Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 7, 2010 6:58 PM

Jul 2008
TomoyoSakagami said:
More Nura less Kana.

Soon you'll even forget about Kana.
Sep 7, 2010 6:59 PM

Feb 2008
Woo, that's what I like to hear.
Sep 7, 2010 8:55 PM

Jan 2009
darkerealm said:
Kana must be an airhead to come up with that kind of conclusion.

well, he looks totally different, he was wearing different clothing, and acts totally different.. I don't think coming to the conclusion that they are in fact the same person would make any sense at all from Kana's perspective at this point. If you think about it, her conclusion, as tough of a blow that it is to poor rikuo, makes total sense at this point.
Sep 7, 2010 11:49 PM

Jul 2009
Ugh, episode full of Kana...
Sep 7, 2010 11:52 PM

Jan 2009
They removed the slow-talking sponsor lady again D:
And... The fuck? They couldn't come up with a more ridiculous design for the "purple mirror"? (No, don't remember it's youkai name, and I don't feel like searching through the episode again to find it.)
Lastly, oblivious Kana is oblivious. Oh lawdy, stop that please. =3=
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 8, 2010 4:31 AM

Nov 2007
mangos said:
darkerealm said:
Kana must be an airhead to come up with that kind of conclusion.

well, he looks totally different, he was wearing different clothing, and acts totally different.. I don't think coming to the conclusion that they are in fact the same person would make any sense at all from Kana's perspective at this point. If you think about it, her conclusion, as tough of a blow that it is to poor rikuo, makes total sense at this point.
Saying he just looks different is an understatement considering they are even physically different. Night Rikuo is nearly two heads taller than Day Rikuo, has smaller different coloured eyes, different coloured longer hair and a deeper voice. There is no way she would easily just come to the conclusion they are the same person. This is not some stupid Clark Kent disguise where all he needs are some bloody glasses. I may not think much of Kana, but this is a case of identity misunderstanding I can agree with since it actually has some solid reasoning behind it.
Sep 8, 2010 9:19 AM

Apr 2008
This show is great and all but...why does it have such a boring character like Kana? Her only function is to faint, do stupid things and be a useless damsel in distress. She adds nothing to the story. Even in this Kana-centric episode, all the other characters were twice as interesting as her. Even those that got 2 seconds screentime.
Sep 8, 2010 9:30 AM

Jul 2008
Jigoku-n3ko said:
This show is great and all but...why does it have such a boring character like Kana? Her only function is to faint, do stupid things and be a useless damsel in distress. She adds nothing to the story. Even in this Kana-centric episode, all the other characters were twice as interesting as her. Even those that got 2 seconds screentime.

That's why Manga Kana > Anime Kana
Sep 8, 2010 10:06 AM

Feb 2008
the obligatory new enemy. i sort of cant take this show seriously anymore though.
Sep 8, 2010 11:23 AM

Jul 2008
the obligatory new enemy. i sort of cant take this show seriously anymore though.

Don't worry, this enemy will remain until the end of the season.
Sep 8, 2010 12:40 PM

Aug 2009
How friggin' heavy is Yuki-Onna 0______o

An okay episode. Got much better with Night!Rikuo. Too bishie for his own good.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Sep 8, 2010 12:54 PM

May 2008
Mormegil said:
wheresthehandle said:
Needs a "Go, go, Waaaaaaka!" loop please

^This.
i second This.
Sep 8, 2010 3:30 PM

Jul 2009
Stupid late question, but who the hell is the narrator??!?? Epic voice
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 8, 2010 6:54 PM

Jun 2010
Nice episode, even in the manga that mirror felt a little more menacing, but eh. It felt like there were a few sexual innuendos in this episode, and of course Kana is clueless.

This is where the story picks up, which is nice and Nura develops even more.
Sep 8, 2010 7:31 PM
Sep 2009
Nayrael said:
Edit: WTF? They're 13? Since when? I thought they were in high school >_>

Nope, they are all 12 and 13. Ok, one certain person is older but we don't know the exact age... it is a closely guarded secret it seems.

o.o.....Episode was six but...What!? 0.o
Click!
Sep 8, 2010 9:31 PM

Jul 2009
SundayThe19th said:
Nayrael said:

Nope, they are all 12 and 13. Ok, one certain person is older but we don't know the exact age... it is a closely guarded secret it seems.

o.o.....Episode was six but...What!? 0.o

what?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 9, 2010 7:52 PM

May 2010
My impressions are here http://wp.me/p12uiW-sR
Sep 10, 2010 4:49 AM

Jan 2009
Jigoku-n3ko said:

She's the Youhime to Rikou's grandfather, Nurarihyon; she's the Wakana to Rikou's father, Rihan ..basically, she's the girl that can't do anything, except be Rikou's love interest XD

Manga spoiler:

If you read the manga, you'll notice some pretty interesting things regarding where Nurarihyon and Rikou took their "love interests" on their "first date."
Sep 10, 2010 7:56 AM

May 2008
I don't like Kana and I don't want her any development with Rikuo~
Sep 10, 2010 8:20 AM

Jul 2008
sayami said:

As far as developments go, this the last arc where she got some development (at least looking at currently released chapters... which is: she didn't get any development or anything what-so-ever for 100 chapters)
Sep 10, 2010 12:48 PM

Mar 2008
MallyMalMal said:
Night Rikuo = H.O.T.
YES. ♥
Sep 10, 2010 7:42 PM

Mar 2008
Nayrael said:
sayami said:

As far as developments go, this the last arc where she got some development (at least looking at currently released chapters... which is: she didn't get any development or anything what-so-ever for 100 chapters)

-sad- I've really taken a liking to RikuoxKana, at least in the bit of the bond that they're forming. <3
Sep 10, 2010 8:13 PM

Jul 2008
Mimi_Taylor said:
Nayrael said:
sayami said:

-sad- I've really taken a liking to RikuoxKana, at least in the bit of the bond that they're forming. <3

Well, you'll see some kana, but she probably won't have any developement before the end of this act.

Between RikuoXKana suck, vote RikuoXYura now.

Anyway I finaly watched this episode and here what I think: MEH.
The mirror monster was not scary in the manga, but it didn't had such a stupid look, let's say he was a bit more menacing.
The art in the anime is so so when one of the thing that make this manga awesome is the art. They somehow made Kana less interesting (And I seriously wonder how they did it). They gave a tsundere an unfitting shy voice and the animation is so so as well.

Probably a lack of budget which is sad, Nurarihyon should have goten way more because it's awesome :(.
AlycenSep 10, 2010 8:18 PM
Sep 10, 2010 9:48 PM

Jul 2010
i can't believe the people complaining about the art of the anime, for me it's fitting and great, they gave the characters ''SOUL'' and i totally love the anime as it is.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Sep 10, 2010 10:25 PM

Sep 2009
Nayrael said:
Thought the same. Human Rikuo is the only one who looks 13.
Sep 11, 2010 2:46 AM

Jul 2008
hey somehow made Kana less interesting (And I seriously wonder how they did it).

Simple: they removed some funny faces she made and removed many monologues from her. In other words, they removed all the stuff that made her interesting.
Sep 11, 2010 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
AmberFebruary said:
i can't believe the people complaining about the art of the anime, for me it's fitting and great, they gave the characters ''SOUL'' and i totally love the anime as it is.

Read the manga, you'll see quite fast that the art is far better here.
Sep 11, 2010 6:51 AM

May 2008
Nayrael said:
sayami said:

Good, I'm relieved~
Sep 11, 2010 6:59 AM

Jul 2010
Dandere-chan said:
AmberFebruary said:

Read the manga, you'll see quite fast that the art is far better here.

I've already read the manga and still is a fan of the art of the anime, of course the manga has it's own beauty, but the anime made it more splendid, it's different when colored and moving rather than static, and i like the changes they made.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Sep 11, 2010 7:15 AM

Jul 2008
As far as art goes, both anime and manga have good points IMO. Manga is a bit more cartoony and is inspired to some extent by ancient Japanese art while anime art is more colorful and more fitting for an anime (for just animated manga art would probably more often look weird then not).
Sep 11, 2010 10:39 AM

Jul 2008
Nayrael said:
As far as art goes, both anime and manga have good points IMO. Manga is a bit more cartoony and is inspired to some extent by ancient Japanese art while anime art is more colorful and more fitting for an anime (for just animated manga art would probably more often look weird then not).

Still don't change that the animation suck.
Sep 11, 2010 9:30 PM

Jul 2010
Dandere-chan said:
Nayrael said:

then don't watch it dandere-chan, if it bothers you so much make an anime of it yourself cause some of us are enjoying what studio DEEN is giving it.
Sep 12, 2010 6:27 AM

Jul 2008
AmberFebruary said:
Dandere-chan said:
Nayrael said:

then don't watch it dandere-chan, if it bothers you so much make an anime of it yourself cause some of us are enjoying what studio DEEN is giving it.

That's the typical answer of a fan that is butthurt by someone's comment about a show they like.

I'm statting what the show is, if I intended to drop it I wouldn't be in this thread since age ago.
Sep 12, 2010 8:34 AM

Jul 2010
Dandere-chan said:
AmberFebruary said:
Dandere-chan said:
Nayrael said:

That's the typical answer of a fan that is butthurt by someone's comment about a show they like.

I'm statting what the show is, if I intended to drop it I wouldn't be in this thread since age ago.

ok you win. as simple as that. ^^
Sep 13, 2010 9:41 AM

Jun 2009
Actually this is the first episode so far, I enjoyed while watching this series. Great episode. :)

Sep 13, 2010 4:48 PM

Feb 2010
Looks like Kana fell for Night Rikuo =o
Sep 14, 2010 1:43 PM

May 2010
Nice, Kana's birthday party with youkai XD

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Sep 18, 2010 3:34 AM

Jun 2008
Not a bad episode. Mirror demon was pathetic. Rikuo just cut him down in a second.

Hmmm... Kana blushed but seemed ok with the idea of going into a room with night Rikuo and to the staff she thought he was gonna do. You little dirty girl you..

Nayrael said:
I'm not sure if Setsura is her mom though..
but it goes like this I think..
Tsurara = cute
Setsura = hot

We are talking about Snow-women here so Setsura is COLD -_-

Paradoxes, women are good at them. She's cold but she's hot at the same time.
Is something similar on how they can be cute and annoying at the same time also.

So we have new bad guys huh? Hope they prove more of a challenge than the mirror guy.

TechDragon said:
Mormegil said:
wheresthehandle said:

^This.
i second This.

A little late but at-least i made one.
MonadSep 18, 2010 4:37 AM
Sep 18, 2010 4:32 AM

Jul 2009
Kana is sooo clueless,omg>.< she should realized it already:P i hate her,but she looks good with rikuo T.T /it really reminds me to DN Angel-.-/
(thats what i thinkx))
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2010 5:58 AM

Nov 2008
@Monad
OMG that is so awesome! :D
Sep 20, 2010 3:59 PM

Mar 2009
Monad said:

TechDragon said:
Mormegil said:
wheresthehandle said:

^This.
i second This.

A little late but at-least i made one.

Thank you, good sir.
Sep 20, 2010 6:12 PM

Feb 2009
I could listen to this all day and not get tired of it. Thanks Monad ^_^
Oct 4, 2010 7:10 AM

Jun 2010
I don't like the ED ether. but the OP is so awesome except that the end fades away as it ends. This show is getting good from the last ep. It has great animation drawings and I just et suck into this anime world. =]
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2010 5:56 PM

Apr 2010
I hate Kana, she exactly the type of character I despise the most...
air-headed, clueless, too sweet and has tendency to cling on the hottest guy in the series. Only thing that she can do is being harassed by "big scary" demons and waiting with teary eyes for help, I hope in the future will be not scenes like this ... Really even Yura is far more better than her T_T...Well it's a famous cliché that almost in every shonen story is this type of annoying character -__-...
Oct 7, 2010 6:52 PM

Jun 2009
This episode somehow impressed me, since episode 1-9 I was totally WHAT THE...

I felt the goosebumps (during the mirror moments) even though it wasn't considered as a horror/thriller genre

This ones annoys me, Kana: no..since I'm with you, I'm not scared

and since the subs went wrong @17mins onwards (I have a reason to skip it lil' by lil')
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 12, 2010 5:56 PM
Apr 2010
CocoNoelle said:
I hate Kana, she exactly the type of character I despise the most...
air-headed, clueless, too sweet and has tendency to cling on the hottest guy in the series. Only thing that she can do is being harassed by "big scary" demons and waiting with teary eyes for help, I hope in the future will be not scenes like this ... Really even Yura is far more better than her T_T...Well it's a famous cliché that almost in every shonen story is this type of annoying character -__-...

Ditto ;)
Nov 13, 2010 4:14 PM
Feb 2010
I absolutely loved this episode!!!!

~ A woman's determination can move the mightiest of stones~
Feb 5, 2011 1:14 PM
Aug 2009
Pfffffft :D it was epic, especially Yuki Onna's facial expression ;D

BTW, it was great episode, I really love this series right now <3
And, I wonder what this obviously-bad-people would do~
Mar 26, 2011 7:10 PM

Feb 2011
pretty good episode
love the fun scene
looks like new enemy appear
Apr 17, 2011 8:25 PM

Jan 2011
ImNotPro said:
looks like new enemy appear
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Nura's Head Shape

Thorgut - Apr 24

1 by JCSL »»
Yesterday, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deadaccount0000 - Jul 5, 2010

155 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 17, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 6, 2010

37 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Dubbed or Subbed? Witch one is better?

Zmagoo256 - Apr 26, 2020

2 by Mazdite1 »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:15 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bolt_ - Aug 30, 2010

73 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 1, 2023 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.