Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2011 8:25 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Karuta club is officially a club! Real club activity starts and Chihaya volunteers as leader. Chihaya vs. the girl and she just do it her own way. She said she's bringing to the competition in 3 weeks.

The girl finally got one when against Daichi. She's happy to just like when Chihaya when she got it the first time.

Still not enough time to practice. Daichi's house for field trip? While extreme practice, OP as BGM. The two are at limit, and Daichi stopped Chihaya for more.

Daichi's mother's sudden return with sister, and girls went to Chihaya's house.

The girl waking up during the midnight for Chihaya's surprise b-day!! They like the way she is even if she is forcing everyone.

Daichi getting text message... from Arata!! Daichi froze and stole food from Chihaya was... somehow getting into shoujo moment.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 29, 2011 12:04 PM

Aug 2010
Man Arata better be in the next god damn episode as something other than a footnote in history or I'm going to f***ing kill someone!!!!

Setting that aside. This was way better than the last few episodes. Now that everyone has been introduced we can start focusing on the game and relationship aspects. I'm still a fan of Arata but I'm liking Tachi more now. It's sad their triangle relationship...where is his girlfriend in all this? It was so sweet, if a bit cliche, about the birthday celebration. Why is it that most anime characters never remember their birthday? It catches them off guard every time. :P

I hope Arata makes it to the tournament at least. :( I thought he was going to join up with Chihaya but I guess not. Maybe they want him as an opponent?

Anyway can't wait for the next episode! ^_^
5/5
keikanna44Nov 29, 2011 12:09 PM
Nov 29, 2011 12:05 PM

Oct 2011
Except of the ending it was a good episode :]
quite nice to see Desk-kun and Kanade (?) learning how to play that game.
Plus quite nice to see Porky and Taichi as teachers... Chihaya has no gift for it :P

but there is speck of hope
because why Arata had number to Taichi and not to Chihaya?
and for what was he appologizing? for what he did during the visit - I don't think so
and so YAOI appears!
Taichi x Arata!
as also Taichi was sad when he got that mail... maybe he is affraid that Arata and Chihaya will grow some feelings? and that relationship of him and Arata will fall appart? he will be trown as little puppy :(
if that is not reality - Arata can die :3
Nov 29, 2011 12:26 PM

Nov 2009
Very good episode.
And Taichi was about to give me a heart attack when he ate the cake in Chi's spoon xD.
It was so cute.
I'm so rooting for Chihaya to end up with him.
Nice one, Arata :).
Nov 29, 2011 12:30 PM

Nov 2007
A-ah, my heart. ;_;
Taichi, you better take Chihaya or I'm going to cry myself to sleep.
(But what happened with the girlfriend?)
Nov 29, 2011 12:45 PM

Jan 2008
No one likes Arata more than Taichi? :(
Nov 29, 2011 12:55 PM

Feb 2010
am I the only one that thought that the message Taichi got was a break up message from his girlfriend? and he totally acted like he was just dumped but naaah it's his rival Arata again haha.
Nov 29, 2011 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
OHHH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AUDWHIUHYFGYUGFYGDUDFH

THIS SHOW IS SOO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE BOTH TAICHI AND ARATA!!!! ;~~~~~;

CANT CHOOSE!!!!! T________________________T
Nov 29, 2011 1:09 PM

Jan 2010
Taichi is so cute and sweet and kind etc. I so hope he ends up with Chihaya~ :3
Nov 29, 2011 1:21 PM
Nov 2011

my heartstrings.

;__;
Nov 29, 2011 1:24 PM

Feb 2008
Well I actuall thought from beginning that Arata would also be a transfer student but guess not, after a while I know that Arata will be they rivals and they will meet in National Tournament.
Arata already been a strong Karuta player it usually somehow like that.

It was happy moment and in the same time sad in the end, happy birthday Chihaya!!
I already got a feeling of that message Taichi got were from Arata, he did eat from the same spoon maybe he want Chihaya regonized his feeling of her but still fail I guess.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 29, 2011 1:33 PM
Jan 2009
Taichi knows that whatever he does Arata will be more important to Chihaya. Can't believe how likeable he turned out to be, I honestly hadn't expected that after watching the first few episodes. I don't want to care about who ends up with who. Damn you Taichi for making me root for you!
Nov 29, 2011 1:33 PM

Jan 2011
Dammit! I just love every episode to this series!

Glad to see them trying so hard! Especially Kana & Desk-kun~
I'm actually really happy to see that Chihaya actually acknowledges the fact that she does only have karuta in her eyes :)
oh, Taichi, you <3
IDK why I almost got teary at the ending when the camera focused on Arata's name (from the message). I was like "OMG he remembered!!"

It was very pleasant to hear a little more from the ED too, since I hadn't seen anything from an ED single; however, the OST is already up for pre-order on CDJapan! I totally love the music, so this is awesome news.
Nov 29, 2011 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
Blackbird said:
he did eat from the same spoon maybe he want Chihaya regonized his feeling of her but still fail I guess.

Because she's sooooooooooo slow! *rages*
It was like a kiss, d@mn it! xD
Nov 29, 2011 1:48 PM

Dec 2006
haaaaaaaa best episode so far!!!!!!!!!!! >.<!!!!!

the perfect mix of humour, friendship romance (?) and karuta *o*!
Taichi was so cute being...jealous? and getting that indirect kiss :D
and arata too!! sending her a birthday message aww >.< I love this anime <3
Nov 29, 2011 1:51 PM
Aug 2010
Niiice episode, im apparently the only here rooting for arata.. seems like it's true afterall. Most of the girls go by appearance at first. Im apparently the only one thinking the opposite.
Nov 29, 2011 1:55 PM

Nov 2009
banisherx said:
seems like it's true afterall. Most of the girls go by appearance at first.

Everyone is like that. It's the first thing you see after all! Then comes the personality and Taichi has it all. He's talented. It's natural for girls to root for him. Best genes, best genes, haha xD.
Nov 29, 2011 1:55 PM

Apr 2010
I had a feeling from the start that it was from Arata ♥, and I am glad that Taichi dit not erase that massage ^^ I came to like Taichi more after this :D, it's good to see that he changed from his coward self like he was when he was small.
But I need more of Arata! T__T
Nov 29, 2011 1:56 PM

Aug 2008
TAICHIIII! I LOVE YOUU! *I like you arata too*
chihaya, why are you so dense?

I never realize how great madhouse is with animation until I watched Chihayafuru.
Again, I was stunned by the scene of the wind passing over the river (just when Taichi got the mail). It was so awesome!

And a question for the manga reader, when is Taichi going to end up with his current invisible girlfriend?
KuriniNov 29, 2011 2:04 PM
Nov 29, 2011 2:08 PM
Jan 2009
banisherx said:
Niiice episode, im apparently the only here rooting for arata.. seems like it's true afterall. Most of the girls go by appearance at first. Im apparently the only one thinking the opposite.

Okay, I'm sorry but where did that conclusion come from? I'm fairly certain that it’s not based on looks. If you haven’t noticed, a lot of people actually disliked or downright hated Taichi to begin with and guess what? Teenage Taichi appears in the very first episode. So your conclusion about most girls caring more about the appearance is hardly credible in this situation. Besides, some actually thinks that Arata is the better looking one.
Dec 2007
Best episode of an already almost perfect shoujo/sports series. The developments and ending were purely fantastic.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

May 2010
Chihaya can go die. Neither men deserves to be stuck with her
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 29, 2011 2:34 PM

Nov 2011
Just when I think this series is getting a little weaker, it pulls off a corker like this. Character interactions were fantastic, and it's wonderful to see a series that reveals a lot of the characters' emotions through dialogue rather than monologue.

It also did a good job of putting into words why Chihaya isn't as selfish as people were suggesting in the last few episodes.
Nov 29, 2011 2:34 PM

Jan 2010
Arata was the best part of the episode and he was only present as a fucking text message.
Nov 29, 2011 2:39 PM

Jun 2011
omg some doki doki scene in this episode which I wanted! xD
I don't mind which one Chihaya ends up with cause I love both Taichi and Arata.
But still wondering where's Taichi's ''Girlfriend'' went. haha. :3
Looking forwards to next episode!
Nov 29, 2011 2:43 PM
Oct 2008
This was quite a bad episode. I hope they don't go to the romantic developments, Chihaya should stay the oblivious one.
Nov 29, 2011 2:48 PM

Jul 2011
Shirtless Taichi = nosebleed
Nov 29, 2011 2:50 PM
Jun 2009
Chihaya is the only shoujo character I don't hate. She's positive and energetic in a good way.
And I loved the fluff between her and Taichi. Best duet ever. I'm not into love stories, but this series deserves a kissing scene between them.
Nov 29, 2011 2:53 PM

Aug 2010
BEST FREAKIN EPISODE EVER. OMFG.
The whole group together gettin work done (:
Taichi and Chihaya stuff goin on..
I'd rather see Chihaya with Arata though xD
Nov 29, 2011 3:16 PM

Oct 2011
One of my favorite episodes so far. Shed a tear at the end. But I'm still wondering what actually happened to Taichi's girlfriend.
Nov 29, 2011 3:28 PM
Oct 2010
Emprizzle said:
am I the only one that thought that the message Taichi got was a break up message from his girlfriend? and he totally acted like he was just dumped but naaah it's his rival Arata again haha.
Maybe... I don't think he'd look that dejected if it was that XD. In fact, I have the feeling that he already dumped her... she's nowhere to be seen after all.

Taichi is too good for Chihaya, but since he obviously loves her so much it would be nice if they ended up together.

Anyway, this episode, Chihaya finally started to think about other people's feelings. Hopefully she'll have more development as the series goes by... that way, she might end up as a decent character... Don't get me wrong, I don't hate her, but she's still too self-centered.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 29, 2011 3:32 PM

Apr 2010
Man, poor Taichi :(
Nov 29, 2011 3:46 PM

Mar 2009
Why'd Chihaya only blush after she got the message from Arata? ;___; This ep was so cute, Taichi finally making some moves hmm? =w= Poor guy lol, he's the most involved with Chihaya for the longest time yet still the third wheel. And again the music is awesome ~ :D
Nov 29, 2011 4:30 PM
Jul 2011
I'm a straight guy, but I totally want to "do the sex" to Taichi.
Once again, I am completely mesmerized by the score. It is simply perfect. (The composer also did the music to Digimon Xros Wars, which makes me think that I need to get back into Digimon).
This is definitely building up to be my favorite anime of the season.

Small nitpick: Did anyone else notice that "walking animation" around (I think) the 9 minute mark? They were just moving the characters up and down haphazardly and that really got me to laugh more than I should have.
Nov 29, 2011 4:32 PM

Jul 2011
Another great episode. The cards appear to be invincible as usual.

5/5
Nov 29, 2011 5:05 PM

Oct 2010
Adverage episode until the heart wrenching ending.

Show continues to impress me its seriously awesome
Nov 29, 2011 5:13 PM
Apr 2010
TAICHI!!!! YOU POOR BASTERD!!!

I'm rooting for you because at least you try to get her to notice you!!!
Nov 29, 2011 5:36 PM
Jul 2009
I loved this episode! It really seemed like Chihaya was warming up to Taichi, which is something I really want. Over the course of everything, he never stopped liking (possibly loving) Chihaya, and the way he looks at her is just...ahhh! I really, REALLY hope she ends up with him and not Arata. Not only is Arata less good looking, but he hasn't even been there. Taichi is there and he genuinely loves and cares about Chihaya. I only hope she realizes this and this ends up being one of those cases where you end up realizing the one you love was right in front of you all long. Fingers crossed!

All things aside though, I can't wait for the next episode and I hope Chihaya keeps an open mind!
Nov 29, 2011 5:38 PM

Jul 2011
keikanna44 said:
Man Arata better be in the next god damn episode as something other than a footnote in history or I'm going to f***ing kill someone!!!!

+1

Best episode! I can't wait to see them playing in the karuta tournament.
Nov 29, 2011 5:50 PM

Sep 2008
Mashima's Mom... bathroom... mmmmmmmmmmm just the thought

FUCK YEAH, GO ARATA!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2011 6:57 PM

Jul 2008
Being Taichi is suffering.
Nov 29, 2011 6:59 PM

May 2010
Everything was nice until the birthday part which I don't like :/
Nov 29, 2011 7:36 PM

Oct 2006
Screw shipping wars, ChihayaxKaruta for life. It's true love.
Nov 29, 2011 7:43 PM

Nov 2011
Good episode. I'm glad there is plenty of interaction between the main and support characters, but I feel it's about time they brought Arata back.
Nov 29, 2011 8:09 PM

Aug 2010
Poor Taichi... I'm worried about his future in this show for some reason.
Nov 29, 2011 8:10 PM

Nov 2011
at the beginning i was totally Arata's fan.. but damn Taichi was so COOOOOOL in this episode.. he kept levelling up up up up AND UP!!! aaaah i love him.. XD.. he is so manly and mature.. but now i fully understand why Arata calling him a coward.. >< but still.. aaaaaaah this anime is growing a complex in me.. i cant choose between these two..

ooh..also also.. its cute from Arata that he remembered Chihaya's birthday.. come back quickly!!!

Nov 29, 2011 8:21 PM

Aug 2010
This show is just so cute and funny. I'm really enjoying it and the love triangle between Taichi, Chihaya and Arata is very interesting. I'm sure Chihaya is oblivious to it all and doesn't even realize her own feelings. From the way things are shown I'm thinking she likes Arata and only views Taichi as a childhood friend. Although, I can see starting to like Taichi as well considering how much time they're spending together now and Taichi is being a tad bit forward. I do feel bad for Taichi since he has liked Chihaya for so long and she just has no idea.

I think Kana and Tsutomu are so cute and Nishida is hilarious. I can't wait to see how things progress now that they are a club and I hope to see Arata in the next episodes. He's actually my favorite ^^
Nov 29, 2011 8:22 PM

Jul 2009
Looks like I got to jump on the bandwagon and say poor Taichi as well. This guy, no matter how hard he tries, will always fall short! Sorry Taichi, the better childhood friend always wins.
Nov 29, 2011 8:45 PM

Mar 2009
seems like ill start to root for Taichi now~
Nov 29, 2011 8:49 PM

Jan 2008
I have always liked Taichi. Arata is cool too but for some reason, I don't want Chihaya to end up with him. I think Chihaya is starting to get conscious about Taichi, which is cute. Well, I never thought Taichi is serious about that girlfriend of his, so they might not be together for a long time.

I hope I am not wrong but I have a feeling the possibility of Chihaya choosing Taichi is there and I hope it happens. Great episode.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2012

232 by Euroqean »»
Feb 10, 2:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.