking to the living-marked-as-nonexistent" rule.

BUT, what if they kill themselves? So far, the deaths were involuntary. But what if it wasn't? What if somebody killed him or herself as a REAL SACRIFICE?

WHO is up to the job? I think that's quite an interesting query.

So far, everyone in class has been thinking about self-preservation than self-sacrifice...
witchhuntressFeb 7, 2012 7:58 PM

Feb 7, 2012 5:07 PM

Jun 2010
I don't think she is alive. I just can't.
Feb 7, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2010
Wow the biggest troll would be if Sakaki was actually the dead person :I
Naw but if what Mei says is true about no stopping it, then wouldn't this whole thing be rather useless ._. I'm somewhat leaning towards the possibility that another death will occur and they'll all realize ignoring Sakaki now is pretty pointless
But man just when Takabayashi was being nice, this curse is too cruel :(
Next epi: date? ;P
Feb 7, 2012 7:47 PM

Dec 2011
shin-angel said:
Best episode so far *_*//

Agree! Can't wait for the next episode.. Starting to wonder if Sakakibara is the dead one.. or if he is the one drawing the dead in. His mom had something to do with the original class..

Feb 7, 2012 8:13 PM

Aug 2011
Was it just me or did this episode feel very confusing and awkward with the sudden reveal of information?

I honestly thought Misaki (the eye patch one) was dead, but now she's just a normal girl with a really cool apartment? On a similar note, if Misaki and Kouichi get into a romantic relationship, then this anime will be officially ruined.

Also, I bet Kouichi is actually dead.
Feb 7, 2012 8:19 PM
Jul 2009
I'm going to place a bet that Kouichi's aunt dies. She's obviously not going to ignore him cause she's at home and doesn't know anything, right? She was also part of class 3 right?
I say you she gon' die!

Also, when the librarian dude said "I see". Wasn't his aunt in class 3 around 15 years a go???
Kakkoi-KunFeb 7, 2012 8:26 PM
Feb 7, 2012 8:20 PM

Nov 2011
Finally we have some explanations! I'm so happy! XD

Well I never thought Mei was the bad person but now we have some rules to follow and look at that, maybe the "another" one doesn't even know him/herself to be the one. So yeah, great potential now.

And that preview was OTPing Sakakibara and Misaki soooo much. XD I hope they don't lose sight of the plot to do just romance and keep this rhytmn!

Btw I see skeptcism over Mei being alive or not but what if she is?! We would be left with still another great question to answer "what is the stuff about her eye that she said that could see special things" in the eyepatch cliffhanger episode?

bakuramariks said:

I love this moment. Mei is hidden by that guy sitting there, and it makes you wonder if Mei really exist. Great.
We got answers this ep. and now we already know that Mei isn't a ghost.

I thought the same, great scene.

Wordsmith said:
I expect that they will now start to look for the dead person (I suspect the male teacher - he teaches like a Zombie XD)

Also, one question:

I'm not into disabled girls - at all!

So.... WHY THE FARK IS MEI SO FARKING MOE? >.<

I totally agree with the male zombie teacher. XD And Mei is moe because she has such a soft and mellow personality that makes you want to cuddle and protect her, it's nothing about eyepatches dude. lol

bastek66 said:
Series turns better since previous episodes. OP is still shit and I know most of spoilers but Misaki is damn cute.

Actually I love that OP. It's my favorite one this season!

Monad said:
VanillaIceCream said:
Sir_Lexa said:
VanillaIceCream said:
What I don't get, though, is why has the curse started again? Is it because Koichi joined the class? And if so, could it mean Koichi himself is dead?

Cause he didn't ignore Misaki. Probably.

Oh wait, that makes sense now. Still, I'm really curious to find out who the dead person is. I hope we find out before the very last episode.

It doesn't make sense to me. If they can ignore a leaving human in the place of the dead then what matters is the number and not that they have the dead right?

Also why the hell didn't they tell him this from the start.

As about finding the person. Can't they just measure their pulse or something?

One last thing was the strange dialog about his mother. The guy talking to him seemed to have a different idea about when his mother died. That must have been a clew.

Class numbers or official stuff doesn't matter. Mei mentioned even their memories were tampered so the people recognition of the class number (and probably the "another" recognition too) is what matters.

They probably had not tell him because they would die like the heart guy. Sakakibara got there after they started to ignore Mei right? I guess the "charm" works like this; after some point near the beginning of 9h grade class 3 school year they pick someone to ignore and talk about them is dangerous.

So they needed to say "hey, ignore Misaki Mei" without mentioning "Misaki Mei" because they must act as if she didn't exist which end up in phrases like that megane guy saying "Sakakibara, don't meddle with things that don't exists."

After "it" starts they can't explain the rules without breaking them so they just hoped for him to luckily follow then I guess.

Dead person is probably alive for all that's worth and has a pulse. It just serves to anchors the curse in the classroom. Alternative ways would be needed I guess, like checking medical records of live classmates somehow I guess, but there's the memory tampering thingy... It's hard to know what loophole they'll choose to pass that.

About the mother...

Cinerary said:
sayami said:
I doubt Sakakibara is the dead guy. I'm wondering what role his mother will play in all of this?

Like others have pointed out, his aunt Reiko is pretty suspicious to me too. Kouchi's mother died 15 years ago after giving birth to him. Reiko was in grade 9 class 3, 15 years ago. For some reason, she can't remember anything about it when asked - "It was 15 years ago..." Probably not a coincidence. She must have broken the taboo which resulted in Kouchi's mother's death or something similar. Which may be a reason why the pet bird bothers her so much.

It was 15 years ago too? Oh if that's the case I totally agree it must happen that! xD
TBOkmphFeb 7, 2012 8:24 PM
Feb 7, 2012 8:35 PM

Feb 2012
kittybell said:
What if... his mom died while pregnant with him, he was never born and his whole life is a lie. Now he's part of the class that caused his mom to die, as the 'dead' person, and he just carries the curse on. Dun dun dunnnn!

This popped into my head as well.

I like how once you realize shes not a ghost she's like, hey... let's do something normal? And I'll just elaborate everything into reason? :)
Feb 7, 2012 8:40 PM

Aug 2011
The story is awesome.

Mei is awesome.

This episode was awesome.

This show is awesome.

Feb 7, 2012 9:53 PM

Oct 2011
You, the viewer, are the extra student. .___.
MaiTaiFeb 7, 2012 9:57 PM

Feb 7, 2012 11:30 PM

Mar 2011
Okay, I dont get it now. In the first class, a girl dies, and they chose to not ignore her... and now for each upcoming class, they have to ignore someone? errr...

I knew Mei wasnt dead from the start (for now, at least... I kinda knew they would leave viewers on the edge of that one, but I still believe Mei is alive).

As for the dead one, I think its either Sakakibara or that one class officer chick...
Feb 8, 2012 12:02 AM
Dec 2007
shadesofblack07 said:
Okay, I dont get it now. In the first class, a girl dies, and they chose to not ignore her... and now for each upcoming class, they have to ignore someone? errr...

I knew Mei wasnt dead from the start (for now, at least... I kinda knew they would leave viewers on the edge of that one, but I still believe Mei is alive).

As for the dead one, I think its either Sakakibara or that one class officer chick...
Just to clear it up the curse began because Class 3 couldn't accept reality, so the Class was haunted to forever have an "extra student" it should not have. Unless they somehow deny it's existence mysterious deaths happen to people in or related to Class 3. By choosing someone at random and claiming that someone doesn't exist they basically try to undo the curse. The fact that apparently the year before the current one had no cursed deaths can be considered either pure coincidence or that they did catch on to a way of evading the curse but regardless it seems temporary.

Now that explains why Misaki Mei was chosen (probably because she's a Misaki they thought she was the perfect candidate), but why Sakakibara you may wonder? That's because it has begun, and in their eyes it begun because he broke the charm and acknowledge what "doesn't exist". So in their eyes the only thing they can do now to try to amend the mistake and salvage it is by pretending the culprit doesn't exist either. Since Sakakibara doesn't exist, he couldn't have acknowledge Mei who also doesn't exist, and no there's no extra people again. Now, even if their method worked there's still the fact it's been almost impossible now for them, who already became acquainted with Sakakibara, to completely ignore him. Notice how everyone is still acknowledging his existence, even though they try their hardest to ignore him. So this is bound to fail and the curse will keep going. Unless we're still being misled here.

Feb 8, 2012 7:20 AM

Sep 2010
I didn't give a fuck about that guy, he was completely unimportant but still a bit sad for him.
Finally some unraveling about the last 26 years, but there's still a lot to be explained. I'm not getting though why it's not possible to just transfer one of the students to class 9-2 for example.
Edit: I completely forgot that teacher(s), what the heck is wrong with them, especially it looks like something's not right with female teacher.

It seems next episode is going to feature some places we saw in the very first scene of episode 1, I find it interesting that Sakakibara will develop some kind of relation with Mei, since everyone is pretty sure there is something with her. The things I'm the most curious about at the moment are Mei's mother and that weird mansion that can be seen in the opening, and probably the ending suggests the same place.
ObinderuFeb 8, 2012 7:33 AM
Feb 8, 2012 7:26 AM

May 2010
What a surprise Misaki is actually a real person !!
Feb 8, 2012 7:48 AM

Jul 2011
So far i like all the explanation, and Misaki seems more lively now that she has someone who shares the same treatment as her...
Feb 8, 2012 9:50 AM
Feb 2012
So, basically, Mei is Alive.
There are 29 students in the class (Excluding MC), but there should only be 28.
The class (and their relatives) needs to treat someone as "nonexistent" to nullify the curse.
When someone treats an extra person to be existing he/she will be most likely to be the next victim.
If there are two or more person that treats an extra person to be existing then one of them will be cursed.

Since MC transferred to the school, I guess he really doesn't belong to the class because he's still alive even after treating no one nonexistent in the class or in other words, he's immune to the curse.
Feb 8, 2012 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
i thought misaki was dead.
but she isnt ;o.
Feb 8, 2012 10:02 AM

Oct 2010
Why does everyone want the pigtail girl dead? I quite like her so far. Guys, how could Kouichi be the dead person, if he only just joined the class and the curse has been going on for ages?
Feb 8, 2012 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
I'm assuming they're ignoring Sakakibara to nullify the curse, right? Because, though he's spoken to Mei before, if they ignore him, acknowledging Mei makes no difference because neither of them exist.
Feb 8, 2012 12:37 PM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Now, even if their method worked there's still the fact it's been almost impossible now for them, who already became acquainted with Sakakibara, to completely ignore him. Notice how everyone is still acknowledging his existence, even though they try their hardest to ignore him. So this is bound to fail and the curse will keep going. Unless we're still being misled here.
Of the Notice the list offers 2 proofs to further that.
  • The glasses girl in the spoiler
    made a glance whereas most people did not. So that is interesting as to why exactly. IMO her curiosity will get the best of her.

• The people in the spoiler
    confirm of the their difficulty of ignoring Kouichi. No matter how hard they try there, they still acknowledge Kouichi’s existence. So they fail already from that spoiler.
So it proves quite well what you mention my friend. I just did some observations around.

Furthermore did you see the new people in the OP in the spoiler
the brother of the Nurse is there and the teacher of the class. Yup done my job in paying attention to the OP. It does change each time there is a death. Next one will have someone else as the victim I bet.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 8, 2012 12:38 PM

Sep 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

my money is going on either the blue haired kid or the red haired girl
Hmmm... I first want to be sure that it's not the female teacher, but since I get the feeling she's gonna get killed in the next ep I don't think so. I don't know, I just don't know.

@Yumekichi11
I also noticed last ep that Yukari also vanished from the OP, I didn't pay attention this time though.
ObinderuFeb 8, 2012 12:43 PM
Feb 8, 2012 1:17 PM

Mar 2008
HOLY SHIT! AN ACQUAINTANCE DISCOVERED SOMETHING SCARY!

REIKO IS THE DEAD!
And, she is teacher Mikami!

They never talk Mikami's surname or the first name of Reiko.
Mikami always appears in strange scenes. In the third episode in 15m when Mikami appears there are one meaningless flashforward of Kouchi at home.
And, in the first episode when Kouchi's grandfather is in front of the altar of his dead mother he says "If only that hadn't happened to Ritsuko...", at least in Crunchyroll subs, but in fact he says the name of Reiko.

What that says Bird "Why Rei? Why?" should actually be "Why ReiKO? "Why you dead, ReiKO" mimicking the older.
It is for this reason that Reiko bother so much with this bird, and she feels sick should be a consequence of the deaths she caused!
Feb 8, 2012 1:27 PM

Nov 2009
@PaninaManina:

Even if your friend discovered something, PLEASE DON'T SPOIL IT FOR OTHERS. THIS IS AN ANIME EPISODE 5 DISCUSSION FOR FREAKING HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!!

CAN'T YOU KEEP IT TO YOURSELF??

Honestly! Insufferable know-it-all!
witchhuntressFeb 8, 2012 1:31 PM

Feb 8, 2012 1:40 PM

Dec 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
akutasame94 said:
the_trainman said:
You people have a nice forum here :)

Just to get the most obvious thing out of the way - the writers aren't that stupid and Kouichi IS NOT the extra one (I've read the manga).

Don't spoil it like that.... Read the first post...
come on thats not a spoiler, its freaking obvious that hes not the extra, i ahvent read the manga and dont plan on it cause ide ruin the suspense this show builds each week but i can tell its not him just based off of using my head for 5 seconds to think about how implausible it really is

my money is going on either the blue haired kid or the red haired girl

Sometimes when something is obvious it is exactly the opposite... :D

It's not real spoiler, but we kept guessing, and now we now for sure...
Feb 8, 2012 2:17 PM

Mar 2008
witchhuntress said:
@PaninaManina:

Even if your friend discovered something, PLEASE DON'T SPOIL IT FOR OTHERS. THIS IS AN ANIME EPISODE 5 DISCUSSION FOR FREAKING HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!!

Wat?
This is all about what was show in this 5 episodes.
It's just a theory.
Feb 8, 2012 2:19 PM

Sep 2010
PaninaManina said:
witchhuntress said:
@PaninaManina:

Wat?
It's just a theory.
Then just fucking don't pretend as if you're spoiling something!!
Sorry, I just was kinda angry over it, but I'm glad it was just a theory. I think I'm going to stop reading this discussion though.
Feb 8, 2012 2:24 PM

May 2011
the_trainman said:
You people have a nice forum here :)

Just to get the most obvious thing out of the way********************************************** (I've read the manga).

And it's not

All I can say *********************************************.

You know i read the manga too; cause I was an impatient retard and wanted to know things and couldn't stand the wait. But I don't go blabbing it all over the Anime discussions, because i know it'll ruin the story for people. I also do my best to not give info that hasn't been shown in the current episode. You should GOD DAMN know better than to even comment that shit on this forum, Jackass.

P.S. For people chastising him. YES BY ALL MEANS bitch his ass out! However, Just report his ass to the Mods and don't quote his text in your comment. It makes it harder for mods to clear this shit up as it plasters the same spoiling comments all over the damn thread.

-------------------

It must be jackass troll day on the forums.
CirrisFeb 8, 2012 2:43 PM
Feb 8, 2012 2:25 PM

Dec 2009
There's something i don't get it. Sakakibara is a transfer student, that means he has increased the number of people in the class, therefore he would be treated as non-existent soon or later. So why the students even talked to him in the first place?

One more thing, the fact that one of Mei's relative died doesn't implie that she isn't the non-existent person? I mean, if she were, why would the "curse" do something to her? Unless the other students don't know that her cousin died.
LiinahFeb 8, 2012 2:28 PM
Feb 8, 2012 2:28 PM

Sep 2010
Liinah said:
There's something i don't get it. Sakakibara is a transfer student, that means he has increased the number of people in the class, therefore he would be treated as non-existent soon or later. So why the students even talked to him in the first place?
I really don't have any idea, that's what I'm questioning myself too.
Feb 8, 2012 2:35 PM

Apr 2009
Liinah said:

One more thing, the fact that one of Mei's relative died doesn't implie that she isn't the non-existent person? I mean, if she were, why would the "curse" do something to her? Unless the other students don't know that her cousin died.

If I understood right there is ever only one 'dead' among them, so they only need to ignore one person, Mei. They ignore Sakakibara now in attempt to minimize the damage, not make up for another dead.

26 years ago acting like Mei was still alive made the class suitable for the dead to physically manifest, but it also works the other way around; instead of coming from the dead to live as a student, a person related to the class can suddenly die because of the thin veil. In practice this happens when anyone recognizes there exists a dead person among them by talking about it or in the umbrella girl's case just thinking about it strongly. It doesn't even need to happen in the classroom which makes me wonder if my interpretation is entirely correct though, but that's the idea.
Feb 8, 2012 2:54 PM

May 2009
This show is so gloomy rather than scary.
Feb 8, 2012 3:00 PM

Dec 2010
MielxFoxie said:
You, the viewer, are the extra student. .___.

Mind = blown.
Feb 8, 2012 3:07 PM

Dec 2009
VictimOfFate said:
Liinah said:

If I understood right there is ever only one 'dead' among them, so they only need to ignore one person, Mei. They ignore Sakakibara now in attempt to minimize the damage, not make up for another dead.

Oh, it does make sense.
Feb 8, 2012 3:35 PM

Nov 2009
Liinah said:

Kouichi is a transfer student, yes, but I think he was already included in the class list; so, he doesn't increase the class. He was supposed to be on the first day of class, remember? But he had that sickness, so he was in the hospital or at home from April to early May. (School years in Japan start at near of April, I guess...*shrugs)

About Mei's cousin's death: I'm also thinking about it. I have a lot of wild guesses...

a.) Misaki Fujioka (Mei's cousin) was also in 3rd year, 3rd class. She's the one who didn't have a desk and a chair (I've counted the picture with the people in the class; there were 30 desks all in all, 5 columns and 6 rows). She died...before May 1...and the class chose Mei as the nonexistent and ignored her from May 1.

b.) Misaki Fujioka wasn't in 3rd year, 3rd class, but she died because [of the curse?] 3rd year, 3rd class didn't choose a nonexistent before May 1. SO, it was only on May 1, that Mei became nonexistent.

c.) Misaki Fujioka was neither in 3rd year, 3rd class nor dead due to the curse. Akazawa, Kazami, and Sakuragi only began making Mei nonexistent on May 1 because only then did they establish everything (who's nonexistent) and their belief of the curse.

=.= Confusing, right? Sigh...

PaninaManina said:

Wat?
It's just a theory.

If it was a theory, then you should have worded it differently. "Discovered" didn't sound like a theory at all. I'm sorry if I snapped, but it's just really infuriating when somebody spoils the fun.

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.