Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2011 2:25 PM

Feb 2011
^it felt a bit rushed to me too and i never saw the VN >.>

they still havn't confirmed mayuri will not die, what if her death gets postponed only 1 day again? :3
that thing of the clock stopping when she is about to die hasn't be explained yet

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 30, 2011 2:27 PM

Jan 2010
I though the only left things for him to do is save Kurisu.
Now out of nowhere, Suzuha just call Okarin to stop the World War III ? What!? o_O
LOOOL? 2 episode left? ಠ_ಠ
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2011 2:33 PM

Sep 2008
OMFG! DO WANT 23! DO WANT 23!
Aug 30, 2011 2:34 PM

Aug 2009
Kurisu... Fuck, my heart broke when Okabe couldn't hear her full confession.
Aug 30, 2011 2:36 PM

Jan 2011
kiss was the best scene! kinda broke my heart seeing the part where she rushed in to to her feelings. whatever if it goes like the visual novel ima be the happiest person alive
this is my god damn signature.
Aug 30, 2011 2:43 PM
Aug 2011
Wow, bomshell episode. I found that I liked the kiss scene, it was well played IMO. I`m curious to find out how Okarin solves this whole WWIII issue and save Kurisu in 2 episodes!
Aug 30, 2011 2:48 PM

Oct 2008
At first I cried.
Then... I cried some more.
Then I smiled when they kissed.
Then I cried... even more.
And more...
And more...
I seriously lost it when Okabe went nuts after he couldn't hear Kurisus confession.

Then, at the silent end... WWIII. I WTF'D LIKE NEVER BEFORE.

This anime is a beast. One of the best I've ever seen. I never cried so fucking much in an Anime. Ever.
Aug 30, 2011 2:48 PM
Dec 2007
Motherfucking best episode of the year. That's what a time-travelling series should be alll about : causes and consequences.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 30, 2011 2:49 PM

Oct 2010
I am surprised no one posted this but Makise fan service in the spoiler
was nice. I bet the VN people never though it would get that hot. Well it did for me.

BTW is that a black bra?
webkid94 said:
World line went over 1%...Mayuri is safe..but then
YES! FINALLY! All is good!
webkid94 said:
Yeah Holy shit! WTF is going on? I am not familiar with this from the VN. Suzuha? Really? I though she was long gone.
Yumekichi11Aug 30, 2011 7:04 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 30, 2011 2:49 PM

Mar 2008
Well I think the whole WWIII and the Kurisu are two things in one.

First of all, episode blew me away! I had every emotion I could have, crying, happynes and wtf'ness... but it gave me a theory...

Kurisu was murdered by Suzuha. Why? Suzuha mentioned Kurisu was working with SERN in her time. Probably SERN recruited Kurisu after her presentation she gave in the first episode. Or shortly after that. The conclusion is, that Kurisu did the same thing. Helped making a time machine. But not for Okabe no, this time she helped SERN making it and they ruled the world after that with it.

To stop this Suzuha killed her in this timeline to prevent all of that happening. BUT, why does Suzuha call Okabe this time?

Probably cause the divergence timeline is a litte different than the previous one, and that the Suzuha of now remembers the Okabe of the previous one. Saying the whole story to him and wanting to kill Kurisu for it.

Luckily for us, Kurisu felt in love with Okabe and so probably when she sees him she falls in love with him again goes with him and live happily ever after :D. ..

Well last part is just hope, the other things I am sure is right.. or has a chance to be right. Tbf I hope it isn't right so it can mindblow me again xD.
Aug 30, 2011 2:57 PM

Jan 2009
YurikoRaine said:
At first I cried.
And more...
And more...
I seriously lost it when Okabe went nuts after he couldn't hear Kurisus confession.

D: that was exactly what i did ;_; i love this episode i really love KurisuXOkabe

i cant wait to see how they at least try to save Kurisu in the next episode, this is going to be a loooooooooong week ;_;
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Aug 30, 2011 3:07 PM

Oct 2010
Holy sh*t !!!

Awesome episode, just f*cking awesome.

This is by far one of the best anime of the year. This just got into my top 10.
I can't wait to see next week's episode.
"El Psy Congroo"
Aug 30, 2011 3:09 PM
Jan 2011
eNkel said:
Someone could spoiler me if Kurisu will possible return?

?
Aug 30, 2011 3:10 PM

Mar 2010
Can't wait. Color me excited.
Aug 30, 2011 3:12 PM

Aug 2010
Such an emotional ep, I cried inside...

AND I KNEW IT, THERE IS SOMETHING UP WITH SUZUHA'S FIRST COMING IN THE VERY FIRST EP!
Aug 30, 2011 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
LadyOrihime said:
In my perverted head, they slept together

i don't think that's perverted, i think is the right thing to do.
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Aug 30, 2011 3:18 PM

Feb 2011
The words "boss", "pimp", and "BAMF" don't even begin to describe Okabe.

This episode destroyed all support I had for any other pairing.
Aug 30, 2011 3:18 PM

Dec 2010
.....I am speechless.
Aug 30, 2011 3:19 PM
Jul 2010
spoilers below

Inb4 Suzu has some recollection from all the worlds, just like Kurisu, so instead of killing her (I'm supposing this is what happens since she calls okabe this time), she manages to remember those times with her, and realizes that killing her won't be necessary, so she calls okabe for a happy reunion :>
Aug 30, 2011 3:22 PM

Apr 2010
Kurisuuuu ;_;

Kurisu and Okabe's kiss made my night, but he NEEDS to find a way to save both her and Mayushii D:

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Aug 30, 2011 3:24 PM

Oct 2010

bakuramariks said:
DragonsWhip said:
W-wait, then who was Okabe's first kiss with?

Moeka. Poor guy.
*tries not to burst laughing*
I will instead stay with Mayuri although that will not happen but I still would prefer it to be Okabe x Mayuri.

Yeah the kiss was done like 2 times? IMO it looked more 4 times. They should have added things more spiced up but of course that would ruin things further.

I think they should have stopped at hug. They should have done this at the end after Okabe does something to obtain the true end thing. Right?
Sery said:
LadyOrihime said:
In my perverted head, they slept together
i don't think that's perverted, i think is the right thing to do.
Hence I remind that I wrote things getting spiced up, that is what I had in mind. To further enhance details:

-Okabe x Makise seen bed.

-Makise only in underwear and Okabe in boxers.

-Movement of having sex but only in shadows or the face of Makise/Okabe being in heat. Not showing any nudity nor too much.

Would that be satisfactory to people? I think it would be. IMO for with Mayuri just a pic with her and Okabe having family would have made me happy but that might not happen at all either sadly.

If you haven't noticed, now is time to speculate around a little as a start. 2 episodes is just so short to have fun around here and talk about this series before it really ends.
Yumekichi11Aug 30, 2011 3:29 PM

Aug 30, 2011 3:29 PM

Aug 2011
Does anyone know whats Kurisu says when Okabe has his back turned to pick up the soda? I'm guessing it's some obvious phrase if you understand Japanese to see it just by their lips moving.
Aug 30, 2011 3:30 PM

Nov 2009
Wait wut?
so Suzuha came back?? that means Christina should be ok?
NNNYYYAAA~ KAWAII~

Aug 30, 2011 3:31 PM

Oct 2008
OMFG, this was so epic, I cried the whole episode, and what a cliffhanger in the end.
Aug 30, 2011 3:32 PM
Jul 2009
pcturtle00 said:
Does anyone know whats Kurisu says when Okabe has his back turned to pick up the soda? I'm guessing it's some obvious phrase if you understand Japanese to see it just by their lips moving.

I believe she said good bye in Japanese.

dantesmaster said:
Wait wut?
so Suzuha came back?? that means Christina should be ok?

We're literally back to episode 1/2. Nothing happens except Kurisu's death(which might have changed). So everyone's back, etc.
Aug 30, 2011 3:36 PM

Jan 2010
WHAT THE FUCK.
Such a great episode I had goosebumps when Suzuha called, I was like Oh shit.
Aug 30, 2011 3:39 PM
Jul 2011
This is my first post here. There is a small hint about the whole WW3 thing in episode 3. It was around the time when Okabe sends a text to John Titor.
Aug 30, 2011 3:40 PM

Jun 2008
FUCK YEAH. i loved this ep. my fav so far. Kurisu forevahhhhhh!
Kurisu x Okarin FTW!kyaaaaaaaaaaa, im in love with this pairing. *.*
and next ep. Suzuha is back, looool.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 30, 2011 3:44 PM

Aug 2011
i friggin lovede this episode!! it had made me have soo many emotions in just one episodes... next episode will be epic, this episode was flawless IMO!
Aug 30, 2011 3:48 PM
Nov 2010
i just have bad feeling about the end, it connects too well with the first episode, i hope i am wrong, it looks like Suzuha will go back in time to kill Chris-tina to prevent the WW3, i am seeing this happaning, hope not :(
Aug 30, 2011 3:49 PM

Jun 2010
I HATE YOU OKABE! whatever.
Aug 30, 2011 3:54 PM

Aug 2011
mayuri is safe.. that fact pretty much got pushed out of the way by OMG NOO KURISU WHY WHY WHY!?

anyway i hated that part where she couldnt even say i love you back to okabe

and okabe's voice was so strained and almost in tears most of the episode :(

2 more episodes so.. wonder what happens now that mayuri is safe
Aug 30, 2011 3:56 PM
Sep 2009
After reading through all of the comments, I noticed a lot of crying going on. Understandable, but I have to ask...

... Am I the only one who actually applauded when Okabe and Kurisu kissed? I mean, BEST EPISODE EVER; it deserves applause~!
Aug 30, 2011 3:57 PM

Oct 2010
Llght said:
pcturtle00 said:

I believe she said good bye in Japanese.
I was trying to read her lips and IMO she said " I love you" this would be logical because she comes back to say it only to be interrupted again by the time warp start.

Aug 30, 2011 3:57 PM

Feb 2010
mind=blown

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Aug 30, 2011 3:58 PM
Jun 2009
daviris said:
i just have bad feeling about the end, it connects too well with the first episode, i hope i am wrong, it looks like Suzuha will go back in time to kill Chris-tina to prevent the WW3, i am seeing this happaning, hope not :(

I've read the visual novel and don't worry the ending won't disappoint you. =] stay tuned!
Aug 30, 2011 3:58 PM
Jun 2009
BL2W said:
After reading through all of the comments, I noticed a lot of crying going on. Understandable, but I have to ask...

... Am I the only one who actually applauded when Okabe and Kurisu kissed? I mean, BEST EPISODE EVER; it deserves applause~!

not gonna lie i cried manly tears ._.
Aug 30, 2011 4:02 PM

Oct 2010
BL2W said:
You can say it that way but I was just mesmerized precisely because it was well done indeed and intense to say the least.

My applaude goes to this,

we have finally went above the 1% and I was totally jumpy. I was screaming out in happiness. This fan is happy that Mayuri was saved and is OK. Looks like the God of Saturn is happy, being featured a little again in that calendar gave away enough hints on that one.

Like everyone says the thing with Suzuha could be a original ending where I see Okabe either going into the future to finish off SERN or do something to cut them out in the present like invading their HQ. It's possible the last 2 episodes may outdo the VN if the action is EPIC.

Watch out VN people, you may get impressed.

Aug 30, 2011 4:03 PM

Jan 2010
Will they start to remember again even though its a different world line?
Aug 30, 2011 4:04 PM

Oct 2010
rorinmaru said:
That depends on Okabe and his feeling sharing. In this episode it once again proved just like with Mayuri that the Reading Steiner may be shared if emotionally all is there as in the love Okabe has for Makise. Thus the memories may resurface.

I guess they really did troll us into Mayuri x Okabe being more like a sister/brother relation and Makise x Okabe being total serious love. Damn, that's too bad.

Aug 30, 2011 4:05 PM
Jun 2009
rorinmaru said:

yes
Aug 30, 2011 4:05 PM
Sep 2010
spohken said:
LOVED IT!

Oh god, that kiss reminded me a bit of Toradora.

Great way to end the episode with a little segway into the final conflict. Stopping WWIII? He's got this.

I had the exact same thought :P
Aug 30, 2011 4:07 PM
Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
BL2W said:
You can say it that way but I was just mesmerized precisely because it was well done indeed and intense to say the least.

My applaude goes to this,

we have finally went above the 1% and I was totally jumpy. I was screaming out in happiness. This fan is happy that Mayuri was saved and is OK. Looks like the God of Saturn is happy, being featured a little again in that calendar gave away enough hints on that one.

Like everyone says the thing with Suzuha could be a original ending where I see Okabe either going into the future to finish off SERN or do something to cut them out in the present like invading their HQ. It's possible the last 2 episodes may outdo the VN if the action is EPIC.

its most likely gonna be the "true ending" since there is 2 episodes left. they kinda rushed episode 22 but meh i'll take my true ending :D
Aug 30, 2011 4:07 PM
Oct 2010
Oh Shit...Stop World war III... what?
So basically, it's like we're at the beginning now, but if alpha future was controlled by SERN, then beta's...what? and if Suzuha came from the future...someone succeeded on making the time machine~

Geez what and emotional episode...I admit, I cried all along T_T there I said it.

YurikoRaine said:
At first I cried.
And more...
And more...

Then, at the silent end... WWIII. I WTF'D LIKE NEVER BEFORE.

Same here T_T

I don't even want to wonder about what's next...though I'm kind of lost regarding this world line and I would like to be a little less...my question is...could things have changed in beta from what it was originally supposed to be...? (I think I need to re-watch the beginning and I just started this anime last week ...wooot?!!!)

Ok, I'm really confused, so I'll just wait dying inside/re-watching episodes/punching walls to pass time/getting to the hospital with hand's bones broken/ inventing the time machine to go to the future and watch next episode (...normal stuff) patiently for the next episode...meanwhile I'll be like "omg omg omg omg omg ~inf." I seriously dislike my fanatical attacks...but damn this anime got me. For good.

Ok, what if...as Tuturuu~ (srsly I forgot her name...ah...Mayuri!) remembers her deaths from alpha world line...then, if the other characters do too...maybe something changed! I don't know .-. It would be cool if there was a gamma world line :B (nah...at this point it would be kind of lame :x) Also, why the hell steins thingy that allows Okabe to remember everything also passed to other characters...I have been thinking about that since Ferris-nyan reversed her D-mail...anyway, maybe it's just like Kurisu said "insert whatever she said that sounded really beautiful about existence and world lines(...)"

Aug 30, 2011 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

That's not going to happen, because it's confirmed that we will get the True Ending deom the VN.

and lol, people still thinks that this Suzuha is the alpha Suzuha.
People we have arrived in The Beta Worldline

She's not Alpha world line Suzuha

Rianri said:
Also, why the hell steins thingy that allows Okabe to remember everything also passed to other characters...I have been thinking about that since Ferris-nyan reversed her D-mail...anyway, maybe it's just like Kurisu said "insert whatever she said that sounded really beautiful about existence and world lines(...)"

It's been discussed that other character "remembering events" is not a Reading Steiner. because they basically have 2 parallel memories, while Okabe who has the reading Steiner only has one continuous memory. Basically they're experiencing some sort of De javu.
kaimaxAug 30, 2011 4:11 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 30, 2011 4:08 PM

Nov 2009
adonnTime said:
There is a small hint about the whole WW3 thing in episode 3. It was around the time when Okabe sends a text to John Titor.

Now that you mention it... I completely forgot. It's the first sentence.

Yumekichi11 said:

-Okabe x Makise seen bed.

-Makise only in underwear and Okabe in boxers.

-Movement of having sex but only in shadows or the face of Makise/Okabe being in heat. Not showing any nudity nor too much.

Oh god, you caused me thousands of nosebleeds xD.
Aug 30, 2011 4:13 PM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
Yumekichi11 said:

That's not going to happen, because it's confirmed that we will get the True Ending deom the VN.
Confirmed but not impossible to change a few things in it to make it more EPIC like putting in action and stuff. That makes whether True Ending into an Original Ending. Perhaps it may be so to some.

Aug 30, 2011 4:14 PM

Jul 2009
One of the most memorable kisses of the season.

Pure speculation, but I'm guessing the next set of events will occur similar to The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (if anyone has seen it). Okabe has to send Suzuha to kill Kurisu in order to set into motion the events of episode 1.

On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 30, 2011 4:15 PM

Sep 2010
I always wondered about that. Whether the people in other world lines go on living or if the universe literally revolves around Okabe and the only world lines that "exist" are the ones he's currently in.
I hope this stopping of WWIII in the last 2 episodes doesn't fuck anything up.
Aug 30, 2011 4:21 PM
Oct 2010
kaimax said:

Rianri said:
Also, why the hell steins thingy that allows Okabe to remember everything also passed to other characters...I have been thinking about that since Ferris-nyan reversed her D-mail...anyway, maybe it's just like Kurisu said "insert whatever she said that sounded really beautiful about existence and world lines(...)"

It's been discussed that other character "remembering events" is not a Reading Steiner. because they basically have 2 parallel memories, while Okabe who has the reading Steiner only has one continuous memory. Basically they're experiencing some sort of De javu.

Oh got it. But it certainly comes from some kind of influence from Okabe...

Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.