Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2011 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
So glad it finally ended!!! Such a waste of time... At least now I can start focusing on the upcoming shows and hoping that I won't be tricked like this again... Pretty show but barely has any substance in it.

PS: No Tomoe x Ren, no Mr. Bean x Nako.... Sad panda is sad :(

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 25, 2011 2:26 PM

Jan 2011
For a brief period at the start of the series it looked as though it could have been the anime of the year. It wasn't. On the other hand it did have some strong episodes and by the end I found myself caring about what happened to all of the characters. I have no desire for another season, but even though this was a strong ending, I would watch an Ova showing what happened to people afterwards (the short scenes were nice but inconclusive). Perhaps a reunion at Ren and Tomoe's wedding? (hint hint)

We got Ko x Ohana, although still a pretty innocent love, and the scene with Minko and Tohru I took to being one in which they both got hired by the same employer--so that relationship was still developing.

The final episode and its themes of ending and memories really solidified my rating for the series (9/10).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 25, 2011 3:11 PM

May 2009
It had some rough spots in the middle. But the final few episodes were good. Over all it was a fun ride. 8/10 no where near perfect but still enjoyable.
Sep 25, 2011 3:15 PM
Nov 2008
I may have enjoyed the first half more than the second, but I still loved this show throughout. I found myself very attached to the characters, and I couldn't get enough of seeing them through all their ups and downs. The ending was wonderfully emotional, particularly watching Sui walk through the inn. Overall, quality slice of life series. 9/10
Sep 25, 2011 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
Hoppy said:
McRib said:
All I gotta say is that this show truly went downhill. It turned from my most anticipated show of the week to something that was a chore to watch. I'm pretty disappointed with it...I truly thought it would be something special but all we got was mediocrity.

I rarely say this, but I think this show would have been better if it was 12-13 episodes.

Yeah, this needed 12-13 episodes. The series was really good at first but went downhill after ep 15 and couldn't save itself with the last few eps.

6/10

This....

Minko remain annoying character till end. That's just perfect.
Sep 25, 2011 3:36 PM

Jul 2010
Not perfect by any means but the show's production value remained pretty consistent. Had plenty of funny moments as well as drama moments.
Sep 25, 2011 3:54 PM

Apr 2011
9/10 to my liking.

I'm glad Ko x Ohana wasn't anti-climax or ended up with a kiss, it just didn't feel right for Ohana to be lip syncing Ko yet (or anyone).

What anti-climax was the Inn still closing down, totally what I didn't expect, when #25 was over with.

From the beginning to the near end, Ohana had a "identity crisis", but now its resolve with her wanting to become like Sui, in terms of independent and strong.

- Nako teaching small children to swim was so sweet
- Mr. Bean actually has a wife (dead I bet), his grandkids are so cute (except the baby :P).
- Ren was pissing his pants, being introduce to his new co-workers.
- Generic that Touru + Minko found a job together (speculation).

Wasn't disappointed about Ko x Ohana being downplayed by the sudden closure of the Inn, the theme was never romance anyways. It will be awesome if we get a few OVA's.

Overall, I enjoy the whole series. 9/10.
Sep 25, 2011 4:11 PM

Sep 2007
I've enjoyed this series a lot, but I wouldn't want a second season, it's fine like this, with everybody keeping on with their lives hoping to be reunited in the future =)

Sep 25, 2011 4:15 PM

Dec 2010
it waz an alright show, the beginning and the ending were very well done so i think 8/10 however it really deserves like a 7, thank god i dont have to hear "lets fest it up" anymore LOLOL
Sep 25, 2011 4:26 PM

Aug 2010
Good ending. I'm completely satisfied :)

What I liked most about the series was even though some eps did have difficult cliff hangers, the series was a really good once a week type of show. (Actually, I think I would of liked it less if I had watched it in one go. :/)

Over all, 9/10 for me.
Sep 25, 2011 4:29 PM

Jul 2010
vansonbee said:
- Generic that Touru + Minko found a job together (speculation).
I didn't even think of that. I thought that scene with them was that Minko was trying to get a job, then Tohru spotted her and came over to vouch for her abilities. If they were both interviewing then he would've been there with her all along, right?

For a show that had a lot of ups and downs I think the ending was nice. Personally, I liked Minko and I would've liked to have seen something more between she and Tohru. They just kind of left it up in the air, which I did expect but kind of crossed my fingers for something extra anyways. Satsuki and her mother together was cute, and seeing Tomoe mess up at her job and Nako teaching kids to swim felt perfect. It's hard to rate, but for now it's 7/10. I may change it later.
Sep 25, 2011 4:30 PM

May 2010
the first half was really good but somewhere it was lost and i dont like the ending but at least its open 8/10
Sep 25, 2011 4:35 PM
Aug 2010
This show always puts a smile on my face. There is a lot to dislike (actually, not dislike, but more in that in didn't live up to its potential). But it was so nice, and has made me a fan of nano.RIPE now.

I thought Tohru was just vouching for Minchi, it was stated in an earlier ep that he was going to work at the same place as Ren-san. Seeing Nakochan teach kids swimming was awesome. And I'm glad that Sui wants to experience some waitressing again. Hope they all don't forgot their plans to come back to Kissuiso.
Sep 25, 2011 4:41 PM
Jan 2011
Great P.A.WORKS 10/10
Good charactor 7/10
Poor Okada's script & story 5/10

7/10
Sep 25, 2011 4:51 PM

Dec 2009
That was an awesome ending. <33
8/10.
Sep 25, 2011 5:09 PM
Dec 2007
One of the best slice-of-life animes ever, extremely realistic while remaining very entertaining with a fantastic cast of characters. On top of that, it is easily Masahiro Ando's (Sword of the Stranger, Canaan) best direction and contains the two best OPs of the year - unless the fall season proves me wrog -. A good 9/10 and top 10 series of the year for me.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 25, 2011 5:33 PM

Mar 2011
Really cute series, ending was lovely. 8/10
Sep 25, 2011 5:46 PM

Sep 2010
Good ending, everything else was petty much shit.
Sep 25, 2011 6:02 PM

Sep 2009
A great ending, other than that it feels like I waited 26 weeks just to see something substantial happen between Ohana and Ko.
Sep 25, 2011 6:11 PM

Jun 2007
You know why it dragged? Because it's a slice of life, idiots lol. Go watch Love Hina or any other similar Slice of Life series and you'll have the same opinion.

I loved the series. The art was great, music fit the setting, story was good, there was a wide variety of characters that left last impressions. I was really hoping for a small glimpse into the future at the very end though. Overall great series. One of the better series this season.
Sep 25, 2011 6:14 PM

Oct 2008
Redfoxoffire said:
That yakisoba guy who seemingly whipped up a heart in 5 seconds after Ohana's confession is officially the most badass character in the series.

THIS, lmao.

Yeah the show for me also seemed to have gone downhill somewhere halfway through. Maybe there will be an OVA or something.
Sep 25, 2011 6:26 PM

Sep 2008
Man, Mamiko Noto's new boss is a hotheaded, yelling bastard.

He hired her knowing that she alone as a waitress will quintuple the profits for an establishment, heck even that pushing will keep the customers coming.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2011 6:49 PM
Jun 2011
Nice series! Nice ending, and left wide open for another season. Too many stones left unturned - but I really enjoyed it! 10 / 10
Sep 25, 2011 6:52 PM

Jul 2009
DeathfireD said:
You know why it dragged? Because it's a slice of life, idiots lol.

This smart guy might be convinced that Naruto is slice of life after all this time...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 25, 2011 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
nice way to end it but as much as i loved this series the whole greatness of it really went down hill after ep 13+ i remember the days of watching ep1-5 getting excited about what P.A was gonna do next, but it's like the the other half of the series was bad it just didn't live up to the earlier stuff imo.

but in few months i'll be sure to re watch my favorite episodes because this show always manages to put a smile on my face :3 9/10
Sep 25, 2011 7:04 PM

Jun 2009
I agree, it was a bit strung out but a great series none the less. 9/10..possible 8/10 if I change my mind
Sep 25, 2011 7:07 PM
Sep 2011
McRib said:
All I gotta say is that this show truly went downhill. It turned from my most anticipated show of the week to something that was a chore to watch. I'm pretty disappointed with it...I truly thought it would be something special but all we got was mediocrity.

I rarely say this, but I think this show would have been better if it was 12-13 episodes.

I personally think you're being a little too judgemental. I do see what you mean to an extent, but if watching anime is a chore to you at all, then i gotta wonder why you even watch it.

i thought this ending episode was great. there wasn't a huge plotline to follow, but i really enjoyed the humanity in each of the characters. it was as if they were people, and not just 'characters'. their personalities were unique, without resorting to cliche's. that's probably my favorite part about this series.

but anyway, that's just my opinion. i think it ended where it should have.
Sep 25, 2011 7:52 PM

Feb 2009
Deecent ending, I've just grown to really like Sui. Had some tears in my eyes a couple times.

Dunno what else to say. The show really went downhill after its first two amazing episodes, and it was a pretty big disappointment imo. 6.5/10, so 7/10 on here
Sep 25, 2011 7:53 PM

Feb 2009
To be honest, I am going against a LOT of people and giving this a 10. It is definitely something I can see rewatching in the future and something I looked forward to every week. Ohana was a great main character and I just loved this series to bits.

It wasn't perfect, but a 10 doesn't mean perfect, it means a masterpiece and in my opinion, this is a series I will personally consider a masterpiece, particularily those first 2 episodes and the last ones.
Sep 25, 2011 8:17 PM

Feb 2008
this felt more like a road not taken than a story of romance. i had no attachment to nearly most of the characters except for maybe Nako. i just could not get interested in the rest of them.
Sep 25, 2011 8:34 PM

Aug 2011
Great ending. It really bought it nice together with a happy ending that didn't really get rushed despite the fact it's 26 episodes.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Sep 25, 2011 8:53 PM

Jul 2008
AHH THE ENDING WAS AMAZING!!!
One of my favorite animes of all time for sure.
I will miss watching this every week. :(
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Sep 25, 2011 9:09 PM

May 2011
The ending left me thinking.

This isn't how I wanted the show to end.

So many personal unresolved issues left on the table. Only token efforts the show minimal progress on 4 fronts. TomoexSugardaddy, MinchiXtohru, EnishiXJudowife, and OhanaxKo. The only real resolution was that Kissiuso closed and they had to find other work/school.

However, I still sorta enjoyed the ending. I just wished there was more to it than that.

The bests parts were with the Shijima family Sui and Satsuki, and with Ohana and Sui near the end.

Someone said the series would have been better only 12-13 episodes. I agree it should have been shorter. Especially if your building up the side characters like they did only to not do anything substantial with them at the end.

Ohana has a lot going for it but it just ended up with something missing. I still think it's worthy of an 8/10 with all the hard work that went into the animation and production.
Sep 25, 2011 10:10 PM
Apr 2010
Wow, I was expecting a "OMGCRAMEVERYTHINGINTHEEND" ending but no; it was a bitter-sweet slow ending. And KINDA <---EMPHASIS ON KINDA---> surprising. It did made me realize though (DUUHHHHH) that it wasn't JUST Ohana's life, it was actually a broad spectrum of people who she met with (oh hey, if u visualize it, it goes from 1 person and expands into other people; LIKE A F****NG BUD that BLOOMS!!!!). :D

9/10 for the whole series.
Sep 25, 2011 10:29 PM

Aug 2011
Nice ending =).
Iroha is a really charming character.

» Escapism.

Sep 25, 2011 10:43 PM

Aug 2011
Wow. I can't believe it's finally at an end! Bittersweet but overall quite realistic. If PA works ever wishes to revive this anime with a second season.. in all honesty I'm not sure if it is able to have the same effect on us as this one did.

Farewell Ohana-chan and Kissuiso, will miss ya'll <3~
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Sep 25, 2011 11:24 PM

Feb 2010
alright ending show went downhill halfway through 7/10.
Sep 25, 2011 11:25 PM

Aug 2010
DeathfireD said:
You know why it dragged? Because it's a slice of life, idiots lol

100% agree. i would say "dragged" as well because for the genre, it didn't really drag too much.
Sep 25, 2011 11:44 PM
Dec 2008
Great end. It made up for the FORCED DRAMA last couple of episodes. The story is about Ohana sharing a small part of her life. You got to see her grow up and I enjoyed everything about the series. The bitter sweet end is great just like True Tears.

Speaking of True Tears, they threw in a cameo with Shinichirō's dad.

http://myanimelist.net/character/33309/Munehiro_Nakagami

Sep 25, 2011 11:53 PM

Sep 2009
I was totally expecting Okami-san to like, collapse/get a heart attack/unexpectedly die alllllllllllllllll the way throughout the entire episode.

"oh, she's gonna die now" "No, now" "SHE'S GONNA GET HIT BY THE TRAAAIIN--aw, dammit."

I swear nothing's wrong with me <_<; I BLAME STEINS;GATE

Sep 26, 2011 12:09 AM

Jan 2008
NICE ENDING! I LOVE IT! :)
Sep 26, 2011 12:12 AM

Sep 2010
Nice ending I suppose.
Sep 26, 2011 12:22 AM

Jan 2011
Nagi- said:
Great end. It made up for the FORCED DRAMA last couple of episodes. The story is about Ohana sharing a small part of her life. You got to see her grow up and I enjoyed everything about the series. The bitter sweet end is great just like True Tears.

Speaking of True Tears, they threw in a cameo with Shinichirō's dad.

http://myanimelist.net/character/33309/Munehiro_Nakagami

Nice find was like a year ago since i watch true tears nice of em to do that.
Sep 26, 2011 12:36 AM

Apr 2009
8/10..

very enjoyable slice of life.. i didn't feel like it dragged but it had a couple of ups and downs.. good thing it has great production and memorable characters.. and it succeeded in making me love that inn as well.. yes, the inn and the people related to it is the whole point of the show..
anyway, True Tears is still the best show of P.A. Works..
Sep 26, 2011 12:49 AM
Feb 2009
chzrm3 said:
That was a pretty great ending! It always impresses me how whenever a slice of life ends, I'm always sad that I won't get a chance to visit that little world anymore. I didn't think I'd be sad with this one, but I was.

The stuff with Ohana's grandma was really well done, I think seeing her walk around the empty inn was probably the most emotional scene of the entire show. Very well done. : )

I think you summed it up quite nicely.
Sep 26, 2011 1:57 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder what Sui and Satsuki wished for on their wooden plaques during the festival..

Really enjoyed the conclusion, although I was expecting to feel more emotional; it was very heartwarming and nostalgic - loved the throwbacks to similar scenes in episode 1.

Overall a 9/10 for me (would be 8.5 if not for the stunning animation).
Sep 26, 2011 2:22 AM
Dec 2010
Man this anime has been with me for half a year now! Its gonna feel like theres something missing now... :(

I liked this final ep, not much drama but alot of closure.
Sep 26, 2011 2:32 AM

Mar 2009
Enjoyed this series so much, made my Monday evenings so enjoyable..

Going to miss it :(
Sep 26, 2011 5:21 AM

Feb 2011
Will miss it :)
Sep 26, 2011 5:47 AM

Oct 2010
The ending was pretty good. Didn't really make me shed a single tear or anything, but it was indeed such a soft heart warming one.

I feel like I'm gonna miss this series.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2011

173 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.