Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 3, 2010 8:12 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sacrifices... and Touma is pissed!

Summary
tsubasaloverDec 3, 2010 11:14 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 3, 2010 11:49 AM

Nov 2008
It's an ok episode.

Looks like Touma will be fighting Oriana next episode.

Dec 3, 2010 11:50 AM

Oct 2010
Good episode about what Oriana can do in terms of nasty traps such as using elementals as in the beam traps looked like the light element and the earth ones were of that spike ball with the huge mud slide whom Touma did a magnificent job of dispelling but the worst was the back fire towards Magnus when he tried to track down Oriana. Rather nasty since he could have burned to death if Touma did not save him. As for the rest of the first half, it was very enjoyable OST at some points and Tsuchimikado's wound is rather nasty! Really nasty.

For the second part, Touma saves another girl, which I wonder if she will be a new character or just another random one. Misaka Railgun again, heck yeah! However, I must say I loved Misaka Mikoto's reactions especially the following one:

that was the best of bests for Misaka x Touma! I as a fan am very satisfied with that moment. Poor Fukiyose being hurt by Oriana! K, that Oriana is now going to get a Touma beating and I fully team up again with Touma despite my disliking of Touma's other female target against Oriana. Beauty needs a Touma fist! She will not get away with hurting the Fukiyose! Fukiyose being is far better with her breasts than a older one like Oriana IMO.
Yumekichi11Dec 3, 2010 12:51 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 3, 2010 1:58 PM

May 2009
Yay! Touma can finally punch another girl next episode!
Dec 3, 2010 2:22 PM

Jun 2010
I liked Fukiyose, seeing her collapse wasn't nice. Misaka's face with Touma was priceless as always.

Tsuchimikado is awesome. Any episode involving him I fully endorse. I'm not gay, but if he was real, I might be. Shame he coughs up blood anytime he uses magic, would love to see his real fighting potential. But his martial arts seems to be pretty ace itself.
Dec 3, 2010 2:28 PM

Apr 2010
Stiyl sacrificing himself for that spell truly shows his dedication as a magician.
Oriana involving people who have nothing to do with her objectives is very selfish of her.
And Fukiyose getting hurt because of that is very sad she was working so hard as a committee member and to let everyone enjoy the event.
The Touma and Misaka misunderstanding moment was nice to watch, i really love Misaka's face when she is shy.

Also there school event gives extreme sports a new meaning.
Dec 3, 2010 2:30 PM

Apr 2009
Just like in the novel. <3
But some moments seemed really...derp...lol

Dec 3, 2010 2:37 PM

Jul 2008
Kingwel said:

But some moments seemed really...derp...lol

Yep
Dec 3, 2010 2:50 PM

Apr 2010
I will never get tired of Misaka x Touma moments, Misaka's faces are always priceless during these scenes.. poor Fukiyose, but I would preferred if it was Misaka in her position.. X3

lol, looks like Touma's falcon punch and sermon is already set to make another appearance.. orz
Dec 3, 2010 3:08 PM

Oct 2009
Man... Fukiyose...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2010 3:10 PM

Jan 2010
viral_hun said:
Dec 3, 2010 3:31 PM

Nov 2009
lol, second half was good. I felt like i was watching what i thought made season one awesome.
Less fanservice, more magic, and Misaka made this episode one of the best so far.
(Excellent 9/10)
Oh wow it is the highest i have rated an episode yet -.-
Dec 3, 2010 3:44 PM

Sep 2009
Dec 3, 2010 3:50 PM

Nov 2008
Loved the Misaka x Touma moment. Next episode Touma´s revenge for Fukiyose!

Inarius said:

Lol! Not a loli but it´s a woman.
Dec 3, 2010 3:50 PM
Jun 2010
viral_hun said:
tinman21 said:
lol, looks like Touma's falcon punch and sermon is already set to make another appearance.. orz

oh yeah XD
Don't disappoint me touma!
Dec 3, 2010 3:52 PM

Sep 2009
DuroDeMatar said:

Inarius said:

ever since the loli nun moment, he became Touma 'the loli puncher'....therefore, every other girl/woman he hits is automatically considered as a loli
Dec 3, 2010 3:55 PM

Nov 2008
Inarius said:
DuroDeMatar said:

Inarius said:

ever since the loli nun moment, he became Touma 'the loli puncher'....therefore, every other girl/woman he hits is automatically considered as a loli

Haha ok, thanks for the info. (Now besides the image breaker it´s a loli converter.)
Dec 3, 2010 4:40 PM

Dec 2009
great episode

I already love this arc^^
yuno6.jpg
Dec 3, 2010 4:42 PM

May 2010
This Anime is heading into the direction of Elfen Lied...

Did anyone noticed Touma called Misaka by her name instead of Biribiri?
ConfuciusDec 3, 2010 5:24 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 3, 2010 4:56 PM
Jul 2009
Tight episode I want to catch what heppens in the manga. Funny Toma and Misaka moments.
I kind of wish that laughing girl from the girls team was in Fukiyose's place. But then Tomo would have as much of a burning reason for getting rid of the crazy blond.
Dec 3, 2010 5:00 PM

May 2009
Confucius said:
Which is what direction exactly?

I'm finding this arc interesting and fun. Expecting some nice fights to come. Mikoto was so moe this episode I nearly died.
Dec 3, 2010 5:23 PM

May 2010
stAtic91 said:
Confucius said:
Which is what direction exactly?

I'm finding this arc interesting and fun. Expecting some nice fights to come. Mikoto was so moe this episode I nearly died.

Women getting abused and viewed "weak"

Yes, I also agree with Mikoto
Dec 3, 2010 5:30 PM

May 2009
Awesome eps ^.^

Misaka face is priceless <3

And I'm waiting for Tsuchimikado to show off..
Although Touma will end this with his fist :X
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Dec 3, 2010 5:37 PM
Jan 2010
I love how Styil and Tsuchimikado just use Touma as a human shield without caring if he blocks it or not. I bet he felt like a right idiot when he realised it was the wrong pole but oh well it made more ToumaxMikoto and with her attacking him only a little and her having a nice reaction to him getting close
Mikoto's railgun seems kinda weak considering the poles whitere only damaged instead of being blown in half.
Dec 3, 2010 5:42 PM

May 2010
Dan777 said:
I love how Styil and Tsuchimikado just use Touma as a human shield without caring if he blocks it or not. I bet he felt like a right idiot when he realised it was the wrong pole but oh well it made more ToumaxMikoto and with her attacking him only a little and her having a nice reaction to him getting close
Mikoto's railgun seems kinda weak considering the poles whitere only damaged instead of being blown in half.

Not sure if she used coins for that railgun. Also if it was blown up, it would hurt Touma
Dec 3, 2010 6:05 PM

Oct 2010
nice episode ^_^ haha, Kongo is in it too

illusion breaking is now considered loli punching
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Dec 3, 2010 6:33 PM

Aug 2010
His hand should be renamed Loli Breaker.
Dec 3, 2010 7:41 PM

Nov 2008
I love it when Misaka blushes, her face is all red like a cherry LOL

Looking forward for the next woman to be punched >:D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 3, 2010 7:58 PM

May 2008
Dammm Misaka's face is so red it made me laugh XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 3, 2010 8:01 PM

Jun 2010
Confucius said:
Dan777 said:

Not sure if she used coins for that railgun. Also if it was blown up, it would hurt Touma

She probably held back on that then.
Dec 3, 2010 8:38 PM

Apr 2008
While I like the variety, magic spells in Index are always really hard to follow, I feel. I don't know if I'm missing some fundamental aspects or they really are just so full of techno (magico?) babble. Can someone explain what she's doing special with this shorthand technique that's so different from every other incantation, spell circle, or whatever?
Dec 3, 2010 8:55 PM

Jun 2010
Bio said:
While I like the variety, magic spells in Index are always really hard to follow, I feel. I don't know if I'm missing some fundamental aspects or they really are just so full of techno (magico?) babble. Can someone explain what she's doing special with this shorthand technique that's so different from every other incantation, spell circle, or whatever?

She has a notepad with pre-written spells on it. She can tear off the paper to activate the spell instantly for traps and other evasive spells and such(among other things, as shown), the catch is she can only use each spell once, since it's not a proper "magic book" as they call it.
Dec 3, 2010 9:10 PM

Jun 2010
Inarius said:

Hahahahahaha.....thank you Inarius your awesome dude, awesome
Dec 3, 2010 9:41 PM

Apr 2009
I know it will never happen, but I would really love to see Misaka go all Railgun on Oriana.
Dec 3, 2010 9:54 PM

Mar 2010
Not the greatest episode but pleasing as it was. I liked getting to see Komoe-sensei again, however that only lasted a minute or so. (-.-) (Index as well, now that I think about it) I loved the Misaka and Touma scene on the field. Very clever! Poor Fukiyose being thrown into a situation that was the exact opposite of her goal! (Y.Y) Next week looks like we might pick back up again! Looking forward to the next!
Dec 3, 2010 10:21 PM
Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
As for the rest of the first half, it was very enjoyable OST at some points and Tsuchimikado's wound is rather nasty! Really nasty.
Yumekichi11 said:
Poor Fukiyose being hurt by Oriana! K, that Oriana is now going to get a Touma beating and I fully team up again with Touma despite my disliking of Touma's other female target against Oriana. Beauty needs a Touma fist! She will not get away with hurting the Fukiyose! Fukiyose being is far better with her breasts than a older one like Oriana IMO.
If you found that nasty, wait till next episode, casualties aren't over. (It should be next episode, I think.)

I won't spoil it but you'll get more reasons to support Touma's judgment punch.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 3, 2010 10:37 PM

Jun 2008
I'm very pleased with this week's episode....A LOT BETTER than the nonsense from last week.

It seems like every female in this anime gets the shit beaten out of them on a regular basis...

I'm looking forward to next week, and my impression of Index II is slowly getting better and better.

Who knows I might actually give this a 7 or 8....as compared to the first episodes which were GOD HORRIBLE.
Dec 3, 2010 10:41 PM

Feb 2010
alexcampos said:

It seems like every female in this anime gets the shit beaten out of them on a regular basis...

Only the ones that act like a bitch and with what Oriana has done, she qualifies for an Imagine Breaking fist in her face.
Dec 3, 2010 10:46 PM

Sep 2007
The whole scene with Misaka and Touma was just plain ass stupid as hell. Instead of repeating "IT'S DANGEROUS OVER THERE COME OVER HERE" multiple times, Touma could've just said "DON'T TOUCH THAT MOTHERFUCKING POLE" and just ran up to it and checked it which will inevitably result in Fukiyose not getting pwned. But of course, for the sake of pandering to the audience, they had to showcase Misaka's tsundere at least once.
Dec 3, 2010 11:11 PM

May 2010
That hot woman thomson is really good at setting traps!!

Dec 3, 2010 11:16 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
The whole scene with Misaka and Touma was just plain ass stupid as hell. Instead of repeating "IT'S DANGEROUS OVER THERE COME OVER HERE" multiple times, Touma could've just said "DON'T TOUCH THAT MOTHERFUCKING POLE" and just ran up to it and checked it which will inevitably result in Fukiyose not getting pwned. But of course, for the sake of pandering to the audience, they had to showcase Misaka's tsundere at least once.

I agree the whole scene was unnecessary and another example of this show damn near destroying Mikoto's reputation by making her look like a complete IDIOT at times.

I don't mind the occasional blushing scene between them, but that was VERY ridiculous.

One of the big reasons why I came to like Railgun more than Index, is because Mikoto is a completely different person when she's not around Touma, she's more badass, she more down to earth, and overall she's a better character when she's not acting like an overused Tsundere.
Dec 3, 2010 11:20 PM

Apr 2010
Bio said:

yeah it was hard to follow in this episode, though it's tough to say whether it's a translation issue or what. The gist I got is that she imparts some knowledge of magic onto paper by shorthand writing, which involves two things. First, the paper serves as the caster rather than the magician. Second, she imparts analysis of the current situation and decision-making rules to the paper. The way I interpret it is that she's created something like a "sentry", which follows basic rules to perform different magic based on the situation. If I'm interpreting it right, it seems really interesting in contrast to magic like Stiyl's, which takes prep work in a given area.

Overall a really good episode, but Tsuchimikado looks better with his Hawaiian shirt. I definitely liked seeing many different kinds of magic used instead of the same thing over and over. Misaka was lots of fun too.
Dec 3, 2010 11:46 PM

Feb 2010
Wasabi said:

this.
Dec 3, 2010 11:47 PM
Nov 2008
Holy shit, why did this anime become full of animation mistakes? Are they saving the budget for another arc or why? Because To aru is a big franchise and it is strange that J.C. seems to not care about the quality of this show.
Dec 3, 2010 11:57 PM
Jul 2009
alexcampos said:
Wasabi said:

I agree the whole scene was unnecessary and another example of this show damn near destroying Mikoto's reputation by making her look like a complete IDIOT at times.

I don't mind the occasional blushing scene between them, but that was VERY ridiculous.

One of the big reasons why I came to like Railgun more than Index, is because Mikoto is a completely different person when she's not around Touma, she's more badass, she more down to earth, and overall she's a better character when she's not acting like an overused Tsundere.

Honestly I thought it made Touma seem like much more of the idiot. For better or worse the scene quickly established that Misaka is having a deredere reaction and is no longer acting rationally. As bad and excuse as it maybe, it is obvious in the context that she at least has one. Meanwhile Touma who is supposedly actively trying to save her is just standing there when he could be moving to loli break the pole.
Dec 4, 2010 12:00 AM

Oct 2010
DuroDeMatar said:
Inarius said:

Yeah that's the good part. It should be "Fuck with my big breasted girl will you bitch?" Let's see how you'll feel after I punch you next episode" Yeah that's it! That's what it should be!
Confucius said:
Did anyone noticed Touma called Misaka by her name instead of Biribiri?
Hey, anything that makes Misaka x Touma is the best. I think Misaka being ready for a kiss from Touma proves a lot more.

alexcampos said:
I agree too but love can you make be a idiot at some points. Some friends of mines are completely different when with a girl, especially with their gf for some of them.
alexcampos said:
Well if the ridiculous leads to a pleasant reaction for fans of Misaka x Touma then it's all good to me I say but perhaps to you if it overspills the soup it's bad.
alexcampos said:
That's because her love is not affecting her, maybe that's why you don't like Touma around Mikoto, it shows a side of Mikoto that is nothing of her badass side at all.
Yumekichi11Dec 4, 2010 10:40 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 4, 2010 1:52 AM

Nov 2010
Inarius said:
DuroDeMatar said:

Inarius said:

Even Oriana? Man if only school sports events were this exciting in real life.
Dec 4, 2010 2:33 AM

Jun 2009
Just like in novel. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 4, 2010 3:10 AM

Feb 2010
it was ok ep as already mentioned the toma x Misaka was fail. Railgun>Index :o
Dec 4, 2010 3:55 AM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
Exactly my thought^^
Touma really isn't the most brilliant guy, I mean for instance he got one useful trait, to dispel magic and esper abilities. But people still need to bloody remind him to use it all the time -.-'

The whole episode was filled with unnecessary forced scenes imho and there was just way too much hypocrite Touma screen time as well.

Bad episode is bad ^^
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by nanajp »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.