MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ao no Exorcist »» Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (14) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!
 
274 74.66%
4 out of 5: Liked it
 
66 17.98%
3 out of 5: It was OK
 
17 4.63%
2 out of 5: Disliked it
 
6 1.63%
1 out of 5: Hated it
 
4 1.09%
Voters: 367

04-24-11, 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 11209
Iilia said:

Anyone else feel like they were watching Fullmetal Alchemist with people spitting fire and drawing transmutation circles all over the place?


I think it gives a little of FMA feeling in general. But that can't be bad considering how awesome FMA:B was.
This episode was a big level up from the first one. Really awesome staff. A 5/5 episode definitely. I didn't expect the big bad guy making his appearance so soon but it was awesome. Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.

Anyway this looks like it may finally be the new awesome big shounen i was looking for, Fairy Tail is mediocre, Beelzebub is kind of repetitive and has no interesting plot, Sket Dance has no plot ether, Gintama has no plot ether, all the last three are just comedic attempts, after FMA:B i was really just stuck with only the classic big three as the best i could see. Now i hope this one really doesn't disappoint me after this promising start. I am kind of afraid though because i don't like very much the school academy idea i saw on the preview, am getting sick of school settings.
 
04-24-11, 11:43 AM

Online
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 4036
I'm liking the animation a lot, almost perfect adaption from manga, satan and mephisto are awesome, I just like those kinds of characters. Looking forward for more epicness.
 
04-24-11, 11:47 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 18841
Lightyear8684 said:

Apparently his mother died when giving birth to them, so what's why, I may be wrong though, each episode is intriguing, though it sucks to wait a week for one episode.


So that's it? I understand that she died when giving birth to them, and that 's the reason Satan mentioned it? ok... Thanks.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

 
04-24-11, 11:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 4
The OP is verry good its awesume but the ED is less good

the episode was sad but good :D im waiting on next episode :D
 
04-24-11, 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 48
great episode! this anime has a lot of potential. the ending before the ED was sad.
 
04-24-11, 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 274
Monad said:

Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.


There is a reason. It should be revealed later.
 
04-24-11, 12:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 159
Episode 2 of Ao no Exorcist had many emotions it left me breathless, speechless for a couple of minutes there. It might be different from the manga but who cares. This one is total win. IT had BIGGER IMPACT and the impression it leave i different when I read chapter 1. The fight scene didn't fail too.

 
04-24-11, 12:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1030
I still think they shouldn't have made an anime of it yet since there isn't any rly desicive arc there so I bet they'll just improvise again and that shows from the different routes they take to actually reach to the same point in those 2 first epis ~
It always kinda saddens and pisses me off when they change the manga for no reason (though I guess here , they needed to add more for screentime ?) but at least the major scenes are there so I'm fine with it <:

Can't wait to see Yukio in the next epi \o/
 
04-24-11, 12:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1348
Looks good so far. The plot is a bit unoriginal if you ask me, but I still enjoyed watching it.

I think the ED is ok. The OP song is awesome (as any other UVERworld's) but I'm a bit disappointed with the animation. I mean I was expecting monsters jumping, explosions and key characters shown. Instead I got 80 secs of the main char just walking and 10 secs of actually showing people.

Yep, I'm an openings maniac :)
Modified by Lambo, 04-24-11, 12:35 PM
Kufufufu...
Reality is Illusion, Illusion is Reality


 
04-24-11, 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 665
Another good episode following the first. The development was about the only thing that illustrated the video in a good light. OP theme is pretty good, I'll have to admit. On another note, I was actually surprised with the varying emotions in this episode. Very, very good second episode. Looking forward to the next!
 
04-24-11, 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 5
IceAndCream said:
Monad said:

Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.


There is a reason. It should be revealed later.


Yeah. Fujimoto's death is so much worse following the reveal...
 
04-24-11, 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 969
And with this, the best part of the story ends. Generic shounen show #9000 starts next week.
 
04-24-11, 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3766
Woah, what is this normal kids in the next episode who know about everything that's happening. I wonder if the other brother knows anything that is happening or are they going to tell him in the next episode?

 
04-24-11, 1:17 PM

Online
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 19645
Monad said:
Iilia said:

Anyone else feel like they were watching Fullmetal Alchemist with people spitting fire and drawing transmutation circles all over the place?


I think it gives a little of FMA feeling in general. But that can't be bad considering how awesome FMA:B was.
This episode was a big level up from the first one. Really awesome staff. A 5/5 episode definitely. I didn't expect the big bad guy making his appearance so soon but it was awesome. Kind of wondering how he managed to posses the priest and why didn't he do it sooner.

Anyway this looks like it may finally be the new awesome big shounen i was looking for, Fairy Tail is mediocre, Beelzebub is kind of repetitive and has no interesting plot, Sket Dance has no plot ether, Gintama has no plot ether, all the last three are just comedic attempts, after FMA:B i was really just stuck with only the classic big three as the best i could see. Now i hope this one really doesn't disappoint me after this promising start. I am kind of afraid though because i don't like very much the school academy idea i saw on the preview, am getting sick of school settings.


thats cause the old man had every second all under contral and didnt letted satan take over when rin said do never act as my father again
blow him a lil of course and he letted the guard down cause rin was his weak point and hearing that from the beloved son was like a knife too his heart soo understandeble
 
04-24-11, 1:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 3384
This was an awesome episode. Satan is an idiot.

Also, the ED sucks.
 
04-24-11, 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 32
The opening could've been a lot better
(considering I just watched Deadman Wonderland right before this) but whatevs. It's just an opening.

The rest of the episode went along real nice, especially the part where Rin released his demon powers. The BGM playing there really pulled my heartstrings Dx
I can't wait for next week though. We finally get to see Suguro and his gang.
UGH.
So much love for them.

<3
 
04-24-11, 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3792
Better than the first episode. Really liked this. The soundtrack and animation impressed me.
 
04-24-11, 1:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 78
THIS is for clueless people who think that Ao and Fma has something in common.... for your concern and benefit let me tell you that in REAL life there are exorcists and they do use circles like those seen in the episode to drove out demons, so it is not something borrowed from another show( don't get me wrong I too loved FMA)....it is the real thing

i don't know nothing about the manga so I'm expecting the next episode!!!! this was awesome!!!!
 
04-24-11, 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 251
My favorite show of the season by far this show is awesome.
 
#0
04-24-11, 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1664
Wow things just got even more interesting! But I was not expecting the Reverend to die so soon. Still it makes things more dramatic.
 
Top
Pages (14) -2 -1 [0] 1 2 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices