3It was OK
18.9%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
5.4%
Average 4.0
1,283 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 29, 2023 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
Chizuru couldn't hold back her tears in the finale after all...pretty sure it was coming from miles away.

Tbh afte their date, it was obvious that Chizuru was still hurting inside. I guess Kazuya tried the best way he could to comfort her but the reality is still there. This finale honestly didn't feel much different than others as it follows mostly Chizuru and her current feelings. A rather underwhelming ending imo. We did get to see some of the other girls in various outfits though.

Dec 2021
Would've been a 10/10 season, but Mami just decided to show up didn't she..

On their date, under the night sky, Kazuya sees Chizuru tear up while holding sparklers. He ponders their rental dynamic and his own limitations. Memories flood in, prompting Kazuya to express his ideal girlfriend's traits: beauty, kindness, and honesty. He cherishes her vulnerability, even amid strength. Chizuru's tears flow, finding comfort in Kazuya's arms, her grandmother on her mind. Kazuya continues, entranced by her smile and charm, reiterating his admiration for her beauty, kindness, and sincerity.

Kazuya surprised everyone by speaking to her openly and sincerely. This is the right way to support someone in mourning: just be there for them, rather than attempting to uplift their spirits, as that's not how the grieving process works. His words deeply affected her, and as soon as he finished speaking, she felt a newfound trust in him and let her tears flow, mourning both her grandma and grandpa. It was a powerful moment. It felt oddly gratifying to hear Kazuya reaffirm his love for Chizuru, even though he expresses it almost every episode. Nevertheless, Chizuru continues to maintain her strong facade. As always, Kazuya tends to overanalyze things. Nonetheless, it's a relief that Chizuru has come to realize that it's healthier to express her emotions rather than bottle them up. I couldn't shake the feeling that the movie premiere was somewhat underwhelming. Yet, considering the intensity of the preceding episodes, it was probably a wise decision not to add more drama to the event.

Best season of Kanojo, Okarishimasu imo. It only gets worse from here though..

Jul 2017
Kazuya knows that he shouldn't pry so much on Mizuhara's family problems, but for Granny Sayuri's passing that has caused her so much distress, he pushed his limits to ensure that she can smile to her best. Mizuhara is acting like the rental girlfriend that she should to him, but Kazuya thought otherwise to confess that his ideal girlfriend is literally Mizuhara, but just that he wants to still draw the line because he's a client. And due to all of the feelings that he poured out to her, Mizuhara broke down and Kazuya just let her be consoled.

The biggest moment of his life seeing Mizuhara like that, Kazuya is even more determined to protect Mizuhara, more than ever. That's where Yaemori comes in unannounced (with that QR code on her shirt leading to her VA Yu Serizawa's social media accounts, other than Kazuya's shirt having the DMM TV logo since this show is produced by DMM Pictures) and prys on Kazuya being lost in thought about Mizuhara. Again, reporting to Yaemori about his progress, and she wants to help him take the step to the next level, but that Kazuya is the same loser who just wants to play on the defensive. That said, the screening is finally coming soon, and Mizuhara is affixed on her dress code for the event. And all that Kazuya's worried for is his impression on her.

The screening of the self-funded movie was a success, and with it, the end of Summer break and Mizuhara's thanks for all the work that he did for this project that earned her smile. Other than Kibe meeting Mami...where will Kazuya and Mizuhara's relationship take them forward?

The best season of Kanojo, Okarishimasu yet, for the moment.
KANLen09Sep 30, 2023 11:02 PM
Sep 29, 2023 11:23 AM
Apr 2023
Season 4 for next Summer 2024?
Sep 29, 2023 11:49 AM

Apr 2020
Best season so far.
Less cringy and more interesting than the first two seasons.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 29, 2023 11:57 AM

Apr 2014
That was a great ending. Gladfully, Ruka did not ruin anything in this episode. Oh! Mami, you're still alive.
I scanned the QR code on Mini's t-shirt and it turned out to be Serizawa Yuu's Instagram. lol
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 29, 2023 12:00 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
No matter how strong someone is mentally even they would have breaking points. Yaemori really has a habit of appearing in unexpected places. Chizuru sure looked dazzling in the outfut she wore for the screening. While their bonds had deepened looks like things remain stable for now. Which i think is for the better considering what Chi chan just went through. Looks like we'll be seeing another season that has as its main theme Mami strikes back in the works.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2023 12:04 PM

Oct 2020
Chizuru is very strong women to hold back her tears for that long.
Sep 29, 2023 12:18 PM
Jul 2022
Season 3 will be the best and most almost perfect arc in rent a girlfriend anime series. Except mami, every character contributed to the main story and plot in a very fruitful and convincing manner, even including ruka. Kazuya proves he doesn't deserve to be called a useless or a trash. He worked his ass off and wholeheartedly for things that he genuinely loves and cares as kibe mentioned in s1 ep 4.

The final episode was the best one. I almost had tears in my eyes. But as a manga reader, I must say that further, it won't be as good as this one. It'll be back to the type of episodes it used to be in s1 and s2 and more of sexual/ecchi thing and less of plot in upcoming pool arc.
HellspawnkunSep 29, 2023 12:34 PM
Sep 29, 2023 12:22 PM

Nov 2016
You can't try to act strong forerver and bottle up your feelings.

I agree that this season had some of the best moments, but I enjoyed all of them a lot tbh.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 29, 2023 12:29 PM
Oct 2014
well any hope for an anime original ending is out now. You thought this show was cringe before just wait for the paradise arc. Reiji is going to make sure the kazuya meme becomes reality.
Sep 29, 2023 12:30 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, he went ahead and said it. It’s nice to see that she responded back with her true emotions after that, though. She held herself really well overall, it must be said. Perhaps way too good, actually.

And then there’s the usual with him fretting the next morning with the thought of the events in the past evening. Just when you think he handled something maturely, lol. His inability to accept reality by seeing her just ramble on and continue life nonchalantly was for once understandable, lmao. She’s professional, yo ~

Yaemori-san casually walking in and sharing that little moment with him looking in the direction of Mizuhara-san’s apartment was hilarious, she’s been too slick ever since her first appearance.

I’m surprised to see the crowd turnout following the movie screening, that’s nice. He was definitely going to get the thanks of his life, I thought for sure. But, more importantly, talk about timing for Mami’s return and that too with his grandma. Really curious what that convo could’ve possibly been about…

It’s been another season of the usual from the series, lots of angst moments, slow as heck development and a few good ones here and there. I feel like a lot of the themes were pretty much just like S2 and that’s why it didn’t feel as fresh this time around. I’ll go with a 6/10 again.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 29, 2023 12:31 PM
May 2021
Alright this season was the best among all. So much character development and Good new side character 😂😂. But according to manga readers again the series will go to dump in next arc lol. Well nvm 8/10 for S3 and I guess S4 will be announced soon.
Sep 29, 2023 12:43 PM
Aug 2022
Definitely the best season for me. Even cried a bit. Kazuya actually had some mature moments during the production of the movie (some)

The new girl yaemori basically just feels like she was added to give kazuya a push in his romance life.

Ruka remained the most annoying creature in existence.

Surprisingly not much mami this season. Which I was kinda hoping for more of her because she stirs up drama in the show.

Sumi remained the the usual same old cheerful introvert.

My opinion of chizuru slightly went up this season.

Overall a good watch despite what everyone says. Excited for season 4 (assuming that we will get one)

8/10
Sep 29, 2023 12:59 PM

Aug 2019
QR code on Mini's shirt actually worked, linked to Yuu Serizawa's Twitter account

Sep 29, 2023 1:00 PM
Jan 2022
Time to wait for next summer
Sep 29, 2023 1:18 PM
Feb 2021
season wanst as bad as the first good run.
dude couldnt EVEN HUG HER...

bruh he dont even care bout HIS girl lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
yeah GGs
see yall next summer
PRiMEogSep 29, 2023 1:21 PM
Sep 29, 2023 1:22 PM

Apr 2018
i think i'll certainly drop this anime.
I'm not the kinda off guy who dropped anime easily after being involve so many years and so many episodes.

But damn... if there wasn't that episode 9 incident, I would rate this show a 6/10. ( I have a mean score of 8.3, just imagine putting a 5 looks like... )

So much thing to say to this show... MC's "simp-ness" was kinda ok for one or 2 seasons, but hella annoying in season 3. Still no developpement and no real moove. The only time i had smile is when ruka/sumi was involve, and a big smile when i saw mami at the very end of the season ( 5 sec time screen where she says "hi" ... hmm okay ? the fuk ? )

I'm a lil bit frustrated that this show will certainly have season 4 and season 5. And shows like School Rumble or Nisekoi couldn't have a season 3.

I'll give this show a very kind 7/10.
And i'll not watch sequels from there. The only way i can get back to this show is if Mami/ruka is main character and they make a huge comeback. ( i don't think they will ) . Or the MC's somehow grow some fuking ballz.
But the mangas is still on, so i guess before the MC and Chizuru get together we will have 50 seasons, like The Young and the Restless...
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Sep 29, 2023 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
will s4 100% announced because I not happy with the end
Sep 29, 2023 1:48 PM
Apr 2021
why did it have to end 😭😭
Sep 29, 2023 1:51 PM
Mar 2022
How can you like mami 💀💀💀
Sep 29, 2023 2:00 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to removed-user
will s4 100% announced because I not happy with the end
@MaximoSilva There is no end, the manga is still ongoing and not even god knows how much will mangaka-san milk this.
Sep 29, 2023 2:24 PM
Aug 2023
Enjoy this season, people, it only gets worse after this point.
Sep 29, 2023 2:26 PM

Jul 2008
I was reaching my Kazuya limit. What a terribly written character. Can't believe he didn't put his arm around her and comfort her as she was crying. Especially since she initiated the contact. Just one arm over the shoulder . Sighhhhh. And the peaches scene the next day. C'mon man....

Thank God the season is over so I can reset my Kazuya annoyance meter. Love this trash show. Though may drop it because

Yaemori best girl.
Sep 29, 2023 2:26 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to MyLittlePonfarr
Enjoy this season, people, it only gets worse after this point.
@MyLittlePonfarr come on man. Don't come in here and spoil.
Sep 29, 2023 2:27 PM
Night Owl

Sep 2022
This was honestly a disappointing last episode, nothing too interesting happened. Can't wait 2-3 years for the next season...
Sep 29, 2023 2:49 PM
Apr 2021
Finally we get to see some mami chan at the end.

This show was cringe from episode 1 to now... and that's why we love it.

Apparently there were different QR codes on the neighbour girl shirt. They linked to yu serisawa twitter, instagram and tiktok, maybe more. didn't scan all of them
Sep 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Oct 2013
A beautiful ending for the anime, the final episode was very well done, there are some problems with the animation, but it's the TV version, so it's normal. The QRCodes on Yaemori Mini's t-shirt lead to her seiyuu's (Serizawa Yuu) Twitter and TikTok
Sep 29, 2023 3:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was such a good finale, it felt like the entire movie arc was leading up to the moment Mizuhara broke down crying, such a great moment and her VA really sold it, and Kazuya handled it well I think, I don’t think a hug would have been a bad move but maybe it’s a good thing he didn’t, not sure lol, but still a great moment. And of course afterward it seemed like it never happened, Kazuya sure went in circles mentally about it tho lol, and Yaemori was trying to get Kazuya to push things further but I actually think this is the one time he shouldn’t, she also didn’t know about Mizuhara’s moment with Kazuya so it makes sense that her advice would be wrong for once. And speaking of Yaemori, I didn’t get to scan the QR code but apparently it leads to the VAs socials, I was hoping it was a Season 4 announcement but not yet sadly lol.

And I was hoping we’d get to see a snippet of the movie at least, but really it isn’t the most important thing of the “movie arc” ironically so I get why it wasn’t focused on much, the real gold was Kazuya and Mizuhara’s moment afterward, things do feel a bit different between them which is nice to see. And lastly, Mami finally appeared this season for one scene lol, I’m guessing it’s setting up the next arc which really gives me hope for another season, but man I missed her for sure.

And that was the end of another banger season of Rent a Girlfriend, I’m one of those people that has enjoyed this series from beginning so of course I loved this season as well, but I’m also happy to see the main arc of this season did win some people over because it was honestly a pretty awesome arc, I had to wonder if I was watching the same show during some parts lol, but it was truly great and I understand why it’s regarded as one of the best arcs. Yaemori being introduced was a good addition this season too, I feel like Kazuya needed someone like her and I’m glad it looks like she’s sticking around, hopefully she doesn’t get the Mami treatment from this season tho lol. The OP and ED choices were once again excellent as well, always love hearing halca and Amber’s had a great song too, both the normal and ballad version. And with that, I now hope and pray for a Season 4, make it happen every summer please, a yearly tradition of Rent a Girlfriend just sounds great to me lol.
Sep 29, 2023 4:36 PM

Sep 2021
Ahhhhh, the movie arc has come to a close. One of the most satisfying moments in the series.
Sep 29, 2023 4:52 PM

Dec 2016
I was curious how well they would adapt the multi panel acene from the manga of Chizuru crying, while showing different faces and emotions ... and well, it was pretty good I guess
Sep 29, 2023 4:58 PM

May 2019
Just as there was a sliver of hope that this was going to get better by Chizuru letting the tears flow.... it goes downhill from there. Typical Kazuya obsessed over what she's thinking and dares not ask Chizuru for a real date even with Yaemori's recommendation.

The ending was not fulfilling at all and it was left wide open with presumably some drama-fest now that Mami has returned. Honestly since Kazuya is still mostly weak-minded and cringe, I get more entertainment/amusement when the girls fight so Mami may make this more entertaining if another season is made (which I'm assuming will be).

The animation and character designs are fine but the storyline has been kind of weak throughout. Also the character development was hardly non-existent as I still don't think Chizuru has feelings for Kazuya but probably doesn't mind having him around to help her out. At least Sumi briefly showed up and Ruka looked nice in a bikini.

6/10
Sep 29, 2023 5:12 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Unironically need more Mami in the next season, something was missing.
Sep 29, 2023 5:14 PM
Sep 2023
best of the 3 seasons by far, good finale.
Sep 29, 2023 5:15 PM
Jul 2023
IzanaSolos said:
Would've been a 10/10 season, but Mami just decided to show up didn't she..

On their date, under the night sky, Kazuya sees Chizuru tear up while holding sparklers. He ponders their rental dynamic and his own limitations. Memories flood in, prompting Kazuya to express his ideal girlfriend's traits: beauty, kindness, and honesty. He cherishes her vulnerability, even amid strength. Chizuru's tears flow, finding comfort in Kazuya's arms, her grandmother on her mind. Kazuya continues, entranced by her smile and charm, reiterating his admiration for her beauty, kindness, and sincerity.

Kazuya surprised everyone by speaking to her openly and sincerely. This is the right way to support someone in mourning: just be there for them, rather than attempting to uplift their spirits, as that's not how the grieving process works. His words deeply affected her, and as soon as he finished speaking, she felt a newfound trust in him and let her tears flow, mourning both her grandma and grandpa. It was a powerful moment. It felt oddly gratifying to hear Kazuya reaffirm his love for Chizuru, even though he expresses it almost every episode. Nevertheless, Chizuru continues to maintain her strong facade. As always, Kazuya tends to overanalyze things. Nonetheless, it's a relief that Chizuru has come to realize that it's healthier to express her emotions rather than bottle them up. I couldn't shake the feeling that the movie premiere was somewhat underwhelming. Yet, considering the intensity of the preceding episodes, it was probably a wise decision not to add more drama to the event.

Best season of Kanojo, Okarishimasu imo. It only gets worse from here though..

it doesn't the next season mami drops a 10/10 villain performance and they .....( no spoilers )but I promise next season is better
Sep 29, 2023 5:59 PM
Oct 2016
Ending the summer with another rent a girlfriend season finale. I think this season the most amount of progress is made between Kazuya and Chizuru. They still have a mostly working relationship but the needle is moved in a positive direction. Kazuya actually stepped up for the most part, he helped Chizuru achieve her dream of being an actress and having her grandma see her on the screen. No matter how brief, that hospital scene meant a lot to Chizuru. She got to say goodbye to her grandma with a great gift. None of that would've been possible without Kazuya. The dude fumbles like crazy and can't acknowledge a girl throwing herself at him, Ruka, but when it comes to Chizuru he's committed. Everyone pitching in to help with rye crowd funding was a great episode, we got another Sumi episode which is very welcome, Mini was a great character addition this season. I think we had the bed season of rent a girlfriend yet, which I know isn't a high bar but it's worth pointing out none the less.

70/100
Sep 29, 2023 6:32 PM

Mar 2010
No mami and the ugli face crying was cringe.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 29, 2023 6:34 PM

Apr 2015
Nice easter egg QR code

Cop out storyline. This guy, mane. This guy. By now, surely--...but nope.

If this gets another season, I'll raise my rating on this season because there are some good plot points, but watching Kazuya constantly fumble the ball for 3 seasons, it must take some real talent.
Sep 29, 2023 7:29 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn that was great. Loving this show! 9/10 for the season imo. Maybe because Mami didn't have much screentime LOL

Bruh they nailed the crying scene. That got me a bit emotional ngl... Kazuya deffs shoulda hugged her tho

Might go continue the manga actually from here. Was there a S4 announcement?
aoo-kunSep 29, 2023 7:33 PM
Sep 29, 2023 7:30 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Reply to AkeZZZ
That was a great ending. Gladfully, Ruka did not ruin anything in this episode. Oh! Mami, you're still alive.
I scanned the QR code on Mini's t-shirt and it turned out to be Serizawa Yuu's Instagram. lol
@AkeZZZ
LOL same about the QR code. I thought it was gonna be a cool link to a S4 announcement or something, but nope
Sep 29, 2023 7:54 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Good on Kazuya for getting her to let it all out. Mizuhara holding all of those feelings inside isn't healthy.

Overall, this is likely the best season yet. Great character development for Kazuya and Mizuhara, substantial story development with the funding/creation of the movie and the passing of Mizuhara's grandma. She was the driving force to much of Mizuhara's actions, so now that she's gone, it will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

The scenes where Mizuhara's grandma starts to pass and also her crying in this episode were handled with grace. I think the season as a whole was well directed.

I swear someone in the animation department has a foot fetish, because we were feasting on shots of Mizuhara's feet the entire show, and it was great.

8/10
Sep 29, 2023 8:01 PM

Mar 2020
Final episode!! Enjoyed this season much. I'm happy for Mizuhara-san.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Sep 29, 2023 8:40 PM

Feb 2016

It was sad, but that crying animation was absolutely beautiful, can't lie.

By far this was the best season even with all it's flaws, maybe this was the peak because that bitch ass Mami is clearly plotting some evil shit for the next season.

I've survived 3 season of this trash, I feel stronger.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Sep 29, 2023 8:48 PM
Apr 2021
The actual development of the relationship between Kazuya and Mizuhara has taken a really long time but I feel as though it has been worth it. This episode really cemented the progress that has been made throughout the series and I really hope that if there is a seaon 4, it'll be as good or better than this one.
Sep 29, 2023 8:48 PM

Jun 2019
That's probably the best animated crying I've seen. The way she struggled to hold her tears, lost of breath, mouth movement, etc was so realistic. It reminded of someone I know who cried to me almost that way. And Sora Amamiya's acting to top it all.
Sep 29, 2023 8:52 PM
Oct 2018
The girl is crying on her shoulder and he can't even hug her. Spineless. Still a very enjoyable season, probably the best out of the three.
Sep 29, 2023 9:24 PM
Mar 2015
The ideal GF speech was one of our bois best moments It allowed Mizuhara to cry Glad the movie was a success Now she realizes how much effort he made to deliver the movie to the hosptial
With Mamie I feel like Mike Corleone Just when I think I am out they drag me back She is still trying to get back at our boi and Mizuhara
Sep 29, 2023 9:29 PM

Feb 2019
Late to the party since I had to run to the movies earlier, just now finishing up the Kanokari finale and wow, what a good capstone to a great season. I’m actually going to miss this on Fridays.

Chizuru breaking down in Kazuya’s arms after he worked up the courage to tell her she’s his ideal girl was so nice. A ton of respect shown there by Kazuya to not just wrap his arms around her. He wanted the focus to be purely on her and her emotions. Respect. You knew the dam would break eventually and she’d breakdown. No one can ignore all the loss she’s dealt with. This whole season has really been building up to this one scene and Amamiya Sora did a masterful job.

The development of their relationship and Kazuya’s growth throughout this season has been so fun to see. They’ve both pushed each other to be better.

How tf did Yaemori sneak in his bed like that 💀 she’s so unserious, love her.

Chizuru talking to her grandparents 😢 man that was a tough scene. She really got no family left. Kazuya is like the only person she can depend on besides herself. To be at that point so young is really tragic. Despite all of that she’s stood tall. I respect that.

The movie premiere went great! That’s good to see. After all the work everyone put into it, it’s nice to see it being well received. It seems Chizuru is more focused than ever on becoming an actress now thanks in no small part to Kazuya. The little glances she steals at him throughout this episode are so cute.

Ruka still tryna figure out ways to get Kazuya lmao man let it go it’s over. 😂

Awesome season and I hope we get a 4th season. 🙏🏾
Marinate1016Sep 29, 2023 9:37 PM
Sep 29, 2023 9:48 PM
Sep 2023
holy shit i hate kazuya so much. i have the violent urge to pulverize his cranium. 10/10 best season if you say otherwise you are simply wrong
thebiggestDSep 29, 2023 10:10 PM
Sep 29, 2023 9:50 PM

Jun 2021
Aw man, couldn't even give her a hug. Let alone pat her back. Should give a hug when someone broke down and cried. Kazuya through and through. Gotta appreciate his efforts though. The third season all the way to the finale was fine. Surprisingly had its good moments.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Where's the fourth season? Why has there not been any announcement?

TsutanaiFuun - May 6

20 by GarixKun »»
May 12, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jul 7, 2023

164 by kibin233 »»
May 11, 12:11 PM

» But how? ( 1 2 )

BestWeebOT - Jun 13, 2023

52 by RTEnnnimop213 »»
May 5, 3:22 AM

» Chizuru in the opening of ep 12 (spoiler)

fxcksotired - May 2

3 by Ab_271004 »»
May 3, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Kazuya is honestly a great guy

Shizuna - Apr 9

17 by Rayane-47 »»
Apr 14, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.