Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2011 10:43 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A certain magical catfight

and the second childhood friend arrives.

"Fang" Lin Yin or something like that...."Fang" which is ironical, cause every time she opens her mouth, you can see her "fang"

Jailbait sad?

Ichika (hopped I spelled him right), as always can't even break an argument two girls start...man this guy is turning out to be a pussy

But he'll hopefully redeem himself later.

The Plot Thickens

Finally what fight would be complete, without some gundam reference?

Overall, buéno episode! X3

Edit: While I see you manage to amuse many with your screenshots, please don't let it get out of hand, as we don't really approve of image-dumping.
desolatoJan 21, 2011 11:56 AM
Jan 20, 2011 10:52 AM

Oct 2010
Whoa!! Ahaha, viewing zeh pics made me even more anxious to watch the subbed versions. AAHH!! Lin finally appeared ahahah. *drools*

Another DFC... HAHA--!! *runs for my life*
Jan 20, 2011 3:18 PM

Oct 2009
That was a good Ep but I wanna watch sub my Japanese is only so-so
I picked up on the plot at least.
Looks like Cecilia is pretty aggresive trying to get Ichika but she's no match for Lin who trys to move in with him and kick Houki out.
Fave part was when Houki says she'll kill him if he doesn't win in class matches.
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Jan 20, 2011 9:26 PM

Oct 2010
As much I loved the intro of Fang Lin Yin the name of her IS reminded me of a Gundam from Wing Gundam. The fan service keeps getting good here and there but this episode's main goodies were Houki with Cecillia fighting over. There is also at the end the IS of Fang in the spoiler
what's interesting about it are its lasers and big Chinese saber (I think it would be Chinese.) that glows. Anyways Fang Lin Yin is cute in the spoiler
and is my favorite girl of the show! :D

In regards to other things in the episode, a rather nice view of Cecillia IS was nice to see it in better glory. The transformation sequence for Cecillia into her IS was nicely ecchi and interesting enough it can be summoned through a earing while Ichika's is through a bracelet. Nice fan service of Cecillia. Hilarious part where Houki and Cecillia argue over Ichika although Cecillia was the first one to push out Houki and run towards Ichika, he really won her over.
Humorous enough to mention at how Houki barged in between Cecillia and Ichika during the group picture taking. Guess it is shown rather well despite being cliche that Ichika can't take the heat from hearing Houki undress and change. Interesting enough there is object censoring in this series, too bad but it just means more reason for a BD re-watch. Looks like the situation is getting awkward between Houki and Ichika as they are going to sleep. I liked the flashback of when Ichika has a IS react to him, what's interesting about it is that it shows 3 females being witnesses of that event.

Fang was also interesting in that she wanted to live with Ichika in the same room and of how quickly she summoned partially her IS's arm. Rather nice to have seen Houki's IS. Always good to have a second childhood friend for guaranteed conflict between them. Houki was rather shown extremely jealous of not only Cecillia but also of Fang. Anyways good episode again and it was fun.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 20, 2011 9:29 PM

Apr 2010
Where's jelly coming from?

Jan 20, 2011 9:43 PM

Oct 2010
Inarius said:
A marvelous show of how your skills are master like. Nice doing all these it was quite fun, especially the Cecillia VS Houki one. ROFL! I do agree the Gundam reference is nice and I even mentioned something reminding of Gundam but a specific series, so anyone has a particular Gundam series they remind themselves of? So far I am just hearing Wing Gundam rings.

Jan 20, 2011 10:40 PM

Oct 2010
Waaaa!!! Fang is so cute!! Ahahaha!!

Can't wait for teh subbed version ugghhh. X____X
Jan 20, 2011 11:51 PM

Feb 2008
Jan 20, 2011 11:54 PM

Oct 2010
Veronin said:
ROFL! That was most towards fan service of Cecillia that is not censored, was it not?

Jan 21, 2011 12:20 AM

Oct 2009
Veronin said:

Jan 21, 2011 12:23 AM

Jan 2009
Now, first of all, I'm very much annoyed at the food they have at the academy. If only all schools and academies served the same kind of food. D:
And secondly, Ichika just dropped a few levels of awesome. I thought he seemed kinda cool in the beginning, but it turns out he was just a regular, generic harem male lead after all.
Also, so far, Rin > Houki > some random no-names >Cecilia.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 21, 2011 12:44 AM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Now, first of all, I'm very much annoyed at the food they have at the academy. If only all schools and academies served the same kind of food. D:
Why can't they just fly off in their IS towards some restaurant? I am sure they could manage it somehow.

Jan 21, 2011 12:47 AM

Sep 2007
Ralem said:

DAT ASS HNNGGGGGGGG lolz

Man this guy's harem is just rapidly growing. If this is a 24 episode series then perhaps they can have a girl per episode but if it's only 12... then I'd rather they start some semblance of plot but I doubt that's going to happen.

Oosran said:
And secondly, Ichika just dropped a few levels of awesome. I thought he seemed kinda cool in the beginning, but it turns out he was just a regular, generic harem male lead after all.

inorite. I thought he'd be a pretty cool dude but I guess not. We need a harem lead like Rance. He'd totally pwn everyone.
Jan 21, 2011 12:53 AM

Jan 2011
It looks like Cecilia Alcott is now a conquered tsundere.

Ralem said:
I could happily go without that kind of fanservice.
Jan 21, 2011 1:05 AM

Jul 2009
kuroshi_nazo said:

Ralem said:

better than the pantsu shot in Kore wa zombie desu ka

OT: i loved the "U Jelly" moments
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jan 21, 2011 1:50 AM

Feb 2010
kuroshi_nazo said:

that was really quick change of attitude :P
Jan 21, 2011 2:36 AM

Sep 2009
I don't care if this is generic, this show cracks me up.
Jan 21, 2011 2:42 AM
Jun 2008
a second tsudere and the china BGM is very lol

nice episode,hope next will be enjoying as well and the end song is still 3 people running, it should have increase by one. ><
Jan 21, 2011 2:53 AM
Jul 2018
I only have two things to say:

Obvious harem is obvious

Naive Ichika is naive
removed-userJan 21, 2011 2:57 AM
Jan 21, 2011 2:54 AM

Apr 2008
lol! pretty cool~ cant wait for the next episode xD

Jan 21, 2011 3:11 AM

Nov 2010
Bah... It was a meh episode. Seems like this anime is losing momentum, at least for me.

But at least one thing is good for me...

CECILIA IS NOT A TSUNDERE!

YES! This means I can love her as much as I want without feeling bad about it! Meaning if she was a tsundere, I'd pretty much be feeling tsundere for her as well. >_>
Jan 21, 2011 3:20 AM

Oct 2009
Fucking jelly Ichika.

This is like TWGOK.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2011 3:46 AM

Jan 2010
total enjoyment of this series .
Jan 21, 2011 3:49 AM

Jul 2010
Rin is such a tiny cutie. Love how all the other girls are jealous and are spying on the whole situation. =P

Really nice to see the way it turned out with his entrance exam. All of this happened because he got lost on his way there! Lucky bastard! Three girls in a catfight over him and of course he's too clueless to notice. Figures. >.<

Wait for it... wait for it... ah, there it is! What would a grade school childhood friend be without a "remember our promise?". -_-
Of course he doesn't understand it, he's a clueless harem lead after all. Now both girls hate him for it! xD

What's with the cliffhanger? We all know he's gonna lose anyway!

Nice episode though. =P

Jan 21, 2011 3:54 AM

Jan 2010
Tsundere, tsundere 2, ojou-sama.
Hmm... nice harem there.
Jan 21, 2011 4:08 AM

Aug 2010
Yes, another cute girl. Now we just need Ichika to not be a wuss. Still enjoyable though.
Jan 21, 2011 5:33 AM

Feb 2009
So bland and generic. Yet it's fun to watch.
Also, why are the girls wearing school swimsuits when there's no pool? :3
Jan 21, 2011 5:47 AM

Sep 2009
belatkuro said:
So bland and generic. Yet it's fun to watch.
Also, why are the girls wearing school swimsuits when there's no pool? :3

you should know that by now m8 X3...there's but only one reason for that

Jan 21, 2011 6:05 AM

Feb 2009
Inarius said:

Your post, sir, is better than the whole episode.
Jan 21, 2011 6:20 AM

Nov 2010
I like that some of the characters are from other countries. Also who wears a kimono in this day and age? Actually when you watch an anime,some of the characters in modern settings wear clothes that are out of date.
Jan 21, 2011 6:46 AM

Aug 2009
I can't even count how many facepalms I did in this episode because of Cecilia.
I headdesk-ed once, when the Ichika-butt appeared.

Lin Yin is a nice character. Genki tsundere mysterious girl? LIKE.
She's been conquered but according to the ED, not yet...
Hoping for great battle scenes next episode.
Jan 21, 2011 6:52 AM

Jan 2010
Great. Another harem master-I mean protagonist- who has no clue that he has a harem -_-

Good introduction to Fang.
Dudewitbow said:
kuroshi_nazo said:

Ralem said:

agreed
Jan 21, 2011 6:58 AM

Feb 2009
Dudewitbow said:

Pssh, you clearly don't know awesome fanservice when you see it. Nothing is better then the Masou Shoujo Ayumu in Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka! Nothing I tell you!

As for this... I'm going to be annoyed in Fan wins, we need our male lead to at least get some form of victory under his belt. And I must admit, I really don't care for Fan very much, something about her just rubs me the wrong way.

Anyways, hoping for more awesome fight scenes next week!
Jan 21, 2011 6:59 AM

Mar 2008
So Cecilia already crazy about our hero. How could it be otherwise.
There was another girl (Cuuute), Ichika probably promised that he would marry her... It's all a little weak.

Hmmm I was wondering when that happens.

Strange that they are so late.

Jan 21, 2011 7:00 AM

Jan 2009
nice episode, now waiting for next episode where their will be aerial battles again
Jan 21, 2011 7:31 AM

Nov 2009
An enjoyable episode, nothing really special about it, but enjoyable. I hope the series doesn't become a lot more serious, I'd prefer if it stays the simple school harem type series.
Jan 21, 2011 7:31 AM

Jun 2010
Even though this episode was generic as hell, I couldn't help but smile and laugh the whole time X3

Im liking the new girl Rin, maybe even better than Houki. Now we have two tsunderes in the show and both are childhood friends of Ichika. Lucky bastard :3
Jan 21, 2011 7:40 AM

Apr 2010
I am even more annoyed with the male lead as i was last week how can he be so incredibly stupid.
His lack of intelligence and common knowledge is just frustrating to watch.
He really deserved that slap from Rin and i feel sorry for that girl that she had to fall for such a guy, he doesn't even understand such a easy hint.

This episode was fine tho.
I liked watching Cecilia and Houki fighting with each other, tho the change in Cecilia is a bit to much.
Letting the male lead become class representative wasn't a good move fro Cecilia and i am surprised there aren't more people objecting to it, his lack of knowledge could become a real problem in such a position.

The new girl seemed interesting, tho a bit of a show off.
And i wonder what the fight will look like next week i hope she beats some sense into the male lead so he finally starts using his brain.

Houki looked great in that without her tail, and in her training outfit.
Jan 21, 2011 7:44 AM

Nov 2008
It was an ok episode, not exactly what I was waiting for but it was not bad either. At least Cecilia got off her high pedestal, I did not like her attitude in the first episode. I'm still not sure on my feelings about this turning into a harem, especially with this guy that is totally dense.
Jan 21, 2011 7:57 AM

Mar 2008
It is already a harem. I think this is a textbook example of the harem, a silly boy and a group (full school) of girls. Most likely at the end of the series he realizes... something like "Wait, you're like me? why did not you tell?"

Jan 21, 2011 7:58 AM

Nov 2008
It`s more a harem than a mecha. Hoping for more battles in this tournament.
Jan 21, 2011 8:08 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Another Childhood friend appears. As far as it is atm, it's going further into the harem genre, with a small amount of mecha.

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Jan 21, 2011 8:26 AM

Jan 2011
Come on, I want more fights nao! T_______T
Jan 21, 2011 8:31 AM

Aug 2008
Ugh! This is bad, really bad. Short of Cecilia's hawtness I don't care for any aspect of any of these characters. Thank goodness there's a fight coming because the harem aspects of this show are killing me.

Jan 21, 2011 8:51 AM

Jul 2010
Wow life would be so easy if chicks were as easy to read as anime ones. : p
Jan 21, 2011 8:58 AM

May 2010
I think the show will be shifting every episode from mecha to harem then back to mecha and so on.

I was really surprised that Cecilia suddenly changed her personality. >.<

Rin is really likeable but still something's lacking. :/

Her IS really reminded me of Gurren from CG due to the colors.

Also, the girls are getting hotter. :D

I hope the next mecha fight is going to be good.
StormViruzJan 21, 2011 9:05 AM
Jan 21, 2011 9:09 AM

Jan 2011
People keep complaining about how dense Ichika is...thats the only way that this Harem will work. Otherwise we will get another School Days moment where he realizes the girls like him, and becomes a man whore. Ichika is not a pushover, he's just naive...but can you blame him?

He's surrounded by a whole school of girls ready to fuck him, and the main girls who truly love him would NEVER let him sleep at night if he chose one of the others. Jealousy is a bitch, and it can kill you( ain't that right makoto)

One really nice plot device would be if we found out he really does know the girls like him, but chooses to act dense to keep himself out of trouble.
Jan 21, 2011 9:35 AM
Apr 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
People keep complaining about how dense Ichika is...thats the only way that this Harem will work. Otherwise we will get another School Days moment where he realizes the girls like him, and becomes a man whore. Ichika is not a pushover, he's just naive...but can you blame him?

He's surrounded by a whole school of girls ready to fuck him, and the main girls who truly love him would NEVER let him sleep at night if he chose one of the others. Jealousy is a bitch, and it can kill you( ain't that right makoto)

One really nice plot device would be if we found out he really does know the girls like him, but chooses to act dense to keep himself out of trouble.

yes to that! or else this will be one vs 466... there are 467 is around there...i think, he would not want all of those coming at his throat...
Jan 21, 2011 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
i like how they kept switchin to a very oriental sounding background music whenever Rin had an important scene, it sounded realy cool, hope they keep doing that for her...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jan 21, 2011 9:45 AM

Jun 2009
This looks like a rehash of all the cliches from a harem anime.

...and the reviews on this were so harsh lol but I do know where they are coming from. Still couldn't get used to the type of mecha in this anime (seriously, they should have made it a full body mech) and the main character is another meh but I'm still gonna watch this for the battles.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.