Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 16, 2011 12:40 AM

Jul 2010
First. An-chan died pretty stupidly. now Setsuko left Mario stupidly with a thank you note after spending a night and after that Jou second rate thug band want to take his voice because he became a vocalist for the first time. are you kidding me. this is the most stupid reason to beat someone, i ever saw. moreover when they were beating him, it was very predictable. i really thought they will try to take his voice and that's what happened.
Jul 20, 2011 5:41 AM
Jun 2010
really good episode. Bit plain though... Lol joes gonna get raped again :(
Aug 27, 2011 1:36 AM

Jan 2011
WHY IS EVERYONE RAPING JOE?!
Sep 13, 2011 1:52 PM

Jun 2008
hottbill said:
WHY IS EVERYONE RAPING JOE?!

Cause he looks like a jailbait no matter how old he gets >.<
Sep 13, 2011 1:54 PM

Jun 2008
Fucking knew it. The moment they showed that bitch in the audience I knew what she wanted with Joe. And damn that mercury swallowing part totally freaked me out.
Feb 29, 2012 9:25 PM

Jan 2009
I almost cried at the part where setsuko is leaving with the car.

Mario took his loss like a man and it made setsuko cry!
Epic stuff
Jun 3, 2012 10:32 PM

Nov 2011
Oh Mario, why you so cool? Anyways, great episode.
Jul 11, 2012 6:04 AM

Mar 2010
i think setsuko will come back to be with mario soon
baremoto was awesome XD
poor joe...his life is so hard
Aug 11, 2012 5:28 PM

Jun 2012
Damn, Mario's face looks exactly like Sakuragi's. They might as well be related.

brass2themax said:
Why does it seem like every single person in the world is out to get these guys? Aren't there *any* good people in the world? Setsuko was the only really good person they ever met, and now she's gone. Seriously.

I feel the same way. Now, I just assume that every person they meet will turn out to be out to get them and use them for their own benefit. So far, I'm right with what's happening to Joe. At least this time, it isn't a guy doing the raping >.>
Aug 21, 2012 12:19 PM

Jul 2011
Takai said:
Fucking knew it. The moment they showed that bitch in the audience I knew what she wanted with Joe. And damn that mercury swallowing part totally freaked me out.

What the hell was up with that?? I thought he was a nice guy then BAM. Wants him to swallow mercury. Poor Joe. :(

And that woman. Ugh. I thought she would be nice like the lady from the wrestling match.
Sep 19, 2012 4:11 PM

Mar 2012
Baremoto became a man. Can't help but feel proud of him.

Also, Joe's life really sucks.
Dec 13, 2012 7:48 AM
Mar 3, 2013 1:13 AM

Sep 2011
Well... she sure beats that old hag any day if that makes this any better.

And its scary how much Mario looks like Rokurouta now. xD
Mar 29, 2013 8:31 PM
Aug 2007
Nice to see a bit of humour in this series with those Baremoto segments..

Sad to see Mario and Setsuko go their separate ways, but then again, there was nothing more to do. It was already too late to change anything at that point :/ Especially in this more realistic anime, where happy endings don't exist.

Also. Godamnit, do decent people not exist in their world?! That band should've been ecstatic to have such a good singer in their ranks (and that was what I was hoping would happen), but then they go and beat him up and if he owes them anything.
And then that other woman comes along and obviously is just using him as a sex tool.. no way am I expecting her to turn him into a star, especially not in three flipping months..

They all need a fresh start... moving to Tokyo would do Joe good too (who knows where his sister is now). He could search for like-minded band members and start his own band..
Apr 5, 2013 11:40 AM
Aug 2011
Oh now were back to square one for Joe. First Mario now Joe, except Joe is 100x worse because he's constantly molested by old hags.
Then those assholes that beat him up. One unlikable character after the next.
Why does this anime keep hating itself? It keeps digging itself into a pit.

Lol at Setsuko and Mario. It even looks like their sex was really boring.
I can't feel sympathy for her departure because all she saw in Mario was Anchan.
What a false sense of love and happiness and with that I say good riddance to Setsuko.
Never show up again please.
Jun 13, 2013 4:52 PM

Nov 2010
I know this path too well from "once a victim, always a victim"
Jun 30, 2013 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
Another good episode.
Jul 1, 2013 8:31 AM

Jul 2011
Why is Joe always the one being used sexually!?
Aug 10, 2013 1:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Mario and Setsuko..;_; of course it didn't go well, but at least they both let it go and moved on. As much as I would've loved to see them end up together, it's more realistic that they don't since we all know how considerate Mario is. He's no longer a fugitive, but he's still got close to nothing compared to Setsuko's fiance (or now her husband), and even if he didn't know about Setsuko's family's situation (needing the money so that her father can keep his factory open), I'm sure Mario felt that there was also another reason as to why Setsuko would decided to marry someone she doesn't love romantically. The part where Mario smiled at Setsuko from the bridge was heartbreaking.

And wow, I didn't know that Joe was working for such assholes...when it was first said that Joe has become an assistant for a band, it sounded great, but I see now that's not the case. Can't believe that vocalist wanted to ruin Joe's voice. Even worse was that he's getting used again, kind of. He acknowledges what his sister told him about how they have to be used to keep living, that's how they are. If Joe keeps thinking this way, then it looks like he is the worst one off among his friends.
Oct 16, 2013 10:06 AM

Jan 2013
Grmo said:
What the hell, I didn't start watching this for romance. This is ridiculous. It's like a hollywood movie or something.
You're statement is so ignorant, I can't even be assed to make any points as to why you're a shithead and wrong as fuck.
Oct 30, 2013 12:35 AM

Sep 2013
o.O RUN RUN RUN!!!!!

Really the rain came and fell that was just lame >.>

His hand :O didn't think it would look that bad.

Undercovered, wow that was hilarious :D

"Shut up! Professionals or amateurs do the exact same thing." What a retort :P

That is not Jazz >.>

Hell yeah Joe!

Joe always get's the short perverted end of the stick, poor guy :(

Was that possibly Joe's sis in the preview :O
Dec 12, 2013 10:56 PM

Sep 2009
Setsuko is a cheater and the true fact remains, why would she sleep with Mario then?
hate women like Setsuko lol meh dropped after seeing this episode
as it doesn't have any more reason to follow at all.
Jan 25, 2014 8:46 PM

Mar 2012
Oh Joe, you've officially become a manwhore. On the good news it's not like he was forced to do it and this time it's not as bad as the old hag from the orphanage (plus he was still a kid at the time >,>). Still, I thought he was better than this : /
Jan 26, 2014 12:08 PM

May 2013
Damn can Joe get a break -_-

Baremoto was funny as hell in this episode, i'm not gonna lie he is becoming one of my favorites in this series. And Mario got to hit ones and then she married the rich guy huh hahaha.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 1, 2014 8:48 AM

Jan 2014
garfield15 said:
Uh, sorry, but wasn't everybody annoyed by how unrealistic MarioXSetsuko seemed and now that they've split up, it's all "What? How could you let her go."

I felt that was completely realistic. Woukd you rather it had been the ill never let you go cliche saying?

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Feb 13, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
First 2/3 of the episode was really boring and cliche romance scenes, and the rest was all right but how Joe got to sing on stage was a little too convenient...

And that jealous vocalist threatening Joe was quite predictable for some reason (I think I just got deja vu from when mario's hand got smashed and figured something similar would happen).

Seriously is there something about Joe that makes older women want to use him for sex? :O
And what about his sister did he even try to save her at all? I don't know what's going on with that.

If it carries on at this poor quality I'll have to drop my rating from 9 to 7 :/
Apr 17, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
rasenshiruken973 said:
First 2/3 of the episode was really boring and cliche romance scenes, and the rest was all right but how Joe got to sing on stage was a little too convenient...

And that jealous vocalist threatening Joe was quite predictable for some reason (I think I just got deja vu from when mario's hand got smashed and figured something similar would happen).

Seriously is there something about Joe that makes older women want to use him for sex? :O
And what about his sister did he even try to save her at all? I don't know what's going on with that.

If it carries on at this poor quality I'll have to drop my rating from 9 to 7 :/

Probably because he looks like a handsome 25 year old, rather than some 16 year old kid... lol :3

Also, I loved the part where he sung!
Apr 26, 2014 11:56 AM

Jun 2011
Eh, loved the song Joe sang.

I don't like the fact Mario touched the woman Anchan never had the chance to, and the fact Setsuko gave herself up to him, when she didn't even really loved him, sure, she liked him, but it stops there, it's Anchan she saw in Mario.

Uncovered finally scored one lol.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 30, 2014 12:20 PM
Jun 2013
So Joe turned out to be pretty weak, he is trying to achieve his goals easiest way - by giving up his ass, pretty disappointed in him..

Overal great episode, especially non-happy ending first half.
Aug 5, 2014 3:05 PM

May 2012
While a joyous, there was also a very sad and a pretty fucked up atmosphere in this episode! Still sad about Setsuko but well those thing happen, but well let's see what's next!
Sep 2, 2014 3:24 AM

Jul 2014
BEST NTR EVER *screams internally

well, kinda expected things'd turned this way...this is not high school romance ugh

Why Joe always raped? Because he is cute :p no, I'm not joking.
ScienceGirlSep 2, 2014 4:23 AM
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Nov 27, 2014 6:11 PM

Jun 2014
O man I don't want to become Uncovered when I grow up...

SetsukoxMario ended with an one-night stand. No comment, I am neutral on this issue. Would love it to happen, but it's not, what more can i say.

Feb 17, 2015 12:34 AM

Nov 2013
So much sex this episode...

Yeah Uncovered got laid! I got a kick out of Uncovered getting paired with that cougar. XD

Looks like Mario lost his virginity too. Setsuko seems like a dirty cheater now for having that one night stand with him.

Wasn't expecting Joe to get beaten up and nearly getting that mercury shoved down his throat. That was brutal.

There's Joe being exploited again. I'm really wondering if that woman is going to keep her promise and make Joe into a star?

Good episode.

8/10

Mar 18, 2015 5:40 AM

May 2014
Oh Goddammit Joe! What the hell. He just gets fucked by every perverted hag in this show, INCLUDING MEN.

Also, that was a pretty anticlimactic end to Setsuko.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 28, 2015 2:21 AM

Nov 2014
No Joe, NOO :/
Mar 31, 2015 4:32 PM

Jul 2012
Joe going back to being used.. Where's his badass side when he needs it?
Apr 12, 2015 11:24 AM

Apr 2014
One of my fav episodes of this anime.
Found the romance between Setsuko and Mario quite depressing (through she probably felt in love with the reflect of Sakuragi rather than Mario true self), bittersweet a bit like the one in 5 centimeters per second.
The finale scenes with his smile and Setsuko's san farewell were pretty solid, much better at least than the kidnapping that some of you suggested.
and the emotional ost was pretty good.

Sayonara Setsuko-san, thank you for everything you've done for An-chan and the 6 other bastards, time to end your moaning and get ahead in your own life. :)
Jun 7, 2015 7:45 AM
May 2012
What.....what the fuck?!?!
I can't accept this. I will not accept this. I....how can Mario let Setsuko go?? Only An-chan, Mario, and me deserves Setsuko. Fuck this shit.
Poor Joe is a living dildo, seriously. At least, the lady this time isn't ugly as fuck.
Thanks, Baremoto, for scoring. Whew, I'll take a break and play some CS:GO.

trfyrktrv said:
One of my fav episodes of this anime.
Found the romance between Setsuko and Mario quite depressing (through she probably felt in love with the reflect of Sakuragi rather than Mario true self), bittersweet a bit like the one in 5 centimeters per second.
The finale scenes with his smile and Setsuko's san farewell were pretty solid, much better at least than the kidnapping that some of you suggested.
and the emotional ost was pretty good.

Sayonara Setsuko-san, thank you for everything you've done for An-chan and the 6 other bastards, time to end your moaning and get ahead in your own life. :)

The OST, man T^T
Jul 23, 2015 7:34 PM
Sep 2011
Some people seemed to think the Setsuko and Mario moments were really cheesy but I really liked them...probably cause I like sad romance lol.

But seriously some people are being way too hard on Setsuko :-/ I mean, come on, she's in love with a dead man! What would you do in her case? All she can do is try and move on, which is what she tried to do by marrying that man. Not to mention that another reason why she's marrying him is so her father's business can be better off. So in other words she had to choose family or love. But even then everyone, and especially Setsuko herself, knew that the love she had for Mario wasn't real since what she actually loved was the Sakuragi in him. There are several moments where Mario looks like Sakuragi but the moment where he confessed he especially looked like him. So personally I saw it as Setsuko giving in because for Setsuko it was almost as if Sakuragi was the one confessing instead. But in the end she knew she was being unfair to Mario, so she ultimately chose to be with the other man instead. If you still say that Setsuko shouldn't have caved in like that then stfu cause it's unrealistic for humans to always make the right choice. Even then you can't forget that Setsuko is one of the only reasons why Sakuragi, Mario, and Turtle were so well off after escaping, so it's unfair to be so harsh on her just because of a choice she made.

Ok I'm done ranting LOL.

Anyways I found this episode enjoyable. It had some sad parts, some funny parts, and some parts that made me really mad. (Five Lemons, that manager lady)

Seriously though poor Joe...it's pretty rare to see a male character getting repeatedly raped. Well...I guess in this case it wasn't exactly rape but you get the point. I really wish he would try resisting for once but he seems to really believe that people like him are meant to be used. How sad :'(
Jul 24, 2015 4:10 PM

Sep 2014
Yea bitch, good thing you did "that" right before the wedding, the girl has to practice you know?
Setsuko>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ishihara>Sasaki. (hate chart)
3rgoJul 24, 2015 4:27 PM
Aug 26, 2015 5:33 AM

Oct 2014
whoa whoa whoa hold on I didn't sign up for a retarded cheesy romance anime
Dec 29, 2015 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
I also like how they move on, and the thing with the band, he should also go to tokyo he has talent
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jan 16, 2016 2:39 AM

Nov 2011
What the fuck Joe, why the hell your life is fucking hard ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jan 17, 2016 1:50 PM

Jan 2010
What I love most about this anime is that it's kinda realistic...in quite many points.
It presents that part of life... i'm actually considering myself lucky to watch this :)

and come on Joe, at least she's a milf, not a 70 yr old man or that old hag, lol

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 7, 2016 6:37 AM

Feb 2013
I feel im starting to lose interes in this anime, which is sad

knew Setsuko would end moving on from Mario, she was just "interested" in him because he looked like Sakuragi, so it wasn't fair being with him, yet she sleeps with him, okay, whatever, they both moved on so nice.

Baremoto throws his dignity away and decides to lose his virginity with a random girl, okay.

and Joe prefeers to keep being used by people, nice.

May 7, 2016 3:42 AM

Feb 2011
Is everyone other than the protagonists in this show a pervert ?
May 8, 2016 9:21 PM

Aug 2015
This show is murdering me.
It's brutal and I love it.
Sep 28, 2016 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
Joe's storyline is really, really grim, I love it. It's really interesting and unique within anime. Next episode I quess well see his sister, yikes.
Jan 24, 2017 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
It's better that Setsuko left, because she whould have always seen An-chan in Mario.
Joe is used again, at least this woman is not too old.
Baremoto almost got raped by that old woman lol, he got a younger one in the end.
Feb 13, 2017 10:31 AM

May 2016
Sayonara Setsko san, and some people say money is not every thing the main issue was money here but it's true that friendship can not be bought with money, well Jou gotta do he always did pull his maness out (≖ᴗ≖)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 11, 2010

132 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

151 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
Apr 19, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Florete - Sep 28, 2010

220 by prozyne »»
Mar 6, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.