Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2012 2:18 PM
Jun 2008
Misaki said those doll hugging each other are calm and relief.

Doesn't look like it for me lol .They look like suffering and envy the life of human being,their expression is sucking my life right now >.<"

Those student did give warning to Sakakibara.... I kinda felt sorry for Sakakibara's classmate, it is hard for them to tell him the truth as well.They can't blame Sakakibara as well.

...The novel front cover(the ONLY illustrate) can be also a spoiler now for this episode.
Jan 16, 2012 2:18 PM

Apr 2011
Really good episode and creepy of course!!!
I love it :)
Nice cliffhanger, I can't wait for the next episode...
Jan 16, 2012 2:20 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
onzeedge said:
Cratex said:
"I have no other customers." said the old woman.

Studio M could stand for Misaki, so grand-daughter or something?

Good catch. Something to consider.

MorningGlory said:
Misaki said those doll hugging each other are calm and relief.

They're not hugging. They're attached to each other.
Jan 16, 2012 2:33 PM

Jul 2010
okthxbaii said:
This is not creepy whatsoever tbh.
I'm starting to become more and more disappointed.
Next Blood-C everyone.

Are you kidding me? dont ever compare this to Blood-C, please.
And are you sayin these dolls are not creepy? the atmoshpere is not creepy?
Jan 16, 2012 2:34 PM

Dec 2008
Kurimu-chan said:
Creeeeeeeeeeepyyyyyyy and awesome :D Loved the second episode too.

Also, MAL... Seriously D:

Possible spoiler?

Can't wait till next week :D

is that true? >.< in my image i thought it has no eye :>
Jan 16, 2012 2:34 PM

Oct 2011
uhhh, nice episode, this is getting better ^^
can't wait for the next episode, I want to know how her eye is >.<
Jan 16, 2012 2:35 PM

Aug 2010
ugh that cliffhanger. alot better than the first ep though. Hoping it gets even better
Jan 16, 2012 2:43 PM

May 2010
iLostReason said:
okthxbaii said:
Next Blood-C everyone.

Are you kidding me? dont ever compare this to Blood-C, please.
And are you sayin these dolls are not creepy? the atmoshpere is not creepy?

If you read the manga, you will understand how this doesn't even compare.

No it really isn't creepy watching random dolls flash across the screen, it's not predictable or anything, it's just stupid and uninteresting.

And the music they play, in my opinion sets the mood for a horror blood-filled type of anime, this is more mysterious than horror.
Jan 16, 2012 2:55 PM

Feb 2009
Totally disagree, this was creepy. I had to turn the volume down a few times because of the creepy atmosphere + music, I was scared something would pop out or something.

Also, this show and its fucking cliffhangers. The time goes by fast when I watch this, it's just so interesting.
Jan 16, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
Whoa. Whoa, whoa whoa whoa....

I'm liking this, this could get really good. Am I the only one that finds Mei kinda cute, regardless of the fact she's dead...?
Jan 16, 2012 3:32 PM
Jun 2010
I almost pee my pants :s
Jan 16, 2012 3:45 PM

Apr 2010
Seriously... why can't his classmates just tell him the taboos if they are that scared of the curse!!??

and... I quite like the dolls... not as creepy as I've expected and I would say they are quite beautiful~
Jan 16, 2012 3:45 PM

Jul 2009
First I was like >_<

Then I was like 8|

Dat face right before taking off her eyepatch!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 16, 2012 3:48 PM

Oct 2010
whats under the eyepatch????? D:
Jan 16, 2012 3:48 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Droplet said:
Totally disagree, this was creepy. I had to turn the volume down a few times because of the creepy atmosphere + music, I was scared something would pop out or something.

Nimed said:
I almost pee my pants :s

okthxbaii said:

LOL - it's all based on what one is used to. I like the show, I'm VERY curious about Mei, and I like some of the atmosphere, but it's not high on my "creepy" scale - at the part where Sakakibara thinks the doll might be talking to him I was simply thinking "Mei is a doll? Curious. That might explain all the random doll flashes." However, I'm sure that scene would freak out a couple of friends of mine who don't have my same interest in "oddities".
Jan 16, 2012 3:56 PM
Dec 2007
Interesting atmospheric episode once again but development is so scarce that it's difficult to even make a comment about it.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 16, 2012 4:12 PM

Aug 2010
Lulexiaa said:
AHHHHHH!!! I WANNA KNOW WHATS UNDER THE EYEPATCH!!!! DDD;

^this

I kinda knew Mei was going to be in the store, but when I heard her voice I jumped a little >_<
Jan 16, 2012 4:13 PM

Dec 2011
Cliffhanger...
Jan 16, 2012 4:15 PM

Aug 2011
She has.... a geass!!!!!
Jan 16, 2012 4:22 PM

Jun 2009
I'm really intersted in why people are so vary of Sakakibara and try to act nicely concealing anything Misaki related while talking with him. I wasn't particulary interested in Misaki's eyepatch, i didn't even think it had any bigger role than just an eyepatch covering a lost eye due to accident from when she was alive. But how they made their way to let us see it as something more was great, this great bgm, creppy dolls in shop with creepy old shopkeeper, brilliant i call it.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 16, 2012 4:30 PM

Jan 2011
watching this in the dark with gaming headphones on all the way up made all the music and sounds ten times worst mainly at the part were mei was about to take her eyepatch off! lol,still i think the episode was good i have a feeling it's still gonna be building up phase for the nest few episodes.

1+ for making me feel uneasy the whole time
1+ for reminding me of my fear of dolls
Jan 16, 2012 4:41 PM

Jan 2010
itsvero said:
She has.... a geass!!!!!

no, it's sharingan
Jan 16, 2012 4:43 PM

Apr 2010
WHAT A COCKTEASE AT THE END!!!!!! Can't wait until next week. 5/5
Jan 16, 2012 4:53 PM

Jun 2011
Well...He's quite determined to follow her around.
Jan 16, 2012 4:55 PM

Jul 2009
Sanguis said:
Well...He's quite determined to follow her around.

She IS pretty cute.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 16, 2012 4:56 PM

Nov 2009
Some character analysis:
First and foremost, Sakakibara-kun keeps on badgering Mei with questions because he's a HORROR FANATIC. He is drawn to the mysteriousness of Mei, so I think that is why he just couldn't resist his curiosity.

WHY THE CLASSMATES CAN'T TELL SAKAKIBARA-KUN ANYTHING?
Because there MUST be something wrong with telling him.
In this episode, Misaki said,

What Teshi-kun said MUST be the reason why they couldn't tell him anything.
Anyway, as to the direction, I feel so-so about it. I'm just happy there's an anime for this.
But the reason why it's so eerie unlike other anime is that IT DOESN'T SHOW US INNER MONOLOGUES so far. If there are some that I'd missed, they're very few. That's why I feel it's sort of silent, and they fill in the silence with misplaced music. The 2 episodes have insofar never revealed inner thoughts of the characters, so I believe it wants us to think of it SO OBJECTIVELY.
For now, to those who just watched the anime, the only things to rely on for character analysis are facial expressions, mannerisms, and dialogues.
Furthermore, I don't get why some kept on saying this is like Blood-C all over again. I know the director is the same, and I can say the direction isn't to my taste either. But, it doesn't mean the story is. The author of the story is a very good mystery author, and I believe the storyboard is great. If the novel's contents remain in the anime, I would look past the direction AND SEE FOR MYSELF WHAT THE STORY REALLY IS. This anime is slow-paced. It doesn't rush things like in GUILTY CROWN to the point of desperation.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Jan 16, 2012 4:56 PM
Apr 2010
I bet what under her eyepatch is a cyborg eye! :)
Jan 16, 2012 5:05 PM

May 2010
Graaaah! Can I endure a week without spoiling myself...
Jan 16, 2012 5:06 PM

Aug 2011
Great atmospheric music to keep my attention.
I love the suspense, however it is moving a bit too slow I think.
I hope after episode 3 where it seems some secrets will be reviled the pace will pick up a tad.

Jan 16, 2012 5:17 PM

May 2009
Worst P.A. Works anime to date. Fails to interest, fails as horror. Even spoilers don't make it interesting.
Opening is godawful earcancer.
Jan 16, 2012 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
okthxbaii said:

Next Blood-C everyone.
blood-c=shitty sequel to a less than mediocore action show that focuses solely on action ant nothing else
another= a original set up that takes it time and only focuses on its mystery and horror aspects

where are you getting that comparison? its like comparing code geass to full metal panic

bastek66 said:
Worst P.A. Works anime to date. Fails to interest, fails as horror. Even spoilers don't make it interesting.
watching 2 episodes = seeing the entire series entire series, i love how peoples use logic now a days, you guys are pretty much judging a meal off of its smell
JizzyHitlerJan 16, 2012 5:45 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 16, 2012 5:49 PM

Apr 2009
5/5 FOR MENTIONING MY FAV AUTHUR JOHN SAUL! Side not creepy cliffhanger.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jan 16, 2012 6:42 PM

May 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
watching 2 episodes = seeing the entire series entire series, i love how peoples use logic now a days, you guys are pretty much judging a meal off of its smell

Welp Another has here already 5 reviews, four of them rates this anime "9", so I hope you agree that theese reviews are worth shit.
If series doesn't do anything interesting means it's bad.
Jan 16, 2012 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
Welp Another has here already 5 reviews, four of them rates this anime "9", so I hope you agree that theese reviews are worth shit.
If series doesn't do anything interesting means it's bad.
those people are idiots too, you can judge a show till its done, i guess if its an ongoing show and past maybe the halfway point or something its more excusable but still not

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 16, 2012 6:59 PM

Oct 2008
Surely, you can judge/rate a show before it's finished. I would agree though that 2/11 episodes is premature.
Jan 16, 2012 7:00 PM
Sep 2011
Nice cliffhanger. Loving the atmosphere, but argh I still can't get over the opening.
Jan 16, 2012 7:06 PM

May 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
i guess if its an ongoing show and past maybe the halfway point or something its more excusable but still not

n10sity said:
Surely, you can judge/rate a show before it's finished. I would agree though that 2/11 episodes is premature.

That's why I rate series that watched atleast 11 episodes. Another for now is really disappointing.
Jan 16, 2012 7:08 PM

Oct 2010
Start time @ 3:38am Tuesday January 17 2012. For reference.
ryanagamis said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Creeeeeeeeeeepyyyyyyy and awesome :D Loved the second episode too.

Also, MAL... Seriously D:

Possible spoiler?

Can't wait till next week :D

heterochromia?
is she just embarassed being a heterochromia?
or there's something else with that blue eye?
i think there must be something with the blue eye...
The eye is far deeper in meaning. As of Vol 3 manga there is not much of it revealed even. Might only be on Vol 4 all really gets revealed. That means around episode 8 all might just be in your face for info. Who knows. So far all is good with me.
Yumekichi11Jan 17, 2012 12:39 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 16, 2012 7:19 PM

Oct 2011
ahhhhhhhhh~ i love this anime ,its so "awsomely creepy"
Jan 16, 2012 7:26 PM

Dec 2007
What you'll find under the eye patch is... another eye patch! xD
Jan 16, 2012 7:36 PM

May 2010
God I hate waiting. I really want to know what was under that eyepatch. This pretty much tells you I'm hooked into this. I'm really liking this show so far, could be one of the best this season.

Jan 16, 2012 7:58 PM

Oct 2009
Damn cliffhangers!
Jan 16, 2012 8:04 PM

Dec 2011
Creepy dolls. I wonder what is under her eyepatch. D:
Jan 16, 2012 8:14 PM

Jun 2011
Nice and creepy episode :D Sus twin tail girl is sus. :D

5/5

And dammit cliffhangers.
Jan 16, 2012 8:24 PM

May 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
okthxbaii said:

Next Blood-C everyone.
blood-c=shitty sequel to a less than mediocore action show that focuses solely on action ant nothing else
another= a original set up that takes it time and only focuses on its mystery and horror aspects

where are you getting that comparison? its like comparing code geass to full metal panic

bastek66 said:

Someone doesn't know what they are talking about.

For starters, Blood-C was NOT a SEQUEL whatsoever, it was a COMPLETE separate story.

Another is not original either, it was made off the manga and novel adaptions.

Plus, Mei is just like Rei from NGE, one letter word difference in their names, gee I wonder.

Also Mei looks like Ohana without curly hair and an eyepatch, yeah, VERY original.

As far as judging it, have been reading the manga and it doesn't even compare, so I think I have every RIGHT to judge it.
Jan 16, 2012 8:38 PM

Jun 2009
inb4 she has geass

and the Blood-C comparison was hilarious. Stay classy MAL.
Jan 16, 2012 8:40 PM

Apr 2011
The constant random flashes of those dolls are getting really annoying, other than that this anime has left me intrigued.
Jan 16, 2012 8:55 PM
Dec 2010
Jan 16, 2012 9:22 PM

Jun 2009
newnar said:
-snip-

Loose or improper use of the word stalker and he isn't a necrophile because...
Jan 16, 2012 9:41 PM

Nov 2008
The anime doesn't scare me, but it has suspense. And that cliffhanger.
4/5
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.