Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Delicious in Dungeon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 20, 2:13 AM

Sep 2021
this was a nice episode!
Jan 20, 6:29 AM
Jun 2022
need more 1head elf scenes!
Jan 20, 7:12 AM

Nov 2014
Trigger being Trigger, it works well in original IP like KLK and Little Witch Academia but here it's just distracting. Would prefer consistency episode to episode rather than them showing off.
Forum Signature
Jan 20, 7:47 AM

Jul 2022
I have to admit that I'm surprised by the creativity of this anime in showcasing different dishes made from dungeon monsters. Who would have thought that Living Armors would be edible?

Laios is the craziest in the group. The expression on his face upon discovering a new type of edible monster was frightening, even scaring Senshi from taking the first bite of the dish.

Now, the adventures continue, and it seems that Laios's new sword brings along some kind of creature.
Jan 20, 1:14 PM

Aug 2022
The scene from Laios' childhood was so adorable.
Jan 20, 3:02 PM
Jan 2024
anyways what about saving his sister lol
Jan 20, 8:33 PM

Oct 2022
Laois is more messed up than the Dwarf not gonna lie.

Jan 20, 8:35 PM
Dec 2023
Loved seeing what the food of the episode was!
Jan 20, 9:33 PM
May 2015
Great animation, and fun chemistry between characters in sub and dub. Can't wait for the next episode!!
Jan 20, 11:55 PM

Dec 2022
There was no need to go that hard on Laios childhood memory, but goddamn is it good

Jan 21, 3:42 AM

May 2015
Awww new pet monster. SO cute!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 21, 10:06 AM
Apr 2020
nice to see some laois screen time
Jan 21, 10:17 AM
Mar 2023
funny and interesting, love the subtle worldbuilding
Jan 22, 1:04 AM
Feb 2015
Everything is edible including armor, who's know. Seem like this is a mix of everything in dungeon. Adventure, cooking and little bit of humor. The comedy part is a hit or miss though. Would love to adventure with this type of party
Jan 22, 1:39 AM

Jul 2017
Laios's sword has a memento reminding him when both him and his sister went adventuring for the first time with a gold-stripping group, only to get killed by living armors. That's how he got his sword, and they face the same set of Living Armors again, only for them to block their way. Clearly, somebody is controlling them, so they need to disarm him/her, which Laiod goes forward to investigate what's forthcoming before them. And yet there stands another Living Armor guarding something, and Laios figured out that it's protecting an egg of some kind, which explains their instinctive defenses.

This then, allows Laios to investigate, but also think of its next move, which meant that its head collared a mollusk, as well as its other body parts. And since this is their spawning session, it has eggs, which definitely roused Laios's interest and Senshi cooking it for the first time. The typical shellfish as the closest they can mimic, and the living armors become food, which Laios becomes the guinea pig since he wanted to taste it for a long time. And as an upgrade, he also gets a new sword in the process...and another companion, the mollusk hiding in the sword.

A monster sword will help much in the long run.
Jan 22, 2:16 AM

Dec 2016
Well, it continues to reward us.

I loved the detailed understanding of types of molluscs being taxonomically described...
Jan 22, 5:28 AM
Jan 2018
It was pretty bad, I didn't like the cartooney art.
MidoriyaIzu42Jan 22, 7:09 AM
Jan 22, 10:50 AM

May 2015
So this is how we cook armor, fascinating.
Jan 22, 8:01 PM
Aug 2021
I’m a little bit confused at the part where he mentions his “first death.” Was that just a joke, or is there some way to come back from death as the same person? It confused me I did a double take but I haven’t seen anyone mention it and they glanced right over it haha I couldn’t tell if it was a joke or not…I mean it didn’t look like one
Jan 22, 10:25 PM

Jul 2021
Best one yet. I'm definitely reading the manga now.
Jan 23, 2:39 AM

May 2020
Definitely my favorite anime of the season so far! I want moooooore!
Jan 23, 6:54 AM
May 2020
Loved to see a little bit of action. The development of the episode was so good.
Jan 23, 11:42 AM
Jan 2016
@CorLeonis-_-

Anime follows general D&D rules pretty heavily. There's necromancy and priest spells that can bring the dead back from the dungeon, as long as the soul isn't claimed or lost. The whole point of them hunting for the dragon is because his sisters body/soul got claimed by the dragon.
breaker_notMar 2, 2:08 PM
Jan 23, 11:55 AM

Jun 2012
Dark Souls: The anime parody
lol
Jan 23, 1:18 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Living armor as shellfish, perhaps crab, or lobster. This anime continues to be really creative.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 23, 5:36 PM
Oct 2015
For a long time I've being ignoring <8 score animes on MAL cause "if it's not even good for the average MAL user then why should I bother" it turns out the average MAL user not only overrate mediocre animes, but cant recognize a pearl when it's thrown at them.
Jan 23, 5:37 PM
Aug 2021
breaker_not said:
@CorLeonis-_-

Anime follows general D&D rules pretty heavily. There's necromancy and priest spells that can bring the dead back from the dungeon, as long as the soul isn't claimed or lost. The whole point of them hunting for the dragon is because his sisters soul got claimed by the dragon.

Ahhhh that’s super cool, thanks for the info!!
Jan 23, 6:09 PM

Mar 2008
Nicely animated action in this episode.

Was pretty funny how obsessed Laios was about wanting to eat the armour as a sort of payback.

Ive never had an oyster or mollusk so I have no idea what they taste like hmmmmm....if they really are like mushrooms i guess id actually like it....dont think id eat one of these little weird things though.
Jan 23, 7:49 PM

Mar 2021
I was super excited about the earlier monster meals, but I'd hesitate with the shellfish armor... it just looks icky. Also, eating out of an old helmet is a big nope :P

Laios's new sword companion gives off Parasyte vibes ^^
Jan 23, 10:55 PM

May 2019
Well, not the biggest win on living armor shellfish but Laios made a discovery and got super pumped about it so that's cool. Also, a new (potentially cursed) sword.
Jan 24, 5:42 AM
Oct 2021
Marcille continues to be best girl. She might end up one of my favorites at this point. The episode wasn't even centered on her and she still managed to shine the most.
Jan 24, 7:07 AM

Apr 2015
The animation is really nice, the pale bluish colours looked cool. Things look a bit more Trigger than EP1/2 for some reason.

Not getting invested in the story though.
Jan 24, 7:07 AM

Apr 2015
The animation is really nice, the pale bluish colours looked cool. And things look a bit more Trigger than EP1/2 for some reason.

Not getting invested in the story though.
Jan 25, 1:15 PM

Jul 2022
i was wondering why they weren't in a hurry to save his sister, seems like when they die here they respawn
Jan 25, 5:03 PM

May 2019
So Laios has become obsessed with eating anything that moves inside of the dungeon, and Senshi is willing to cook it. It seems that the only real sane one of the group is Marcille and her reactions are pretty funny.
Jan 26, 10:10 AM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode!
Jan 28, 6:26 AM
Jan 2016
Reply to LangleyAsuka
For a long time I've being ignoring <8 score animes on MAL cause "if it's not even good for the average MAL user then why should I bother" it turns out the average MAL user not only overrate mediocre animes, but cant recognize a pearl when it's thrown at them.
That's because the average MAL user has the attention span of a goldfish. They tend to stick by first impressions.
breaker_notJan 28, 6:54 AM
Jan 28, 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
Everything this show does is great. Should have a higher score.
sic mundus
Jan 28, 7:34 PM
Jun 2012
I thought the wonky animation was a drop in quality.

Now its clear that it was an intentional deviation from the story as is.

For storytelling purposes for previous "flashback" usages. That was not that clear at first. Until we hit the second flashback when they were running through the field as kids with the egg casing.

This is a solid production. You don't usually see that type of stylizing outside of films.
Jan 31, 10:18 PM
Jun 2010
Seeing all the weird creatures that they try to eat has been amusing. The show hasn't been boring so I will continue to watch it.
Feb 3, 12:53 AM

Apr 2009
These particular Living Armor are actually living...I mean alive, specifically the colony of mollusks acting together to move each pieces of the armor as one. Huh, that's actually a good alternative explanation. I'm not too thrilled with these dungeon food as I'm not really fan of mollusks, slugs, etc. in real life anyway.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 12, 7:35 PM

Apr 2021
This episode was good and funny, sometimes my mouth waters wanting to eat these things. It's the best anime that has cooking and adventure at the same time, which makes people like it more and more. I wanted to see them eating those eggs.
Feb 14, 8:06 PM

Jan 2011
I think this ep looked more Trigger-esque than the previous two.
Feb 15, 3:37 PM

Sep 2023
First death? So death is not really permanent? That would explain why they are so casual about MC sister being currently digested by a dragon…
Feb 17, 3:46 PM
Jul 2023
i absolutely loved the unique take an living armour as a monster. it was also just very funny
Feb 18, 7:39 AM

Feb 2023
ngl...this episode was kind of disgusting. Still love Marcille's reactions tho.
Feb 18, 10:51 AM

Sep 2016
Any show that makes me appreciate cooking more is worth watching in my book. The characters feel like a tabletop group interacting too, it's great.
Feb 18, 7:46 PM

Sep 2021
Laois is precious and deserves to be protected.
Feb 20, 8:06 PM

Jul 2023
What a seafood!

Anyway, I am getting a hang out of these characters where previously they were meh or annoying.

Marcille is quirky, but Senshi remains my favourite.

It's gonna be a running gag for them to ask, Did he/she die?
patkarununganFeb 21, 4:14 PM
Feb 21, 7:52 AM

Jan 2021
The parties pet has been found!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2

73 by MyBardyIsReady »»
20 minutes ago

» Dungeon Meshi Blu-ray Box / DVD vol.1 sold 2,766 copies in its first week.

deg - Apr 30

31 by JustAnotherShiro »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dungeon Meshi Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

119 by JustAnotherShiro »»
May 4, 12:20 PM

» Delicious in dungeon connection to dungeons and dragons

Seruki123 - May 1

12 by seanmk »»
May 4, 5:59 AM

Poll: » Is the English dub good? ( 1 2 )

RealNath - Jan 4

79 by Tropisch »»
May 3, 8:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.