Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 18, 2011 2:03 AM

May 2009
Saotome speaks as if he's puking everywhere, all the time too.
Lmao. It makes me sick when he speaks for long periods of time. Gah!

What a CHEEEEESY episode! GAWD!! Especially that "argument". Ittoki appears real stupid there. First he's all angry and then he jumps up with excitement "All right! Let's all rehearse for the audition!" *punches him in the face*

"I love.... the songs you make!"
*spits on Ichinose*
I hate this series. It's so stupid and damn annoying with all those idiotic dialogues. It's gonna end up with Haruka going all, "Arigatou, minna-san! I love you all. Thanks for making this idiotic series a wonderful experience for me! Boo-hoo-hoo!"

X(

At least get yourself a boyfriend outside the academy to appease the audience! >.<

Okay, so I got carried away at the rant...
Syo made it a bit better by reserving his anger and not converting it into a stupid grin like the others did. Thank you.
And the end was good. GO! Saotome for making Nanami wobble-wobble! :P

Well, at least we get to hear another song. Yay for surprise song!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Sep 18, 2011 2:34 AM

Aug 2011
I must be alone. I quite liked the episode. Ichinose redeemed the trust of his partners (with a creepy headmaster eavesdropping!). The guys all made up ;) yaaay! and now the boring bits..
Ofc Haruka needs to push herself a bit more, she's been wasting far too much time trying to please everyone around her. The principal surprised me, but it was quite obvious whenever he's involved not everything is as straight forward as you'd like it to be.

It's sad to think the final episode of this series will be Haruka doubting herself and having all her 6 guys fight for her to continue on! Yes, Haruka will surpass this God of Lyric or whatever this guy is called!! Then farewell UtaPri <33
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Sep 18, 2011 5:36 AM

Feb 2009
I had no idea this series was still airing! :o I was watching it with the thought that I could watch all episodes in one run.. but no.. I was wrong.

Ah well, now I can honestly say that I am starting to hate the ' I LOVE.. the songs you make', anti-climax much?

And surely Nanami will surpass the god.. but who is this god of lyric?
Sep 18, 2011 9:54 AM
Jan 2011
You know there is still the final episode to go, it's probably a sure thing that it will have a happy ending, but, we can't expect that Haruka is gonna choose somebody to her love interest, though I would prefer Otoya to be her love interest.
Sep 18, 2011 12:48 PM

Sep 2007
What was with all the drama Tokiya, geez. Overall, I liked the episode, but it's definitely not the best one so far.

You don't have to be a genius to know that next week they will air a really cliché last episode in which everyone gets a happy ending. Tokiya will possibly be even more dramatic than this week, which is nearly impossible but I bet they will pull it off, and Haruka will get her wish of everyone basking in a rainbow-coloured cloudless transcending wave of music creating harmony and peace and happiness blahblah. She will fix some kinda song together, and this time when Shining Saotome hears it he will get the biggest boner ever, and all will be good. Tadah, there we have our ending. I hope I'm wrong, but seeing as this series has been really cliché 'till now, I don't think they will change that in the last episode.

But though I don't think this week's ep was worth much, I did laugh from time to time.
Tokiya saying the exact same thing as Otoya did was just great. :'D
''Nanami-san, I love...''
-everyone holds their breath hoping for a 'you'-
''...the music that you make!''
LOL. Haruka, this proves even Tokiya doesn't want you as his girlfriend. So get your ass out of that academy now, plox.
Also, Shou's outfit wasn't really that fabulous. I hope he doesn't wear that again, certainly not at his debut. 'Cause he will scare away his fans if he does. :'D
HiinaMar 22, 2019 5:15 PM
Sep 18, 2011 2:12 PM

Jul 2011
Personally, I loved the episode and thought it was probably the best yet.

Parts were so funny it was epic and the rest was pretty good too. The drama was over the top, sure, but it's not like it didn't have a place. Only real complaint is that it might have been a little long.

Didn't really know why everyone would be so upset but Syo did have a point. They have been working really hard to that point and putting in a lot. Tokiya not so much seeing as how he didn't show up a lot or if he did he was late.

Taking Haruka out of it seemed like a really stupid decision on Saotome's part. Wanting her to write for them is pretty much the only thing they all agreed with. They've all gone out of their way to pick her music already. Can't see how any, let alone all, would dump her now. Would be shocked if a huge thing didn't happen where at least some refused to go on without her.

On a side note since the school thing seems past now that opens up to chance of relationships now, right? Don't know if it will actually happen with any of them, especially with one episode left but it's possible now. Yes?
TanrimSep 18, 2011 2:15 PM
Sep 18, 2011 2:24 PM
Apr 2011
I hope this wasn't one of those 24 ep series that seemingly got cut to 13. Seems like a potential plot extension had they been given more air time which will now lead to a lame ending. Well maybe they'll have a season 2? Although the plot potential isn't nearly as close than it was with "C"

This episode was pretty awesome lawls...So many forced dramatic moments to the point of ridiculous hilarity. I ate it up but seriously it's just funny.

-Tokiya collapse
-the president (who I thought was Tokya's father) collapsing.
-Random Tokiya confession to Haruka:

"Daisuki desu..." *GAAAASSSP! OMG THE FORBIDDEN "NO FALLING-IN-LOVE-W/YOUR-PARTNER" POLICY!*
"anata no tsukuru kyoku ga..* oh what? a fake out...

-And then Ren railing on Tokiya just to see him cry a little more. Sneaky bastard.
-The amazingly colorful searchlights
-debut before graduation was a little unexpected.
-Did not expect Nanami to not be included in the debut with them.

A pretty good episode in my opinion in terms of entertainment.
Sep 18, 2011 9:07 PM

Aug 2011
-the president (who I thought was Tokya's father) collapsing.

A pretty good episode in my opinion in terms of entertainment.

LOL I thought the prez was his dad too! XD
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Sep 18, 2011 10:10 PM

Jan 2010
Am I the only one who thinks this "God Of Composers" is gonna be Cecil? Cause if it is I'm just gonna laugh because of the irony. He helps her make her decision of partnering with all 6 of them then he'll break them up oh rofl =P But I just want/think it will be him... Meh most likely wont be though :/

And dang I guess we dont meet Kaoru who is supposedly Syo's twin...? That sucks I really wanted to meet him :( He'd be oh so fucking cute :D

The drama did seem way forced... And Ren is just annoying -_- But the moment they started focusing on Haruka and her saying she'll try even harder I knew they were about to get sucker punched from the Principle dude~ Haha all he cares about is Success so Harukas gonna have to beat this awesome composer, though I think it's fairly obvious she will, then we'll get the cliche ending <3

I love the principles creepy smile at the end of the ep where he said "Utapri~ Watch again next week de blah blah" it was so weird and crazy looking!
MahouShoujoLainSep 18, 2011 10:14 PM
Sep 18, 2011 10:41 PM

Jul 2008
I felt like nothing happened the entire episode. The group is going to debut and there is a final challenge for Nanami, but most of the episode was cheesy drawn-out arguments and reconciliations.
Sep 19, 2011 3:39 AM

Jun 2008
IchigoParfait7 said:
Am I the only one who thinks this "God Of Composers" is gonna be Cecil?

No, you're not the only one.
If I recall it right, I remember that Shining mention something about a kitten god or something. But then again that refers to Haruka. Still I want to believe it refers to Cecil as well?
Sep 19, 2011 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
Mimiko said:
IchigoParfait7 said:

I thought so too but we'll see on the last episode. I realized we haven't seen the black cat ever since he manifested himself as Cecil.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 19, 2011 9:20 AM

May 2011
GarLogan78 said:
I felt like nothing happened the entire episode. The group is going to debut and there is a final challenge for Nanami, but most of the episode was cheesy drawn-out arguments and reconciliations.

second that option. And tokiya was waaaaaay too dramatic for his stone face hahahahaha.

and yeah i too think that maybe the god of composers can be Cecile. since he's the only one who has not got any screentime after his one ep act as a flying human :P

But yeah i kinda liked him in that episode. He looked the coolest of all the guys actually >.< But then again i love to see Ittoki just as much. Darn these bishonen confusing my poor tinsy winsy heart.
Sep 19, 2011 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
well i admit the drama was quite lame >_> and the anti climatic-ness of it is even worse lol
only redeeming part was the amazing light show and Shining :3 he's pretty cool (despite the trolls)
im hoping next episode doesnt end up being with every guy encouraging Nanami for 20 minutes and leaves the last few minutes as the ending .__.;
Sep 19, 2011 10:32 PM

Feb 2010
They tried to show us some drama but they failed x_X
This episode was boring nothing really happened there.
Sep 20, 2011 5:58 AM

May 2010
Doesn't this seem...unnatural to anyone other than me i mean this series started great but now it is...going towards the wrong direction it isn't related with choosing anyone specifically but i think the story isn't going smoothly,it like they are making it go...
Sep 20, 2011 9:01 AM

Jul 2009
I'm so sick of the guys saying that they love her... songs! Just confess already, dammit!

Hiina said:
What was with all the drama, geez. Tokiya having his period or what? Overall, I liked the episode, but it's definitely not the best one so far.
[...]
Also, Shou's outfit wasn't really that fabulous. I hope he doesn't wear that again, certainly not at his debut. 'Cause he will scare away his fans if he does. :'D

This.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2011 7:19 PM
Sep 2010
The whole thing w/ the headmaster and the god of composers is probably "a challenge" from the headmaster because he knows Haruka is good enough... very cliche, but I'm not gonna lie I still love it! :)
Sep 22, 2011 2:50 AM

Jun 2008
nekonekogirl said:
I'm so sick of the guys saying that they love her... songs! Just confess already, dammit!

Damn right!

I knew he wouldn't confess right away, but I did had a tiny hope. After all, the anime did had this Tokiya x Haruka vibs. To be honest, I cheer for Ittoki more. <.<
Sep 22, 2011 5:53 AM

Jan 2010
I'm so tired of this show. At the beginning it was really cute and funny, but now... ugh it starts to become really boring. But there's only one episode left, and it makes me pretty sad
Sep 22, 2011 8:58 PM

Feb 2011
Darn them 大好き's! XD This is one series where 'canon' het doesn't bother me.

Tokiya showed a lot of emotion, huh? The other guys kind of annoyed me with the way they were putting Tokiya down, but if I put myself in their shoes, I can see where they're coming from, somewhat.

Aw, guess we don't get to see Shou's little brother before it's over.

Not sure about that ending, hmm.
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 23, 2011 12:10 AM

Nov 2007
Ren pisses me off. So much. But now I like Shou even more. Shou. <3
(I still call him that. Because in my language, if you read "Syo" out loud... it sounds like he was an idiot.)

Dorama, Dorama. That was this episode all about. Oh well.
Sep 24, 2011 7:08 AM

Sep 2007
Even though I've been a big fan of the series since the beginning this episode in particular left me with a sort of "it's missing something" feeling (good thing I held off on watching this last week so that I only need to wait a few hours for the last ep....)

tofei said:
Mimiko said:
IchigoParfait7 said:

I thought so too but we'll see on the last episode. I realized we haven't seen the black cat ever since he manifested himself as Cecil.
The shadow didn't look like Cecil's....

Plus it's the same in the game...once you see Cecil as a human you never see him in any of the routes again. ((minus his own route of course))....

I have a sneaking feeling we might see Kaoru in the audience for a brief second (assuming the last ep will show the debut concert)....but lol...yeah it's just a sneaking feeling.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 24, 2011 9:08 AM

Apr 2011
"I love.... your songs!"

I didn't appreciate your trolling, Tokiya.
Sep 24, 2011 4:14 PM

Feb 2009
Gosh... Getting your debut because of Tokiya. Some great way to become famous. XD Kinda suckish episode, too much drama and I didn't like the ending of the episode with the headmaster excluding Nanami when she's had succes with writing songs for the group. But meh, I guess they really needed another episode so let's go with the flow.

Btw some of Nanami's facial expressions were really ugly/creepy this episode. XDDD Or this is the first time that I noticed and got annoyed by it.
Sep 26, 2011 3:21 PM

Mar 2010
Sooo melodramatic! Throw him a tissue! LOL Still I like episode, I'm a little ashamed of myself xD

Everyone know how will it end
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Sep 30, 2011 6:39 PM

Apr 2011
Am I only the only one thinking that the drama part was a bit too stretched?

I hate the headmaster for replacing Haruka for 'God of composer' as the group's composer. Well screw that god! Haruka will beat that guy.
Oct 2, 2011 12:15 AM

Dec 2009
Magito said:
Am I only the only one thinking that the drama part was a bit too stretched?

I hate the headmaster for replacing Haruka for 'God of composer' as the group's composer. Well screw that god! Haruka will beat that guy.

Exactly my thoughts! :T

Anyways, also, yeah - everyone was pretty annoying for putting down Tokiya like that. But, I guess if I was in their shows I would feel a little betrayed, too.
Nov 7, 2011 11:09 AM

Jun 2009
… yeah, coincidence that Haruka met Tokiya and everyone lolololappeared outta nowhere by another route. Riiight.

WHY TOKIYA, WHY.

“Nanami-san, there’s something I’ve been wanting to tell since long ago…”
I see where this is going, I do. But, will he dare to…?

“…and that is that I am in love…”
HOLY COW, HE SAID IT. IMPOSSIBLE. OH YES. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT, BUT WHAT.

“… with your music.”
( ̄■ ̄;)!? … damn it all. (╬。_。)… щ(ಠДಠщ╬) I SHOULD’VE KNOWN IT.

CONFESS ALREADY IF YOU GONNA DO IT, OTHERWISE SHUT YOUR MOUTHS, GUYS. WHY YOU TROLLING ME WITH THIS.

MAN, SHINING, YOU’VE GOT MONEY OOZING OF EVERY PORE. How the hell an academy can have all sort of lighting that join and make a projection?! Not even that, but that same projection is on every freaking TV of the world.

He’s trolllin’ Haruka, y’know. She’s gonna write an miraculously amazing song, beat the random God of Composers and everything will end happily over a pretty rainbow~

Only episode left~ How much melodrama can you put in?
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Nov 19, 2011 12:45 AM

Oct 2010
That I love... the music you make. is so deja vu. Really. The moment Tokiya said I love I knew it was going to end the same as Ittoki's "confession". ;~;

The headmaster is such a troll. But cliche ending is probably coming up anyway.
[insert awesome signature here]
Feb 6, 2012 11:59 PM

Nov 2008
this is the second time haruka gets the "i love...your songs!" ROTFL
Feb 19, 2012 7:32 AM
Sep 2011
the headmaster is a douche bag!!! Seriously if she is not apart of the group what keeps them together?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Mar 4, 2012 6:08 PM

Oct 2009
And now the cat's out of the bag.. and the rest finally figure it out.. hmmm
Jun 30, 2012 2:36 PM

Dec 2011
The song in the last episode was really nice c: I'm glad their coming out with stuff besides the ED, and I'm also pretty glad that it won't be their debut song. I didn't see the "God of Composers" thing coming though. I wonder he has something to do with Ichinose's past and how he lost his way though.
The whole confrontation was very dramatic, in a good way. There was so much emotion in Ichinose's voice; Miyano Mamoru is really talented.
Oct 29, 2012 5:41 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly, I think she can write that song but lacks the resolve/confidence to do so right now. The finale episode will show if she can (hopefully).
Dec 24, 2012 8:44 PM

Apr 2007
wtf Shiny, just when I thought we were done with all this stupid DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA you have to start more =_=
Jan 4, 2013 9:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kundalini said:
Saotome speaks as if he's puking everywhere, all the time too.
Lmao. It makes me sick when he speaks for long periods of time. Gah!

I think the headmaster is hilarious, but he also gives me a huge headache whenever he talks too much =__=;

I also agree with the others that the drama was such a failure. It was kind of forced and the dialogue was just...I don't know how to explain, but I definitely wasn't feeling it.

Then the thing with Saotome just suddenly introducing a new idol project WITHOUT the people's consent. I mean sure they're all happy about it, but who does that? And pweesh, I could care less about Haruka not being the composer for the group, but we all obviously know that she's going to be the composer no matter what. Anyways, although the group isn't really professional yet, they should know that idols and artists don't get a choice about what songs they sing (unless they compose their own music) SO SUCK IT UP. Okay, that was harsh, but yeah, I am just biased against Haruka. Hopefully the next song she composes isn't like 1000% Love because I think that song is terrible. Something like the second song she composed for the group would be nice.
Jan 13, 2013 5:48 PM

Sep 2012
"I love... the music you make." Seriously?

Terrible drama.
Jan 18, 2013 1:32 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, please guys... It's not like Tokiya's been taking spa vacations and going on dates instead of coming to practice, he's been working himself sick trying to do both. That's not really as big of a breach of trust as they're all making it out to be. >>;

And then poof it all gets resolved. All that dramatic music and tense stares and woe is me accusations... and then they just let it go. "Yay, let's go practice!" >>; I would not want to be anywhere near that emotional roller coaster, thank you. *eyeroll*

It still seems to me that the writers are trying to bring across Haruka's desire to simply have the group together as friends for now. Sure she's really focused on Tokiya for now, but feel like if one of the others wound up with some problem, she'd focus on that guy more. She said it again, "I don't need anything else," in reference to just wanting to hear them all singing songs she wrote. And again with the, "I love... your music." Durr.

Headmaster... So bizarre. ^^ And apparently they didn't even need to graduate? Well, okay, it's his school. But cutting Haruka? Not cool, Shiny. Not cool. Wasn't it her song that made you green-light the group? ... oh, I see. This is her test. Got it.
rimedragonaJan 18, 2013 1:45 AM
Feb 11, 2013 11:01 PM
Aug 2011
You guys actually wanted the Headmaster NOT to cut her off? lol
I just wanted him to say "GTFO from my school Ms. Nanami and never show your creepy ass eyes around here again!"
Oct 28, 2013 9:18 AM

Jun 2011
sajpowell said:
The headmaster is so retarded.

Lmao not sure if serious.

hinanami said:
I see cliche ending coming....

As if this whole show is not cliche. Gotta cringe when watching.

That cool St☆rish group name, so glad that they're going to debut, but I hate how much focus they gave Nanami, even though I understand that the composer is the most important one, still.. It doesn't mean that I don't feel bad for her for getting left out. And, why the hell is she always feel like crying?

rimedragona said:
Oh, please guys... It's not like Tokiya's been taking spa vacations and going on dates instead of coming to practice, he's been working himself sick trying to do both. That's not really as big of a breach of trust as they're all making it out to be. >>;

Lol you're watching the show, of course you would know that he was working himself hard, but did they know? Nope. -.- Stop talking bad about others when you're only looking from your own POV.
parfaited said:
You guys actually wanted the Headmaster NOT to cut her off? lol
I just wanted him to say "GTFO from my school Ms. Nanami and never show your creepy ass eyes around here again!"

Lol IKR!

I sure hope that they won't be disheartened if the God of Composer made them a song, and they didn't sing it with all of their heart.. It would make me hate them a lot if so.. That's not pro at all. It would be like "If Nanami is not going to compose our song, we're not going to sing" stupidity
ToG25thBaamOct 28, 2013 9:24 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 16, 2013 11:00 PM
Jul 2013
The drama is so trivial, I cannot even begin to describe it...
Nov 25, 2013 5:02 PM

Jul 2012
Ah great. Another conflict. Prince Conflict. Ignore my silly puns.

Might drop to a 5 if this stupidity continues.

Aikurou said:

^
May 15, 2014 4:40 PM

Oct 2009
Almost like a soap opera. Almost.
Jun 25, 2014 2:42 AM

Apr 2010
Polyzri said:
Jul 8, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2009
xSimplicity said:
Idk I don't think the headmaster is really gonna replace her. He probably just wants to test her to see if she can write something better.

Ditto. It wouldn't make any sense for him to get rid of her all together. Especially since he basically went all moe over her song that they sung earlier.
Dramatic episode, went a little overboard but it's all good.

Aug 3, 2015 1:56 PM

May 2012
Not too shabby, let's see what the last episode will offer us!
Dec 4, 2015 12:36 AM

Jan 2014
lanachan said:
That I love... the music you make. is so deja vu. Really. The moment Tokiya said I love I knew it was going to end the same as Ittoki&#039;s "confession". ;~;

LOL. Indeed xD

I hope they'll have a fabulous performance for this season's finale~
Nov 26, 2016 8:02 PM

Mar 2015
If we are talking about God of composition in rl, its definitely Youko Kanno, ryo from supercell, ZAQ, Kenichi Maeyamada(Hyadain), Arika Takarano(ALI PROJECT), UNISON SQUARE GARDEN, Masumi Itou and many more. Anime Song is the best of the bestest among music industry imo. I doubt that Headmaster calls him "God of Composition" can surpass my listed composers....hm?

3/5
Jun 13, 2017 12:56 PM

Mar 2010
Lol cloche end coming your way where ofc she writes the perfect song for them all..

I rlly ship tokiya x haruka cause that was the pairing meant to be tho i think i find ittoki sweetest
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2011

78 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 20, 2011

86 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vanissa45 - Sep 24, 2011

137 by runa_niconi »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Sep 10, 2011

57 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 27, 2011

83 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.