Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2011 8:10 PM
May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really think they are going to extend this arc by so much at the pace they are going at. Last week they only took 1 chapter to make that episode and the week before that they took 1 chapter; the Filler parts do go along with the arc so that's good.

Anyway I really liked this episode. I loved the pacing like I said, The comedy was done really great ( I lol'ed a couple of times =P ) I loved Coco she was one of top favorites "bad guys" (note the quotations) as for Erza Knightwalker --> so beautiful.
ban1o.jpg
May 20, 2011 8:31 PM

Sep 2009
I thought that this episode was pretty good. o u o The beginning was a little slow but I guess that all this was necessary for them to introduce Edolas to us. Derp. I wonder why Lucy wasn't sucked into the lacrima along with everyone else. I think it makes sense that she can use her magic though, more or less. Since hers is kinda like Edolas magic in the sense that it's not an ability of hers but actually keys that anyone can use. Eh, I dunno, food for thought. xD
May 20, 2011 8:34 PM

Jul 2010
Lucy!! finally some real magic again.
May 20, 2011 9:09 PM

Mar 2011
1. Did I miss something, or has pretty much nothing said about "Exceeds"?
2. Great Episode, gotta agree tho..was pretty slow to start
3. At least we got some more introductions, eh?
4. xxSaspra, but doesn't her ability to call upon the gates based on her own magic? Then again, Loke did stay in the world that way time based upon is own magic...Soo, **Shrugs**
--Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis--
May 20, 2011 9:31 PM

Mar 2011
LOL at Gajeel being a writer. Can't wait to for the next episode to see what thats all about. With Naruto being disappointing as of late, I can always trust Fairy Tail to deliver.
May 20, 2011 9:45 PM

May 2009
Chills are being sent down my spine.
Tch...Was hoping Natsu would eat that fire and fight them.
Seems like Scary Lucy is a masochist.
iiSatouMay 20, 2011 11:30 PM
May 20, 2011 9:58 PM

Feb 2010
Next week looks like we get Edolas Gajeel and Natsu, I'm excited. Since Lucy can still use her keys in Edolas, it seems like she actually has a chance at being a formidable fighter in this arc.

I'm loving the hell out of this arc so far. The weekly waits might get to me soon and force me into reading the manga.
May 20, 2011 9:58 PM

Oct 2010
Kuwai Lucy is great
May 20, 2011 10:05 PM

Oct 2008
The pacing...grrrrr...
I prefer the manga.
May 20, 2011 10:14 PM

Jul 2010
one lucy is never enough XD
May 20, 2011 11:18 PM

Dec 2008
If I recall correctly, Edo!Gajeel was never shown in the manga...right?
*___* I can never get enough of my Knightwalker <3
May 20, 2011 11:46 PM

Aug 2010
sarroush said:

Can't remember that either..

SEE?! Even edolas Lucy has feelings for natsu.. They just make the perfect couple..
Gtfo Lisanna, Natsu x Lucy FTW :D
May 21, 2011 12:32 AM

Feb 2008
Great episode!!

Isn't that like Lucy got some special magic, lol even thought she used keys, she need to used her own magic to be able to summon.

Or keys is items to summon.

Well I don't get it.

Going to read manga

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 21, 2011 1:04 AM

Dec 2009
sarroush said:

Yup! I also didn't see Edolas Gajeel in the manga too. I'm quite curious to know the personality of the Edolas Gajeel.
NelieiMay 21, 2011 12:44 PM

May 21, 2011 1:32 AM

Jan 2009
Scary Lucy is epic xD
and they ended this episode in awesome moent :D
And Edo Gajeel wasnt in manga O_o
and Finally in next ep we will see more of Natsu Edolas *_*
May 21, 2011 2:09 AM

Aug 2010
Lucy meets Lucy...oh this is going to be hilarious
But why can she use magic?
The keys are weapons possibly?
Wendy with a gun...makes me get excited!
This episode was great! 5/5!
Currently obsessed with:
One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Your Lie in April.
May 21, 2011 2:55 AM

Feb 2010
scary lucy = win
May 21, 2011 3:23 AM

May 2010
What chapter in the manga is after this episode !?
May 21, 2011 5:47 AM

Oct 2009
Edolas Lucy wears too much cloths...
May 21, 2011 5:50 AM

Oct 2008
Ralem said:

They censored it from the manga. Edoras Lucy in the manga has nice revealing clothes ;)
May 21, 2011 6:47 AM

Feb 2008
shadowsword said:
Ralem said:
They censored it from the manga. Edoras Lucy in the manga has nice revealing clothes ;)
While it is certainly possible it's censoring, I think they may have done it to add to the contrast between Lucy and Scary Lucy. Lucy never wears a whole lot of clothes so it'd make sense for Scary Lucy to wear a lot of clothes. Just look at how they portray Erza and Juvia and even Cana in that way. From the preview, it even looks like Lucy will be wearing even less clothes in the next episode so... (or was that Scary Lucy ^^)

I thought this was a great episode. I haven't read the manga so I didn't notice any slow pacing, I thought they did a good job and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
May 21, 2011 7:01 AM

Jun 2009
earthland lucy is the best! hahaha..
May 21, 2011 7:06 AM

Nov 2010
Great episode, but still... IT'S NOT ENOUGH XD I want more :D

Btw, if magic is locked inside bodies of Earthland mages, it does have sense that That Lucy can use her Celestial magic since she doesn't consume nothing-connected-with-magic from Edolas. But still, why can't Natsu and Wendy use Dragon Slayer abilities and why can't Happy and Charle use Aera...
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
May 21, 2011 7:38 AM

Sep 2009
Aurioch said:
Great episode, but still... IT'S NOT ENOUGH XD I want more :D

Btw, if magic is locked inside bodies of Earthland mages, it does have sense that That Lucy can use her Celestial magic since she doesn't consume nothing-connected-with-magic from Edolas. But still, why can't Natsu and Wendy use Dragon Slayer abilities and why can't Happy and Charle use Aera...
This. Can't wait to watch next eps!
May 21, 2011 7:44 AM

Feb 2010
I just spoiled myself by looking through chapters in the manga, so I kinda get what's happening. :'D

And lol @ the Edolas version of that salesman :'D

Also, Natsu x Lucy ftwwwwww. <3
EllaMila1May 21, 2011 8:16 AM
May 21, 2011 8:03 AM

Sep 2009
rasumii said:
The keys are weapons possibly?
That is my guess too.

Natsu's reaction to Lucy's power was a bit too dramatic.
It is just too easy to ship Natsu and Lucy together~ do like the couple <3
Cannot wait to see Gajeel with the Edo Gajeel XD
Even if the episode did not reveal anything about Exceed or Edo; it still was entertaining :3
May 21, 2011 9:00 AM

Apr 2010
Paiguy said:
Next week looks like we get Edolas Gajeel and Natsu, I'm excited. Since Lucy can still use her keys in Edolas, it seems like she actually has a chance at being a formidable fighter in this arc.

I'm loving the hell out of this arc so far. The weekly waits might get to me soon and force me into reading the manga.

My thoughts exactly. there's nothing left for me to say now T^T. Let's see: scary-Lucy has a crush on Natsu, Lucy can use magic, definitely giving her an upperhand. She'll probably be considered strong now ;P. Edolas Natsu, absolutely cannot WAIT! Lucy-Lucy interaction, Gajeel-Gajeel interaction and probably a Natsu-Natsu interaction! I'm gonna break and read the manga, i know i am! (and we're in the middle of exams too T__T)
May 21, 2011 9:16 AM

Jun 2010
kuwai lucy is kawai :DD
great ep!...love to see it get many 5/5 votes
May 21, 2011 10:11 AM

Feb 2009
Oh how I love the speculations here xD.
I see we're slowing down a bit in the pacing. No wonder, the anime is so close to the manga. Though I like the expanding of Gajeel's role here. Gives him more purpose for later. And that was some good foreshadowing there at the start about a certain character.
Scary Lucy is tsundere it seems. Like it.
May 21, 2011 10:59 AM

Oct 2008
I completely forgot how similiar the whole concept of amount of magic between Earthland and Edolas is very similar to the two worlds concept in Tales of Symphonia. In this case, Earthland is kinda like Tethe' Alla and Edolas is like Sylvarant.

Ralem said:

I'm going to right now make an opinion about a fictional character that I don't usually hard because I don't normally bother internalizing fiction. But I personally think Edolas Lucy is muuuuch... F***ING sexier wearing spandex (at least I think she's wearing spandex or maybe their leggings) than her outfit in the manga, censorship or not. And it's not a matter of is censorship worth justifying or not. That's not my point. I merely think edolas Lucy is sexier the way she is in the anime.

There's just something about girls in general, fictional or not, who wear tight spandex that I can't help but find hot. To me, it's like girls could easily just show their bare, smooth thighs, but with spandex or any kind of tight pants, it's like they're resticting me from seeing bare leg but not so much since the leggings easily reveal the shape of the legs themselves. It's hard to explain it, but that's how I honestly feel about it. Besides, Edola Lucy in the anime also seems more combat-prepared than Earthland Lucy would ever be, considering all of her outfits are more perky and girly.
May 21, 2011 11:33 AM

Apr 2010
This is getting interesting i wonder how this will turn out.
Lucy running into Lucy is already interesting but Erza meeting Erza should be truly amazing just imagine the possibilities of them meeting.
I also wonder what the Gajeel of this world will look like.
May 21, 2011 11:38 AM

Feb 2011
was a good episode I liked the pacing and there wAs some good comedy parts. I think the guys who escaped can still use their magic since when gajeel looked like he was made of steel when they punched him you know

Overall great episoDe with naruto and bleach not as good right now with fillers and that stupid bitch fairy tail knows how to deliver
May 21, 2011 11:41 AM

Jan 2010
WATASHI?! Lucy - Lucy XD
- I'm going to rescue my friends! - Natsu said seriously. And everyone - ZONK. XD
Denerwować się to mścić się na własnym zdrowiu za głupotę innych.
May 21, 2011 5:03 PM

May 2007
Paiguy said:

I am almost giving in to doing that to.
May 21, 2011 5:35 PM

Apr 2011
Ahah love Gajeel.xD
May 21, 2011 6:42 PM

Apr 2009
Decent episode, felt like more set up with fewer laughs. I am very interested to see Edolas Gajeel and Natsu as well as any reason that's thrown out why Lucy is up and about when it seemed like only the dragonslayers and the cats were free.
May 21, 2011 7:13 PM

Feb 2011
I liked this episode. It makes sence that Lucy can use magic since its sort of like the key magic is from a different dimension. I'm really curious to what is going to happen, getting interesting.
May 22, 2011 10:02 AM

Mar 2008
Emiko_Chan said:

SEE?! Even edolas Lucy has feelings for natsu.. They just make the perfect couple..
Gtfo Lisanna, Natsu x Lucy FTW :D

Natsu x Wendy ftw! XD
May 22, 2011 2:22 PM

May 2009
Wow, Lucy is beast!!!
May 22, 2011 11:19 PM

Oct 2008
Episode went by so fast. XD
May 23, 2011 12:08 AM

Feb 2011
Kuwai Lucy meets Kawai Lucy^^
Sorry For my Bad English ^_^
May 23, 2011 1:10 AM

Mar 2009
Cool ep, Earthland Lucy is gonna be OP in Edolas.
May 23, 2011 1:32 AM

Apr 2011
No!! Edo-Wendy, come baaaaaaack~!!
Satisfaction is the death of desire.
May 23, 2011 3:19 AM

Jan 2011
Really great episode. Edolas Lucy is such a hottie, too bad she gets a haircut in the next episode. D:
And lmao @ Gajeel being a writer. Good to see Panther Lily, can't wait to see him in action.
May 23, 2011 8:34 AM
May 2009
Aversa said:
This is getting interesting i wonder how this will turn out.
Lucy running into Lucy is already interesting but Erza meeting Erza should be truly amazing just imagine the possibilities of them meeting.
I also wonder what the Gajeel of this world will look like.

I've read the manga and yes it's gonna be amazing, look forward to it ;)

Didn't anybody of you watch the preview???? there you can see edolas gajeel and he is super uncool with his curled fluffy hair ~.~
May 23, 2011 10:07 AM

Jun 2010
xxSaspra said:
I thought that this episode was pretty good. o u o The beginning was a little slow but I guess that all this was necessary for them to introduce Edolas to us. Derp. I wonder why Lucy wasn't sucked into the lacrima along with everyone else. I think it makes sense that she can use her magic though, more or less. Since hers is kinda like Edolas magic in the sense that it's not an ability of hers but actually keys that anyone can use. Eh, I dunno, food for thought. xD
or perhaps it's because the magic comes from the spirit world and not from edolas ?
May 23, 2011 10:23 AM

Jan 2011
It seems that next week we'll see Edolas Gajeel. Pretty interesting, since he didn't have an Edolas counterpart in the manga, and this aspect was never explained.
May 23, 2011 1:42 PM

Feb 2008
clickninja said:
xxSaspra said:
or perhaps it's because the magic comes from the spirit world and not from edolas ?
I thought she actually needed some magical power to summon spirits, i.e. she can't summon all the spirits at once without draining her magical power or something (see some previous arc). But who knows, maybe she's got enough magical power stored up to summon as many spirits as she needs while they stay in Edolas.

Either way, looking forward to seeing her kick some ass, she's due for taking a level in badass.
May 23, 2011 2:28 PM

Oct 2009
Slow pace...

Stupid lucy censor >.>
May 23, 2011 7:12 PM

Apr 2009
2 Lucy's is always a good thing. Great episode
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

103 by aod-kun »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

186 by aod-kun »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - May 31, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 24, 2010

103 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 153 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

101 by LightNoragami1 »»
10 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.