Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2023 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
I'm glad to see Michi enjoying judo again and plus, their club does need more members anyway.

Thought this episode was fun with the light atmosphere and energy. School life is pretty normal for this anime and everyone is making memories already. Michi seems like someone easy to get along with.
Jan 15, 2023 9:53 AM

Apr 2016
Good on the glasses girl, mustering enough courage to ask for permission to continue the Judo, even in the high school, you go girl, protect that place you hold dear, the place you belong.

This also marks the beginning of Judo club soon to be terrorizing school hallways...
Jan 15, 2023 10:37 AM
Jan 2021
My wholesome medicine for 2023. Last year, it was Akebi's Sailor Uniform. This year, Mou Ippon!
Jan 15, 2023 10:44 AM

Jul 2011
Do some outdoor judo sounds nice.

I was hoping to see people being thrown around, when they appeared with the dogi to buy the coronet
Jan 15, 2023 11:27 AM

Mar 2021
It was nice to see sanae muster the courage to get her parents permission to continue Judo and i just love Michi she is just so adorable
Jan 15, 2023 12:17 PM
Nov 2022
CUTE! I'm loving this anime, every character is loveable. Made me tear up when Hiura saw Michi's love of judo and made it her goal to get into the same school and do judo together. Michi herself continues to be a ball of sunshine and fun, this girl is too cool.
Jan 15, 2023 2:19 PM

Dec 2013
Towa is too pure but thankfully her Judogi gives her courage.
Jan 15, 2023 3:22 PM

Nov 2016
This show is lovely af

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 15, 2023 4:37 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like Towa chan had to learn the hard way about...

JAPANESE LUNCH TIME RUSH!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 15, 2023 5:19 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This episode secured this show as a good pick this season if episode 1 didn’t already, not much judo happening but some great SoL. I really liked Sanae’s situation with her family, it was probably really hard to go against her promise to her parents but seeing how she reacted to Michi and reflecting on her past with judo there was no way she could stay away, her dad was very based too lol, he probably chills out to some “Wake of the Flood” with a cool beverage, trust me I know my stuff lol.

I also really liked Towa’s moments in this one, it’s funny how the judogi helps her gain confidence lol, but I also feel that too. The fact she decided on that school just to apologize to Michi for embarrassing her is funny too, but of course that wasn’t the only reason, doing judo with Michi is definitely a respectable reason imo, I think these two will reach big heights together. And I also liked how she grew a bit by the end of the episode by being able to get what she wanted at the school store, pulling up in their club outfits was great too lol. And man what a good ED, really really liked it.
Jan 15, 2023 5:26 PM

Apr 2021
reminds me so much of bamboo blade
Jan 15, 2023 6:04 PM

Sep 2021
This is such a wholesome show. The art and music support the atmosphere very well too! I was smiling over the entire episode!
Jan 15, 2023 8:08 PM

Jun 2015
I really like how they are adapting the manga. The direction, the detail in the animation and the music transmit very well what corresponds, even though they have errors in the drawing and correction I notice a project with good intention and as a fan of the manga I appreciate that work. I hope they can keep it that way or even improve in the important fights.
Jan 15, 2023 9:08 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
Nagumo trying to steal Sonoda's bread had me howling. That whole bit was hilarious. I love this show.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Jan 15, 2023 9:32 PM
Jan 2021
i remember my criticism of Re-mains and Kageki Shojo, on how those show just using it main premises to be an excuse for them to make a Slice-of-life anime. like, how many times did we spend on polo matches or stages in that anime? like one or two?

But this anime surprises me! at the hindsight it just looks like an underbudget show with an unique premises that would get shoves out later to make room for Slice-of-life, but no! they actually animated the sports scenes fluidly, and there's an actual attention to the physics and rules of the sports to shows how much they care

it promising, and i would surely keep an eyes on this show moving forward
Jan 15, 2023 11:31 PM

Jan 2021
Episode 1 was great, and so was this one. It's like a sports Slice of Life. After this episode though, I think I finally get what it must feel like to work hard for something for a long time, just to have someone be better in a much shorter amount of time.

Jan 16, 2023 2:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the quality animation decrease!!!

Well, the girls have a club!!! kekeke
Jan 16, 2023 2:21 AM

Sep 2020
The Judo club is formed! I liked the whole dynamic between Sanae and her parents and that they let her join the club. I wonder who the person at the end was... the coach?

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 16, 2023 2:54 AM

Jul 2017
The restart of the Judo Club with Towa, Michi, Sanae, especially for the latter who had once been in judo before and fractured herself, she's hesitating a lot. Though the awkward Towa still has aways to go with her communication. For Sanae, winning her first ippon after the fracture, it's a memory to remember.

Towa having to kowtow to Michi for the over-exaggerated match and coming over to West Aoba to apologize to her, she might be a wreck in communication, but her passion is strong in judo. Sanae's parents, knowing that their own daughter is not givng up on judo, decides to give in to her and gives their approval, which is nice to see. The Judo Club is formed/revived/restarted (whatever it is), and Towa being like the heavyweight champion of the group, it's going to take the Club to greater heights.

Good dynamics.
Jan 16, 2023 2:55 AM

Jan 2021
I was worried because I thought Sanae wouldn't join the club or she would join the judo club secretly from her parents... luckily your father is considerate and supportive, right, Sanae~ so happy for you ♡

It was funny seeing Towa, Michi, Sanae and Nagumo using their judo and kendo uniforms to buy bread on the "battlefield" xD hahahah it was also an interesting way to attract people to join the club :D

Jan 16, 2023 8:37 AM

Oct 2017
Really liking Michi, she's so cheerful. Sanae getting permission from her parents was nice, attagirl. Animation went downhill but it's okay.
Jan 16, 2023 12:59 PM

May 2015
It gets a bit more interesting than the first episode. It would be nice for Michi to become stronger. And poor Towa, she's so shy. But they managed to get some pastry in the end. Hope that's not the only thing they have for dinner, though.
Jan 16, 2023 2:49 PM
Jan 2019
HueyLion said:
Looks like Towa chan had to learn the hard way about...

JAPANESE LUNCH TIME RUSH!
one of the best koroko no basket gags
Jan 16, 2023 3:05 PM
Jan 2019
if only people aren't overlooking or underselling this hidden gem with the score

nice feels good episode we got this time, sanae interaction with her family was wholesome .. sometimes with the parent-less shounen and how none factor families in anime genrally are ..it's always lovely to just see a normal and common place family interaction .. the girls are lovely so far and i can't wait to see the coach and i would assume the fifth and last girl as far as what the ED visuals depicted

also i love that they didn't make the difference in strength vs the difference in years of experience a focal point , drama or otherwise, because as someone who did martial arts and as someone who did judo precisely you an always see that practice makes perfect in form and performance, but there are gaps that even the experience can't surpass so better not dwell on them and let them drag you down 

i think their match in the 1st ep was a great indication of that where hiura was clearly the strongest one but michi almost pulled an ippon purely on experience 

this soon became one of my most anticipated this season so i cannot wait to see more of it, really hope they give the judo fights from here on even more love when they happen .. the mich vs hiura was nice and the shot of mich dropping hiura at the end of ep 1 was the highlight of the episode so i hope we get something equal or a bit better as we go, but even without that i'll still look forward to this show
Jan 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Jul 2016
Towa is so adorable. And to think such a shy person could easily beat the shit out of me.
Jan 16, 2023 8:35 PM

Dec 2021
Nope. I can't take this anymore (Not even 10 minutes into the episode, I'm done), this just ain't my type of sports anime. Guess I'll hope that the next Judo anime doesn't take another 30ish years to come out.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jan 16, 2023 10:29 PM
Jan 2021
maybe I'm misunderstanding the sport but didnt Michi say in ep 1 she never scored an ippon? then why is she talking about a bunch of ippon wins she had while carrying the tatami mats?
Jan 16, 2023 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
I like Michi's voice. That's about it
Jan 17, 2023 8:47 AM

Sep 2020
Now the club is finally back, and also I don't really want to eat those bread every day.
Jan 17, 2023 9:47 AM

Oct 2008
i'm here just enjoying this relax wholesome judo show!
5/5.

Jan 18, 2023 7:43 AM

Apr 2012
Am I really the only one who enjoys this show as an all-female sport shonen and didn't come here to drool and convince myself that this is a "wholesome" CGDCT SoL?

Jan 18, 2023 4:08 PM

Nov 2013
asking guardians to sign papers was difficult lol specially if the thing was for a bad behaviour
the way mother was talking really didn't help her with getting courage

kendo items are smelly haha
oh a cat sleeping on used clothes, i have the same problem lol sometimes mine goes sleep in the chair on top of mine so i need to use new ones

7:35 the way the tatami mats kept falling lol
speaking of tatami mats, aren't they supposed to be impossible to clean? is it a good idea to let them fall? also don't they get dirty from matches? unless it's a different type
(edit: just googled and indeed, judo mats are washable... ok)

ippons are so memorable that she reminds all of hers
didnt expect them to start fighting in the middle of the school grounds with everyone looking
(then again, maybe someone joins after seeing that)

that fighting for bread... i'd probably go find something somewhere else, screw that :D

yep Towa fell in love with Michi after just one match, and just had to stay with her forever, beautiful love story lol

i guess that using your uniform helps with having courage

Sanae managed to ask her parents, but she better keep up her grades :D

LOL the way the 4 arrived and shouted 4 cornets and scared everyone was awesome
also choco cornets remind me of Rimi from Bandori :D

yay club is back
LOL the way Michi was stepping on the kendo side multiple times, what a troll :D

Towa too op, she started way later than Sanae and actually made it to nationals
after feeling discouraged for a moment, Michi came back and is ready to get stronger by practicing with the best
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 19, 2023 1:09 AM

Apr 2012
winddevil1 said:
asking guardians to sign papers was difficult lol specially if the thing was for a bad behaviour
the way mother was talking really didn't help her with getting courage

kendo items are smelly haha
oh a cat sleeping on used clothes, i have the same problem lol sometimes mine goes sleep in the chair on top of mine so i need to use new ones

7:35 the way the tatami mats kept falling lol
speaking of tatami mats, aren't they supposed to be impossible to clean? is it a good idea to let them fall? also don't they get dirty from matches? unless it's a different type
(edit: just googled and indeed, judo mats are washable... ok)

ippons are so memorable that she reminds all of hers
didnt expect them to start fighting in the middle of the school grounds with everyone looking
(then again, maybe someone joins after seeing that)

that fighting for bread... i'd probably go find something somewhere else, screw that :D

yep Towa fell in love with Michi after just one match, and just had to stay with her forever, beautiful love story lol

i guess that using your uniform helps with having courage

Sanae managed to ask her parents, but she better keep up her grades :D

LOL the way the 4 arrived and shouted 4 cornets and scared everyone was awesome
also choco cornets remind me of Rimi from Bandori :D

yay club is back
LOL the way Michi was stepping on the kendo side multiple times, what a troll :D

Towa too op, she started way later than Sanae and actually made it to nationals
after feeling discouraged for a moment, Michi came back and is ready to get stronger by practicing with the best
I don't know what kind of love story you came up with, but there is no romance at all in this show. Intentionally, it is even called one of the main features of the original manga. It's a typical nakama-power shonen, if you came here for moe yuri then you've misunderstood.
Jan 19, 2023 4:59 AM

Nov 2013
RobertBobert said:
I don't know what kind of love story you came up with, but there is no romance at all in this show. Intentionally, it is even called one of the main features of the original manga. It's a typical nakama-power shonen, if you came here for moe yuri then you've misunderstood.
just cause i said "Towa fell in love with Michi" doesn't mean i'm expecting yuri lol 
fell in love (at least for me) can also mean stuff like admiration/respect

also, if nothing else, the fact she was all crazy about getting in the same school and playing judo with her, after interacting with her for like 5 minutes during the match... it's sus :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 19, 2023 5:06 AM

Apr 2012
winddevil1 said:
RobertBobert said:
just cause i said "Towa fell in love with Michi" doesn't mean i'm expecting yuri lol 

also, if nothing else, the fact she was all crazy about getting in the same school and playing judo with her, after interacting with her for like 5 minutes during the match... it's sus :v
Fell in love first of all means to fall in love. I don't believe that the English language is so poor at describing Platonic things that people have consistently begun to describe any Platonic interaction in romantically charged words. It's just misleading about what people meant.

There is nothing sus about this unless you have never had friends or people you admire. Also, this is fiction, it somewhat exaggerates things for ease of depiction. She literally wants to be friends with a girl who impressed her incredibly in the sport they play together, what's the sus?
Jan 19, 2023 5:16 AM

Nov 2013

RobertBobert said:
winddevil1 said:

Fell in love first of all means to fall in love. I don't believe that the English language is so poor at describing Platonic things that people have consistently begun to describe any Platonic interaction in romantically charged words. It's just misleading about what people meant.

There is nothing sus about this unless you have never had friends or people you admire. Also, this is fiction, it somewhat exaggerates things for ease of depiction. She literally wants to be friends with a girl who impressed her incredibly in the sport they play together, what's the sus?

and what the problem with falling in love meaning falling in love?
even if it means a different thing for me, it doesn't change anything, since i was never expecting this to be yuri

probably nothing wrong, but going to a school, probably not even the one that's closer to your house, just cause you were impressed with someone you met for a couple minutes... it sounds like too much respect lol she wasn't even sure if Michi would go there, as we heard she was barely accepted, and she also heard her saying she was tired of all the problems that judo gave her, like broken necks, passing out, etc (even if she "knew" that Michi would go back)

also, why didn't she respect the ones that actually went to nationals and played with her there? only possible reason is because they weren't "having fun", and they were instead trying to win by having a serious expression
Jan 19, 2023 5:26 AM

Apr 2012
winddevil1 said:

RobertBobert said:

even if it means a different thing for me, it doesn't change anything, since i was never expecting this to be yuri

probably nothing wrong, but going to a school, probably not even the one that's closer to your house, just cause you were impressed with someone you met for a couple minutes... it sounds like too much respect lol she wasn't even sure if Michi would go there, as we heard she was barely accepted, and she also heard her saying she was tired of all the problems that judo gave her, like broken necks, passing out, etc (even if she "knew" that Michi would go back)

also, why didn't she respect the ones that actually went to nationals and played with her there? only possible reason is because they weren't "having fun", and they were instead trying to win by having a serious expression
The problem is that from the outside it looks like an overreaction to a normal interaction. As if you were a fujoshi who declared Naruto and Sasuke a couple just because they exchanged lines.  And the abuse of romantic vocabulary for casual interactions is still over the top. As if the romantic interaction is the only important or existing one and therefore it is imperative to call friends a couple, etc.

AND? Again, what's in that sus? Not only do you keep ignoring that it's fiction that somewhat idealizes things, but you also seem to deny the very fact that a person can admire someone's success in her sport and want to be friends with them. You can also see it in a bunch of other shonens where tough rivals get transferred to MC school as they are impressed with his skills. Is that also sus? Let's say I'm the same age as Ronaldu and I want to study with him in the same class, impressed by his football skills. Am I gay who developed crush on him?
Jan 19, 2023 5:38 AM

Nov 2013
RobertBobert said:
winddevil1 said:

The problem is that from the outside it looks like an overreaction to a normal interaction. As if you were a fujoshi who declared Naruto and Sasuke a couple just because they exchanged lines.  And the abuse of romantic vocabulary for casual interactions is still over the top. As if the romantic interaction is the only important or existing one and therefore it is imperative to call friends a couple, etc.

AND? Again, what's in that sus? Not only do you keep ignoring that it's fiction that somewhat idealizes things, but you also seem to deny the very fact that a person can admire someone's success in her sport and want to be friends with them. You can also see it in a bunch of other shonens where tough rivals get transferred to MC school as they are impressed with his skills. Is that also sus? Let's say I'm the same age as Ronaldu and I want to study with him in the same class, impressed by his football skills. Am I gay who developed crush on him?
whatever, you win
even tho that wasn't my intention... i guess i can't use imagination now, i'm instantly a fujoshi just cause i imagine 2 people liking each other even if they are just friends ... now i'm expecting some kind of life sentence for this behaviour i had while watching one of the 40+ anime i watched this week

but next time at least use an example of a player you can meet in school, i doubt Ronaldo will still go to one now, and if he did it would probably be an expensive place 
Jan 19, 2023 5:45 AM

Apr 2012
winddevil1 said:
RobertBobert said:

whatever, you win
even tho that wasn't my intention... i guess i can't use imagination now, i'm instantly a fujoshi just cause i imagine 2 people liking each other even if they are just friends ... now i'm expecting some kind of life sentence for this behaviour i had while watching one of the 40+ anime i watched this week

but next time at least use an example of a player you can meet in school, i doubt Ronaldo will still go to one now, and if he did it would probably be an expensive place 
I didn't even try to win, shipping nonsense about wanting to be friends with someone you admire is being sus, not the most interesting thing for me to spend time on. However, if the reasoning about how real the possibility of my meeting with Ronaldo is the only thing you can answer to my far from the most complex and ambiguous example, I really "won".
Jan 19, 2023 6:02 AM

Nov 2013
RobertBobert said:
winddevil1 said:
whatever, you win

I didn't even try to win, shipping nonsense about wanting to be friends with someone you admire is being sus, not the most interesting thing for me to spend time on. However, if the reasoning about how real the possibility of my meeting with Ronaldo is the only thing you can answer to my far from the most complex and ambiguous example, I really "won".
yes, you did great at wasting both of our time with a problem that only you could have seen (in a couple words in the middle of a long comment), you really won lol good job

also yeah, i'm sorry i'm so stupid that i can't find an answer to your example, but no, you probably aren't gay for wanting to play with him

but does that matter? would someone judge you if you secretly liked him? could you not get a girlfriend in the future just cause you liked him? also, are fujoshis (and whatever the name for yuri ones) bad people now? like you said it's an anime, author can do whatever they want and i can watch it however i feel like 
Jan 19, 2023 6:12 AM

Apr 2012
winddevil1 said:
RobertBobert said:
yes, you did great at wasting both of our time with a problem that only you could have seen (in a couple words in the middle of a long comment), you really won lol good job

also yeah, i'm sorry i'm so stupid that i can't find an answer to your example, but no, you probably aren't gay for wanting to play with him

but does that matter? would someone judge you if you secretly liked him? could you not get a girlfriend in the future just cause you liked him? also, are fujoshis (and whatever the name for yuri ones) bad people now? like you said it's an anime, author can do whatever they want and i can watch it however i feel like 
I will give you a little hint - by artificially continuing this dialogue only to say at least something in response to me, you are clearly not doing something meaningful either. You are already one step away from the memetic "how many angels can fit on the tip of a needle."
Jan 19, 2023 6:53 AM

Nov 2013
RobertBobert said:
winddevil1 said:

I will give you a little hint - by artificially continuing this dialogue only to say at least something in response to me, you are clearly not doing something meaningful either. You are already one step away from the memetic "how many angels can fit on the tip of a needle."
yep, i'm finally understanding why Marinate instantly goes with "i don't care, don't reply to me" everytime someone says something to him in the forum, this is so mendokusai lmao
Jan 19, 2023 6:46 PM

Feb 2014
I think I'm watching this show for the wrong reason
“Villainy?” he interrupted. “My dear child, all that’s mere verbiage, prattle.
Nothing’s villainous if it causes an erection, and the single crime that exists in this world is to refuse anything that might produce a discharge.”
Jan 21, 2023 8:59 AM

Jul 2016
This show is very very relaxing and cute, although I really like the judo animation and combat the most. I hope that this show becomes slightly more sports oriented in future episodes, because as is it appears to just be a slice of life. Looking for a little more Haikyuu and a little less K-On.
Jan 22, 2023 12:27 PM

Oct 2015
Love the trio. Hope they get stronger together.
   HuaLian <3
Jan 22, 2023 2:40 PM

Apr 2012
HydrangeaZ said:
This show is very very relaxing and cute, although I really like the judo animation and combat the most. I hope that this show becomes slightly more sports oriented in future episodes, because as is it appears to just be a slice of life. Looking for a little more Haikyuu and a little less K-On.
The original manga never focused on SoL, it's literally an all-female Yawara.
Jan 25, 2023 6:21 AM

Mar 2020
This has been a pleasant surprise for me, especially with how unremarkable and by the numbers the summary for this makes it seem. Many slice of life anime of this variety typically intersperse the whole working towards your dream aspect with obnoxious melodramatic humour where the characters all scream at one another, whereas by comparison there's a level of subtlety and restraint here that makes it possible for me to feel the relaxing vibes that these shows attempt to capitalise on. The animation and visual presentation has been pretty impressive in a few spots, too. Don't know why I've seen that being knocked here and there.

Probs my favourite of the season from all that I've sifted through thus far, though it isn't something I wouldn't give up in favour of watching something else. I may come back and skim through some of the later episodes just to see if anything hooks me, though.
Jan 31, 2023 11:28 PM
May 2020
There is visibly no budget (at least relative to what I usually watch) but it's pretty charming despite that. Loved the dancing bit in the ED.
Feb 13, 2023 5:27 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I actually like our cast here. They're all charming. I'm also liking the themes so far.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 10, 2023 1:02 AM
May 2023
Another great and fun episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2023

45 by Dedita »»
Apr 15, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2023

26 by Seabury »»
Mar 6, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2023

28 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2023

18 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2023

67 by Animes_never_die »»
Aug 23, 2023 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.