Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 16, 2011 12:57 PM

Jan 2010
akihikosama said:
Finally Danzo dies. I respect that he tried to do whats best for Konoha and Ninja World as a whole, but his methods are inexcusable. He let his thirst for power get to his head. He sent so many to their deaths, but in the end he ran scared of dying. Very fitting end for Danzo imo.

In the manga Danzo didn't run. Madara appeared before him right after he was stabbed. Anime ruining his reputation. Dude owned.

http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-481-page-10.html
May 16, 2011 3:35 PM
May 2011
VitaX said:
akihikosama said:
Finally Danzo dies. I respect that he tried to do whats best for Konoha and Ninja World as a whole, but his methods are inexcusable. He let his thirst for power get to his head. He sent so many to their deaths, but in the end he ran scared of dying. Very fitting end for Danzo imo.

In the manga Danzo didn't run. Madara appeared before him right after he was stabbed. Anime ruining his reputation. Dude owned.

I agree. Danzou wasn't afraid of dying, he just had more things he wanted to accomplish. I still think his methods were questionable if not plain evil, but he did it for the village.
May 16, 2011 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
VitaX said:
akihikosama said:

You can see him running away a few pages back.

http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-481-page-3.html
May 16, 2011 6:45 PM

Jun 2009
Danzo running away was more about twisted Sasuke chasing him than anything else, I hardly think they even bothered thinking about Danzo when they (either the anime production staff or Kishimoto) opted for that outcome.

@Furine

I am aware of that, just wasn't expecting it to happen so soon (if it actually did go trough).

New question then... would this "new" Sasuke be willing to dig up his brother's body to snatch his eyes? I remember him specifically telling Madara no when he was told about the "ultimate" Uchiha eyes, but right now I am not so sure the answer would be the same. If he managed to deceive himself into killing (attempted at least.... but we will see about that) Karin I think he could pull off an argument that desecrating his body would actually be something Itachi would approve off.
"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people."
May 16, 2011 11:49 PM

May 2009
So far he's going by logic, but when he will go on full rampage he will be able to do it. Watching how he is progressing with vengeance and hate stuff its not far from it.
May 17, 2011 4:26 AM
Nov 2010
I don't really expect Karin to die. "Karin, don't move!" implies that he just messed up Danzou's guts not hers.

Oh and Danzou's suicide was not only to bomb the bridge but also to prevent Shisui's Sharingan to get into Madara's hands.

In the end I find it sad that Danzou is already out of the game. As much as I found him to be the wrong leader for Konoha it could have become somewhat interesting to see how he'd rebuild the village.
May 17, 2011 4:28 AM
Nov 2010
711 said:

New question then... would this "new" Sasuke be willing to dig up his brother's body to snatch his eyes? I remember him specifically telling Madara no when he was told about the "ultimate" Uchiha eyes, but right now I am not so sure the answer would be the same. If he managed to deceive himself into killing (attempted at least.... but we will see about that) Karin I think he could pull off an argument that desecrating his body would actually be something Itachi would approve off.

Why should he dig him up? He already received Itachi's powers.
May 17, 2011 6:13 AM

May 2009
for eternal sharingan is what he meant by that (by taking other user's eyes with mangekyou shringan activated he cant go blind anymore, I don't know if some imba dojutsu are posible after that since MAdara is still a mystery)
May 17, 2011 7:12 AM

Jun 2009
@Furine

That.

Also important to note that one can only do that with his own brother... like Madara did with his.

@wuzzle

"Karin, don't move!" implies that he just messed up Danzou's guts not hers.

Nice catch. That indeed might be the case.... for once Karin's glasses were thrown away when she felt to the ground but in the preview they were in her meaning either a gross continuity problem (not that far fetched actually considering Korean/Chinese in-betwen animation prowess) or that Sasuke actually put them back on.

Also the fact (already pointed) that he had a chidori going on while staring at Karin when Sakura appeared, meaning either he was going for the final blow (unlikely) or maybe trying to cauterize the wound (probably a stunt to create an emotional pitch were Sakura misinterprets his actions and we all can feel bad for him lulz).

God dammit, it's been a while since the last time I even bothered theorizing about Shippuuden... this goes to show how good the plot is picking up ;p
"There is no stupid questions, only stupid people."
May 17, 2011 12:49 PM

May 2009
Action is very jumpy right now and we only know what Naruto, Sakura, Garaa and other Konoha youngsters are thinking, but unfortunately we can't be sure whats up in Sasuke's head.. I think he didnt care about Karin much, he might thought "If you wont move, you might have bigger chance to survive, good for you"
May 17, 2011 9:49 PM

Mar 2011
At the end Danzo was not such a prick after all.
May 18, 2011 1:24 AM

Jun 2008
711 said:

I have to wonder. What good will Itachi's eyes do? Didn't he go completely blind before he died? Shouldn't his eyes be useless?
May 18, 2011 5:00 AM

May 2009
Furine said:
for eternal sharingan is what he meant by that (by taking other user's eyes with mangekyou shringan activated he cant go blind anymore, I don't know if some imba dojutsu are posible after that since MAdara is still a mystery)

It's not important how much they are blind, they will work well and never go blind again
May 18, 2011 3:51 PM

Mar 2010
ah karin better pull through Danzo was kool sacrificing himself like that

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 19, 2011 3:41 PM

Apr 2011
Poor Donzo, he seemed like a nice guy, I guess he was just mislead in the wrong direction.
Sasuke will kill anybody, hell he would even kill Madara. Great episode though.
May 19, 2011 8:06 PM

May 2009
OMG KARIN! SHE DIDNT DESERVE THAT!
May 20, 2011 5:12 AM
May 2009
Danzou is still a bastard. I mean I get what he was trying to do. But at the same time you can't say he is a good person.
May 23, 2011 8:13 PM

Jan 2008
Danzo's finally dead.
Though I dunno what to feel.
But the battle was great.
And the flashbacks weren't as irritating as I thought they'll be. :D

The next episode seems interesting.
I half expect Sakura to get hit in a vital point too. :D :D :D
May 24, 2011 9:09 PM

May 2010
OMG! One of the most emotional episodes in naruto! :'-( damn it! why is it only now that Danzou's past is revealed? He would get a huge props and respect from me :-((

Starting to hate sasuke now after this episode.. he's like a lunatic killer.. felt sorry for Karin and Danzou..

Several keypoint flashbacks.. like Shisui and 2nd Hokage, with Konaha councils; Homura and Koharu.. I really liked the part where they portrayed Saru and Danzou as being close friends.. which resembles much like naruto and sasuke during their genin years.. and also the little explaination of leaf and "root" :-)

Danzou at the end should be proud.. died in a real true shinobi fashion.. hope sasuke burns! >:-((
May 26, 2011 11:49 AM
May 2009
Danzou in Naruto and Danzou in Gintama, they are both such tragic characters.
May 27, 2011 2:47 AM

Dec 2009
711 said:
...I was waiting for someone to pop up with this but since no one did I will go ahead and do it myself.

Anyone else think Sasuke went blind on his right eye?

When Sasuke missed to chidori Danzo, and Danzou took Karin as hostage, Sasuke turned back.
At that time, in manga his right eye looks blind and after that also. Anime made the eyes full black. So to answer your question, yes blind to certain extent as seen in manga.
Jun 7, 2011 12:14 PM

Feb 2010
-Even though I'm not fond of Karin, this is basically the moment where I finally lost all my respect for Sasuke
-I'm not fond of Danzo...but I do feel bad for him especially after seeing the flashbacks.
Jul 14, 2011 1:19 PM
Jun 2011
Boaz said:
Finally He's dead. Danzo is no more. Now Naruto will become hokage. Or kakashi. Or maybey tsunade will finaly wake up.. Damn so many options.

YES. This is the exact reason why I didn't like Danzo. I wanted Kakashi to become Hokage, or at least have Tsunade wake up, but no, they had to choose Danzo.

I'm still trying to figure out if Danzo is an antagonist or a protagonist. I was pretty sure he was an antagonist 'til I saw his past. Now I'm confused. And I'm also confused as to whether hate his friggin' guts, or pity him. Though I did think that running away from Sasuke REALLY lowered his dignity. That got my pity. Though the reverse thingy was pretty awesome.

I have no hope for Sasuke anymore. I was still hoping, but a few episodes back, I stopped. There's no way on heaven, hell, or earth that that guy is going to stop his revenge chain reaction. T_T I want him to stop it! He's too cool to go off and start killing everybody in the world! But I guess there's no way he's going to stop... T_T Especially when he killed Karin. Main reason why I still had hope that he'd turn back to the good side was because of his compassion, the compassion that refused to let him kill his enemies. But then, SUDDEN CHANGE! Karin dies at his hand! I liked Karin. I hope Sakura can heal her....
Sep 26, 2011 6:24 PM

Sep 2008
ilikeyouevenmore said:
Amagai said:
…the darkness continues to encompass Sasuke.
Yeah, he's definately a bastard.

x10 in this episode.

I couldn't believe he did that to Karin. I hope there's a twist. Or he really is that manipulative and heartless now...

iiSatou said:
After seeing Danzo's past, everyone has a change of heart, I see...

Yeah... Kind of hard to hold a grudge against Danzo after seeing that little blurb of a flashback. Even I spent all these episodes counting down until his death, and then, when he was running stumbling away from Sasuke, I couldn't help but feel so bad for him. Then the flashback... :\ He was a great villain. Like they say, "The road/path to hell is paved with good intentions." Wasn't that at least in part true for Danzo?
Nov 5, 2011 5:20 AM

Nov 2010
Hmm... Somehow i actually felt sorry for that bastard in the end o.o But well... guess he was good at the bottom and really wanted to do good for the city... he just made all of the wrong decisions... ._. such a shame... i never thought i would think like that about that bastard...

merle_noir said:
Then the flashback... : He was a great villain. Like they say, "The road/path to hell is paved with good intentions." Wasn't that at least in part true for Danzo?

You're so right ._.

but well... Sasuke i still hate just as much as i always had... if not more xD Poor Karin even thou i always thought she was so dang annoying...
TathagataNov 5, 2011 5:24 AM
Dec 5, 2011 11:45 PM

Jun 2009
You said it all... so much for this battle, it's been a great fight
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Apr 7, 2012 11:49 AM

May 2011
Looks like there was more to Danzo than I thought, my opinion of him went up after hearing his story. I still dislike him, but not as much. Sasuke is becoming a lot more of an ass though, Karin had a lot of love for him, but as soon as she becomes a burden, he fucking kills her... That is something that will be very hard, if not impossible, to forgive. I may not have liked Karin's character, but she did not deserve to go out like that. :(
Aug 5, 2012 11:14 AM
Jan 2012
Sad Episode in the END :'(
Feb 5, 2013 3:19 PM

Dec 2011
this episode was beast, sasuke+s transformation to evil maniac, was done really good, but whata was better done was danzo´s justification, still one of my favorite shinobis in the naruto universe
Nov 17, 2013 4:05 PM

Jan 2013
This series has a lot of tragedy very nicely done
Nov 20, 2013 10:11 PM

Oct 2011
Yay, Danzo is dead. I'm amazed how the end of the episode tries to bring a good light on him. He was an asshole until the end.

If Karin really dies there, then I'm gonna be so damn fucking angry at Sasuke like never before. I didn't have that much of a problem with him yet, but that's gonna change for sure if she dies by his hand!
Mar 22, 2014 2:20 AM
Mar 2014
I hope Karin is not dead. Its not as i would like her very much, but i don't want her to get killed by Sasuke's hand.
May 17, 2014 9:51 PM
Mar 2014
karin is really annoying. she can die right now for all i care. serves her right for enabling a crazy man. she's said multiple times that sasuke's "changing" into a different more cold/dark/evil person. she should have seen it coming
Jun 5, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2013
sasuke is such a bitch
Jun 9, 2014 3:30 AM

Apr 2014
I feel sorry for Danzo after the flasback, but still i'm glad that bastard finally dead =D
Jul 28, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2013
SASUKE IS HARSH haha.
I hope Karin dies honestly. Probably not though.
Also I like Danzo's past story!
Aug 21, 2014 5:49 AM

Mar 2014
Hohohoho, Sasuke is insane now :D

lol

Too bad Karin probably won't stay dead.

I always had a bit of respect for Danzo, but he is still the enemy and he got what he deserved. He has no problem killing so many members of his village to keep the village safe, completely forgetting that those people ARE the village. Idiot.
Sep 12, 2014 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
Epic episode.
Yeah, in this episode we really get to see how much Danzou cared for Konoha... Despite his unscrupulous and shadowy methods, all he wanted was to protect Konoha... Yeah, yeah, his ideals were really stupid sometimes and somewhat unnecessary but it was for a good cause... Still, his death was sad...
Nov 24, 2014 5:14 AM
May 2012
See, Karin?? Sasuke is a fucktard!! Also, how dare he call Itachi "Nii-san" again!!
Well, Danzou is a bastard, but yeah, he just really wants to protect Konoha. I wish I was there to tell him: It's not about protecting, it's about how you are protecting it :D
Wait, don't tell me that hot babe in Danzou's flashback is the old lady geezer council advisor now!!
I kinda felt sympathetic towards Danzou at the end with that flashback of him playing with Sarutobi. He technically just committed suicide.
Dec 26, 2014 3:25 AM

Jul 2012
F*****Ckkk!! Sasuke is the worst!!!
Karin really dead? :(

Jul 27, 2015 8:39 PM

Oct 2013
Danzo is a great character because you just love to hate him. It's something none of the antagonists in the series have done for me up to this point.
"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~Lelouch Lamperouge
Nov 14, 2015 4:09 PM
Oct 2015
Is danzou really that weak? Why he let sasuke killed him so many times that he is forced to use izanagi and sacrificing many uchiha's eyes? He can just dodge it like the other great shinobi by using kawarimi no jutsu, kage bunshin etc. However maybe to dodge the susano it might be hard for him so he used izanagi.
Dec 3, 2015 3:33 AM
Aug 2012
Great person rest in peace, he was true to everything he believed in till the very end!You made everything to protect your village-I'm proud of such characters always
Jun 26, 2016 11:56 AM
Apr 2016
Danzo is done-zo

... yes, I've been waiting to use that one :P
Dec 3, 2016 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
Machiavellian characters such as Danzou are often underappreciated. Despite his methods, Danzou lived and died in earnest service to Konoha. What started out as the wish to be an honorable ninja was distorted in his competition with Hiruzen. While it doesn't justify many of the atrocities he engaged in, there's no denying that Danzou acting as the shadow - the root - was another necessary side of Konoha in the ninja world.
Mar 1, 2017 5:50 PM
Dec 2015
I hate Danzo and what he does with some of his actions but I respect the way he died here.
Apr 4, 2017 8:03 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Danzo loses the combat!!! IO__O Great Sasuke victory ;)
The Danzo flashback is very interesting, because we have a other point of view about the Danzo personality ;)
May 29, 2017 9:39 PM

Dec 2012
I'm shocked Danzo's character has already come to an end, but I have to admit, he was a great antagonist. Interesting character. The show really had me worried that he was going to take over the village. Such a weak resolve to want to be better than a friend versus focusing on bettering yourself. He was never fit to be hokage. Still, the only respect I give him is for his commitment to the Leaf.

I'd love to see Kakashi become hokage, forever wondering when it's gonna be Naruto's turn.

I was flabbergasted to see Sasuke sacrifice Karin like that, but that's what happens when you follow an emo fuckboy around. I fucking laughed so hard out of shock. Not that I ever hated Karin as much as other people, but I didn't love her either. Sasuke has no fucking chill hahahaha FUCK
Oct 8, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2016
Lol so Danzo's been taking L's his whole life? Makes sense

Also fuck you Karin haahahahahahahahahahahaha
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 6, 2017 2:26 PM

Nov 2017
Wowwwww, Sasuke is a major douche for real. :I

I mean, he already was a douche before, but sacrificing your companion like that? No dude. Not cool.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.