Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 30, 2012 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A girl with glasses praying about her low test score, and got to accident. Fortunately, just hurting ankle.

She met Natsume when she was junior high (she didn't have glasses). Her mother also said he's dangerous, who kicked her or alone, or seeing what not seem to normal people.

She did suspect him seeing something.

Many times seeing Natsume besides glasses broken, so he got transferred soon after.

One of the guys seeing Natsume. Her friends saying that she likes him.

A youkai is with him now that he saw when he was in the girl mentioned in first part of the ep. Then also a huge youkai... He cursed people around him to be dead, unless he can escape it for a month (just a joke).

That's when he hid in the shrine (he really kicked her because it was behind her). lol @ it enjoying the game. And the breaking of the glasses was from the youkai. When Natsume said he's going to transfer, it said he was just a god and hated him.

Smaller youkai was just sticking on him for a while.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 30, 2012 10:38 AM

Nov 2008
Wow! First time we actually see a girl interested in Natsume other than Sasada or Taki.

But it would have been nice if they had met again!

The preview looks interesting! It seems like someone takes over his body.
Jan 30, 2012 11:35 AM

Feb 2010
I lol'ed when i saw Natori's poster at wall. I really wanna see him again.

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jan 30, 2012 12:14 PM

Aug 2010
That was... beautiful.
I shed some tears at the end, and I really liked Yuriko, I was hoping for they to meet again.
10/10
Jan 30, 2012 12:14 PM

May 2009
NATORI!!!
Brains Base, why are you being such a tease?! I want to see Natori in person soon, please. *sob* But it was nice seeing his posters. Ogata has been a Natori fan girl for a few years, clearly. XD
Aaaargh, I want Natori even more now! Evil Brains Base, hmph.

The episode was lovely. I always love these flashback stories in the manga, but the anime really does a wonderful job making the story even more atmospheric and heart-warming. <3

Looking forward to next week's episode despite Natori's absence. But Tanuma episodes are always beautiful, so...
Jan 30, 2012 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
ClementIV said:

But it would have been nice if they had met again!

Yeah I thought so too, it's a pity.
Jan 30, 2012 12:30 PM

Jun 2011
She looked as though she truly liked Natsume.
Oh I wished they meet again
It was a good thing that the yokai that chased him around protected the girl
It was a great flash back of the two that made a wonderful episode
Jan 30, 2012 12:46 PM

Aug 2010
Romance, give me more. It's the only thing lacking..

Jan 30, 2012 12:47 PM

Jul 2009
I actually found that tiny red 'Clingbug' youkai cute.

Ogata was pleasant, I liked her sence of logic.

I see a bit of myself in Natsume - it only takes a day or two before people see me as 'the strange one', difference is, I'm fine with it. :P

I like the reeper youkai, he just wanted some attention and proved a great troll. :P
He reminded me of that female youkai from the last series who loitered in tree's and attempted to frighten people who passed by - I hope Natsume pays a visit to this reeper as he did with her.

Interesting looking preview.

ByeByeMrMoon said:

IMO, I wouldn't mind, though this series doesn't really need it, romance is everywhere else.

Jan 30, 2012 1:13 PM

Aug 2010
any episode that has flashback about Natsume is one of my favorites

and yeah she liked him ... it would've been better if they met again but anyway it was a great episode

lol @ the preview ..funny episode is coming next week

Queen_Stars said:

ByeByeMrMoon said:

IMO, I wouldn't mind, though this series doesn't really need it, romance is everywhere else.

I'd love to see more romance ...actually the magazine which Natsume Yujinchou's manga is published in is LaLa a shoujo manga magazine and that makes it weird to not have any romance in it
fayotakuJan 30, 2012 1:32 PM
Jan 30, 2012 1:58 PM
Apr 2011
this show warms my soul ^^
Jan 30, 2012 2:30 PM

Jul 2010
Argh. Running down stairs and umbrellas. ANOTHER. Lawlz.

But I absolutely positively loved that episode. Best one this season so far. Just so purely beautiful and wonderful :) I want a continuation! Natsume and Ogata have to meet!!!!!!!!!!
However, them meeting really wouldn't have accomplished anything. They've moved beyond that time and don't have any regrets to what happened. A really beautiful concept if you ask me :D

But poor Natsume-kun, he was hurt so much when he was little :/

I feel so awesome and warm and fuzzy inside :3

Next episode looks cool. I'm excited! :D
Jan 30, 2012 2:32 PM

Jul 2011
One of the biggest pleasures of my life is to be reminded that now Natsume is happy, he makes me smile so much i look like an idiot.

Next episode: Natsume with an evil look & tiny Natsume in a bottle = I'm sure it must be hilarious
Jan 30, 2012 3:27 PM
Dec 2007
Is it me or is this fourth season even more awesome than the first three ? The episode was beautifully executed and narration was perfect once again. Oh, and the preview seemed to indicate that the next one will be fantastic too, evil Natsume ftw !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 30, 2012 3:38 PM

Jan 2011
It's nice to know that there were people like Ogata who have positive memories of Natsume, and who he also has positive memories of.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 30, 2012 3:42 PM

Jul 2010
Very sweet episode. I liked that it focused a lot on how the youkai affect Natsume's relationships with other people.

Also not all shoujo need to be romance guys.
Jan 30, 2012 3:44 PM

Feb 2011
Thoughts as I'm watching:

LOL, NATTORI POSTER. Unloved~

Natsume kicked a girl, LOL.

Natsume's long hair makes him look like a little emo boy.

Aw, Natsume stopped to pet a kitty ;D.

Poor Natsume, she can't see that youkai is harassing him.

With the rain and all, Yuriko reminds me of Sasafune the mermaid, maybe the way her eyes and the way her hair falls I guess?

IT NOT NATSUME'S FAULT, WHHHYYYYYYYY . . . !!????

KAPPA-PLUSHIE, ME WANT.

Kuro-Nyanko-sensei ;D~!

Aw T___T;;

Man, suckage.

This is so hilarious yet sad at the same time.

Just realized the thing in its mouth was a tennis ball, lol.

Another brilliant episode.

Preview: . .. Natsume as delinquent PFFTTTT XDDDDDD . . .
Jan 30, 2012 4:04 PM
Apr 2011
Great.
Jan 30, 2012 4:09 PM

Jul 2011
rodac said:
It's nice to know that there were people like Ogata who have positive memories of Natsume, and who he also has positive memories of.

Yes. I love that she stood up for Natsume and that he smiled. <3

And I liked his hair, even though it was a bit messy.
I loved how she was observant and smart.

I love Natsume's flashbacks. <3

I love his smile. <3
Jan 30, 2012 4:28 PM

Jun 2008
MM-Rosiie said:
rodac said:

I love his smile. <3

THiS.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 30, 2012 6:08 PM

Aug 2008
I can't find a reason to dislike Natsume! It's soo great! since the season 3, every episode makes me sad (because of natsume's problems) and yet I'm always very happy at the end of each episode!

Nest episode looks interesting!!
Jan 30, 2012 6:58 PM

Aug 2010
I'm impressed about how this show can keep using the same format and themes over and over again but bring something fresh and new to it every time. This is one show that can go on forever and I'll never get sick of it.

5/5
Jan 30, 2012 7:08 PM

Apr 2008
keikanna44 said:
I'm impressed about how this show can keep using the same format and themes over and over again but bring something fresh and new to it every time. This is one show that can go on forever and I'll never get sick of it.

5/5

I literally was going to say the exact same thing when i saw this..already said it on my blog though :D

It's heartbreaking to see Natsume smile despite all the bullcrap he has to deal with!
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jan 30, 2012 7:46 PM

May 2011
Orulyon said:
MM-Rosiie said:
rodac said:

I love his smile. <3

THiS.

Couldn't agree more
Jan 30, 2012 7:54 PM

Nov 2011
I actually preferred how they didn't meet. The episode wasn't bad, but it felt like it covered well-trodden ground, probably in San. I'm not a fan of the dual perspective thing either. I don't know about comparing it to the previous seasons, but this is definitely the one of the few shows this season I look forward to each week.
Jan 30, 2012 10:58 PM

Jan 2010
My god, Natsume is triggering those flags like there's no tomorrow. He's a pro.
Jan 31, 2012 12:02 AM

Jul 2008
Agree I'm giggling like a idiot. Gosh I love this show. Yeah like others I wish there is some romance but it's fine without it.
Jan 31, 2012 12:11 AM

Jun 2011
keikanna44 said:

5/5

AGREE

nyanko-sensei's "mata mata~" was cute :3
Jan 31, 2012 1:23 AM

Sep 2008
the first half of the episode was among the best bits from the whole series; liked the whole double perspective thing.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 31, 2012 1:39 AM

Nov 2007
Tears rolled down when Natsume replied: "They have all been nice up until now." T_T

Isn't Yuriko the first one to actually cry for Natsume? She seemed to have taken a strong liking to him and who knows, there could be more to just friendship. I would have loved to see her meeting Natsume. Let's just assume she probably will, because it seems that Natsume is frequenting that town. :)

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 31, 2012 2:32 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode. Ogata should just ask Toyomatsu where he saw Natsume so they can meet again.

I thought I was hearing things, but I was right because I was heard her voice instead of Ogata's the entire time.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jan 31, 2012 3:10 AM
Dec 2009
i'd appreciate this episode more if only they met again :(
tag©.androgynous
Jan 31, 2012 5:17 AM

Dec 2010
Better than the ones before but still too obvious at times, e.g. stuff like "a woman that smelled like alcohol", yeah poor Natsume and his terrible family full of suckers again..

I bet he had a good view here ;)
Jan 31, 2012 6:51 AM

Oct 2010
It would've been awesome if they met again...
BUT! next episode~ it hasn't even been completly edited in english in the manga, yet it's already in the anime ♥
I think the next one will strech over 2 episodes (maybe, since it's sooooo long)
Jan 31, 2012 7:50 AM

Aug 2008
Best episode so far.

My heart weeps a little for Natsume because he couldn't ask his relatives for money to cut his hair. That is just so sad. ╥﹏╥
Jan 31, 2012 9:43 AM

Jul 2009
I wish they could have met again! ;__;

Another beautiful episode ♥
[.center] [./center]
Jan 31, 2012 11:25 AM

Jan 2012
It was such a nice episode...as always :D
And she even stood up for him... it's great to see that there were people like her and not only bullies... It would have been nice if they met
Jan 31, 2012 11:45 AM
Nov 2010
Wow, great episode!
Jan 31, 2012 12:17 PM

Apr 2010
First thing that comes to mind at the end of this episode is whether Natsume and Yuriko will ever meet again.
I would just like to see that conversation that comes forth from it since they seemed really friendly.
They way they parted was also pretty sad so who knows what might become of it.

It was also a pretty nice story to watch and i liked how Yuriko didn't seem to mind Natsume's strange behaviour.
Jan 31, 2012 11:03 PM

Nov 2010
Jacut said:
Is it me or is this fourth season even more awesome than the first three ? The episode was beautifully executed and narration was perfect once again. Oh, and the preview seemed to indicate that the next one will be fantastic too, evil Natsume ftw !

I agree! it is wonderful. It is really nice when we get to meet characters form Natsume's past. Also it is kind of funny, i am too lazy/cheep to have my hair cut somewhere. I would probably have offered to cut his hair. Although he probably would have declined. I liked how Touko Fujiwara-san was described as a sweet older women.
Natsume must be really in shape. Look at how much exercise he got as a child running for his life.
~ * my number is 3 * ~ _._ : l 'o' ( ; _-_ : ( T.T &: .~. : P >.<
Feb 1, 2012 6:57 AM
Oct 2008
I liked the character of Ogata immediately, she has a Natori-poster and a Kappa-pluchedoll.
Feb 1, 2012 11:37 AM
Oct 2011
Oh Nyanco-sensei with his Dango!
Feb 1, 2012 1:23 PM

Feb 2008
who can guess what her shirt says?

still...he needs a girl.
kisamiFeb 1, 2012 1:41 PM
Feb 1, 2012 3:32 PM
Mar 2011
I say he goes with taki, she knows how to see yokai, altho this new girl seems understanding enough.
Feb 1, 2012 8:33 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode. I'd also like it if he and Ogata did meet again someday.

Never fails, this show always makes me smile.
Feb 1, 2012 9:38 PM

Jul 2011
It was refreshing to take a look at Natsume's past. Reminds me of how much more sociable he's become, too.
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt
old sig
Feb 1, 2012 9:46 PM

Jun 2011
i thought they would meet
:(
nice episode, as always
Feb 2, 2012 11:36 AM

Jul 2010
nznznz said:
Better than the ones before but still too obvious at times, e.g. stuff like "a woman that smelled like alcohol", yeah poor Natsume and his terrible family full of suckers again..

I bet he had a good view here ;)

You are so watching this show for the wrong reasons dude, holy crap >_>
Feb 3, 2012 11:39 AM

May 2010
This is a good episode and interesting to see from their perspective !!
Feb 3, 2012 3:15 PM

Dec 2011
loved the episode :)
I kinda wish at the end Natsume would meet up with the girl again.
aw I love Natsume too much X3
Natsume's long hair and messy hair was cute too hehe :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ClementIV - Mar 26, 2012

209 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 9, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jan 23, 2012

102 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 8, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 13, 2012

85 by JoJoLaRow »»
Feb 20, 3:22 PM

» Why wouldn't Natsume learn magic?

jihe - Mar 19, 2012

8 by Nakuy »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:17 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Shi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2012

58 by Meritas »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.