MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 63 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood »» Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 63 Discussion

Pages (15) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 63 Discussion
5 out of 5: Epic/0

552 87.07%
4 out of 5: Liked it

43 6.78%
3 out of 5: It was OK

25 3.94%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

6 0.95%
1 out of 5: you just knew I will label this option as trolling~

8 1.26%
Voters: 634

06-27-10, 4:46 PM

1 MORE EPISODE left and another hot anime is cataloged

06-27-10, 4:53 PM

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

I will anxiously await the finale next week, but FMA without a doubt has been an incredible journey.

I will miss it VERY much.

10/10 Manga
10/10 Anime

Simply Amazing.
Momo>Sports>Breaking Bad>Anime

1997 2001 2003 2006 2012 2013

06-27-10, 5:06 PM

Another great episode, ending was very cool

06-27-10, 5:15 PM

Amazing, they actually outdid the manga.

The Greed sacrifice was great, as was Father imploding in on himself and getting pulled into his own gate and of course Ed sacrificing his alchemy for Alphonse.

But what put this one over the top was the way they made much of the second half a loving farewell to Hohenheim. Having the ending credits sequence recut with all of the key Hohenheim/Elric family moments was a great idea, and the scene with Hohenheim's final words at Trisha's grave is absolutely heartfelt.

I don't like to rate an anime series before I complete it, but I'll make an exception for this one. The last episode could be animated using only stick figures and this series will still be a 10 to me.

06-27-10, 5:21 PM

only 1episode left omg omg ;O

06-27-10, 5:23 PM

Even in death that bastard Greed had to be greedy.
Couldn't stand being a badguy.
Had to go out being a Hero.
Amazing episode.

06-27-10, 5:52 PM

nice way to end a great show, they had to kill greed cuz it won't be "natural" to leave a homonculus alive (though Pride is somehow still alive but anyway). Cute way ed's father died, kinda reminds me of Wrath's death. I hoped that ed would do something awesome in FMA:B instead of gathering allies and giving the final blow, but I guess it's too late :/

I give 8/10 cuz the story was dragged for way too long and a lot things in anime are never explained/doesn't make sense + the art is not that great.

06-27-10, 6:06 PM

It was nice that this episode wasn't rushed.

Poor Roy, having the end of the world and then the revival of the world happen in front of you, yet not being able to see anything...

Yeah, that sucks for him.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya

06-27-10, 6:09 PM

Loved it. I cried, I cheered and now I'm looking forward to having Ch. 108 extended. Then, it'll be back to feeling melancholy because the show AND the manga will be over. Note to self: buy DVD'sand manga ASAP to relive the magic.
---
Kotatsu Musings | My Blog | www.jblog.musespeak.com
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv

06-27-10, 6:13 PM

Was I the only one who disliked the scenes involving Greed's sacrifice and Father's death? I thought they were corny and I can honestly say I was laughing when Father was being pulled into the Gate =/ There's something about a cute eyeball-creature being pulled in by cartoon hands that I find funny.

In other words, I disliked the first half of the episode. The second half, with Ed facing Truth and Hohenheim's death were great and I genuinely liked them, particularly Hohenheim. So, the episode gets a 2.5/5 from me, but for the sake of whole numbers, I'll round up to a 3/5.

I'll be sad when this is all over, though. FMA and Durarara - the two series I've been closely and avidly following since they started - completed within a week of each other means I'll have to find another series to be excited for =_=;

06-27-10, 6:27 PM

supersayen said:
Pride is somehow still alive

No, Pride the homunculus is dead. Ed saved the original Selim's soul and gave him his original body back. Apparently doing this reverts the body back to a fetus, though, which I don't really understand.

06-27-10, 6:28 PM

Gazandoom said:
SenseiBanzai said:
Fatories said:
Final rating: Epic/10

nough said.

Thanks god they remade it cause its nowhere close to what the old one was...

Hopefully we will see again something as good as this anime

Agreed, this ending was much better than the ending they had in the first anime.

I disagree, the 3 last episodes of the old series were perfect, in one of them it even had music of Beethoven!
But in this series it was excelent too, only think Father was taken down to fast, even Fuher appeared much more.

Still, Best anime Ever without doubt.

06-27-10, 6:42 PM

Fantastic episode. Truly Sad Greed died! And Mustang has no sight.

It was good to see Greed finally find closure/meaning - be satisfied with his life in the end, he finally was able to fulfill his "Greed." Going out as a hero in the last crippling blow to father, and seeing how much everyone cared for him.

11/10 anime.

Genius of Ed to think of that way in getting his brother back. And discovering the "answer".

As someone mentioned earlier, I agree, having some sort of light novel/manga/book something with more info about "Truth" would be awesome.

06-27-10, 6:52 PM

Ah Hohenheim died with a smile, he must be a D.

06-27-10, 7:02 PM

OMG. i haven't read the manga, so i would've never guessed he was going to sacrifice his alchemy. D:
great episode though :) very satisfied
Modified by Ouran12, 06-27-10, 7:08 PM

06-27-10, 7:42 PM

This episode can only be described as AWESOME...

One episode to go, and it's finally goodbye to an epic manga ~.~

SkyFade said:
Ah Hohenheim died with a smile, he must be a D.

:D
This is a signature.

06-27-10, 7:45 PM

renkinotaku said:
(i'm scared how ed would react to that if he somehow wasn't aware that his dad would go away if he rids the world of alchemy....)

he didnt rid the entire world of alchemy.....he only got rid of his alchemy

-Hei- said:
Why do people think this was the last episode? Sad...

Emotional episode was emotional ;_;

they dont lol they just consider this the end of the story and next is the epilogue :) which it is

06-27-10, 7:48 PM

if Ed and Alphonse can get their bodies back, shouldn't Mustang be able to get his vision back?

06-27-10, 7:48 PM

A very sad/happy/whatever other feelings there are episode since we all know it's so close to the end now. This is a near perfect anime.

Isn't it odd to see Al actually shorter than Ed even with the stealing growth-spurt stuff that was supposed to happen?
For all due respect sir, that's pretty screwed up right there.

06-27-10, 8:01 PM

ArcticMech said:

Can't wait to see the finale and hopefully a decent amount of Ed x Winry.

Agreed. I also think some Mustang x Riza action would be some great fan service ^ ^

Pages (15) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices