Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2011 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
Decided to give this anime a 3rd try and got burned.
|Dropped 4/10
Jan 21, 2011 10:26 AM

Dec 2008
WTF happened to Cecelia Alcott? Did she fall and bump her head? She's turned into a new kind of annoying chick!!
I don't like Fan Rinin. I find her to be annoying.
The only thing that's keeping me interested is the IS machines.
However, that doesn't seem to be enough to keep me from dropping this show.
I hate shows with bitchy, whiny, girls that only know how to scream and hit instead of saying what's really on their minds. I also hate shows with wimpy male leads that listen to the screams and take the hits without screaming or hitting back. I'll give this show 2 more eps and then it's a drop if it doesn't improve.
Jan 21, 2011 10:34 AM

Mar 2009
lol man the preview for ep 4 is badass... looking forward to the next one. This ep was good as well... tho I was hoping for more of a backstory on the 2nd childhood friend...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Jan 21, 2011 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
I fell in love with Cecilia this episode, which is odd since i despised her previously. Love her new attitude towards the main character.

I disliked the new girl, she just seems like an unneeded extra to me. This show is still just a collection of clichés, some moments are enjoyable but others are just plain bad to watch.

6.5/10 for this episode, best episode out of the 3.
Jan 21, 2011 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
Oh Cecilia isn't annoying and turned all dere this episode, good. I like her that way. Rin isn't half bad too, still i'd say Houki > rest.
This school life shit is pretty enjoyable, hope i won't get too much fights later.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 21, 2011 10:59 AM

Jun 2010
Ralem said:
Veronin said:

damn my mother was beside me when i'm watching it on tv >.<
Jan 21, 2011 11:06 AM

Nov 2009
I still don't like Cecilia. That is just a fact i can't change; i just hate her type of character. I like Houki but the tsundere attitude in hindsight is annoying. Rin is awesome.

According to Keima's principles of childhood friends Rin is ahead since she has a promise too. Go go second childhood friend faction!

Edit: wait, how did he regress during that practice? Was he not able to have godly control of the IS in his match? Also, dense male lead is annoying even if this is suppose to be a harem.
helurJan 21, 2011 11:10 AM
Jan 21, 2011 11:28 AM
May 2009
Like many said looks like the textbook harem but it's still enjoyable.

Hmmmmmm I also wonder who I should cheer for
Jan 21, 2011 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
This show is a steaming pile of shit.

But I find myself enjoying it and I will continue to watch it.
Jan 21, 2011 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
Poor ichika.. getting raped 24/7.
desolatoJan 21, 2011 11:51 AM
Jan 21, 2011 11:55 AM

Aug 2010
Hmm, a cliffhanger before the next episode...
At the start of the episode I was like: "wait! since when does Cecilia has feelings for Ichika?" , because she was on a total tsuntsun mode last episode...whatever...interesting episode anyway.
Jan 21, 2011 12:01 PM

Jul 2009
I have to say, I love this anime and look forward to it every week. The characters look friggin' awesome. This anime follows close to Index on the 'I can't wait for it to come out index', imo.
Jan 21, 2011 1:38 PM

Jul 2010
VillettaIchihara said:
WTF happened to Cecelia Alcott? Did she fall and bump her head? She's turned into a new kind of annoying chick!!
I don't like Fan Rinin. I find her to be annoying.
The only thing that's keeping me interested is the IS machines.
However, that doesn't seem to be enough to keep me from dropping this show.
I hate shows with bitchy, whiny, girls that only know how to scream and hit instead of saying what's really on their minds. I also hate shows with wimpy male leads that listen to the screams and take the hits without screaming or hitting back. I'll give this show 2 more eps and then it's a drop if it doesn't improve.
Totally agree with this. Seriously, characters like Ichika are the worst - and then he's surrounded by a bunch of other unlikeble characters. Why is he so damn clueless? Why does he just take all this without saying anything in his defense? (In case it isn't obvious, these are rhetorical questions)

Rin isn't as bad as I thought she'd be, but she's still annoying and will probably get worse. Alcott is just a tool, and Houki is your typical tsunderes. Honestly, I probably wouldn't dislike any of these character if it was just ONE of them, but they had to go and throw them all together making a harem of bitches.

And really, he got LOST? Are you kidding me? He gets lost in the new building and decided to go in the room that says: "Unauthorized - Trespassing Prohibited." Just how much more retarded can we get here? Surely they could have come up with something better than that.

The mech fights aren't bad, which is why I'm watching this. So hopefully I can just learn to put up with this show's many down points.
Jan 21, 2011 2:09 PM

Oct 2009
Dudewitbow said:
kuroshi_nazo said:
It looks like Cecilia Alcott is now a conquered tsundere.

Ralem said:
I could happily go without that kind of fanservice.

better than the pantsu shot in Kore wa zombie desu ka

Agreed xD

@Inarius: Nice job
Jan 21, 2011 2:12 PM

Sep 2009
The whole every girl around the protagonist is in love with him, but he is clueless is getting extremely old in amine series.

Other then the machine fights , there is nothing good about the show. All the characters are annoying, but ill probably watch the series till the end for the fights.
Jan 21, 2011 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
This episode wasn't that bad, show seems like it's going down "cliche hill" though.
Jan 21, 2011 3:05 PM

Sep 2009
That was a horrible cliffhanger in my opinion. It makes you want more obviously, but yeah, not among the better of cliffhangers I've experienced. xD;

I was really looking forward to this at first, but I really didn't expect it to be a harem anime even though it should've been obvious with the setting an all that. I dunno, seemed like this episode was a pretty big disappointment to me. Hoping that it gets better with episode 4. :U
Jan 21, 2011 3:10 PM

Aug 2010
And thus the harem is started and the dense mail lead is born.
Jan 21, 2011 3:10 PM

Sep 2010
Iilia said:

And really, he got LOST? Are you kidding me? He gets lost in the new building and decided to go in the room that says: "Unauthorized - Trespassing Prohibited." Just how much more retarded can we get here? Surely they could have come up with something better than that.

Actually, this part made me laugh. First I facepalmed for the same reason you said, then I realized that this kind of ridiculous plot fits the show perfectly.

Unfortunately this was the only fun part for me. The show was stupid but enjoying at the beginning; now it lost the "enjoying" part of that...
Jan 21, 2011 3:29 PM

Jan 2010
Why is this seemingly generic and pointless show so entertaining?
Ok™
Jan 21, 2011 4:45 PM

May 2008
this show sure has gotten alot more interesting than the first episode i hope to see more of the comedy =3

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 21, 2011 5:01 PM

Nov 2007
all girls school + 1 guy = expanding harem! I'm already jealous as fuck of this guy. Cecilia is already warming up to him, and Rin is cute but I'm sure he'll get with Houki if anyone but you know the harem will get bigger.
Jan 21, 2011 5:12 PM

Aug 2010
wth, this episode was B.O.R.I.N.G
2/5
maybe because i got tired of typical harem anime :(
but ill still watch this and BEELZEBUB (THE BEST THIS SEASON)
Jan 21, 2011 5:24 PM

Nov 2010
mystik said:
all girls school + 1 guy = expanding harem! I'm already jealous as fuck of this guy. Cecilia is already warming up to him, and Rin is cute but I'm sure he'll get with Houki if anyone but you know the harem will get bigger.

More like she's already completely fallen for him and ready to give herself completely to him.

Which angers me and makes me feel jelly. Cecilia woud've been my waifu instantly if I was Ichika.
Jan 21, 2011 5:33 PM

Jul 2010
It is beginning to become more of a harem anime and somehow, I find it interesting to watch.
Jan 21, 2011 5:48 PM

May 2010
"Here, I brought you a sports drink!"
*hands towel*
I have nothing to put here. Go me.
Jan 21, 2011 6:50 PM
Jan 2011
ShotaOnion said:
"Here, I brought you a sports drink!"
*hands towel*

That is probably why I will end up dropping it after one more episode. I was hoping this would trend deeper/darker, but this means that the source material is just not going there...

Star Driver seems to have more depth than this.

And this makes me sad.
Jan 21, 2011 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
Ugh, I hate the characters more and more each episode. -__-
Jan 21, 2011 7:05 PM
Aug 2010
I've enjoyed some harems in the past.. so maybe it's me who changed.. but watching this was agony.. I wanted to drag out the main character and punch him in the face.

The stupidity of this episode was overwhelming.. And I necessarily don't think you have to make the lead role and complete idiot in a harem to avoid a school day ending.. just maybe someone with a little self control?

Considering this is probably a mecha one episode / harem the other kinda thing.. I'll give this show two more episodes to improve before I'm dropping it.
Jan 21, 2011 7:28 PM

Jul 2010
ooo Cecilia is being nice now :)
I hope that Ichika beats Lin to next ep :O

Maybe some IS tournament i guess at the ending. And probably 12 to 24 episodes
Jan 21, 2011 8:22 PM
May 2009
It's one guy going to an all girls school, what did you expect?
Jan 22, 2011 12:02 AM

Nov 2009
A second childhood friend .. ? ololol
Well, I would prefer Houki, but from what I've seen of his character, it will be a typical ending where he's way too dense to notice anything . .
Jan 22, 2011 12:09 AM
Mar 2010
SilveRR said:

Except this harem is led by a weak, generic protagonist.

I am anticipating Rin's appearance on the ED next episode.
Jan 22, 2011 12:41 AM

Aug 2009
This show may be cliched as all getup, but I'm still enjoying myself quite a bit.

Rin/Lin strikes me as a little too aggressive in her approach to Ichika, but I'm willing to give her chance and if nothing else said approach forces the hands of the other harem-ettes.

That said, Houki is really the only viable option for me, barring any drastic romantic development between Ichika and any other girl. I think he treats her differently enough for him to realize that he might see her as more than a friend, and he was visibly flustered when she was changing, so there may be some physical attraction to help it along. Then again, this could just be the fanboyism kicking in seeing as childhood friend + tsundere + Yoko Hikasa = FATAL KO for me. :/
Ha-cha!
Jan 22, 2011 2:58 AM

Mar 2008
Y'all forgot something; Ichika is 15. He might not even been through puberty yet. Also +1 for the guy who mentioned Itou Makoto. That personification of studliness met his well deserved karmic bloody end, but damnit if he isn't pimping.

Still hoping for an edgier thing here, but tbh, the "get bitten by a dog/get kicked by a horse and die" line made me laugh. If Ichika is, say 19/21, he'd probably have gotten what Rin meant by the promise and by now would've steadily applying the power of his pimpness to good use for all three girls (and probably more, like say, the entire school?).

One sad truth though, what little brain Ichika has, he still uses it since he's still not at the phase where he thinks with his penis.
FotonJan 22, 2011 3:02 AM
Jan 22, 2011 2:59 AM

Jan 2009
herox3 said:
SilveRR said:
Except this harem is led by a weak, generic protagonist.
Then again, aren't like 99% of all harems led by a weak, generic protagonist?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 22, 2011 3:23 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
Don't forget they completely lack balls as well^^

Though in his defence, girls can really be vague with their intentions, and they get furious if you interpret them wrong or simply "miss" their advances -.-'

Any way this new girl seems quite interesting, cutest by far a bit less Tsuntsun than the other two.
But as pointed earlier, second childhood-friend stand little to no chance to have a romantic relationship with the protagonist :/
desolatoJan 22, 2011 9:54 AM
Jan 22, 2011 4:02 AM

Feb 2010
Rin *drool*

Indeed, moe is important.
Jan 22, 2011 4:18 AM

Nov 2010
Oosran said:
Thus, why Kore Wa Zombie's Ayumu is superior.
desolatoJan 22, 2011 9:54 AM
Jan 22, 2011 4:54 AM

Oct 2010
the china is somekind cool, but after osananajimi 1 now osananajimi 2? not really ecxiting...
Jan 22, 2011 6:16 AM

Jan 2011
EternalDreamer said:
Don't forget they completely lack balls as well^^

Though in his defence, girls can really be vague with their intentions, and they get furious if you interpret them wrong or simply "miss" their advances -.-'

Any way this new girl seems quite interesting, cutest by far a bit less Tsuntsun than the other two.
But as pointed earlier, second childhood-friend stand little to no chance to have a romantic relationship with the protagonist :/
From what I've heard from the novels and TvTropes, ALL the girls will get SIGNIFICANT advancement in their relationships with Ichika, so don't give up hope yet.

And why does everyone keep saying he has no balls? He's stood up to Houki each time she's thrown some Tsun at him. He even told her to look at her when he's talking to her in episode 2. This guy has bigger priorities than fucking a girl. Based on whats about to come and if the anime will follow closely to the novel, he has FAR more issues to deal with then getting his dick wet. So I applaud him.

And at this stage, the girls are FAR from accepting the Tenchi Harem Solution, so him taking it to the next level with one girl will clearly not make the main girls, and possibly even the other 400 something happy. Just thinking of the possibility of Rin being Ichika's girlfriend had Houki and Cecilia down his throat ready to beat him. And they were just talking...imagine if they were fucking....
So don't be so hard on this 15-16 year old who's like someone said, thinking with something other than his dick.
desolatoJan 22, 2011 9:55 AM
Jan 22, 2011 6:34 AM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:
What about the 1%?
Jan 22, 2011 6:52 AM

Jan 2010
belatkuro said:
What about the 1%?
People like Makoto from School Days
Jan 22, 2011 7:45 AM

Jan 2011
Daidragon1990 said:
Then you get some people complaining that the 1% is a whore and deserves to die. You just can't please some Harem watchers
Jan 22, 2011 8:06 AM

Jan 2009
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Then you get some people complaining that the 1% is a whore and deserves to die. You just can't please some Harem watchers
Then again, we're not watching harem shows for the male leads, are we? :3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 22, 2011 8:43 AM

Jan 2010
Daidragon1990 said:

lol Then only thing I look for in a male lead in a harem is someone who starts off obvious at first about not having a harem then later on starts to realize "ZOMG! I think I'm in love with this person." I despise a male lead like in Asobi ni Iku yo.
Jan 22, 2011 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
Each episode has gotten a little worse. While visually attractive, the female characters don't excite me. Houki is the only one who seems to have any depth to her. Unfortunately, it comes out as bitchiness.

I think the part about Ichika that is irritating in a lead is that the women have their conflicts right in front of him. If they were fighting on the sidelines and then acting sweet in front of him, then his cluelessness would make sense. But they're hashing it while he's standing around.

The one positive moment for him was when he asked Houki why she was being such a bitch (Why are you so ill-tempered?).

At this point, I can't say that I'm really looking forward to the next episode. After watching the first, I wanted to see the second. But the story has gotten bland quickly.
Jan 22, 2011 9:36 AM
Aug 2009
They still have a two girls they haven't introduced with personal IS in 1st episode.
Inb4ragecomments of harem blah blah
They still have :
Laura - black sniper IS
some girl with short blond hair - an orange IS
Jan 22, 2011 9:52 AM

Oct 2008
Average at best...
The girls fighting over him the ENTIRE episode got far too drawn out.
Frankly, it could be that I watched Madoka shortly before watching this.
Houki is surprisingly the only reedming factor.
Jan 22, 2011 10:06 AM

Nov 2008
Quotechains: I don't approve of them.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.