Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 31, 2010 9:26 PM

Aug 2008
Oww owww.... I thought that Eiji was going to show up in this episode... They only refered to him just once this time... Looks like Niizuma managed to get a one shot or something on JUMP... er... I mean JACK.... Calling Jump Jack is so flying annoyin peps! I dunno why JUMP doesn't really support Bakuman.... Oh well whatever... So then, I really hoped to see Eiji once again today but nope... I guess he was ignored and put more attention into Koogy.... We even had a piece of his songs!!! Oh I guess that was an awesome charac of the anime... showing us that part of life that's left out in a manga.....

I've never realised it before.... But dude, Saiko is a hard worker! Okay I already knew that... But it finally hit me square on my face dude! I finally realised that he has overworked himself just from square one! Since the flying beginning! Always working hard and oversleepin til 2 3 in the morning... Saiko is really somwthing....

I barely remember the sports name idea... But hey... It could have worked! Even better! But maybe that doesn't fit their feel at all... the Two Earths plot is so good... I really liked that manga.... So then while Shuujin worked hard a little bit less with the script and then helped Saiko with the tones... but Saiko trashed a few pages... but I guess Eiji's good inspiration....

The Romance and BROMANCE moments were kewl.... Shuujin and Saiko sharing lots of memorable Summer Holidays moments.... including that Fusion (which made me ROFL big time)... the handshake... helping each other, the coffee... that was so awesome... and also the moments of Saiko+Miho and Kaya+Shuujin... I understand now why Shuujin loves her so much.... Nice episode!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2010 9:50 PM

Jan 2009
Just can't wait for the next episode...
ChidashiOct 31, 2010 9:54 PM
Oct 31, 2010 11:34 PM

Aug 2008
Daithi said:
This episode was alot better than last weeks, mainly because it had a good amount of progression.
So people seem to like the pacing this week, but were calling last week slow when this week actually had less pages animated...

MrHatandClogs said:
This anime has not been backed by Jump, well at least not enough for them to be able to use the Jump name when talking about the magazine/company.

I for one think this is idiotic, especially considering that this whole series centers around Jump, and the fact that they use the real names when talking about other manga just makes it that much more pathetic, imo.

If you can't use the Jump name, why wouldn't you just parody everything else, at least that way it would be funny, and a running gag.
As I explained in the ep 4 discussion, it's simply not a viable option. Jump has direct control over what the manga says about Jumo, while it wouldn't if it gave the anime allowance to use the term. For example, the anime could just say "The current Jump series are rubbish" or "Jump is ruining the minds of kids." While it is obvious the anime would not do it, they potentially could if they had the permission to use it.
Nov 1, 2010 9:32 AM

May 2009
lol and I thought that they had permission to say jump but they decided to do a parody with jack...but nvm it doesn't bother me much. Anyway this is the anime of the year for me. I was worried they would ruin it but so far they are doing the manga justice.
Nov 1, 2010 11:07 AM

Feb 2009
I was hoping to see more of Eiji but nvm.
Kaya's breasts look weird and so is her voice. And her hair. And her face...lol, I sound like everything is wrong with her XD
I liked her interactions with Takagi and Miho though.
They should have spent more moments here focusing on the step by step progress of Saiko and Shuujin on the name they're doing rather than showing what they're eating.
But nvm, what's done is done.
Hattori will appear next episode. Can't wait.
Nov 1, 2010 11:15 AM
Dec 2007
It was a great episode with a lot of developments and character interactions. Really informative, funny and enjoyable, that's what Bakuman. should be all about.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 1, 2010 11:56 AM

Jun 2009
Yay, more awesomeness of manga from an anime >..<!!!!

Nov 1, 2010 12:41 PM

Jun 2009
Siva said:
Ok, what is the deal with Jack and Jump thing? Why are people making such a big deal out of it? Well if it has anything to do with spoiler then don't bother explain it.

The whole story revolves around Shueisha and Jump.

When I hear Jack... Jack Sparrow or Jecht from ff came to my mind and that's really annoying. :D
Nov 1, 2010 12:47 PM

Feb 2010
Bromance all the way.
Nov 1, 2010 1:07 PM

Jan 2010
Man this is getting good!!!

Nov 1, 2010 2:25 PM

Nov 2009
This episode was awesome. I loved the jokes, i was cracking up the whole time. The best part though is that they can deliver that humor along with the dedication they were putting into their work; I was cheering for them the whole second half =P

(Masterpiece 10)
Nov 1, 2010 2:57 PM

Jun 2008
Splitter said:
This series needs to get its ass in gear and fast. I am so sick and tired of it dragging things out. Five episodes in and they are just now calling up Jump? There are ten tankouban out there to adapt. They do not have to worry about running into filler. Fucking hell, Bakuman, GET ON WITH IT!

THANK YOU.

Although on the one hand it is helping me appreciate the work they put into it and it gives the series a more slice-of-life feel, I WANT MOAR HOTBLOODED MANGA DRAWING ACTION.
It just doesn't pump me up like the manga does. :( And it feels like we're never going to get anywhere.

BUT. Even so. This episode was adorable. I'll give it one thing, I don't remember Kaya and Miho's friendship being half that adorable in the manga. And Kaya was so cuuute! I liked her to begin with (unlike most people), but she's way cuter in the anime. And here was me thinking because it's JC Staff they were going to make her 10x more tsundere than she is in the manga like they always do lolol.

And Saiko and Shujin "playing Dragonball". D'aww. xD <3 It's really sweet to see how quickly and how naturally their relationship developed into such a close friendship (despite the rest of the anime going at snail's pace...)

Hattori next episode! 8D Gahh, hopefully there'll be some Eiji as well then.<333
Nov 1, 2010 3:44 PM

Jul 2009
I guess following the manga closely does make it slightly slow paced for an anime but I like it that way.
Nov 1, 2010 8:16 PM
Aug 2010
This ep was great i think this my turn out to be the best anime of the season :)
Nov 2, 2010 12:22 AM

Feb 2010
I'm actually enjoying the pace thus far & I feel this series has been well crafted.

Excellent episode. They are making their dreams come true :D
Nov 2, 2010 3:26 AM

Apr 2010
All work and hardly no play, but this episode was good since they made a lot of progress. Also, Kaya is kinda cute.
Nov 2, 2010 5:38 AM

Jun 2009
I like how they use the term wavelengths
Dragon Ball yeah
Takagi's sleeping bag
Miho in maid outfit ~ Mashiro using white-out lol
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 2, 2010 6:22 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty interesting stories there..

Nov 2, 2010 9:57 AM

Apr 2009
MrHatandClogs said:
Siva said:
Ok, what is the deal with Jack and Jump thing? Why are people making such a big deal out of it? Well if it has anything to do with spoiler then don't bother explain it.

Anyway as for the episode, it was great enough to make me want to see the next one so bad.

They are trying to get their manga published in "Weekly Shonen Jack" magazine, which is a parody of "Weekly Shonen Jump" magazine.

This manga is published in Jump, as well as all the other top hits such as Bleach, Gin Tama, Naruto, etc. etc.

Those manga I mentioned have been turned into anime, and have all been backed by Jump(hence the Shonen Jump above anime titles like Bleach, etc.)

This anime has not been backed by Jump, well at least not enough for them to be able to use the Jump name when talking about the magazine/company.

I for one think this is idiotic, especially considering that this whole series centers around Jump, and the fact that they use the real names when talking about other manga just makes it that much more pathetic, imo.

If you can't use the Jump name, why wouldn't you just parody everything else, at least that way it would be funny, and a running gag.

But now it's just stupid, and will further complicate more episodes in the future.

Hope this helps!

It's not exactly a parody: a piece of writing or music that deliberately copies another work in a comic or satirical way
It's just a fake name, there as a placeholder.
imo "Jump" was replaced with "Jack" because of course, the animation studio can't or won't run each episode by Shueisha first.
With the manga, Shueisha could control what was being written about them.
But for the anime, they probably asked for the names "Shueisha" and "Jump" to be left out, rather than let things be said about them that they might not approve of.
Nov 2, 2010 11:49 AM

Aug 2009
WHAT'S JAN!?

The Fusion bit was the highlight for me =D
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Nov 2, 2010 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
Still, there's like nothing to mention at all, everything is really bland, but it's still not boring for some reason or another.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 2, 2010 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
That "Jack" instead of "Jump" thing doesn't bother me so much. I do find myself enjoying these episodes more and more though. Something about seeing all their hardwork and learning about the process of making manga that just keeps me hooked.
Nov 2, 2010 4:07 PM

Jan 2010
I'm getting major yaoi vibes and I like it. =3
Nov 2, 2010 10:12 PM

Sep 2008
I feel inspired every episode, damn.

Eiji's manga looks like Claymore
Nov 2, 2010 10:50 PM
Jul 2010
MrHatandClogs said:
alexcampos said:
I'm loving this anime more and more every week...

but I won't allow myself to read the manga, at least until the season ends.

You should read the manga first, it's so much better!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love this show, but the manga is soooo good.
Best manga by far!!!

Why???
Why, would Jump not back this anime?

The whole "Jack" thing is garbage, and it's only gonna make later episodes worse...
(don't read this spoiler if you haven't read the manga)

Jump really mucked this one up imo!

They should've done it like all the others, made a Jump Tour special to see what people like and didn't like, and released the series from there.

Then Viz would've simulcasted it, and it wouldn't have taken 3 yrs to get a stateside release, which I'm sure we won't get it for a while.

And, Viz probably won't pick it up now b/c it's not a Jump anime.

Look at Rosario...Funi?
And when did Rosario come out?
Exactly my point.

Though this manga seems to be more popular than Rosario already, so maybe I'll be wrong, hopefully.

I mean look at Cross Game...who woulda thunk it?

Episode was nice, more bromance development, and I'm sorry, but Takagi's crying was very cheesy and unauthentic.

In the manga it had impact, and I even teared up, I was laughing!

Next should be great!!

Urahara Out!!

Hey dude I was confused on this episode. can you summarize it for me and also what happended to the editor that they were talking to at the end of last episode? you know the one that talks funny where is he?
Nov 3, 2010 1:07 AM

Nov 2009
Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that Takagi has possibly the coolest sleeping bag ever seen?
Gangler said:

Yes. TAMNI is the first story ever to portray the Roman Catholics in a negative light. This show destroyed the unblemished reputation of that church.

Next on their list of good names to defame: Richard Nixon.
Nov 3, 2010 5:45 AM

Jan 2010
nice episode, loved the fusion xD
Nov 3, 2010 7:22 AM

Mar 2008
MrBibliophile said:
Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that Takagi has possibly the coolest sleeping bag ever seen?
Nov 3, 2010 8:08 PM

Jun 2010
Pretty good episode.
Like it, can't wait for the next D:
Nov 3, 2010 8:16 PM

May 2010
I'm just loving this series more and more with each episode. My impressions are here http://wp.me/p12uiW-1Ii
Nov 3, 2010 9:51 PM

Aug 2009
FU-SION-HA!

man another great episode (to me it's great) though i noticed they added a few things that didn't happen in the manga, but oh well, it was still entertaining, Takagi was awesome as always, and it's funny how he confessed without even knowing he did xD and Mashiro is hard work as usual; need more Bromance!

next we're meeting Hattori!! :D

Nov 4, 2010 12:04 AM

Jul 2008
like their hard working ... i feel like i wanna do something to be excited and enjoy it like them....
I ts a good thing to be a mangaka

Nov 4, 2010 2:16 AM

Sep 2009
This is getting interesting :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Nov 4, 2010 12:00 PM
Dec 2008
This series solely exists for the japanese to stroke their tiny penises.
Honah in Manga!
Every 4 minutes you get reminded how difficult life in the manga industry is, and I personally don't give a fuck. Weeaboo fodder. Stupid ass show. Done with this
Nov 4, 2010 4:41 PM
Mar 2010
good episode, rhythm is very high, I wonder what will happen for next 18 eps.....
now it needs some epic scene or focus point for increase average level......

next to 6th ep
Nov 5, 2010 10:36 PM

Apr 2009
It was okay~
I liked the jokes and determination that this episode had...
Some parts lost me though, I thinking my interest in this anime is slowly slipping away.
But I do want to see how everything turns out in the end (:
Nov 6, 2010 12:16 AM

Apr 2009
Everyone is so cute!!! Heee :)
Looking forward to next ep...
Nov 8, 2010 1:31 AM

Jun 2008
unlisted said:
I don't know what it is about this show that makes it great but it just is.

Yeah i have a similar feeling. The only logical conclusion is that it is well written.
It also emits a feeling of innocent for some reason. It seems so pure.

The cliffhanger is killing me. I want to see what happens when the visit Jack magazine or whatever.
Nov 8, 2010 6:33 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, OK episode. It was interesting to see all the steps and stuff
Boy time passes quickly in this anime. Moritaka sure has high standards ... he needs to chill IMO :S
Takagi!!! Ahh he's so awesome, he's so nice ... and he's so cute in his sleeping bag lol XD You are soooo my favourite character :P
Nov 24, 2010 1:14 PM

Oct 2010
yea so the manga is finished,but managaka is really a hard job.
Dec 14, 2010 11:28 AM
Mar 2009
M0nicka said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was ok. It closely follows the manga.

I liked some of the jokes. Azuki in maid outfit was so cute. And Shujin packet in his sleeping bag looked like a caterpillar :D

Two Earths sure are interesting, I want to read it in real!! And Eiji's story aswell. Haha :)

Just the Jack instead of Jump will be more and more annoying in next eps...

...mind reader

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jan 1, 2011 11:01 PM

Aug 2009
"FU-SION!" :D

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jan 12, 2011 4:19 PM

Mar 2010
so they finally completed the manga script and they act all nervous it eritates me a little but great episode overall

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 30, 2011 5:47 PM

Aug 2010
their manga actually looks interesting
May 10, 2012 12:15 AM

Sep 2011
Man... making manga is so much work! The time it takes just for one page is unbelievable. xD

This was an enjoyable episode. :)
Aug 15, 2012 2:37 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, it was nice to see them making the manga.
That cliffhanger... damn you!
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 17, 2012 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty awesome drawings!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Nov 23, 2012 3:00 PM

Nov 2011
My childhood is coming back to me:

Dec 18, 2012 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Want to watch the anime about the blind pitcher >.<
May 6, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2012
That was..... amazing.
They worked really hard o.o
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.