Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 3, 2011 6:58 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New OP and ED!! New OP is a lot better than 1st OP!! New ED was ok.

Field trip time! Ohana's tone deaf! Yuina already have a fiance, but she hides about not wanting to do yokan job by being happy.
tsubasaloverJul 3, 2011 7:21 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 3, 2011 7:08 AM

Jul 2010
new op was 4/5, ed was 4/5

by the way, the new op was song by noto & yuina-hime & ohana....

this epsode was.....4/5 (6.5/10)
Jul 3, 2011 7:16 AM

Nov 2009
Kou-chan appear in OP! YES!~he will return!
Jul 3, 2011 8:09 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, those part time girls were mean-muggin' when Yosuke was talking to Yuina.

Ashikabi said:

Yeah, I was thinking about that too but

Just a way to play with our hearts, I guess.
Jul 3, 2011 8:39 AM

May 2011
loving the new op and ed! the story is just getting interesting. yuina having a fiancée. who would've known? my yuri senses tingled when yuina and ohana were on that futon snuggling. XD
Jul 3, 2011 8:43 AM

Jun 2010
Ashikabi said:

yeah he does, but he didnt look really happy there? And Ohana who is envious of Yuina must´ve realized that Yuina is not happy with the "future" set up for her... I liked the moment when Yuina was snuggling Ohana on the futon too xD she´s so cute... but I think she´s a type of character who can turn... yandere?
Jul 3, 2011 8:50 AM

Nov 2009
fckyeahanimes said:
Ashikabi said:

yeah he does, but he didnt look really happy there? And Ohana who is envious of Yuina must´ve realized that Yuina is not happy with the "future" set up for her... I liked the moment when Yuina was snuggling Ohana on the futon too xD she´s so cute... but I think she´s a type of character who can turn... yandere?

I think it's more like he's waiting for Ohana to arrive on the train
Jul 3, 2011 8:55 AM
Jun 2011
Another great episode and also too cute at the same time especially with the snuggling part, too adorable!!
Jul 3, 2011 8:56 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't enjoyed the OP because all I wanted to see was Kou's scene! Well, now I know it's not over yet, I can enjoy it next time! XD
Jul 3, 2011 9:13 AM

Feb 2010
Aww, double summer trip episode. I wanna see Tohru! >.<

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jul 3, 2011 9:18 AM

Oct 2010
loved the new OP, the ending was ok though =/

and the episode was great! I knew that those girls wanted to quit..... i don't know, but i feel sorry forYosuke
Jul 3, 2011 9:22 AM

Apr 2010
That head clerk really still has allot to learn about how he should treat his staff and it's no surprise that they weren't listening to him and decided to quit.
There aren't many people that would stay at a job where they are treated like that.
He really came over like a jerk and when they put him in his place he needed to be stopped by Ohana else who knows what would have happened.
It really came as no surprise that they quit.

Ohana was pretty funny this episode still thinking that she should do her job and all.
I wonder if she learned something, she definitely knows now how to not treat your staff.
Jul 3, 2011 9:29 AM
Apr 2011
I like the new opening, the new ending was alright though.

That head clerk really was an ass hole though. I hope he fixes himself in the next episode.
Jul 3, 2011 9:46 AM
Oct 2008
The beginning of the new ED (autumn trees) is very beautiful!
Jul 3, 2011 9:49 AM

Sep 2009
New OP is the same for me. As for ED: I like video more but first song was better.

As for the ep... good start of the new arc. Let's see what will happen.

BTW, then BD's come out?
Jul 3, 2011 9:51 AM

Oct 2010
New OP and ED! More later.
zimno said:
Ohana's ass! :D

Though of sharing stitches I found around the net in the spoiler(NSFW)
this of course includes Minko's full swimsuit segment.
Yumekichi11Jul 4, 2011 8:16 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 3, 2011 10:04 AM

Jul 2010
Yuina is the star of this show. she need more and more screen time.
Jul 3, 2011 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
I found Minchi's reaction to Yousuke really funny because Yousuke reminded me of Tohru xD

I guess this episode was mostly to learn more about Yuina. Seems like she's not very happy with the future planned out for her. Maybe she'll call off the engagement?

Episode needed more Nako. Kappa Nako ftw <3

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 3, 2011 10:39 AM
Apr 2011
Everyone like Yuina :D
Great episode and also new Opening and Ending yay n-n
Jul 3, 2011 11:05 AM

May 2009
5/5 + nice ending :)
Jul 3, 2011 11:10 AM

May 2010
Ah.. Field trips ~~
/dreaming

Anyway, great episode. So this is now focused on Yuina to "bloom" in her age.

The head clerk has still a long-way to go. My yuri-senses suddenly rang when Yuina hugged Ohana. lol

New OP seems better than the previous. ED was ok but the autumn leaves were so refreshing to the eyes. =)
Jul 3, 2011 11:15 AM

Aug 2010
Rayyy said:
loving the new op and ed! the story is just getting interesting. yuina having a fiancée. who would've known? my yuri senses tingled when yuina and ohana were on that futon snuggling. XD

yeah i had my yuri goggles on when that happened xD.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jul 3, 2011 11:26 AM

Jun 2010
Ashikabi said:
fckyeahanimes said:
Ashikabi said:

I think it's more like he's waiting for Ohana to arrive on the train

he looks really unhappy to me... but I would be happy if they would end up together... eventhough I wouldnt mind seeing an ending with Ohana x Tohru too
MsBrightsideJul 3, 2011 11:30 AM
Jul 3, 2011 11:32 AM

Sep 2009
The new op and ed weren't bad, the ed was nice and laidback but it still was pretty plain.

I liked how Ko was still in the op though, and it looked like Ohana might've been returning to Tokyo at the end.
Jul 3, 2011 11:35 AM

May 2011
As someone who was assistant manager for awhile at a pizza place. It's brutal. As much as i was never as hard on subordinates as this Yousuke guy seemed to be. When you hire part timers, expect shit attitude and walk offs.

You always are under the suspicion you'll be doing their work when they disappear or run for the cell phone.

It's obvious they wanted to throw Yousuke under the bus as they bailed. Most walk offs don't bother explaining their decision. In typical fashion they exaggerate his faults and hide their own.

Yuina's choice of a time to answer didn't seem appropriate either. It's almost like she wanted to break his spirit at that moment. I guess it might illustrate that she doesn't care that much about him anyways, so giving her answer there would make it more absolute. It also makes her point about her lack of desire to be a waitress/manager completely understood.

The beach scene was nice. Also, it was kind of funny what they did to Minchi. She's such a party pooper at times. She needed to be tossed in the ocean.

Ohana being gung ho as usual. That aspect does seem to be getting a bit worn out.

Nako in the ocean with the red goggles was funny. That girl loves to swim.
CirrisJul 3, 2011 11:40 AM
Jul 3, 2011 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
Merue said:
I wanna see Tohru! >.<

Me 2... >.<

4/5
Jul 3, 2011 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
Ashikabi said:

And I love this so much. I absolutely love him and his kindness :)
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Jul 3, 2011 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
New OP and ED! More later.
zimno said:
Ohana's ass! :D

Lol! Its all about Minchi's ass!
Jul 3, 2011 12:49 PM
Aug 2010
love the new op and ed episode was great !
Jul 3, 2011 1:09 PM

Oct 2010
You guys do realize this is the most ecchi of this series episode. Right?

About the ecchi, I figured I would point out the amount of it. Now many of you know that things just seem to fly by in anime but I tend to pause that and catch some rather ecchi parts of each character. Goes back to having a knack for details.

• Yuina was rather nicely shown in her swimsuit in the spoiler
    that ass and appearance. The frills may have been good on her swimsuit but it did not stand out, it was more her physique.

• Minko got way more fan service in the spoiler
    even some with Ohana but not so much. You can run pretty much the imagination wild with some parts of Minko being shown in that spoiler. Pretty wild, I got some libido going around like those boys here.

• Although we all know Ohana's ass through Zinmo's comment was shown and that top of her swimsuit but was your body prepared for a Yuina x Ohana in the spoiler
    well certainly it got me by surprise.
    Especially seeing Ohana's leg up in the air and the way Minko stared.

• Despite all that there is nothing and I mean nothing ever that impressed in the fan service than that of Ohana in the spoiler
    a good look at Ohana's behind, legs/breast (even thou covered in soap but who knows about the Bds/DVDs) and hand/feet is a amazing threat. Especially doing this GIF right here it was.
So all in all the fan service was over the top more than before.

About the OP2, there are some rather interesting that I would like to point that some people have been talking about.

• There is interesting new shot of Ohana jumping out of the train in the spoiler
    it's rather interesting because it's different in variation. There is also Ohana running from the bird and I do admit that Yuina's smile here was quite enchanting to say the least

• Really interesting to see Tomoe do karaoke in the spoiler
    mainly because she has such a passion for it with those tears and enthusiasm being shown while she sings. Poor Minko being shown to work hard here while Ren and Tohru are seriously observing the quality of the food. It says a lot that Ren/Tohru may be stepping up their intuition in picking better foods while Minko will be working harder.

• I so want to know like now what's up with the Sui and the tomb in the spoiler
    her husband? Her mother? One thing for sure there is a lot of sadness in her at that part.

While I am interested in Satsuki staring at the Tokyo view through the window and thinking

• There seems to be a rush display in the spoiler
    from Ohana rushing in the school to get out to Tomoe rushing in the kitchen to Ohana chasing after her friend while in work clothing and them are in school clothing. Does it mean Ohana may quit school to work? Can it mean she is having a hard time to catch up to her friends in school matters/fun in life? I mean there was a lot in this episode about that.

• Now the big thing of Kou everyone is talking about. Well according to the spoiler
    he is in Tokyo and does look worried but I would not say sad. While that train passes I am thinking they showed Ohana thinking and smiling afterwords. This could mean a thoughtful happy resolution between her and Kou but he may not be satisfied with it. I am not sure it shows this happen after Ohana does what she has to with Kou when the time comes or before she goes back to Tokyo to settle things with Kou. No matter what I will rage for no Ohana x Kou. I had bad vibes of marriage of Ohana x Kou since Yuina x Yosuke may go down in waters.

• I find this OP shows a much better and excellent in the group depiction in the spoiler
    that was rather nice.

About ED2,
  • It has a rather very nice group pose of everyone in the fall that has a much better view in the spoiler
    not to mention a good depiction of Minko's hair running in the wind and one of Yuina's/Nako's hair running in the wind. So it's really much more nice and simpler. It seems to suggest that the series may finish in the fall, which sounds good because it should end around that time in September. Right?

About preview, oh my! There shall be some Yuina licking a ice cream for some fan service? More Minko fan service. Uh oh looks like a fan service push again. Yuina will be interesting to see here as to what exactly she is doing and Yosuke's reaction since he is there.

Jul 3, 2011 1:10 PM

Sep 2008
Not a single Mamiko Noto in a bikini; fuck this episode.

When what you want to do is what you have to do, you can hear the voice of the world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2011 1:15 PM

May 2010
and we have... beach episode xD

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jul 3, 2011 1:16 PM

Dec 2010
Thankfully it didn't became the fanservice fest it seemed like in the preview. Apart from a bit warming up between the girls nothing substancial happend though. Yet more time wasted on another uninteresting guy that's basically Tohru with different hair. They didn't even refer to the similarites in some way, so it felt just like reused material.

At this point I think the show's pacing is too slow for the amount of characters it got, so they remain shallow for the most part.
Jul 3, 2011 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
I'm pretty meh about Yuina.
Jul 3, 2011 1:59 PM

Aug 2010
dizzyS said:
Ashikabi said:

And I love this so much. I absolutely love him and his kindness :)

Yeah but i think they are trolling us :l

I like the new OP it was nice, the ending though i prefer the old one

And i think i was pretty obvious that Yuina didn't really want any to do with the inn since way back...
Jul 3, 2011 1:59 PM

Oct 2010
This show keeps getting better and better
besides the op and ed "(
Jul 3, 2011 2:02 PM

Apr 2010
I lol'd at the kappa.

At first I thought the opening was going to be a "continuation" from the first one, since they are getting off the train in the beginning that they had took at the end of the first OP, however as i rewatched there's no connection between them. Would have been cool lol

I liked the previous ending better.

kch33 said:
and we have... beach episode xD

Yeah it's compulsory for every series to have :p
Jul 3, 2011 2:23 PM

Aug 2008
Preferred old OP and ED.

Yuina is a strange girl, I can't seem to understand her. Her fiance is a jerk, imo. The part timers were right in that he spends time talking to Yuina while being rough on them for slacking off. Nonetheless, the part timers looked like assholes as well, with no intention of working hard or taking work seriously. Oh well, this is what happens when douchebags meet douchebags. Yuina was surprisingly harsh at the end. That was the crappiest timing to reject Yousuke.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 3, 2011 2:48 PM

Oct 2010
Well in regards to the ED I agree with both of you that the old is better but IMO it stands as in terms of music. In other words old ED music is better. Visually this one has a better simple approach.
Yumekichi11Jul 3, 2011 2:54 PM

Jul 3, 2011 2:50 PM

Sep 2009
fckyeahanimes said:
he looks really unhappy to me... but I would be happy if they would end up together
Doesn't he always look unhappy? He is the type of character who would be very affected by unrequited love and Ohana being his best friend makes it worse. He has nobody to share his feelings with and keeping everything inside must be hard. And Ohana-hime is being a complete bitch to him so ya, he is and will remain depressed for a while.
And I don't want them to be together. Ohana doesn't like Ko it seems, so, they should end up being single .

Where is my half naked Tohru??~ hidoi des! *pouts*

Great new OP & ED actually. The episode was nothing spectacular and indeed Yuina's rejection was a bit harsh but only because she did that in front of everybody.
Jul 3, 2011 3:34 PM
Dec 2007
The new OP is very close to the first one (same direction, same band), thus fantastic, and the new ED is probably better than the first. Other than that, I really liked how Yuina was developped in this episode, she's a very good character, and the setting - a modern resort by the ocean - is quite interesting for the Kissuiso girls. We also had a small management lesson, so everything was cool in Hanasaku Iroha this week/

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 3, 2011 3:48 PM

Oct 2010
Jacut said:
the setting - a modern resort by the ocean - is quite interesting for the Kissuiso girls.
Yes that is a good point because I found it astonishing as a setting in the spoiler
looking at it, there is quality to be deemed there.

Jul 3, 2011 3:59 PM

May 2010
Amaya-no-Hime said:

Episode needed more Nako. Kappa Nako ftw <3

~Nyaaa~

Jul 3, 2011 4:04 PM
May 2011
Yet another episode that needed more Nako. Given that it was a particularly fanservice-y episode, Nako's exclusion is all the more glaring.

Yuina is an interesting character, and if she is getting her own arc, it will be interesting to follow. This was only a so-so episode for me, but it begins a new plot line that could be promising enough.

The part-time girls were a little pig disgusting, but so was the treatment they received.

Still hoping for more screen-time to flesh out and showcase Nakochi.
Jul 3, 2011 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, fanservice, somewhat for those who like girls in swimsuits and stuff //shot

anywho, ok episode, talked more about Yuina's future and stuff e3e
lol Nakochi going into the water swimming xD
kappa~
new op is ok, and so is the ed c:
Jul 3, 2011 4:27 PM

Feb 2008
wow she can be quite cruel when she wants to be. but what she said was pretty much right on the mark. the timing was a bit...unfortunate. that dude needed to be knocked down a few pegs too.
Jul 3, 2011 4:31 PM

Jul 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:

Request heeded & granted ~

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 3, 2011 4:35 PM

Feb 2011
Lots of bad news thrown at that head clerk guy at the end there, wont be surprised if he loses it and does something drastic.

Jul 3, 2011 4:36 PM

Jul 2010
While I admit the way he treated the part-timers was bad, I was happy to see he told them to turn off their cell phones while on the job. There's nothing I hate more than people taking personal calls during work hours.

For a fanservice episode this wasn't so bad. The only part that was over the top was Ohana showering. Minko getting forced into the water was hilarious, but if that were me I'd be mad they soaked my hoodie. XD

Dang it, now I really want to go to the beach. It doesn't help that it's painfully hot out today, either.

BitchMaster said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Request heeded & granted ~
So gross! o.O
Jul 3, 2011 4:49 PM

Aug 2010
Being that head clerk must suck.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.