Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 20, 2008 4:52 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the other kid is dead. Which means that the other outcasts are going to want Vincent, Pino, and Real to get the hell out of their little community... or they're going to try to kill them. And thats a bit of a problem since Real seems to have the virus or whatever.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 6, 2008 12:35 AM

Jan 2008
Does Vincent himself know what he is I wonder.
Oct 5, 2008 11:29 AM

Jun 2008
What is the relation with the proxy and Vincent
Dec 31, 2008 3:40 PM
Jun 2008
omg the very beginning was so creepy.
i am listening the OP right now.
May 28, 2009 1:56 PM

Dec 2008
so timothy's dead. i wonder what quin's gonna think about the newcomers now. and i wonder how pino's gonna react.

re-l is infected. well since vincent got well, im guessing she will too.
idk though. vincent seems to be special.
May 29, 2009 8:25 PM

May 2008
aero said:
Does Vincent himself know what he is I wonder.

I asked the same question myself when I first saw him fall in the water and up came (how convenient) the mysterious figure in red!

I guess the creators of the anime wanted us to feel how Re-l felt when she witnessed that scene as Vincent fell off the cliff! Beautiful episode.
"We practice selective annihilation of mayors and government officials, for example, to create a vacuum, then we fill that vacuum. As popular war advances, peace is closer"
Jul 25, 2009 9:58 AM

Nov 2008
Aw, poor kid. Quinn is going to go ballistic.

My prediction: In the next episode, R-il dies from the virus and the series ends with no answers!
May 4, 2010 3:58 PM

Jul 2009
That Fuudy (or Hoody?) old man was just too scared of the outside world rather than wanting to protect the people in the commune. Now that Timothy is dead there's going to be some problems for Vincent and Re-l.
May 18, 2010 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
Aw, Timothy D:
Vincent needs to decide on what exactly he is xD Not to mention stop using hair gel.
I don't like Re-l at all. She's so damn pushy. Vincent, grow a pair xP
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 3, 2010 9:14 AM

Jan 2010
TIMOOTHY ;-;
kie_ said:
What is the relation with the proxy and Vincent
² D:
i'm starting to understand things now, or part of it :3
Oct 5, 2010 4:26 PM

Aug 2010
I'm starting to think vincent is some sort of conductor for proxys..
Oct 31, 2010 6:43 PM

Mar 2009
Vincent has some huge connection with the Proxies.
But poor timothy.. :<

Nov 10, 2010 2:19 AM
Jun 2008
Oh man, Pino annoyed the crap out of me in this episode :/. Poor Timothy, all he ever did was draw bunnies :<
Feb 6, 2011 1:41 PM

Apr 2009
Pino can actually move the ears of the suit! Cute!

I know I'm making a big deal out of it but Vincent's eyes are shut again and most of the time on this episode which annoyed me for reason I don't know myself. Ah maybe I should stop caring and pretend he can see through his eyelids! :P
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 1, 2011 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
Vincent's eyes seem to be some sort of significant sign for him. Each time we can see his eyes it's at a point where he's actually willful and takes things into his own hands. Important, I'd say.
Mar 5, 2011 6:03 PM

Oct 2009
Amazingly keeps you hooked.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2011 10:00 AM

Jun 2009
I don't care what Vincent is. I'm sick of Reia's superiority attitude, she keeps hitting, slapping and shoving everyone like its nothing! And Vincent whatever he is is just an idiot! + I can't stand his eyes remaining closed most of the time and occassionally opening up to some bright green colour! I just don't get it
Aug 27, 2012 11:52 AM

May 2012
Hmm decent episode more interesting than the previous one!
Oct 6, 2012 11:14 AM

May 2010
The episode still left me with questions "What or who exactly is Vincent?" and "What's his relation to the proxies?"

Still kept me glued to the storyline. Poor Timothy btw. :(
Nov 28, 2012 6:10 AM

Aug 2009
So far, I'm really diggin Ergo Proxy. It's got that Blade Runner / Fallout(Rondo = Vault, full of xenophobic citizens vibe going for it. I didn't wanna comment on every episode, because I really want to discover how this story will play out and I'm afraid someone will post a spoiler that wasn't moderated, but this episode had three stupid moments.

1. Why didn't Hodi(?) tell the others that the patrol's are coming to kill them? Was he afraid of telling the truth?

2. The red headed chick: WORST. MOM. EVER. So your village was just attacked with robot UAV's and you're not concerned with the wellfare of your child? What kind of a person are you! If she managed to raise her child in that dangerous enviroment for 8 years shouldn't she be a little more concerned about his comings and goings? And she can't blame it on Hodi, since you know, the UAV's attacked the village center so it wouldn't have mattered even if they were at the village playing...

3. Someone should kick the UAV-programmers ass for not adding Riel's and Vincent's face-regocnizion parametres into their source code.

But all these moments happened in this one episode. Still digging this show. Maybe I'll comment again if its worthy...
Feb 2, 2013 4:38 AM

Jan 2012
Simply amazing. So the idiots living inside the dome don't even know there is an outside world? Hilarious.

Mar 9, 2013 3:21 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hoody kind of annoys me =_=

Timothy! Noo don't die. He hasn't done anything wrong and isn't even annoying like the rest of the people at the commune. Quinn is definitely going to go on a rampage.

I really want to know what's the connection between Vincent and proxies. I almost clicked the spoiler button when I was on his character page, but I restrained myself from doing so. STILL. I am so very cuuurious. This anime has got me hooked.
May 22, 2013 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
This shit is getting pretty good
Jun 25, 2013 2:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great stuff. Hoody's madeup stories and interactions with the kids were pretty hilarious, which is strange for this series. And now Re-l won't be able to return to Romdo without getting in trouble with her grandpa.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 1, 2013 3:00 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Timothy=( Its rare for me to feel sad for a side character thats barely had any screen time but that was quite sad. Made even sadder because Peno was completely oblivious to what had actually happened to him.

Zell182 said:
That Fuudy (or Hoody?) old man was just too scared of the outside world rather than wanting to protect the people in the commune. Now that Timothy is dead there's going to be some problems for Vincent and Re-l.
Funny thing is its actually partly Hoodys fault he died, he told them to go play somewhere else, shooing them away outside, even ignoring a warning from one of the villagers telling him there were patrols seen where he had sent them running off, although obviously Vincent is also partly responsible because the sentry's were sent for him.
Oct 16, 2013 4:52 PM

Jan 2012
damn what is with this show and killing young kids ;( poor timothy!!

obv there is a big connection with vincent and the proxies but im not holding my breath with it being 23 episodes aha!
Nov 3, 2013 5:37 PM

Nov 2009
That would definitely be a shitty way to find out your son was dead . . .
Nov 8, 2013 5:44 AM

Oct 2013
big ass sumbarmine
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 2, 2014 4:29 PM
Nov 2013
Cenedess said:

I don't like Re-l at all. She's so damn pushy.

This is exactly why I like Re-l so much. She doesn't deal with other peoples stupid shit all of the time. She gets things done, one way or another. Vincent on the other hand....
Jan 7, 2014 6:37 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.

How in the heck does pino met that orange hair boy so fast in this episode? Don't really get how he appeared just in this episode. Also, that voice of the kid is annoying.

Meh, Vincent is now starting to be a idiot. Should've just go instead.

Nice new ending song. Didn't even know the song was even there. Someone should add that song to the mal page. Hope they keep playing that instead of the horror song of all episodes.

4/5
Apr 25, 2014 2:33 AM

Aug 2013
Nooo Timothy! :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 28, 2014 8:03 PM

Sep 2012
These characters are starting to annoy me. All Vincent can do is cry around, and Re-L is an obnoxious brat whose sole purpose in life is being obsessed with Vincent and not giving a shit about anyone else.
May 19, 2014 11:24 PM

Oct 2013
Ah Timothy died :(

May 20, 2014 10:29 PM
May 27, 2014 6:14 AM

Mar 2014
Im starting to love their facial expressions and hte inevitability of their actions! The plot goes on either they want it or not ! =]
Nov 21, 2014 10:31 PM

Jul 2014
This show gives me chills. The pacing and story are working so well. I want more information, but instead new things keep popping up. These types of anime can be tiring until the point where there is a reveal to connect some dots, but Ergo Proxy is still engaging while still developing the atmosphere. I'm so curious about... basically everything, but I don't feel like I'm being teased by withheld information, and that's a difficult feat to accomplish for any story.
Apr 18, 2015 6:49 AM

Aug 2014
It was interesting how the guy manipulated everyone to believe his story.
Aug 9, 2015 2:30 AM

Jan 2014
I don't know how to feel about Hoody, but as of now, I don't think I'm liking him.

The story isn't confusing, it just doesn't tell us major things that should be explained later...
Like what are Proxies? What Is Vincent? What relations does he have with Proxies?
Questions who will not be answered anytime soon.

But, I'm not enjoying this communee arc that much.
Jan 2, 2016 9:38 AM
Jul 2015
Well, this episode was awful.

I wasn't really feeling the characters and the story so far, but this one single episode completely annihilated any hype I had for this show. I hope the communee arc ends soon, it's really hard to suffer through it.

I'm gonna continue watching Ergo Proxy without expecting much from now on.
BuoJan 2, 2016 9:48 AM
hi
Feb 3, 2016 12:34 AM

Aug 2013
Hmmm seriously mind boggling.
Is the proxy a different thing or one and the same as Vincent ?
What happened with the clean-up ? I see only Timothy dead here.
Pino still doesn't realize he's dead.
May 27, 2016 4:11 AM
Feb 2016
Although I find the "Wasteland arc" right now to be less compelling to the Dome City setting from the earlier episodes, I like how this episode reinforced the thematic message of the show through Commune's deceit to other people as a way to maintain balance. What is more important for the world? The harsh true or a blissful lie? It's similar to the notions found in The Matrix.

Hopefully, we get to see more character development from him in the later episodes as to whether or not the equilibrium from his perspective between the reality and illusion of the Commune system will lead to shocking yet logical implications.
May 28, 2016 7:35 AM

Sep 2014
I got kind of annoyed with Hoody and his lying. But then I started to feel bad for him and the villagers when he was like,

"Are soldiers really coming? What are they going to do to us?"

I felt a pang of sympathy, I mean damn, what an unfair situation to be in. Hoody and the villagers thought they were going to finally go back to Romdo, only for it to be shot down and pushed aside by Re-L, like they were nothing but a bunch of ants. Like their life meant nothing and it didn't matter whether they lived or died. That would be such bs, I mean these people have probably already put up with so much **** already having to deal with this corrupt government of Romdo and now it's all in vain, because they are about to be slaughtered like they are nothing.

Hmph, reminds me of the governments and military in real life...
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Jul 26, 2016 4:06 PM

Jun 2016
Wow, I liked Re-l a little bit until this episode where she was willing to just leave them all to certain death and didn't seem to care 1 bit.... Hopefully her character grows a bit or I don't see anything really redeeming in her character..

Also,

RIP Timothy ;_;
Sep 12, 2016 4:35 AM

Mar 2010
Platinum-Palace said:
I got kind of annoyed with Hoody and his lying. But then I started to feel bad for him and the villagers when he was like,

"Are soldiers really coming? What are they going to do to us?"

I felt a pang of sympathy, I mean damn, what an unfair situation to be in. Hoody and the villagers thought they were going to finally go back to Romdo, only for it to be shot down and pushed aside by Re-L, like they were nothing but a bunch of ants. Like their life meant nothing and it didn't matter whether they lived or died. That would be such bs, I mean these people have probably already put up with so much **** already having to deal with this corrupt government of Romdo and now it's all in vain, because they are about to be slaughtered like they are nothing.

Hmph, reminds me of the governments and military in real life...

Its a sweet lie..he just wants to keep peace and prevent chaos.. Which is what happens now sadly. It wont ever go back to how it was..he wasnt a bad man per se... Tho lies wont last forever... They would find out eventually.

Sad episode and I felt for them.. And lil who just wants to let them die and save vincent..

And vincent has something which the proxies are after it seems
Oct 10, 2016 12:45 AM

Jan 2010
Oh, Pino is supposed to be a rabbit.

...Why am I suddenly dreading an Alice in Wonderland reference?

Oh, and, uh, second dramatic child death and we're 5 episodes in. And this is on top of the massacre of defenseless vagrants. Huh.
Nov 17, 2016 1:26 AM

Oct 2012
Not Timothy :(
The one that writing story for this anime is a monster...
He/she really didn't like children eh?
"Signature removed"
Dec 5, 2016 10:47 AM

Jan 2013
I have a feeling Quinn is going to blame Re-L for the death of Timothy.
Not sure what to make of this episode, glad we get to see Re-L in the wasteland though.
May 9, 2017 8:37 PM

Jun 2013
I like that Re-l isn't a girl scout. She is very pragmatic so while she probably has some sympathy for the commune, she's more concerned (or obsessed) with getting the truth out of Vincent. It's also satisfying how she's gradually coming undone: she's lost some of her privileges, her suit was destroyed just now so she's infected, and she's freaking the hell out. It's cool that her rebellious activities have had some consequences, even though she's a princess.

Poor Hoody eventually lost his composure, too. He may not have been completely full of it when talking about the proxy, as the remaining proxy has been inside of Vincent this whole time, and only emerged out of him once he hit the water. I expected it to help them defeat the drones, but I guess not.

Is Pino discovering art? And yeah, it's messed up that so many kids die in this show. Though there is probably some point to it, from a storytelling perspective.

Jun 12, 2017 7:25 AM

Jun 2017
Does the show expect us to become emotionally attached to characters that we have barely known for one episode? Honestly, though, it seems better at comedy and looking cute than what I think it's striving for.
Jan 17, 2018 11:33 AM

Mar 2012
What the hell Quinn, the first thing you're supposed to do when under attack is look for your kid.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xel - Jun 7, 2008

100 by llamav »»
Mar 7, 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.