Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2011 3:11 AM

Nov 2010
Bah... It was a meh episode. Seems like this anime is losing momentum, at least for me.

But at least one thing is good for me...

CECILIA IS NOT A TSUNDERE!

YES! This means I can love her as much as I want without feeling bad about it! Meaning if she was a tsundere, I'd pretty much be feeling tsundere for her as well. >_>
Jan 21, 2011 3:20 AM

Oct 2009
Fucking jelly Ichika.

This is like TWGOK.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2011 3:46 AM

Jan 2010
total enjoyment of this series .
Jan 21, 2011 3:49 AM

Jul 2010
Rin is such a tiny cutie. Love how all the other girls are jealous and are spying on the whole situation. =P

Really nice to see the way it turned out with his entrance exam. All of this happened because he got lost on his way there! Lucky bastard! Three girls in a catfight over him and of course he's too clueless to notice. Figures. >.<

Wait for it... wait for it... ah, there it is! What would a grade school childhood friend be without a "remember our promise?". -_-
Of course he doesn't understand it, he's a clueless harem lead after all. Now both girls hate him for it! xD

What's with the cliffhanger? We all know he's gonna lose anyway!

Nice episode though. =P

Jan 21, 2011 3:54 AM

Jan 2010
Tsundere, tsundere 2, ojou-sama.
Hmm... nice harem there.
Jan 21, 2011 4:08 AM

Aug 2010
Yes, another cute girl. Now we just need Ichika to not be a wuss. Still enjoyable though.
Jan 21, 2011 5:33 AM

Feb 2009
So bland and generic. Yet it's fun to watch.
Also, why are the girls wearing school swimsuits when there's no pool? :3
Jan 21, 2011 5:47 AM

Sep 2009
belatkuro said:
So bland and generic. Yet it's fun to watch.
Also, why are the girls wearing school swimsuits when there's no pool? :3

you should know that by now m8 X3...there's but only one reason for that

Jan 21, 2011 6:05 AM

Feb 2009
Inarius said:

Your post, sir, is better than the whole episode.
Jan 21, 2011 6:20 AM

Nov 2010
I like that some of the characters are from other countries. Also who wears a kimono in this day and age? Actually when you watch an anime,some of the characters in modern settings wear clothes that are out of date.
Jan 21, 2011 6:46 AM

Aug 2009
I can't even count how many facepalms I did in this episode because of Cecilia.
I headdesk-ed once, when the Ichika-butt appeared.

Lin Yin is a nice character. Genki tsundere mysterious girl? LIKE.
She's been conquered but according to the ED, not yet...
Hoping for great battle scenes next episode.
Jan 21, 2011 6:52 AM

Jan 2010
Great. Another harem master-I mean protagonist- who has no clue that he has a harem -_-

Good introduction to Fang.
Dudewitbow said:
kuroshi_nazo said:
It looks like Cecilia Alcott is now a conquered tsundere.

Ralem said:
I could happily go without that kind of fanservice.

better than the pantsu shot in Kore wa zombie desu ka

agreed
Jan 21, 2011 6:58 AM

Feb 2009
Dudewitbow said:

Pssh, you clearly don't know awesome fanservice when you see it. Nothing is better then the Masou Shoujo Ayumu in Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka! Nothing I tell you!

As for this... I'm going to be annoyed in Fan wins, we need our male lead to at least get some form of victory under his belt. And I must admit, I really don't care for Fan very much, something about her just rubs me the wrong way.

Anyways, hoping for more awesome fight scenes next week!
Jan 21, 2011 6:59 AM

Mar 2008
So Cecilia already crazy about our hero. How could it be otherwise.
There was another girl (Cuuute), Ichika probably promised that he would marry her... It's all a little weak.

Hmmm I was wondering when that happens.

Strange that they are so late.

Jan 21, 2011 7:00 AM

Jan 2009
nice episode, now waiting for next episode where their will be aerial battles again
Jan 21, 2011 7:31 AM

Nov 2009
An enjoyable episode, nothing really special about it, but enjoyable. I hope the series doesn't become a lot more serious, I'd prefer if it stays the simple school harem type series.
Jan 21, 2011 7:31 AM

Jun 2010
Even though this episode was generic as hell, I couldn't help but smile and laugh the whole time X3

Im liking the new girl Rin, maybe even better than Houki. Now we have two tsunderes in the show and both are childhood friends of Ichika. Lucky bastard :3
Jan 21, 2011 7:40 AM

Apr 2010
I am even more annoyed with the male lead as i was last week how can he be so incredibly stupid.
His lack of intelligence and common knowledge is just frustrating to watch.
He really deserved that slap from Rin and i feel sorry for that girl that she had to fall for such a guy, he doesn't even understand such a easy hint.

This episode was fine tho.
I liked watching Cecilia and Houki fighting with each other, tho the change in Cecilia is a bit to much.
Letting the male lead become class representative wasn't a good move fro Cecilia and i am surprised there aren't more people objecting to it, his lack of knowledge could become a real problem in such a position.

The new girl seemed interesting, tho a bit of a show off.
And i wonder what the fight will look like next week i hope she beats some sense into the male lead so he finally starts using his brain.

Houki looked great in that without her tail, and in her training outfit.
Jan 21, 2011 7:44 AM

Nov 2008
It was an ok episode, not exactly what I was waiting for but it was not bad either. At least Cecilia got off her high pedestal, I did not like her attitude in the first episode. I'm still not sure on my feelings about this turning into a harem, especially with this guy that is totally dense.
Jan 21, 2011 7:57 AM

Mar 2008
It is already a harem. I think this is a textbook example of the harem, a silly boy and a group (full school) of girls. Most likely at the end of the series he realizes... something like "Wait, you're like me? why did not you tell?"

Jan 21, 2011 7:58 AM

Nov 2008
It`s more a harem than a mecha. Hoping for more battles in this tournament.
Jan 21, 2011 8:08 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Another Childhood friend appears. As far as it is atm, it's going further into the harem genre, with a small amount of mecha.

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Jan 21, 2011 8:26 AM

Jan 2011
Come on, I want more fights nao! T_______T
Jan 21, 2011 8:31 AM

Aug 2008
Ugh! This is bad, really bad. Short of Cecilia's hawtness I don't care for any aspect of any of these characters. Thank goodness there's a fight coming because the harem aspects of this show are killing me.

Jan 21, 2011 8:51 AM

Jul 2010
Wow life would be so easy if chicks were as easy to read as anime ones. : p
Jan 21, 2011 8:58 AM

May 2010
I think the show will be shifting every episode from mecha to harem then back to mecha and so on.

I was really surprised that Cecilia suddenly changed her personality. >.<

Rin is really likeable but still something's lacking. :/

Her IS really reminded me of Gurren from CG due to the colors.

Also, the girls are getting hotter. :D

I hope the next mecha fight is going to be good.
StormViruzJan 21, 2011 9:05 AM
Jan 21, 2011 9:09 AM

Jan 2011
People keep complaining about how dense Ichika is...thats the only way that this Harem will work. Otherwise we will get another School Days moment where he realizes the girls like him, and becomes a man whore. Ichika is not a pushover, he's just naive...but can you blame him?

He's surrounded by a whole school of girls ready to fuck him, and the main girls who truly love him would NEVER let him sleep at night if he chose one of the others. Jealousy is a bitch, and it can kill you( ain't that right makoto)

One really nice plot device would be if we found out he really does know the girls like him, but chooses to act dense to keep himself out of trouble.
Jan 21, 2011 9:35 AM
Apr 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
People keep complaining about how dense Ichika is...thats the only way that this Harem will work. Otherwise we will get another School Days moment where he realizes the girls like him, and becomes a man whore. Ichika is not a pushover, he's just naive...but can you blame him?

He's surrounded by a whole school of girls ready to fuck him, and the main girls who truly love him would NEVER let him sleep at night if he chose one of the others. Jealousy is a bitch, and it can kill you( ain't that right makoto)

One really nice plot device would be if we found out he really does know the girls like him, but chooses to act dense to keep himself out of trouble.

yes to that! or else this will be one vs 466... there are 467 is around there...i think, he would not want all of those coming at his throat...
Jan 21, 2011 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
i like how they kept switchin to a very oriental sounding background music whenever Rin had an important scene, it sounded realy cool, hope they keep doing that for her...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jan 21, 2011 9:45 AM

Jun 2009
This looks like a rehash of all the cliches from a harem anime.

...and the reviews on this were so harsh lol but I do know where they are coming from. Still couldn't get used to the type of mecha in this anime (seriously, they should have made it a full body mech) and the main character is another meh but I'm still gonna watch this for the battles.
Jan 21, 2011 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
Decided to give this anime a 3rd try and got burned.
|Dropped 4/10
Jan 21, 2011 10:26 AM

Dec 2008
WTF happened to Cecelia Alcott? Did she fall and bump her head? She's turned into a new kind of annoying chick!!
I don't like Fan Rinin. I find her to be annoying.
The only thing that's keeping me interested is the IS machines.
However, that doesn't seem to be enough to keep me from dropping this show.
I hate shows with bitchy, whiny, girls that only know how to scream and hit instead of saying what's really on their minds. I also hate shows with wimpy male leads that listen to the screams and take the hits without screaming or hitting back. I'll give this show 2 more eps and then it's a drop if it doesn't improve.
Jan 21, 2011 10:34 AM

Mar 2009
lol man the preview for ep 4 is badass... looking forward to the next one. This ep was good as well... tho I was hoping for more of a backstory on the 2nd childhood friend...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Jan 21, 2011 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
I fell in love with Cecilia this episode, which is odd since i despised her previously. Love her new attitude towards the main character.

I disliked the new girl, she just seems like an unneeded extra to me. This show is still just a collection of clichés, some moments are enjoyable but others are just plain bad to watch.

6.5/10 for this episode, best episode out of the 3.
Jan 21, 2011 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
Oh Cecilia isn't annoying and turned all dere this episode, good. I like her that way. Rin isn't half bad too, still i'd say Houki > rest.
This school life shit is pretty enjoyable, hope i won't get too much fights later.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 21, 2011 10:59 AM

Jun 2010
Ralem said:
Veronin said:

damn my mother was beside me when i'm watching it on tv >.<
Jan 21, 2011 11:06 AM

Nov 2009
I still don't like Cecilia. That is just a fact i can't change; i just hate her type of character. I like Houki but the tsundere attitude in hindsight is annoying. Rin is awesome.

According to Keima's principles of childhood friends Rin is ahead since she has a promise too. Go go second childhood friend faction!

Edit: wait, how did he regress during that practice? Was he not able to have godly control of the IS in his match? Also, dense male lead is annoying even if this is suppose to be a harem.
helurJan 21, 2011 11:10 AM
Jan 21, 2011 11:28 AM
May 2009
Like many said looks like the textbook harem but it's still enjoyable.

Hmmmmmm I also wonder who I should cheer for
Jan 21, 2011 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
This show is a steaming pile of shit.

But I find myself enjoying it and I will continue to watch it.
Jan 21, 2011 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
Poor ichika.. getting raped 24/7.
desolatoJan 21, 2011 11:51 AM
Jan 21, 2011 11:55 AM

Aug 2010
Hmm, a cliffhanger before the next episode...
At the start of the episode I was like: "wait! since when does Cecilia has feelings for Ichika?" , because she was on a total tsuntsun mode last episode...whatever...interesting episode anyway.
Jan 21, 2011 12:01 PM

Jul 2009
I have to say, I love this anime and look forward to it every week. The characters look friggin' awesome. This anime follows close to Index on the 'I can't wait for it to come out index', imo.
Jan 21, 2011 1:38 PM

Jul 2010
VillettaIchihara said:
WTF happened to Cecelia Alcott? Did she fall and bump her head? She's turned into a new kind of annoying chick!!
I don't like Fan Rinin. I find her to be annoying.
The only thing that's keeping me interested is the IS machines.
However, that doesn't seem to be enough to keep me from dropping this show.
I hate shows with bitchy, whiny, girls that only know how to scream and hit instead of saying what's really on their minds. I also hate shows with wimpy male leads that listen to the screams and take the hits without screaming or hitting back. I'll give this show 2 more eps and then it's a drop if it doesn't improve.
Totally agree with this. Seriously, characters like Ichika are the worst - and then he's surrounded by a bunch of other unlikeble characters. Why is he so damn clueless? Why does he just take all this without saying anything in his defense? (In case it isn't obvious, these are rhetorical questions)

Rin isn't as bad as I thought she'd be, but she's still annoying and will probably get worse. Alcott is just a tool, and Houki is your typical tsunderes. Honestly, I probably wouldn't dislike any of these character if it was just ONE of them, but they had to go and throw them all together making a harem of bitches.

And really, he got LOST? Are you kidding me? He gets lost in the new building and decided to go in the room that says: "Unauthorized - Trespassing Prohibited." Just how much more retarded can we get here? Surely they could have come up with something better than that.

The mech fights aren't bad, which is why I'm watching this. So hopefully I can just learn to put up with this show's many down points.
Jan 21, 2011 2:09 PM

Oct 2009
Dudewitbow said:
kuroshi_nazo said:
It looks like Cecilia Alcott is now a conquered tsundere.

Ralem said:
I could happily go without that kind of fanservice.

Agreed xD

@Inarius: Nice job
Jan 21, 2011 2:12 PM

Sep 2009
The whole every girl around the protagonist is in love with him, but he is clueless is getting extremely old in amine series.

Other then the machine fights , there is nothing good about the show. All the characters are annoying, but ill probably watch the series till the end for the fights.
Jan 21, 2011 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
This episode wasn't that bad, show seems like it's going down "cliche hill" though.
Jan 21, 2011 3:05 PM

Sep 2009
That was a horrible cliffhanger in my opinion. It makes you want more obviously, but yeah, not among the better of cliffhangers I've experienced. xD;

I was really looking forward to this at first, but I really didn't expect it to be a harem anime even though it should've been obvious with the setting an all that. I dunno, seemed like this episode was a pretty big disappointment to me. Hoping that it gets better with episode 4. :U
Jan 21, 2011 3:10 PM

Aug 2010
And thus the harem is started and the dense mail lead is born.
Jan 21, 2011 3:10 PM

Sep 2010
Iilia said:

And really, he got LOST? Are you kidding me? He gets lost in the new building and decided to go in the room that says: "Unauthorized - Trespassing Prohibited." Just how much more retarded can we get here? Surely they could have come up with something better than that.

Actually, this part made me laugh. First I facepalmed for the same reason you said, then I realized that this kind of ridiculous plot fits the show perfectly.

Unfortunately this was the only fun part for me. The show was stupid but enjoying at the beginning; now it lost the "enjoying" part of that...
Jan 21, 2011 3:29 PM

Jan 2010
Why is this seemingly generic and pointless show so entertaining?
Ok™
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.