Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2023 9:43 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
ONE OF THE BEST LIVE CHAPTER RELEASES.

Katsuki flies down to Deku with no hesitation. Their flawless teamwork they’ve always had and their trust in each other, the panels were beautifully done.

Kacchan saves All Might and made up for his guilt from Kamino. No I’m not crying.

Fetus OFA gonna do something stupid I just feel it.

The amount of double spreads this chapter was insane. And no break next week either.

++ Horikoshi rewatching HR so many times that it rotted his brain into just perfecting the original draft. Never change.
Oct 17, 2023 9:46 PM

Jan 2009
bakugo saves all might so ye all might survives
Oct 17, 2023 11:30 PM

Jun 2014
This mf All Might really isn't gonna die? LMFAOOOOO. If anything, he's at least the ONE character that SHOULD die 😂😂
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 17, 2023 11:52 PM
Aug 2021
eh, all might surviving is kind of plot armor. Oh well what do you expect, it is a shonen after all.
imo, all might’s death is a great and powerful way to develop characters (not necessarily a big power up) . He was a big inspiration, so i think having the end of his life also be something to inspire the characters would’ve been so much more powerful.
it just feels really repetitive when pretty much the same thing happened to bakugo
mrjdkoOct 17, 2023 11:58 PM
Oct 17, 2023 11:58 PM
Aug 2021
mrjdko said:
eh, all might surviving is kind of plot armor. Oh well what do you expect, it is a shonen after all.
imo, all might’s death is a great and powerful way to develop characters (not necessarily a big power up) . He was a big inspiration, so i think having the end of his life also be something to inspire the characters would’ve been so much more powerful.
it just feels really repetitive when pretty much the same thing happened to bakugo

We need more shonen like jjk bc nobody gets plot armour while Gege is cooking💀💀💀 fully agreed though, it would’ve made sense for all might to die here so the fact he didn’t just feels like a cop out
Oct 18, 2023 12:15 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to kakashis_sidehoe
mrjdko said:

We need more shonen like jjk bc nobody gets plot armour while Gege is cooking💀💀💀 fully agreed though, it would’ve made sense for all might to die here so the fact he didn’t just feels like a cop out
@kakashis_sidehoe so is it necessary to kill a character only to make MCs stand out??? Sometimes the other way around is the best narrative especially in shounens like mha.
LMAOOO jjk what's the point killing off most favourited character in background scenes, and you say Gege is cooking. Characters' deaths has to be satisfying or repleted with pensive unfulfilled desires of them, not to make way for MC to show off or power up.
Anyways it will be a sensational feeling to have All might alive when all of his students have achieved their dreams of becoming heroes, the thing which he tried hardest in his life even after loosing his quirk.
Oct 18, 2023 12:31 AM
Aug 2021
soma_ITB said:
@kakashis_sidehoe so is it necessary to kill a character only to make MCs stand out??? Sometimes the other way around is the best narrative especially in shounens like mha.
LMAOOO jjk what's the point killing off most favourited character in background scenes, and you say Gege is cooking. Characters' deaths has to be satisfying or repleted with pensive unfulfilled desires of them, not to make way for MC to show off or power up.
Anyways it will be a sensational feeling to have All might alive when all of his students have achieved their dreams of becoming heroes, the thing which he tried hardest in his life even after loosing his quirk.

I don’t think it’s necessary but it definitely gets tiring constantly having death fake-outs and only having a couple ppl irrelevant to the plot actually die. Gran Torino was a literal doughnut and survived, Bakugo was like 0.001% away from death and somehow survived, the fact that Hawks survived is debatable but he was looking pretty crispy to me and there’s others I’m just too lazy to think rn lol I like jjk bc it makes the stakes higher. You never know who’s going to get killed and when, and u know who’s death was basically guaranteed to happen from the start or he was going to be basically left on his death bed with no use of his powers because if not the story would not have been able to progress so his death makes sense. Was it done a little abruptly? Yeah but honestly whatever the flashback scene made up for it to me. With mha though it’s basically always a guarantee major characters will survive. In this case, it’s chill all might lived cause that is pretty wholesome but at the same time I feel like things have been building up hinting at his death just for him to get saved basically by plot armour at the last minute. This is all just my opinion though some people would rather not have a lot of deaths and in a lot of cases I don’t disagree so🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
Oct 18, 2023 3:19 AM
Oct 2022
mha is on the peak for quite some time. I will be so sad cause its gonna end pretty soon no...??
but we'll all well that ends well
Oct 18, 2023 3:59 AM
Apr 2021
Gorgeous, kacchan and izuku pull a dope move and go into kamino flashbacks, so many double spreads and a self paralells. Beautiful
Oct 18, 2023 7:41 AM
Aug 2021
kakashis_sidehoe said:
soma_ITB said:

I don’t think it’s necessary but it definitely gets tiring constantly having death fake-outs and only having a couple ppl irrelevant to the plot actually die. Gran Torino was a literal doughnut and survived, Bakugo was like 0.001% away from death and somehow survived, the fact that Hawks survived is debatable but he was looking pretty crispy to me and there’s others I’m just too lazy to think rn lol I like jjk bc it makes the stakes higher. You never know who’s going to get killed and when, and u know who’s death was basically guaranteed to happen from the start or he was going to be basically left on his death bed with no use of his powers because if not the story would not have been able to progress so his death makes sense. Was it done a little abruptly? Yeah but honestly whatever the flashback scene made up for it to me. With mha though it’s basically always a guarantee major characters will survive. In this case, it’s chill all might lived cause that is pretty wholesome but at the same time I feel like things have been building up hinting at his death just for him to get saved basically by plot armour at the last minute. This is all just my opinion though some people would rather not have a lot of deaths and in a lot of cases I don’t disagree so🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

i agree. It’s really annoying when the author keeps baiting us constantly. everything last chapter implied that all might was going to do die and the author pulls a “just kidding” on us. You dont need to kill a character in order to make a good story, but it’s another thing when all you do is constantly baiting your reader.
Oct 19, 2023 7:29 AM

Oct 2017
So it was him who actually reached allmight. Nice double spreads btw.
Oct 19, 2023 7:44 AM

Mar 2015
it's everyone spirit bomb i mean, wishes!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 19, 2023 8:32 AM

Oct 2017
eeeeeeeehmmm idk how to feel about this
R&B Leyend
Oct 19, 2023 8:34 AM
Aug 2020
It was too short…

So All Might is « Undead » 🤔🤔🤔
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 19, 2023 9:22 AM

Apr 2018
The panel where they were in some kind of ying-yang form was fucking sick, not gonna lie. That shit gave me goosebumps. Well, another bait that All Might was gonna die.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 19, 2023 10:47 AM

May 2020
Another chapter of author spitting on everyone's face and saying, "What did you expect? Someone would die... in this series????lmaoooooooooooooooo".
Oct 19, 2023 12:04 PM

May 2016
The unnecessary Disney dialogue has gotten to a new low 😹
Oct 19, 2023 12:56 PM

Nov 2011
ok, i had hope the author would at least at the very end(should have been way earlier with all school "heroes") choose a credible route for side characters, these last 2 chapters scream fangirls made me do it
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Oct 19, 2023 2:58 PM

Oct 2014
I've actually enjoyed the last 7 chapters. After what has literally been the worst arc I've ever read where I've dropped BnHA's score to 3/10 there actually looks to be some hope for a salvageable ending. Iron Might was great and the paneling this chapter as Bakugo shot across the sky to save All Might was absolutely sensational. He already nailed a similar outline in the sequence where Bakugo was rescued in the Bakugo Rescue Arc before. Man he really has a talent for paneling it's a shame he decided to waste 50 chapters on absolute garbage before Iron Might showed up.

Only fools who thought All Might would actually die would criticize this chapter.
Oct 19, 2023 4:30 PM
May 2023
Kinda good. Liked the teamup with Bakugo and Deku, even if it was only for a page.
Oct 19, 2023 5:26 PM
Nov 2016
The chapter was good so don't get me wrong, but for fucks sake, JUST KILL ALL MIGHT ALREADY!!!

I'm tired of these dumb fakeouts, I still believe he will die because Deku desperately needs the power-up to defeat ShigaJesus but if the mangaka actually has the cojones to pussy out of this one and keep All Might alive then I will hate the mangaka and I will start kicking puppies in his name.
Oct 19, 2023 5:36 PM

Feb 2014
Not a fan of Boku no Hero for some time now, but this bit made me emotional, All Might truly is a great symbol of peace

Oct 19, 2023 7:57 PM

Apr 2022
another 1min read. he not ded.
OnxEyedKxng said:
lmao this is hilarious.
Oct 19, 2023 9:40 PM

May 2016
ryzxgum said:
another 1min read. he not ded.
OnxEyedKxng said:
lmao this is hilarious.

Yes the 5min goku freeza rule https://discord.gg/cSvq998U
Oct 19, 2023 10:06 PM

Feb 2016
Who cares if the art is godlike when all we got was Bakugo flying for what was actually like half a second, lame ass manga.
If he was flying so fkng fast then All Might should've broke in half the moment Bakugo grabbed him, this shit doesn't make any sense.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Oct 19, 2023 10:23 PM

Oct 2021
"We'll win this." That's all I needed to here from the one and only revived Bakugo!!! 😍 I love it! I love this chapter. The message of this chapter is that thoughts and prayers do have energy to be transmitted to the world. This arc is actually mirroring real life in the sense of sending thoughts and prayers to far-off dangers. Horikoshi-sensei is upping the game! Through his My Hero Academia comic, he's sending a message to the readers that we're all interconnected no matter where we are in the world! Deku tagging Bakugo to save All Might is the best thing in this chapter, along with those awesome two-paged panels! They are beautifully drawn! 😁

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Oct 19, 2023 10:23 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to curvedtree
Not a fan of Boku no Hero for some time now, but this bit made me emotional, All Might truly is a great symbol of peace

@curvedtree I was wondering. Who is this minor character (the guy with with Wolf Quirk)? Did he appear in a movie or an OVA?

Marianne

Oct 19, 2023 10:25 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to Stripes
ONE OF THE BEST LIVE CHAPTER RELEASES.

Katsuki flies down to Deku with no hesitation. Their flawless teamwork they’ve always had and their trust in each other, the panels were beautifully done.

Kacchan saves All Might and made up for his guilt from Kamino. No I’m not crying.

Fetus OFA gonna do something stupid I just feel it.

The amount of double spreads this chapter was insane. And no break next week either.

++ Horikoshi rewatching HR so many times that it rotted his brain into just perfecting the original draft. Never change.
@Stripes What is HR? I have to ask. I have no clue.

Marianne

Oct 20, 2023 6:22 AM

Jan 2014
YESSS, JUST LIKE WHAT I WANTED. IT'S NOT YOUR TIME YET, ALL MIGHT.
Oct 20, 2023 6:50 AM

Jul 2022
Bah, killing All Might would be insane, I guess they could never do that lol. Kinda wish maybe he did die idk I feel like that'd have been fucked up.

The final battle continues ...

Oct 20, 2023 10:45 AM
May 2021
Ffs man mha fans cant talk shit about other series thats all am saying.
Oct 21, 2023 12:53 PM
Mar 2021
thebrentinator24 said:
This mf All Might really isn't gonna die? LMFAOOOOO. If anything, he's at least the ONE character that SHOULD die 😂😂

But that would be so tropey and boring!! BNHA has always played with what tropes it upholds and what tropes it subverts, all the while being a story about hope and collective action. AM dying here (and I don't mean "dying at all"; I mean dying here, in this situation, for AFO's enjoyment) would be so fucking boring and in dissonance with the rest of the story
Oct 21, 2023 1:01 PM
Mar 2021
kakashis_sidehoe said:
soma_ITB said:

I get what you mean and I agree up to a point. Gran Torino should have beat it, and other characters could as well.

But I feel like AM dying here, in this particular situation, is just... very dissonant with the message of the story? Like, in BNHA, fighting the bad guys comes out of a desire to help, out of hope for a better future; killing AM the way AFO was about to (not even giving him the chance to "die a hero's death") would just lead to more desperation and rage on everyone's part. It would go against every message the series has carried since the beginning. I'm not even saying AM has to make it out of the conflict alive; but I think he needs to die a hero's death for that to work narratively.

(Also, BNHA is all about playing with what tropes it keeps and what tropes it subverts. Keeping the old mentor alive is one of those!)

And in regards to JJK - honestly the fact that characters just die left and right doesn't set the stakes for me, it just makes me feel bored and disconnect from the story. Like, why should I care abt what they do or don't do if they can just die at any time with no rhyme or reason?? There's no point to caring.

At the end of the day it's a matter of taste, I know :p Just wanted to offer my perspective
Oct 21, 2023 2:38 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Reply to marquinti2
@Stripes What is HR? I have to ask. I have no clue.
@marquinti2 The second movie. Heroes Rising. It’s the one Hori backed and only one he really worked on with the staff and during the main interview he said that the story was basically the the original ending for the series (a draft of sorts, this was 4 years ago) and claimed he would just have to do better for the ending. But if you followed his twitter at the time he went and saw it 3-5 times and drew a ton of extra material. It’s obvious he loved the concept.
Oct 21, 2023 11:40 PM

Aug 2020
The criticism on this chapter is more awful than that concert arc of this series man, when nighteye was going to die he said "the future can change" where all might would be alive so it's all hinted from that point so it's not even a percent surprising that all might wouldn't die, loved the paneling and storytelling in these recents chapters now I can hope mha can end high.
Oct 22, 2023 8:04 AM

Apr 2020
I'm personally all for this! The promise to break the future has been fulfilled!

I won’t blame people for not liking this or disagreeing. But I’ve thought about it a lot and honestly like this decision considering all the themes and ideals this series has had.

Oct 22, 2023 9:37 AM

Jul 2016
Damn.. I knew after the last chapter anyway but all might really isn’t gonna die.. bakugo says “time to win this!” At the end of the chapter and I agree, it’s time to end this series already.
Penguins are funny
Oct 22, 2023 11:15 AM

May 2010
The sudden instntanious teamwork with Deku and Bakugo was pretty epic. Everyone who is upset that allmight did not die are really lacking in reading comprehension. The whole last couple chapters and especially this one take the time to explain why they need to save and protect him. Killing a character is not the only way to prove the stakes are high.
Oct 22, 2023 11:27 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to SteamedPlague
Damn.. I knew after the last chapter anyway but all might really isn’t gonna die.. bakugo says “time to win this!” At the end of the chapter and I agree, it’s time to end this series already.
@SteamedPlague bro is more based than the entire mha fandom lmao all these copers thinking killing characters is dumb really don't know what good writing is just go watch gintama u guys will know
Oct 22, 2023 11:36 AM
Nov 2019
As silly as Bakugo's survival is, him being the one to save All Might is such a good full-circle moment.
Oct 23, 2023 10:14 AM

Nov 2016
Reader ugly sobbing in the background of the background. At least, the reader is happy to see Katsuki's face again :')

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"I’m feeling sentimental
Without you, my room is empty
I’m feeling sentimental
Feels like yesterday you were laying
Only a few centimeters away from me"
Oct 23, 2023 4:58 PM

Dec 2013
Looks like All Might is going to live after all which is something I'm okay with.

I loved the double page with Bakugou flying towards All Might.
Oct 24, 2023 12:00 AM
Dec 2019
Can all might just die already? I dont know if its shounen jump or the mangaka but this is getting ridiculous. You can tell the story is trying to end on a high note and not disrespect any of the good guys with an unglamorous death, but getting torn in half is the most metal way for the man to go. We have gone far past a suitable time for all might to fulfill nighteyes vision and it could in no way be considered fridging at this point.
Oct 24, 2023 7:44 AM

Jun 2015
lol, All Might has dodged death flags for literal years now. it will be a genuine surprise if Horikoshi grows the balls to murder him
uh oh!
Oct 24, 2023 9:47 PM

Jan 2011
If only this arc hadn't been so terrible (and Bakugo didn't suck) so this could actually deliver on the emotions it's going for.

Anyway glad All Might will live. We all know he seemed destined to die from the first chapter, but it really was a lot more interesting how he survived and had to go on without powers. Killing him off now would just sour that, and I don't want this series to fumble more than it already has.
Oct 26, 2023 7:24 AM
Oct 2017
I like to see Katsuki and Deku FINALLYA fighting together, it's a mortal duo that we didn't see enough of.
I was low-key disappointed about the prophecy being wrong...?
But I think All Might will definitely die, maybe not the horrible death but a peaceful one after everything is over. (I mean the man is already a bag of broken bones, don't be delulu my friend)
Oct 26, 2023 12:21 PM

Aug 2021
bakugo panel goes hard
Oct 27, 2023 5:44 AM

Jan 2021
THIS CHAPTER WAS AWESOME!!!

Bakugo's panels were literally AMAZING! I loved all the reactions of the prayer panel MAAAAN IT'S SO COOL!!!!

Deku using gear shift to send Bakugo FLYING towards All Might was so cool!!!

BAKUGO SAVED ALL MIGHT AAAAH!!!! HE LIVES!!!

Just seen Deku and Bakugo flawlessly work together without a single word said is just so cool!!!!
Oct 27, 2023 10:01 PM
Mar 2015
Time to win this fight
Nov 12, 2023 7:15 AM

Oct 2014
Reply to soma_ITB
@soma_ITB i like jjk but hardcore fans literally swear by anything gege does. "no bro trust me gojo having a micropenis is such an integral part to the story gege is COOKINm i tell you!"
why
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

14 by Abyhape »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.