Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2011 8:54 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Starts off right away with Haruka seeing a TV ad for Miki's "relations". Producer shows Haruka & Chihaya a 2nd live poster. Get ready for more dancing and crazy animation. Quick insert of Chihaya performing "inferno". Haruka and Chihaya see another CM of Miki's, looks like she's getting really popular. Haruka is calling up everyone, but they're busy with work. Everyone's really made it as an idol now. Haruka gets good news that she got a main role.

Insert song is "My Wish", a new song, I think. Cute montage, shows Yukiho with Little Match Girl. Another insert song after that, probably new again. Haruka and Chihaya arrive at the office and see almost everyone waiting for them. Yukiho comes in and they wish her a happy birthday, since her birthday is on Christmas Eve. Ryuuguu Komachi joins the fun too. Fun Christmas party.

The ED is a new song, I think. It's a rolling image of all the girls in christmas outfits. I was hoping we'd see Kamisama no Birthday, but I guess not.
Dec 1, 2011 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
All dem cakes, it seems everyone has brought one and I looked at the price of one of the cakes in the widow, 4800 yen, really $63 for a normal cake, cost of living is too high in Japan, a cake costing that much would be customized, handmade, and probably delivered to your doorstep anywhere else. Yukiho's birthday too.

ED is awesome.

Dec 1, 2011 12:17 PM

Jul 2009
It's barely been 24 hours since I saw the last episode and we already have the next... I hope subs are faster this week ;)
Dec 1, 2011 12:54 PM

Oct 2010
Too bad that haruka didnt give the producer her present. :(
I hope it will get a development here. Anyway, a nice idol ep as always :3
Dec 1, 2011 6:55 PM

Nov 2010
Lol... At first the sight of cakes was all jolly... then as more cakes came, the expressions become more and more grim xD. Maybe Takane can manage to eat a large amount of them... maybe... hopefully xD.

A bit sad that Haruka wasn't able to give Producer the wallet, but I guess it would be rather awkward timing to give it after Miki seemed to received a chance Shining Idol.. something something (a musical?). Then producer said it was the best present he could have received. Probably difficult to give a wallet after such an announcement.

Then there's the preview... Looks like it will be Haruka centered, from the looks of it, she seems to be struggling or losing confidence in being the main role.
がんばって!春るん!
Dec 1, 2011 8:41 PM

Mar 2010
I was surprised Haruka didn't trip over anything or made any clumsy mistake.. Something must be wrong with her!!! o_o

Jokes aside, it looks like the there will be a fierce competition between Haruka and Miki over the producer the main role of the musical performance. I wonder if we can get a glimpse of "Dark-Haruka" or Haruka-Kakka in the next episode.

Looking back, it looks like most of the IM@S has been mainly focusing on Haruka, Chihaya, and Miki, with Haruka showing the most leadership among the three as she's been helping out Chihaya numerous times and even Miki to certain extent.

I think this is a strong sign that we might see a new idol-unit consisting of the three girls I mentioned with Haruka being the leader, (possibly competing with Ryuguu Komachi for the "Top Idol" position) similar to the way how IDOLM@STER 2 video game is played. :P

Dec 1, 2011 9:57 PM

Jun 2011
AH, it's Haruka's turn again. When was her last episode? >_<
Haruka, why don't you give Producer your present!
Dec 1, 2011 11:44 PM

Apr 2011
Aww...Why didn't give your present to him, Haruka?

Could this be a sign of blossoming development between her and Producer? Will Miki have a competition for Producers love? Can Takane gobble up those delicious cakes?

Stay tuned!
Dec 2, 2011 4:41 AM

Sep 2011
stevewiess01 said:

Looking back, it looks like most of the IM@S has been mainly focusing on Haruka, Chihaya, and Miki, with Haruka showing the most leadership among the three as she's been helping out Chihaya numerous times and even Miki to certain extent.

The Sunday show they were hosting in episode 15 was a foreshadow.
Dec 2, 2011 5:36 AM
Oct 2011
I just watched it and overall it was a pretty nice episode. It wasn't the best Christmas episode but overall it was pretty decent. I'm glad to see they celebrated Yukiho's birthday along with her blowing out the candles for her birthday. I also liked the Little Match Girl sign she seemed to be promoting as well.

With that said however, there is something that has been kind of bugging me lately about this show.

. I personally feel that the character focus has been severely unbalanced for the most part. Lately I have been kind of losing interest in the show mainly because my favorite idols Yukiho and Takane have been background characters throughout the show (Sorry for being biased BTW). I have to say I wasn’t very happy about Miki stealing the spotlight from Haruka this episode. As the show has gone on I have started liking her less and less. Mainly because of her selfish and self-entitled attitude she has shown(especially in episode 12) and the fact that she has constantly hogged the spotlight time and time again.Miki had more than enough screentime already. But yet she steals the spotlight yet again this episode. I didn’t mind it too much in episode 13 but like I said I wasn’t too happy with her stealing the spotlight from Haruka in this episode.So now they pretty much make it seem like Miki and Chihaya > Everyone else in terms of popularity and talent and don’t even bother making the other idols stand out in terms of performances. She along with Chihaya have had more performances than all the other idols combined. I know Miki and Chihaya are supposed to be the main characters but I would have liked for them to give everyone else equal spotlight as well.

I’m sorry if I offend anyone with my post but that is just my personal opinion.
Dec 2, 2011 6:27 AM

May 2011
This episode gave me a heavy sense of foreboding of what's gonna happen for the finale. There were a lot of subtle and not-so-subtle signs indicating the potential source of despair that will strike our poor leader of the idols of 765 Pro. The preview seems to validate my suspicions, but I guess we won't really know for sure until we get to the episode next week. Its gonna be a long wait indeed...

Regarding Miki, I've also felt much more annoyed with her as of late. At first I rather admired her spunky attitude besides the talent that she obviously has in spades, but nowadays I keep finding fault with some of her flaws. She really is rather selfish and self centred as was seen in episode 12, and while in this episode she isn't to blame for making Haruka unable to give her present to the Producer, I still find myself starting to dislike her character a bit more.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Dec 2, 2011 9:06 AM

Jul 2011
I liked this episode. The producer got more reliable in the eyes of the Idols and it seems like Haruka has a crush on him. Maybe they should center the attention to different idols more often, like Hibiki or Ami and Mami. Miki and Chihaya and somewhat Haruka did appear a bit to frequently compared to others. Random Fact: They released the episode on time! I was surprised about that, lol!
Dec 2, 2011 10:01 AM

Jul 2010
Santa Miki!!
Dec 2, 2011 10:38 AM

Dec 2010
blake307 said:
I just watched it and overall it was a pretty nice episode. It wasn't the best Christmas episode but overall it was pretty decent. I'm glad to see they celebrated Yukiho's birthday along with her blowing out the candles for her birthday. I also liked the Little Match Girl sign she seemed to be promoting as well.

With that said however, there is something that has been kind of bugging me lately about this show.

. I personally feel that the character focus has been severely unbalanced for the most part. Lately I have been kind of losing interest in the show mainly because my favorite idols Yukiho and Takane have been background characters throughout the show (Sorry for being biased BTW). I have to say I wasn’t very happy about Miki stealing the spotlight from Haruka this episode. As the show has gone on I have started liking her less and less. Mainly because of her selfish and self-entitled attitude she has shown(especially in episode 12) and the fact that she has constantly hogged the spotlight time and time again.Miki had more than enough screentime already. But yet she steals the spotlight yet again this episode. I didn’t mind it too much in episode 13 but like I said I wasn’t too happy with her stealing the spotlight from Haruka in this episode.So now they pretty much make it seem like Miki and Chihaya > Everyone else in terms of popularity and talent and don’t even bother making the other idols stand out in terms of performances. She along with Chihaya have had more performances than all the other idols combined. I know Miki and Chihaya are supposed to be the main characters but I would have liked for them to give everyone else equal spotlight as well.

I’m sorry if I offend anyone with my post but that is just my personal opinion.

Ah, I actually wrote almost the same post in another forum lol. If it wasn't for the fact that we're almost done, I would've dropped this show. I really liked episode 1-13, because every idol had somewhat equal screentime. I know Miki, Chihaya and Haruka are ''supposed'' to be the main character, but all the screentime they've been getting is making me crazy. It's not that bad yet in Haruka's case though. I personally hope Haruka kicks Miki's ass next episode and claims the leading role.

Oh and I actually think about every idol is a background character right know with the exception of the main trio. Sucks, because this includes my faves too. Just my opinion.'

Edit : Loool, I didn't pay attention, but Haruka already got the lead role apparently.
RainbowMagnetDec 3, 2011 2:44 AM
Dec 2, 2011 10:52 AM

Sep 2008
FUCK, my Haruka episode turned into a mediocre Christmas episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2011 11:27 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, I was full expecting it to be a sad Christmas with nobody being able to make it, but I'm glad I was wrong. Nice to see them all together like that again. And it was Yukiho's birthday on top of that!

I like the fact that Producer-san got a lot of credit this episode too. It's a pity Haruka didn't give him his new wallet! I think he would be really happy with it even though it wasn't as big as Miki's "present" (award). Haruka is really the one that keeps the whole band together, huh? ^^

Loved the ED song too!

Dec 2, 2011 12:24 PM

Aug 2008
God, I fuckin loved ep22. Everything just felt right. It was one of those eps that made me think how much has changed since...20 weeks ago lol. It was just one fun episode to watch from start to finish.

These girls have gone so far in the idol game..it's unbelievable.
Dec 2, 2011 2:25 PM

Aug 2011
a nice christmas episode, LOL with the amount of cakes they all bought!! >_<
The ED was nice, loved how they showed the chairman with a hat, to cover his eyes!!! :p
Dec 2, 2011 3:08 PM

Jan 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
FUCK, my Haruka episode turned into a mediocre Christmas episode.

Oh don't worry, looks like next episode is also a Haruka episode. Glad they've been saving her episodes till now.

But wow, at this point I can't watch any scenes with Haruka and Chihaya without a pair of yuri googles haha.
Dec 2, 2011 4:21 PM

Apr 2011
So final parts of the episode is about the main lead Haruka eh. Nice one. I wish to see some romantic development between her and producer to make things interest.

No need for Yuri googles, my eyes are Yuri ready.
Dec 2, 2011 5:48 PM

May 2011
i hate the fact that Miki is always with Pro-san, I really really find Miki annoying >_<. I really want to know Pro-san's real name.... and as you can tell i'm a fangirl of him so I want more scenes with him.
Dec 2, 2011 6:28 PM
Sep 2009
NghtmrSrph said:
HawthorneKitty said:
But wow, at this point I can't watch any scenes with Haruka and Chihaya without a pair of yuri googles haha.

Lol looks like I'm not the only one. I really had to check some fan art after all those moments XD
Dec 2, 2011 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
yagamisignum said:
i hate the fact that Miki is always with Pro-san, I really really find Miki annoying >_<. I really want to know Pro-san's real name.... and as you can tell i'm a fangirl of him so I want more scenes with him.
His real name is:

Dec 2, 2011 7:32 PM

Apr 2011
For some reason, I want producer to end up with Haruka. <3
Dec 2, 2011 7:39 PM

Jun 2008
Magito said:

For some reason, I want him to end up with Yukiho. XD lol
Good thing I have the game.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 2, 2011 8:32 PM

May 2011
kaimax said:
Magito said:

For some reason, I want him to end up with Yukiho. XD lol
Good thing I have the game.

I want him to end up with Ritsuko or Kotori since haruka and yukiho are bit too young. LoL
Dec 2, 2011 8:34 PM

May 2011
destructo22 said:
yagamisignum said:
His real name is:

Sorry for double post but I saw a game footage on YT and his possible names are 'Taro' or 'Protaro'
Dec 2, 2011 9:03 PM

Aug 2010
Haruka versus Miki next episode. Should be pretty good.
Dec 2, 2011 11:31 PM

Sep 2011
Sweet episode. A good breather after all the drama with Chihaya and 961PRO. I was hoping that Jupiter would suddenly show up at 765PRO's party with a Christmas cake, but disappointed that there isn't. Anyway, next episode is Haruka vs Miki. Can't wait. I'm a Miki fan so, you know, I do hope that Miki wins.

4/5
Dec 3, 2011 12:27 AM

Jul 2008
I wasn't expecting more drama to be introduced going into the finale like this. I hope everything works out!
Dec 3, 2011 12:57 AM
Jun 2009
oh, I love Miki. no need for more characters like Haruka.
Dec 3, 2011 1:39 AM

Feb 2009
Pretty shady that Producer and Miki were both out so late and showed up together.
Dec 3, 2011 2:53 AM

Jun 2008
yagamisignum said:
Sorry for double post but I saw a game footage on YT and his possible names are 'Taro' or 'Protaro'

Need Source.
If it's from a gameplay video, then the name isn't official because it was made by another player. He will always be nameless.

Yukiho's fear of men is exaggerated in the anime, in the game she's a really sweet girl.

Dec 3, 2011 4:25 AM

Apr 2011
kaimax said:
yagamisignum said:

Need Source.
If it's from a gameplay video, then the name isn't official because it was made by another player. He will always be nameless.

Yukiho's fear of men is exaggerated in the anime, in the game she's a really sweet girl.

Not only that. She has great singing ability too. Especially her first VA.
Dec 3, 2011 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
good ep 5/5 loved how they all brought cake and dam it miki i wanted Haruka to give Producer the wallet!! oh well

new ed song was awsome so were the other songs
Dec 3, 2011 10:17 AM

Aug 2008

hhnggggggggggggggggg
Dec 3, 2011 10:21 AM
Nov 2011
Honestly I was specting this song to be played in the episode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trlWGgmL_mg but I love the fact that Im@s came out with new Christmas songs, it's just what they needed, specially the one from the ending, does anyone know when will it be released?

I can say that Miki is the one who had the biggest progress in the whole series, she started being the laziest of all of them, now she's the first one who wins a best idol award, she's definitely advancing on giant steps.

Haruka is getting a lot of focus in this latest episodes, and seems like for the next one we will see her weakest point, it seems that she's about to learn that there are no friends in this industry and there will be some moment when the people you used to appreciate will become your rivals someday.
Mau-KunDec 3, 2011 12:01 PM
Dec 3, 2011 9:55 PM

Jun 2011
Well im a Miki fan and theres alot of Miki in this episode along with a SANTA MIKI *SCREAMS* so i give it a 5/5
Dec 4, 2011 2:38 AM

May 2010
Miki looks great in that Santa outfit. Too bad Haruka didn't give the present to the producer !!
Dec 4, 2011 9:56 AM

May 2008
This episode was good... Haruka should of gave that present to the producer!

next episode looks interesting between Haruka and Miki.
Dec 4, 2011 10:37 AM

May 2011
kaimax said:
yagamisignum said:

Need Source.

well we didn't know how pro-san looks like but the anime shows how he looks like..so we should find out his anime name..right? also it was not a player choice name..it was in game and Azusa said it.
Dec 4, 2011 1:06 PM

Jun 2008
yagamisignum said:
also it was not a player choice name..it was in game and Azusa said it.

Like I said, Need source.

I already played the first, the SP and the 2nd but they'll always call him Producer-San. Are you sure you're not mistaking another persons name or misunderstanding the conversation? Because there's no Taro in any idolmaster.

Him having a face in the anime doesn't mean he has a name, Look at Kyon from Haruhi.

Dec 4, 2011 1:58 PM

May 2011
kaimax said:
yagamisignum said:

I already played the first, the SP and the 2nd but they'll always call him Producer-San. Are you sure you're not mistaking another persons name or misunderstanding the conversation? Because there's no Taro in any idolmaster.

Him having a face in the anime doesn't mean he has a name, Look at Kyon from Haruhi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klaDjUgqlhU

I'm new to Idolmaster but this is the gameplay vid..it is a fake name(since he is acting) but it could be possible thats his name..who knows..maybe kyon's real name is Kyon..you never know.
yagamisignumDec 4, 2011 2:01 PM
Dec 4, 2011 6:05 PM

Aug 2008
A bit of a stretch, but I still think that Producer has no name.
Dec 5, 2011 1:21 AM

Jul 2009
yagamisignum said:
kaimax said:
yagamisignum said:

I'm new to Idolmaster but this is the gameplay vid..it is a fake name(since he is acting) but it could be possible thats his name..who knows..maybe kyon's real name is Kyon..you never know.

Based on the left choice, I highly doubt it because even he knows that's a fake name.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Dec 5, 2011 2:56 AM

Jun 2008
yagamisignum said:

That's the Wedding event for Asuza, where the Producer has to Pretend, since Azusa can't call him "producer" she thinks of the most common name used by a male in Japan "Taro". It's all just an "act" because she doesn't want to feel left out by her friend Tomomi. So, all of it are fake.

In the Video, the player named him "Futa"

Dec 6, 2011 4:03 AM

Aug 2011
yagamisignum said:

Kyon is his nickname, his real name is unknown.
Dec 9, 2011 8:27 AM
Jan 2010
Miki is a humongous slut.
Feb 6, 2012 7:36 PM

May 2009
Miki is becoming quite annoying with that "honey" schtick, yes. I really hope she doesn't cause some stupid scandal involving her and the Producer.

Re Producer's name: I don't believe there is one at all, as the Producer has a player-given name and is supposed to be the player's stand-in in the game. There were already enough fans complaining that he even got a face.

Re uneven focus on characters: Well, some characters have more complicated backstories than others. That said, yeah, would be nice if we had characterization depth (and corresponding screentime) for characters like Yukiho and Hibiki.

Haruka is the first and main idol character in the games (I think) so I guess the last big story arc focuses on her.

Yeah, I too was expecting no one to be able to make it. But suddenly everyone did, and I realized that this was a pretty expectable Christmas-themed episode. I'm guessing the next one will be New-Year-themed.

In a way this episode was a bit depressing. It kinda made a point about how the characters' social lives were gradually being pushed aside due to their professional obligations. Sure, everyone got together in the end but in a way it wasn't quite as happy as I'd have hoped; it was still a little depressing in context.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 11, 2012 4:41 AM

Jul 2012
For a moment, i thought no one would be able to make it for the party, leaving Haruka disappointed. Glad i was wrong though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.