Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 24, 2023 9:00 PM

Jan 2009
ok edgeshot is still alive then

and all might gives his support item to bakugo

Oct 24, 2023 9:12 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Honestly I’m not sure how but every week feels better than the last. Also can’t help but love that Horikoshi loves stepping on all the little cry baby fucks who keep whining

"Why isn’t All Might dead"

"Bakugou doesn’t even have his own villain"

Good thing y’all aren’t writing a damn thing.

Kacchan’s smile was so beautiful and his words of supporting Deku making his atonement come back in full force. I love him so much. He deserves everything.

BEING A POSTIVE HEROACA FAN IS THE BEST. 😎

PS. Mahoro and Katsuma yelling BAKUGOU topped my serotonin for the week.
Oct 24, 2023 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
im almost sure Bakugo and the second One For All user is related somehow might be blood related

anyway Bakugo vs All For One should be good
Oct 24, 2023 9:44 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to deg

@deg I don’t think Edgeshot is alive, I don’t think Bakugo would thank him for “saving his life” if he was still well and kicking.
Oct 24, 2023 10:06 PM
Mar 2022
All Might smiles and jokingly says that the mentor's role should be to die and let their disciples take care of the rest, but Nighteye calls him Toshinori Yagi and says that's just a comic book archetype. Heroes are people too, and they don't die that easily.
^^^^
This is why MHA is best and hits different where characters aren't killed just for the development of plot or MC. Story can move forward and reach its conclusion with majority of the cast smiling at the end.
Message of MHA has been clear from the start and it just keep on enriching it which Horikoshi amazingly depicted- heroes are people too, they don't die that easly.
Really this message put a huge smile on face.
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 PM
Aug 2021
i guess everyone is jesus in this story at this point.
whatever, really nice seeing bakugou growing as a character, and all might doing something meaningful for bakugou.
Oct 25, 2023 3:11 AM
Aug 2020
Stripes said:
Honestly I’m not sure how but every week feels better than the last. Also can’t help but love that Horikoshi loves stepping on all the little cry baby fucks who keep whining

Kacchan’s smile was so beautiful and his words of supporting Deku making his atonement come back in full force. I love him so much. He deserves everything.

I have huge respect for people like you who understood MHA for what it was and stuck loyally by its side to the very end. An anime about superheroes, an anime that dares you to dream even if you're the odd one out, even if you're the outcast, one that urges you to f*ck every opinion that has been thrown towards you as a hindrance and rise the tallest. Bakugou's moment was earned, by Providence divine, or not, through sweat, blood, toil and tears, and an undying arrogance to stand victorious despite all odds. I haven't read the latest chapter since it isn't out in my region yet, but from what I've seen in chapter 404, I'm absolutely loving the direction in which the story's progressing.
Oct 25, 2023 3:13 AM
Aug 2020
soma_ITB said:
All Might smiles and jokingly says that the mentor's role should be to die and let their disciples take care of the rest, but Nighteye calls him Toshinori Yagi and says that's just a comic book archetype. Heroes are people too, and they don't die that easily.
^^^^
This is why MHA is best and hits different where characters aren't killed just for the development of plot or MC. Story can move forward and reach its conclusion with majority of the cast smiling at the end.
Message of MHA has been clear from the start and it just keep on enriching it which Horikoshi amazingly depicted- heroes are people too, they don't die that easly.

I second this 🙌🏻🔥.
Oct 25, 2023 3:37 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Reply to KusarigamaD10S
Stripes said:

I have huge respect for people like you who understood MHA for what it was and stuck loyally by its side to the very end. An anime about superheroes, an anime that dares you to dream even if you're the odd one out, even if you're the outcast, one that urges you to f*ck every opinion that has been thrown towards you as a hindrance and rise the tallest. Bakugou's moment was earned, by Providence divine, or not, through sweat, blood, toil and tears, and an undying arrogance to stand victorious despite all odds. I haven't read the latest chapter since it isn't out in my region yet, but from what I've seen in chapter 404, I'm absolutely loving the direction in which the story's progressing.
@KusarigamaD10S

Thank you! Yeah it’s a little tiring how everyone in this forum and even some on Twitter try and act like BNHA isn’t a Shounen. They’re okay with random off the wall shit in One Piece, Dragon Ball, JJK but god forbid Horikoshi try and do insane shit in his own series. The essence of BNHA is the positivity of the heroes but also in the humanity, second chances, redemption. It’s kind of funny how we’re 400 chapters in and CERTAIN people are still seated yet they bitch on the weekly how awful the series is like “y’all follow 400+ chapter of a series week to week and you seem like you appreciate absolutely 0 about it???” Could not be ME. This entire war arc has been the best pay offs I could’ve asked for and lots of shit my fandom circle was predicting over a year ago (ex. The Nitroglycerin restarting Kacchan’s heart, Hero Rising being the blueprint)

Anyways! I’m glad you’re enjoying the direction. I’m honestly excited and hey no break next week!
Oct 25, 2023 4:27 AM

Aug 2020
With this I am assured that mha gonna end high, that screw the trope part was so hilarious and cool but gosh that bakugo smile hit harder than his apology, way too great of a chapter.
Oct 25, 2023 4:55 AM
Apr 2021
God I’m never shutting up about that smile what the fuck I’m like
Oct 25, 2023 5:44 AM
Aug 2020
would have been more meaningful if bakogo* stayed dead.
Oct 25, 2023 10:15 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Reply to Aphalaw1
would have been more meaningful if bakogo* stayed dead.
@Aphalaw1 Nah. His favorite heroes wanted him alive, that's all that matters.
Oct 25, 2023 12:14 PM
Aug 2020
Stripes said:

storywise, it's kinda thropey, Him living and what not.
Oct 25, 2023 3:50 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Reply to Aphalaw1
Stripes said:

storywise, it's kinda thropey, Him living and what not.
@Aphalaw1

All stories have tropes. Why does it matter?

Not only that but stories do not have to be absolute subversive or death to equate to quality. That’s honestly such a childish thing to say.
StripesOct 25, 2023 4:57 PM
Oct 25, 2023 6:43 PM
Aug 2020
Stripes said:
@Aphalaw1

Not only that but stories do not have to be absolute subversive or death to equate to quality. That’s honestly such a childish thing to say.

so it's a childish thing to say, that from a complete narrative perspective, that a certain character should have stayed dead to have a better impact to the story vs the "thropey" oh they survived due to a deus ex machina? if anything, you are the childish one mate.
Oct 25, 2023 9:01 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Reply to Aphalaw1
Stripes said:
@Aphalaw1

so it's a childish thing to say, that from a complete narrative perspective, that a certain character should have stayed dead to have a better impact to the story vs the "thropey" oh they survived due to a deus ex machina? if anything, you are the childish one mate.
@Aphalaw1 Yes. There was set up and pay off in Katsuki return, he was able to save his hero - a guilt which he a 16 year old boy held onto for too long, was able to fulfill his actual desire of helping Deku carry the OFA curse by taking out AFO, and become the symbol of victory aka what was his end goal the entire series. His return was also set up from almost the get go, anyone who actually thought he was going to stay down clowned themselves because they don’t like him as a character. What exactly would him staying dead accomplish? Spinning Deku’s wheels, it already did that and Deku still couldn’t handle it on his own aka the whole point of his vigilante saga. Same thing with All Might? Dead? Why? What’s it accomplishing other than dead mentor trope which was called out entirely yet so many people were begging for All Might to die because “mY heRO acADemIA hAs nO sTAKEs”

Oh no the Shounen action series has tropes and isn’t dark gritty and not full of killing off characters because “STAKES” as if all character deaths have stakes now 🤡 the stakes are already present in the details of the world and the society. I know none of you give two fucks about any of that but that is where those are. Not sure why you all just want Deku to have all his closest people around him killed, wildly sad but that’s not this series, it never was and never alluded to any of that.

The childish part of you and people who keep saying Katsuki should’ve died have no reason as to why he should except that it would make the series “better” for some artificial reason y’all keep inflating. When the reality is that what makes HeroAca good is that it believe in a better future for the characters in it and wants to make a difference with them, there is no future in death and is the easy ending.

Also I hate to tell you and everyone else in the room but literally ALL Shounen series have death come backs and trope shit that people spew out they hate but if it’s tacked onto a classic then I guess people have amnesia. And yes some are awfully executed (Pain Arc in Naruto is a biggie) but just because it’s been “done” doesn’t make it bad. It was explained, it had follow through, it had a return on investment, and it’s been some of the best fucking chapters in the series. I’m sorry you can’t be excited over anything other then dead bodies but whatever BRO.
Oct 25, 2023 9:04 PM
Aug 2020
Stripes said:
@Aphalaw1 Yes. There was set up and pay off in Katsuki return, he was able to save his hero - a guilt which he a 16 year old boy held onto for too long, was able to fulfill his actual desire of helping Deku carry the OFA curse by taking out AFO, and become the symbol of victory aka what was his end goal the entire series. His return was also set up from almost the get go, anyone who actually thought he was going to stay down clowned themselves because they don’t like him as a character. What exactly would him staying dead accomplish? Spinning Deku’s wheels, it already did that and Deku still couldn’t handle it on his own aka the whole point of his vigilante saga. Same thing with All Might? Dead? Why? What’s it accomplishing other than dead mentor trope which was called out entirely yet so many people were begging for All Might to die because “mY heRO acADemIA hAs nO sTAKEs”

Oh no the Shounen action series has tropes and isn’t dark gritty and not full of killing off characters because “STAKES” as if all character deaths have stakes now 🤡 the stakes are already present in the details of the world and the society. I know none of you give two fucks about any of that but that is where those are. Not sure why you all just want Deku to have all his closest people around him killed, wildly sad but that’s not this series, it never was and never alluded to any of that.

The childish part of you and people who keep saying Katsuki should’ve died have no reason as to why he should except that it would make the series “better” for some artificial reason y’all keep inflating. When the reality is that what makes HeroAca good is that it believe in a better future for the characters in it and wants to make a difference with them, there is no future in death and is the easy ending.

Also I hate to tell you and everyone else in the room but literally ALL Shounen series have death come backs and trope shit that people spew out they hate but if it’s tacked onto a classic then I guess people have amnesia. And yes some are awfully executed (Pain Arc in Naruto is a biggie) but just because it’s been “done” doesn’t make it bad. It was explained, it had follow through, it had a return on investment, and it’s been some of the best fucking chapters in the series. I’m sorry you can’t be excited over anything other then dead bodies but whatever BRO.

wow, you said a whole lot of nothing. You are letting your feelings get in the way. Really childish of you. but let's just agree to disagree.
Oct 25, 2023 9:07 PM
Aug 2020
one thing to take home. Actually states can make a story interesting. Everyone just somehow surviving gets stale. keep in mind, it very childish to shit on other perspectives just because of a different view point
Oct 25, 2023 11:01 PM
Jan 2018
Horikoshi on a crazy stretch with the bakugo stuff, liking it a lot more than I thought I would
Oct 26, 2023 2:04 PM

Oct 2017
I could hear Nobuhiko's voice when reading Bakugo's line this chapter.
Oct 26, 2023 3:18 PM

May 2016
Couldn’t be more of a clone (genki dama)
Oct 26, 2023 3:32 PM
Aug 2020
Great chapter

Final boss, can’t wait to scream in front of my screen
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 26, 2023 6:26 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to soma_ITB
^^^^
@soma_ITB what a wonderful way to reiterate the message of My Hero Academia: heroes are people, too. (Such profound words!!! 😊) They have been flawed from the beginning, and also need help from their disciples (in this case, Deku and Bakugo saving All Might).
marquinti2Oct 26, 2023 6:31 PM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Oct 26, 2023 6:27 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to deg

@deg Bakugo is smiling because he now has a piece of All Might (even if it's just a support item).

Marianne

Oct 26, 2023 6:28 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to Stripes

@Stripes this is the best time to be a My Hero Academia fan... We all need this dosage of happiness (via the weekly MHA chapters). Kanchan coming back in the series to save All Might is one of the best events that happened in the series!!! 😊

Marianne

Oct 26, 2023 6:29 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to deg
im almost sure Bakugo and the second One For All user is related somehow might be blood related

anyway Bakugo vs All For One should be good
@deg yes, definitely!! Kanchan and the second One for All user must be "ancestor/descendants" related. And yes, Bakugo versus All for One will certainly be an interesting fight before Tomura versus Deku.

Marianne

Oct 26, 2023 6:50 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to mrjdko
i guess everyone is jesus in this story at this point.
whatever, really nice seeing bakugou growing as a character, and all might doing something meaningful for bakugou.
@mrjdko Bakugo saying "Senpai" is quite surprising. Kacchan is actually learning to respect his elders!! 😊 Bakugo's big smile upon receiving All Might's support item also puts a big smile on my face.

Marianne

Oct 26, 2023 6:54 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to Lavi_kun
With this I am assured that mha gonna end high, that screw the trope part was so hilarious and cool but gosh that bakugo smile hit harder than his apology, way too great of a chapter.
@Lavi_kun Yes, Bakugo's smile does bit harder! Makes his fans love him more... 😍

Marianne

Oct 26, 2023 7:00 PM

Oct 2021
Bakugo's full of airs in this chapter (for example: "the wind blows" editors' notes), yet he managed to steal audience's hearts with that big smile of his when receiving a support item from All Might (and also, calling Edgeshot his "Senpai"). 😍 I love his comeback in this arc; he's now making a full comeback / a full atonement by saving All Might (when he was the one who ended his career / forced All Might to retire). And need I remind people that All Might called Bakugo his hero name, "Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight". 😄 So many awesome and breakthrough moments in this chapter for Bakugo, "The Final Boss". 😆 And the two-paged panels of the heroes making significant contributions in this war arc are soooo stylish!! 😍
marquinti2Oct 26, 2023 7:34 PM

Marianne

Oct 26, 2023 7:17 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Reply to Aphalaw1
Stripes said:

wow, you said a whole lot of nothing. You are letting your feelings get in the way. Really childish of you. but let's just agree to disagree.
@Aphalaw1 You probably read my comment like you read the last 405 chapters basically not at all. But that’s cool. I’ll enjoy myself, you can sit and be indifferent to a series you’ve consumed this much of. Weird flex.
Oct 26, 2023 7:24 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Reply to Aphalaw1
one thing to take home. Actually states can make a story interesting. Everyone just somehow surviving gets stale. keep in mind, it very childish to shit on other perspectives just because of a different view point
@Aphalaw1 I wasn’t shitting on your perspective, that would imply you had a perspective that isn’t copy pasted off Reddit. Maybe if you actually had some thought and proved you actually absorb any actual details in this series it’d be taken any iota of serious even if it differentiated from mine. The only thing you brought to the conversation is that “death = stakes” which isn’t true, any character death wouldn’t bounce the series back if you’re already bored of it. Just go read JJK. I heard the writing is great because Gege doesn’t like any of the cast.
Oct 26, 2023 7:35 PM
Aug 2020
Stripes said:
@Aphalaw1 I wasn’t shitting on your perspective, that would imply you had a perspective that isn’t copy pasted off Reddit. Maybe if you actually had some thought and proved you actually absorb any actual details in this series it’d be taken any iota of serious even if it differentiated from mine. The only thing you brought to the conversation is that “death = stakes” which isn’t true, any character death wouldn’t bounce the series back if you’re already bored of it. Just go read JJK. I heard the writing is great because Gege doesn’t like any of the cast.

I never used reddit, but alright. you are still entitled to feel how you feel, no matter how wrong you actually are. but best we agree to disagree.
Oct 26, 2023 7:37 PM
Aug 2020
Stripes said:
@Aphalaw1 You probably read my comment like you read the last 405 chapters basically not at all. But that’s cool. I’ll enjoy myself, you can sit and be indifferent to a series you’ve consumed this much of. Weird flex.

nah, I'm not indifferent to BNH, just saying what i feel would make it more enjoyable, from a narrative perspective. I'm not sure why you are so upset that someone has a different view point than you. very childish indeed.
Oct 26, 2023 7:49 PM
Aug 2020
I kinda wish the writing was more consistent as well. I don't mind the hero's winning, but currently it doesn't feel like it is deserved. since, the hero's just "win". That gets stale.
Oct 26, 2023 7:50 PM
Aug 2020
remember, having actually stakes isn't a bad thing.
Oct 26, 2023 9:08 PM

Apr 2022
bro really woke up and decided he's the final boss huh. that smile was so weird though.
Oct 26, 2023 10:44 PM

Nov 2011
if bakugo actually defeatss afo, it's going to be one of the dumbest decisions made in the history of shounen jump(that's a feat considering just this months dumb decisions: they brought him back and he can still fight(thats 2) and didn't kill allmight....)
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Oct 26, 2023 11:36 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to marquinti2
@soma_ITB what a wonderful way to reiterate the message of My Hero Academia: heroes are people, too. (Such profound words!!! 😊) They have been flawed from the beginning, and also need help from their disciples (in this case, Deku and Bakugo saving All Might).
@marquinti2 yes that's the very reason which stands apart MHA with other edgy shonens where characters are killed like it didn't even matter.
Oct 27, 2023 1:18 AM

Mar 2015
"o my rubber nen"

oh well, most popular character of course given red carpet entrance!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 27, 2023 5:31 AM

Jan 2014
bakugo epic comeback.

so the theory about bakugo has something related to OFA 2nd user is real?
Oct 27, 2023 5:54 AM

Jan 2021
THE ART WAS JUST AMAZING!!!

Fate was changed and now All Might gets to live!!!

So Edgeshot is still alive inside of Bakugo!? Bakugo's own quirk was the thing that saved him! Edgeshot helped him but Bakugo practically revived himself!?

All Might gave Bakugo his support item! that's so cool!!!

Also Bakugo giving a big smile to All might gave me goosebumps!!!

AFO looks genuinely terrifying he's so damn creepy

So is Bakugo actually related to the other user of OFA? or is AFO just being reminded of him because they look similar... so much stuff we need to find out!

I've seen that people don't like Bakugo stepping in to beat AFO but I'm all for it! as long as AFO goes down I don't care who does it!
Oct 27, 2023 6:52 AM

Jul 2022
Wooooow pretty good shit!! Again, kinda wish All Might could've died, but Bakugo is pretty badass. He's AFO's final boss!!

Also, and it was super obvious, but of course Bakugo is related to the 2nd User lol. AFO saw *something* in him ... Idk.

Break next week but things are heating up more and more.

Oct 27, 2023 9:29 AM

Apr 2020
Although I'm not a big fan of "the future is already decided but the fate was changed somehow", I liked this chapter, All Might being dead before seeing all the students turning into professional heroes would be bad and I'm glad Bakugou saved him.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 27, 2023 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
Ngl I thought this was a break week lol, feels like it's been ages since we got 3 consecutive chapters.

Bakugo and the 2nd OFA user are definitely related, why else would AFO see the 2nd user when Bakugo confronted him 🤔
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 27, 2023 2:45 PM

Oct 2017
damn when the fuck all this characters would D i E!!? (good chapter :D)
R&B Leyend
Oct 27, 2023 2:47 PM
Nov 2016
So All Might won't die huh? what a letdown, the mangaka pussied out of this one, meh, all that drama, death flags, and fakeouts for basically nothing.

Whatever, since I'm in the ending, I will finish this shit, just get this over with already so I can move on from this crap.

I rate this chapter a 2/5 for the fakeouts and pussy part, I also don't give a flying fuck about Bakugo, that mother fucker should have stayed dead, x2 pussy, it has nice art though so that's a good thing going for the chapter I guess so it has at least 2 points there.

Mangaka, next time grow some fucking balls but I guess you are making the kids around here praising the dumb fakeouts and calling it "excellent writing" happy so good for them.
Oct 27, 2023 4:08 PM

Jun 2017
Bakugo be like "we Parasyte now" lol
Oct 27, 2023 7:31 PM
Apr 2019
Great character moment for Bakugo I can't lie, but this is really falling hard into shonenisms. I get this manga has been quite cookie cutter since the beginng, but All Might living because reasons and the edgeshot stuff felt like total BS. I feel like it's still possible for this series to have a somewhat satisfying ending, but moments like this are always gonna nag at me ngl.
Oct 27, 2023 9:19 PM

Dec 2020
glad to have the series picking up again with the return of bakugou. its not looking good for all might tho..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

16 by IzanaSolos »»
Yesterday, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.