Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2010 8:00 AM

Feb 2010
pretty nice episode, the part with the doc testing drugs and stuff on her was very exciting. Hope this keeps up like this and doesnt become boring like the last episodes again.
Nov 5, 2010 8:20 AM

Jun 2009
bigfist said:
and thats the diffrence between ozaki and natsuno
natsuno couldn't kill his friend who he spent less than 3 months with him and died for it
while ozaki killed his wife who he spent more time with her without thinking twice
^Agree

Man he is so cold blooded even it's his wife but that is his only chance to get "Shiki" know to discover their weakpoint.

Nov 5, 2010 8:20 AM

Aug 2008
Aww I felt sad for Kyoko right when she started whimpering. ;_;
Why can't Toshio experiment with someone more annoying? Like Masao or Megumi.
Nov 5, 2010 8:52 AM

Feb 2009
This episode redeemed Shiki for me in one fell swoop. It was kind of slipping a bit after the hiatus but it was just building up in preparation for this part. Brilliant. Showing the regeneration up until the veins and blood itself was just great and outright scary. Toshio in that last part covered in blood just screams madman but I know he's still sane and hurt inside. Now how will they apply the knowledge here to defeat them. Excellent episode.

Oh and Masao getting beat up by Megumi warrants this 5/5, even without Toshio's experimentation.

Question though. Since when did Toshio start calling them shiki?
Didn't he call them okiagari? I know they call themselves shiki but since when did Toshio start calling them in the same name and who told him? I forgot :|
belatkuroNov 5, 2010 8:55 AM
Nov 5, 2010 9:02 AM

Nov 2008
And this is why I normally stray away from shows that are 'likely to contain lots of gore', because I want to spare my soul. Anyhow, watch it or not?
Nov 5, 2010 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
desolato said:
And this is why I normally stray away from shows that are 'likely to contain lots of gore', because I want to spare my soul. Anyhow, watch it or not?

I think that's just about it for the goriness...umm, unless you count another staking to the heart gory? what about desperate self defense from a shiki? I don't think there will be any goriness for a while though.
Nov 5, 2010 9:17 AM

Jan 2010
WHAT THE..
Nov 5, 2010 9:26 AM

Dec 2009
the fat nurse in bikini was the scariest part .
But the expression on Toshio's face at the end was priceless.
Nov 5, 2010 9:57 AM

Oct 2009
He was so cold and aloof while experimenting on her, it was kind of scary. But not like they were very close.

But now they know some of their secrets, so maybe they can slow down the slaughter in the village.

Nov 5, 2010 10:14 AM

Sep 2008
Which chapter in manga that cover the torture ?
I wanna to compare.
Nov 5, 2010 10:28 AM

May 2010
JustRad said:
also

I laughed hard at this.. :D
Nov 5, 2010 10:33 AM

Apr 2008
Fantastic. Through all the slow moments and circling of events obvious to the viewer, this is where Shiki's commitment to focusing on the town's devolution through incident and overall uncharacteristically realistic approach to vampires pays off. This was a powerful episode, and I enjoyed it immensely.

The doctor's behavior is very interesting. His move toward coldness was obvious, but the perspective he must have adopted to carry through with this is... something. It's not simply a matter of abandoning all love for his wife, enduring screams of torture, and giving everything to experimentation. You see, he heard her speak. This is key. Communication was possible. There were other angles to approach the vampire problem. There were important angles. He could have seen in what ways it perverted her perspective, how pervasive the need for blood was, the connection to her old life, and more. A lot could have been done with conversation.

But no, the doctor has devoted himself purely to their injury and elimination. Giving up entirely upon the vampires is not fully unreasonable. He's seen family members attack each other and the death rate in the village is absurd, but it's not at all a trivial conclusion for him to come to.

Anyway, this episode cemented my interest in the series. Hope the rest lives up to it.
Nov 5, 2010 11:22 AM

Dec 2009
fertygo said:
I wanna to compare.

That's in chapter 18 of the manga.
Nov 5, 2010 11:26 AM

Jan 2010
StormViruz said:
JustRad said:
also

I laughed hard at this.. :D

LOL. xD

Oh and, Miss Kirishiki, Lady Gaga called. She wants her hair and outfit back.
Yami-chiiNov 5, 2010 3:33 PM
Nov 5, 2010 11:33 AM
Sep 2007
Best episode in the anime so far. The doc is close to a mental breakdown if he didn't break already. Haven't read the manga so I'm very curious how this will develop.
Nov 5, 2010 11:44 AM
Jul 2010
Insane.....
Like everyone else, I felt bad for her. How could Toshio do this? He lost it, seriously.
Nov 5, 2010 11:56 AM

Sep 2008
lumcolette1993 said:
fertygo said:
I wanna to compare.

Thanks dude.
Nov 5, 2010 12:37 PM

Sep 2010
Autopsy on a vampire.....

And Toshio is pretty hardcore... :D

5/5
Nov 5, 2010 12:45 PM

Dec 2009
Tayloroids said:
...oh my God. That was disturbing, to say the least. But this was a fantastic episode. I fucking love Shiki.

xD OMG! Agree!

Nov 5, 2010 1:02 PM

Nov 2009
Inarius said:
crap...they didn't show when he poured acid on her...i was hoping they would animate that part

godlike episode nevertheless

F*cking fabulous. Best friggen episode of this show to date... Did i mention that was awesome?
(Masterpiece 10) When a episode actually makes me flinch in horroring disgust, that is a very good thing.

I loved how he gradually became insane, and the application of the scientific process on live Shiki research. God that stake scene... O.o
Nov 5, 2010 1:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yukari_Hiwada said:
Awesome. SO FREAKIN' AWESOME.
If it was human, it would be cruel but then his wife was dead. And he took good care of her before she did (or did he?). Killing his undead wife is actually the best decision.
/end rant.

Except the shiki still feel pain, emotion and have their memories intact. Other than the fact that they kill humans, drink blood and are dead, they are pretty much the same as humans. Excuse that they are not human is not really an excuse.

This is deep into grey zone.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 5, 2010 1:15 PM

Dec 2009
fertygo said:
lumcolette1993 said:
fertygo said:
I wanna to compare.

Thanks dude.

You are welcome :D

P.S I'm a girl not a guy ^__^
Nov 5, 2010 1:52 PM

Jun 2010
mel-hime said:
OMG.......the last scenes....with Kyoko...were...very disturbing and sad...i felt terrified at some point....very well done.5/5
Same here. I felt really sad and felt bad just for watching that. Whole hearted depression, everyone dying, wife wakes up as a shiki, using her as a subject, killing her....its all so depressing.
Nov 5, 2010 2:47 PM

Feb 2009
That episode was messed up! Poor Kyoko... I love this episode though.
Nov 5, 2010 2:49 PM

Apr 2009
BRUTAL!!!!!!!
Nov 5, 2010 3:13 PM

Apr 2010
Like you all said it, the episode was truly fantastic! Quite disturbing and gory, but still really enjoyable.
And I didn't feel sorry for Toshio's wife at all, she would have killed far more people, if Toshio didn't stop her.
I can't wait to see the next episode after watching that preview!
Nov 5, 2010 3:38 PM

Aug 2007
I actually loved Kyoko and the couple itself, and seeing her being tortured like that was really disturbing. As we noticed, so far all the shiki haven't lost their true selfs, I believe that goes the same for Kyoko...:( he could have experimented on any other patient, why it had to be her.. ;(
Nov 5, 2010 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
This Show gets better with every single episode,...

at some scenes of the experiments I just thought "What the hell am I just seeing? Experiments with a nearly living/undead person as the object of research?!"
this episode was sick,... but I loved it and I'd like if the Show keeps this up.
Nov 5, 2010 3:54 PM

Nov 2008
He had to do it, dammit!
Toshio looks even more exhausted and he has finally lost it.
I also loved this episode.
Nov 5, 2010 4:13 PM

Sep 2008
My god, my eyes were glued when Ozaki's testing started.
What a man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2010 4:16 PM

Feb 2010
Oh my god. 5/5

I think Toshio managed to go through with it because he doesn't know that Shiki retain there human feelings. To him there just monsters.
Nov 5, 2010 5:07 PM

Aug 2009
Best episode so far for sure. It's good that someone don't mind getting their hands dirty to defeat those Shikis xD

Nov 5, 2010 5:40 PM
Dec 2007
Godly episode. Few characters (in fact, only one in this series) could kill their own abomination-risen wife to help society get rid of such a threat, but this valiant doctor could. All hail Ozaki !

It was kinda sad since we now know that Shikis retain their old personality after death (and thus Kyoko was still the same Kyoko he had loved and wed), still, it had to be done and probably results in the only true good development for the human side since the beginning of the series. Clear, logical and powerful, it was a Hell of an episode script-wise (including the Masao and Megumi scene and the death of the kids' father).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 5, 2010 5:44 PM

Feb 2010
holy sh!t.

... I have never felt sooo horrified watching an anime in my life... and I'm not feint of heart; I've seen gore-fests (elfen lied), psychologically f'ed up (mononoke)...etc, but this took it to another level...

what was f'ed up??

-she could feel everything
-she was gagged
-she was repeatedly tested on
-she was his WIFE
-... and he didn't give a fawk... damn son!

mind-blowing.... genius. this show is phenomenal.

we're witnessing something EPIC people.

I ..... want..... more......
Nov 5, 2010 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
MusashiRose said:
... I have never felt sooo horrified watching an anime in my life... and I'm not feint of heart; I've seen gore-fests (elfen lied), psychologically f'ed up (mononoke)...etc, but this took it to another level...
Go watch Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (When the Cicadas Cry, for English). Sounds like you'd love it.
Nov 5, 2010 6:28 PM

Jan 2010
Dr. House is alpha as fuck
Ok™
Nov 5, 2010 8:19 PM

Aug 2010
wakka9ca said:
Yukari_Hiwada said:
If it was human, it would be cruel but then his wife was dead. And he took good care of her before she did (or did he?). Killing his undead wife is actually the best decision.
/end rant.

Except the shiki still feel pain, emotion and have their memories intact. Other than the fact that they kill humans, drink blood and are dead, they are pretty much the same as humans. Excuse that they are not human is not really an excuse.

wow, which part of killing humans, drinking their blood & being dead is human.

hahaha...you just proved that they arent human, therefore they shouldnt be treated like one... right choice, only a dumbass would miss this opportunity to destory these son of a bitches....

U wanna know who killed his wife...the Shiki killed his wife...she had died 5 days ago

wakka9ca said:
Yukari_Hiwada said:
/end rant.

grey zone???

you just said they kill humans, drink their blood & are dead...

they aint humans, they predators...& they higher on the food chain...they wolf, we rabbits

now ask yourself...
you are a rabbit...the wolfs turned your wife into a wolf...but luckily, faith has given the opportunity to find out how to kill the wolfs...now as a rabbit you have a chose...either you kill your wolf-wife & tell the other rabbits the secret in killing them....or stand there, bitch about how life is a bitch & let your wolf-wife eat your ass...

i think he made the wise chose
Nov 5, 2010 9:15 PM

Mar 2010
It was about time that something interesting happened in the show.
-Another scene of the man with an awesome beard.
-Hell Yeah, Masao is back!
-Awesome fanservice from the nurse(Dayuum)
-And the best part, the experimentation on the Shiki.

It would be amazing to see the rest of the episodes be as interesting as this one.
Nov 5, 2010 9:41 PM

Oct 2009
That shiki experimentation part gave me the creeps.
The doctor officially lost his will to continue being a doctor...

Ohhh, I don't know...

Nov 5, 2010 10:18 PM

May 2010
Oh wow...that got a bit grisly. Oh....Ozaki is one cold ass bastard sometimes. I don't blame him for doing all of that, I would have too, but he didn't show any emotion during it at all.

Also, I love that Masao hasn't show up for ages until now, just to be beaten up by Megumi. :D
Nov 5, 2010 10:51 PM

Apr 2009
Haha Toshio's expression pretty much the entire episode:
=_=
Nov 5, 2010 10:51 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode - probably the best one yet.

I was shaking in m chair because I have a fear of dissecting stuff but that's what makes the episode awesome. 5/5
Nov 5, 2010 11:30 PM

Nov 2007
Doctor's been redeemed in my eyes! Let's hope more episodes are like this and don't drag on with people dropping like flies and Megumi being her usual fucking annoying self.
Nov 6, 2010 12:17 AM

Oct 2009
OMG luved this ep
simply disturbing although i did feel sorry for kyoko
but ye i cannot wait to see the next ep kinda exited lol
Nov 6, 2010 3:03 AM

Feb 2010
Surprised no ones mentioned this creep.

There so screwed =(
Nov 6, 2010 3:10 AM

Jan 2009
Oh, another good-looking nurse, yatta~ (But since she's got a terribly "normal" hair-style, she's a very low priority side character : <)
Anyway, this is just getting better all the time.
What it needed really was some blood and gore.
Oh and moar Megumi. (As well as more of her hitting the creep, whatever his name was.)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 6, 2010 7:44 AM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode !! Really disturbing and i was like o_O!!;

Felt sorry though for her wife :(

and LMAO at this post

aki3chan said:

Now I know that no fangirl would ever fantaize being doctors girlfriend XD

XD
Nov 6, 2010 9:33 AM

Jun 2008
Ah, this episode was disturbing. But than again, I was not expecting anything else of the series. >.< Nice to see the doctor show some backbone and deal with the situation. His wife is probably better off now. He most likely saved a few lives with his morbid action too. Wonder what happens next, maybe Yuki is not cremented after all? Wonder what he is up to when he wakes up? O.o
Nov 6, 2010 9:49 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
KingOmerta said:
wakka9ca said:
Yukari_Hiwada said:
/end rant.

wow, which part of killing humans, drinking their blood & being dead is human.

hahaha...you just proved that they arent human, therefore they shouldnt be treated like one... right choice, only a dumbass would miss this opportunity to destory these son of a bitches....

U wanna know who killed his wife...the Shiki killed his wife...she had died 5 days ago

wakka9ca said:
Yukari_Hiwada said:
/end rant.

grey zone???

you just said they kill humans, drink their blood & are dead...

they aint humans, they predators...& they higher on the food chain...they wolf, we rabbits

now ask yourself...
you are a rabbit...the wolfs turned your wife into a wolf...but luckily, faith has given the opportunity to find out how to kill the wolfs...now as a rabbit you have a chose...either you kill your wolf-wife & tell the other rabbits the secret in killing them....or stand there, bitch about how life is a bitch & let your wolf-wife eat your ass...

i think he made the wise chose

And once again (just like back in Macross Frontier with Vajra vs. Humans) people (i.e. viewers) adopt "human chauvinism" and always the "Us Vs. Them" ideology. You have to notice you don't have to always take the human side in everything. Impartially speaking, what the doctor did is no better than what the shiki did. They were all doing it for survival. However that doesn't remove the fact that it is in the grey zone. Obviously, unless your vision are tainted in black and white....

Based on your extreme assumptions, you can justify a lot of things you may never even think of.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 6, 2010 10:07 AM

Jul 2009
HELL YEAH MEGUMI!! Finally someone slapped Masao :D

Ozaki going nuts! I wonder what Seishin reation when his best buddy has crossed line of morality just to find way to kill shiki?
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.