Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2011 10:01 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, in the episode Producer smooths everything out with Miki. The insert song was FuruFuru Future and showed her walking through town. At the part where Producer was running around looking for her, you can see a Taiko no Tatsujin game. And when Miki is getting interviewed, she sings a little bit of Do-Dai.

When Producer chased after Miki through the crowd and grabbed her arm, I thought they were going to do Awakened Miki for a second and have a car come out of nowhere and hit Producer. But in the end they talk things out.

The girls also got their Luxury outfits. My favorite outfit from the games.

ED this time is Shocking na Kare. Preview didn't show much except Chihaya running.

This episode is probably my least favorite so far, it doesn't help that Miki is my least favorite character. Her episode was just uninteresting and kind of boring.
OustoSep 22, 2011 10:26 AM
Sep 22, 2011 11:29 AM

Nov 2008
I'm glad Miki and the producer reconciled, boy she was dense throughout this episode but being denied into an idol group with all your friends in it and you not being in a concert can do that to anyone. It would have been depressing without Miki around.

Ousto said:

When Producer chased after Miki through the crowd and grabbed her arm, I thought they were going to do Awakened Miki for a second and have a car come out of nowhere and hit Producer. But in the end they talk things out.

Awakened Miki, oh please no, she doesn't look too good or no where as good personality-wise as Awakened Miki, I prefer the standard cute, happy-go-lucky, lazy and blond Miki. Those endings, so cute, got a boner from the bed scene.

Sep 22, 2011 10:42 PM

Jul 2011
Yes I loved it when she was singing Do-dai one of my favorite songs too XDDD, but yeah same here I thought she was going be "awakened" this episode. 1st half I was goin WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE MIKI!!! 2nd half when she was walking with producer i was goin aww Miki HNNNNNGGGG XDD yea soo to me it was just a "Miki is cute so deal with it" episode. Loved every minute of it XDD and that ED is pretty hott can't wait for the no credit version so i can make shots those my wallpaper XDDD
Sep 22, 2011 10:49 PM

Jul 2008
I love Miki, so I thought this was a pretty good episode. I thought there would be a little more drama though. I didn't expect it to be resolved in one episode. Also the animation was kind of below par this time.
Sep 22, 2011 11:29 PM

Apr 2011
I like Miki, but she was really dense this episode (and #6), could of at least think in a more positive light, but unnecessary drama is needed once and a while.

Wish she show bit more remorse for the rest of the girls, who practiced hard, when she was off on her own (before the producer met her).

Glad Chihaya wasn't lying that she wasn't mad XD
Sep 23, 2011 1:04 AM

Apr 2011
The drama may not be that heavy as I would expect it to be, but I still enjoyed this episode. A entertaining , with a bit of sweetness and cuteness into it.

I must praise Producer-san for having the balls to follow Miki around despite despite his failures and misunderstandings. He did not give up on Miki and tries to understand her more thanks to Otonashi's lecture about the feelings of a 15 year old girl. And my, the Prodcuer was also a sharp person. He's scary good at knowing the tastes of a 15 year old girl and even treated to a nice, sweet little date with Miki(lucky guy).

During that scene on the bridge I could sense there's a nice chemistry between the two and I dare say in the relationship Department.
Sep 23, 2011 1:51 AM
Sep 2011
miki was awfully annoying this ep. i found myself trying to be understanding with her since she's still so young but she really let me down abandoning the group like that. i liked the ending though, i'm excited for the next ep! hope there's more insert songs.
Sep 23, 2011 4:47 AM

Aug 2010
Miki centered episode is a good episode for me. Yeah, she's 15 so that sort of attitude could be expected.
Sep 23, 2011 5:13 AM

Apr 2011
Would've been interesting to see Miki starting to get Infatuated with Producer. Oh well...maybe on later episode.

Comparing current Miki and Awakened Miki, The current Miki is much better. I just like how the way she is.
Sep 23, 2011 8:43 AM

Dec 2010
I like Miki, but this episode wasn't one of the better ones. It actually made my love for Miki decrease. The only highlight I can think of are the new luxury outfits, the rest of the episode was pretty meh..

I'd also like to add that Miki's singing wasn't that great as they made out to be imo.
Sep 23, 2011 10:43 AM

Jul 2010
Miki-Miki got her episode but a bit gloomy. i wanted her episode with sparkling everywhere, but i guess maybe next week in live concert.

She was so much obsessed with Ryugo Komachi, well, i guess that sort of attitude is normal for 15 y/o girl. but I like when producer said you will become more popular than Ryugo Komachi.
Sep 23, 2011 10:51 AM

Sep 2008
What an annoying episode.
Who wants to be part of a large enough group where they aren't able to stand out enough; don't give me shit about how they are able to discern character through hair color and features pertaining to only anime. I honestly can't see how people get out of AKB 48 and the like.

I especially hate how Ryuuguu Komachi strolls in like they are the shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2011 12:04 PM

Jul 2010
Pfff, Miki was being so stubborn this episode. She really only thought about herself. Pretty annoying. Normally I really like her character, so I'm glad she's back though.

Looks like the concert won't be all smooth sailing either though. Looking at the preview...

Sep 23, 2011 12:25 PM
Apr 2010
I love Miki, but in this ep, I wanted to smack the F*** outta her. I mean really, she was way way way waaaayyy too selfish on this ep; to the point that it would have been detrimental to the whole show, and her fellow Idols. If I was the producer, I'd give her an ultimatum: Get here and practice, or you're gone from the industry!

And then in the end, they made it look like it's the Producer's fault; I mean... Really... Any 15 year old girl could have understood what he meant when he told Miki back then (I understand Japanese enough that the context of what he said was clear). I'm just glad everything's settled.
Flipside101Sep 23, 2011 12:29 PM
Sep 23, 2011 2:06 PM

Aug 2011
great episode, and since miki is just such a cute character,it was a great episode. Miki did seem to be selfish throughout the episode, but her being stubborn, and overcoming that is thumbs up! But i think the producer really did handle it well.
at first, i though that the producer was not that good, but he's slowly becoming a good producer, as he's.. "gaining experience" with each main character.
Next episode looks good too, but the ED was FTW!!! Those screenshots of miki were just toooooo good!! Especially the first one!!
btw, that custom suited her totally!! (the one miki'll be wearing to the concert!!)
Sep 23, 2011 6:54 PM

Jul 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

I don't even see why they are that special. I wouldn't have chosen any of those three if I had to make a small group.
Sep 23, 2011 7:11 PM

Apr 2011
GarLogan78 said:
HawthorneKitty said:

I don't even see why they are that special. I wouldn't have chosen any of those three if I had to make a small group.
Iroi always been like that... she the perky rich tsundere princess.

I don't see what the other 2 did that made them high and mighty...
Sep 23, 2011 7:46 PM

Jul 2010
vansonbee said:
GarLogan78 said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Iroi always been like that... she the perky rich tsundere princess.

I can't stand Iori and Ami in the group and If Iori is getting special treatment just because she's rich, then it's so unfair with other girls.

Though i think Ritsuko just choose them randomly.
Sep 23, 2011 8:30 PM
Apr 2011
Even though Miki's stubbornness did get the best of her, I still like her. I'm glad the whole misunderstanding is over.
Sep 23, 2011 8:33 PM
Dec 2007
Han-yuu said:

I can't stand Iori and Ami in the group and If Iori is getting special treatment just because she's rich, then it's so unfair with other girls.

Though i think Ritsuko just choose them randomly.
There's actually no real reasoning behind the choices as far as I see. The choice of Ami was obviously because game-wise you still had Mami as her replacement in the Producer's lineup. Azusa was likely chosen for her mature and serene air to counter Ami's child-like personality. While you could argue others, like Chihaya, are also mature, they're also trouble to deal with. Chihaya especifically is very hard to deal with because she can't tolerate half-hearted attitude and only cares about singing while neglecting any other activity that might help her gain fans.

As for the choice of Iori, I'm going to vote for the "she's rich" option because seriously, she has no other real talent as far as we can see. She's haughty and obstinate. My only guess is that Ritsuko thought that her being from an known rich family could give them some leeway in popularity plus the way she is she doesn't have a lot of trouble bragging, which does come in handy when you're trying to sell yourself as the next best thing.

Sep 24, 2011 2:09 AM

Sep 2010
ye the 3-man group is kinda the bich of the series, ah well those pink outfits are sexy as hell :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2011 8:54 AM

Aug 2010
I hope we are done with Miki for good for the rest of the series. I didn't like her earlier, but now I actually dislike her. 3/5.
Sep 24, 2011 1:46 PM

Oct 2009
The real reason Ryuuguu Komachi was made is because they needed an excuse to not make routes for those girls in the game. Ami and Mami are voiced by the same person, and having both a Mami and Ami route would be too much work/too similar. Iori is voiced by Rie, who is probably always busy and couldn't record a full route. And Azusa's voice actress is busy as well. That's the most likely reason. Iori, Ami, and Azusa is a random group, but I think they compliment each other well and sound good.

Also, believe it or not, but Iori is actually a talented idol. She has high dance and visual stats. She's just lacking in the voice department. She's not just getting everything because she's rich.
Sep 24, 2011 2:08 PM
Apr 2011
All I could think about was how Producer and Miki's scenes together looked like a lover's quarrel. (Minus the pinky promise)

Indeed there was some interesting hints of love chemistry, although Miki's age would make Producer-san borderline Pedo...

I'm surprised nobody called him out on it during the interview scene since he was running after this girl.
Sep 25, 2011 9:14 AM

Jul 2010
there was some bad animation in this episode with producer and other stuff that i noticed. Other than that it was a okay ep.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Sep 25, 2011 11:47 PM
Aug 2010
So does this series get decent after awhile? I love the Idolmaster game series but I have no freaking idea how they were gonna make an anime out of it. After watching a 3 episodes, it seems like my fears were right; the anime seems to have no substance or plot or direction or anything. Its like K-ON and all those other moe-blob shows except its less fun to watch.
Sep 26, 2011 1:39 AM

Jul 2010
Bobjones said:
So does this series get decent after awhile? I love the Idolmaster game series but I have no freaking idea how they were gonna make an anime out of it. After watching a 3 episodes, it seems like my fears were right; the anime seems to have no substance or plot or direction or anything. Its like K-ON and all those other moe-blob shows except its less fun to watch.

You choose wrong series to watch. comedy, slice of life and cute girls. stay away or expect random plot. it can get funny and boring sometimes. all up to your taste.

Though i think this is a decent series.I'm getting what i expected. nothing too amazing but not boring either.
Sep 27, 2011 10:46 AM

Dec 2010
30-second preview is out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfOFcilzTok&feature=player_embedded

Can't wait for the live performance ><
Sep 28, 2011 1:00 AM

Sep 2010
Those outfits are the ones one the cover of the original game, right?
Sep 28, 2011 7:59 AM

Jun 2008
Ovindel said:

No that's the green ones.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 28, 2011 10:35 AM

Sep 2010
kaimax said:
Ovindel said:

No that's the green ones.

Oops, I should've checked before I posted.
Sep 28, 2011 1:48 PM

Jun 2011
I think the real bitch in this anime is Ritsuko Akizuki, she picks three of the girls even splitting up the twins (she is lucky that didnt go to hell) and then pretty much says fuck you to all the other girls and shoves all the leftovers onto the producer. Not only does the producer have to deal with the girls that were left behind and their questions of why they were left behind Ritsuko Akizuki now just focuses everything on those 3 random girls only sometimes dropping by to talk down to the producer.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 28, 2011 5:25 PM

Apr 2010
Miki is my Favorite Character. She is so cute and awesome. xD Loved the episode and LOVED the ending song. 5/5
Sep 28, 2011 7:34 PM

Apr 2011
The scenes between the two of them looked like a lover's quarrel. Wnen Producers is chasing Miki I was like 'aw' . I just love that scene.

I would love to see some more developments between them most especially on the romantic side.
MagitoSep 28, 2011 7:40 PM
Sep 28, 2011 8:43 PM

Jun 2008
Slicer22 said:
I think the real bitch in this anime is Ritsuko Akizuki, she picks three of the girls even splitting up the twins (she is lucky that didnt go to hell) and then pretty much says fuck you to all the other girls and shoves all the leftovers onto the producer. Not only does the producer have to deal with the girls that were left behind and their questions of why they were left behind Ritsuko Akizuki now just focuses everything on those 3 random girls only sometimes dropping by to talk down to the producer.

So, making a smaller unit is now considered being a bitch? how shallow can you be.

She did that so 765 Pro will become more well-known. And like I said earlier, managing a smaller unit is much more manageable and controllable than managing all 12 of them at once. So, she had to choose the right idols for the unit.

If 765 Pro become well known of course other people will try to look at the other idols.

Episode 10, 11, and 12 won't happen if it weren't for the popularity of Ryuguu Komachi. If it weren't for them they won't be invited to the Idol Olympics, if it weren't for them they won't get a special live. They would still be just a random Idol Production company with no fans.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 29, 2011 4:31 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah, 765 pro wouldn't be well known without RK. Now this time and thanks to them, the other 9 girls would have a chance to shine and perform live onstage!

Would love to see them get famous and see producer starting to get really busy with work.
Nov 19, 2011 11:56 AM
Jan 2010
Miki is the shittiest idol.
She's worse than Chihaya.
Dec 7, 2011 6:11 PM
Nov 2011
Did someone else notice that after her meeting with Ritsuko, at the end of ep. 11 Miki WALKED away and at the beginning of ep. 12 she RAN away?
Dec 8, 2011 1:02 AM

Sep 2010
That could be possible, often such inconsistencies happen in anime, especially when to last part of the last episode was the same scene as the first scene of the new episode.
Jan 20, 2012 12:09 PM

Apr 2011
Like their outfits - they're so cute~ lmao.

I'm not sure, what to think about Miki.
On one side I like her, but in other she really annoys me. >d
Jan 31, 2012 2:24 PM

May 2009
Didn't like Miki before this; still don't like her. But I appreciated the character development at least.

It seems kinda their role in the story to act as a foil to the rest of the cast.

Bobjones said:

I hear it becomes more dramatic later on.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 31, 2012 6:23 PM

Aug 2008
KEEP WATCHING IT, GUYS!
Jul 9, 2012 3:49 PM

Nov 2011
Despite my initial dislike of Miki, she shined in this episode like a star.
Aug 23, 2012 3:19 AM

Jun 2009
Ace Miki, back on duty
Nov 27, 2012 7:17 PM

Oct 2011
too much Miki for my heart <3 she's just too cute :o
Jan 11, 2013 6:16 PM

Sep 2011
I'm happy she is back so fast.

I kind of have a feeling that Miki might love the Producer. Maybe it's just my imagination though, I don't think they will put romance in here.
Jul 12, 2013 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode.
Oct 5, 2013 6:52 PM

Feb 2013
Miki-Miki episode!

She seems so happy just doing random things. It's nice to see her rejoin the group for the upcoming concert.

Am I the only one thinking their stage outfits are a bit too "revealing"? Ami should have poked Mami in the tummy (or is it the other way around...).
Dec 5, 2013 7:35 PM

Jun 2013
Miki best girl

Dec 5, 2013 7:41 PM
Mar 2013
So much Miki love! Yay, I'm with all of you guys. Miki x Producer my OTP!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.