Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 3, 2023 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
Episode 1 streamed online today from AbemaTV. 

I must say, this first episode feels like it tied some metaphors with that freezing ice, especially for Himuro. His first encounter with Fuyutsuki is a bit strange but I think can I get used to it. Looks like we got a fair amount of characters introduced to that company in this first episode. There's also some animal charcteristics thrown into the show with characters like Komori.

Cute start imo. Quite lighthearted in terms of storytelling.
Jan 3, 2023 6:00 AM

Jul 2017
ABEMA Early Stream.

Takao Sakuma's OP is slick and cool, I like it!

This reminds me a lot of WotaKoi with an adult workplace cast. The main leads of the workforce newbies of cool female colleague yuki-onna Fuyutsuki (with her cat Nyamero) and the snow woman descendant ice guy Himuro, plus other colleagues of fox girl descendant Komori and the typical guy Saejima, they're for sure an unusual bunch, with their boss being a descendant of the Great Buddha.

More so for Himuro expressing his emotions through ice and snow, even to the point of creating a snowstorm around him when he's engrossed. Everyone but the yuki-onna Fuyutsuki knows as he develops an interest in her. Himuro likes flowers and cats, but because of his icy temperament, he cannot get anywhere near either. So Fuyutsuki got him both straw bedding and cat's whiskers just to let him have a feel.

Nowlu is back for another ED, and it is good. A very slow, but subtle and simple rom-com just like WotaKoi, and it works fine.
Gonna be a feel-good fantasy rom-com.
KANLen09Jan 4, 2023 11:36 AM
Jan 3, 2023 6:31 AM
Dec 2022
The main story seems comedy around Himuro-kun but ineffective due to moving slowly. Moreover, the fantasy world view was unclear at Ep.1.

The two main characters look umbalanced: whereas Himuro-kun has unique skills and emotional faces, Fuyutsuki-san is just monotone person with kindness.

Komori-san was cheerful and cute👍
Jan 3, 2023 9:30 PM
Jan 2015
It's shoujo (women targeted) anime
Jan 4, 2023 2:39 AM

Jan 2021
Oooohh, this feels like watching a korean romance drama :3 I knew this would make me diabetic again, this is so adorable and sweet (ノˊᗜˋ*)♡ I also noticed that Fuyutsuki uses different earrings every day :D that's a nice detail.

Thank you for this, at least I know I'll be happy every wednesday for the next 3 months lol. 

Liked the OP and ED as well <3

Jan 4, 2023 6:54 AM

Apr 2010
The pase so far is slow but not to slow which gives it a nice feeling.
The characters seems nice tho the mains need some work and i hope they get a lot of character development since that's something we didn't see this episode.
There was a lot of focus on the relationship but not much on the personality of the characters.
Jan 4, 2023 7:08 AM

Apr 2016
Hey, this wasn't bad at all.

The main girl is as empty as she's supposed to be, so all the OL yosei ladies can have it easy and nice to self insert. The main dude is as cute and unrealistically portrayed as the OL yosei ladies want him to be, and of course the classic "wild" secondary to be pair to break the mundanity of all the situations.

This very much reminds me Wotakoi, that one also had this from the female point of view caricature style of characters and world settings, + this one is also fantasy to spice things.

But still, for now good. Also, how long are the manga chapters ? By how the episode was structured it feels like it's just a bunch of 1/2 page chapters put all together.
Jan 4, 2023 7:26 AM
Aug 2022
THIS IS SO CUTE I LOVE IT SM 😭😭 and the op and ed is sooo good
Jan 4, 2023 7:30 AM

Jul 2021
I'm quite ahead with the manga (Though eng translations are quite slow imo) so I can read the whole situation going on without subs lol but I find their interaction not too annoying or anything, even if most might find Ice Guy to be one but I considered it as some kind of humor going along with him & female colleague because of the whole mythical of Ice as some kind of metaphorical part of the whole series. I'm not fond with the character design nor deep about it but wished that they put more polish to it however, the closeups sort of compensates it and the background looks typical but clean.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 4, 2023 7:33 AM
May 2021
the first episode is boring for me, but I'm still going to continue this one
Jan 4, 2023 8:00 AM

Apr 2012
it was 'fine' until the whiskers part, then they lost me
Jan 4, 2023 8:11 AM
Jan 2021
The animation and the colors are really vibrant, the little snowmans popping up when ever he gets happy really made me laugh and I'm interested to know more, definitely will continue watching!
Jan 4, 2023 8:15 AM

Nov 2016
Cute start, I'm just disappointed by how mediocre the production value is.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 4, 2023 8:16 AM

Apr 2022
Well, I guess we'll have to wait a week to learn what's wrong with Okinawa
Jan 4, 2023 8:25 AM
Jul 2021
Weekly sugar sweetness
Jan 4, 2023 8:32 AM
Sep 2019
good start, great animation
Jan 4, 2023 8:35 AM

Oct 2017
I was really looking forward to this show and this was kind of a disappointing premiere. I wasn't expecting this to be a supernatural show but that's fine. What I can't stand is the mc blushing every few minutes. Also it's just the first episode and things already felt a bit repetative. The fmc does a cool thing or helps mc and him constantly blushing after that. I do like the fmc though. Anyway I hope this show gets better.
Jan 4, 2023 8:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was so painfully average.

I'm surprised it ended up being this repetitive in jokes and dialogue, that's not gonna sit well with me if they continue like that.
Jan 4, 2023 8:41 AM
Nov 2017
It's cute, although the first episode was a little repetitive, I'll keep watching

Curious to know what's wrong in Okinaya
Jan 4, 2023 8:46 AM

Feb 2022
I like this so far, am i right in thinking her name "Fuyutsuki" is something like "Winter Moon" 

Komori is super cute and fluffy 

Typical cat, loving the bag more than the gift
Jan 4, 2023 9:00 AM

Jul 2011
I hope that by the 6th episode they are dating already. The sooner the better. Get that tension out.

Hope to see a lot of Komori.
Jan 4, 2023 9:01 AM
Jun 2022

Ha d a lot of good character development especially for the ice guy
Jan 4, 2023 9:03 AM

Jul 2022
The OP sounds great on a decent sound system turned UP.
A pleasant, very cute way to warm up on a Winter morning. I like that it's so chill and steamy hot at the same time - fun balance.

Again, love the music.
Jan 4, 2023 9:15 AM
Certified Otaku
Nov 2012
Oh man, add this to the list of fantastic office romances! The first episode rocked. The music was great, really set the mood well. The main guy is too wholesome for this world. I wasn't expecting to see a fox girl show up right off the bat. Will need to investigate to see if the manga for this is getting an English print yet, cus if not, someone needs to get on that.
Jan 4, 2023 9:23 AM

Apr 2020
She is so cute 🥰, the type of anime I will watch to calm myself down.
another good ED song from Nowlu.
Jan 4, 2023 9:23 AM

May 2020
Ishikawa Yui is a certified master when it comes to voicing empty souls, right? Like just for once do something different lol.

Decent enough start, I expected it to be this way. Though the descendants part came a bit surprising, I mean who would've thought they'll take "nervously frozen" joke this seriously.
Jan 4, 2023 9:25 AM
May 2020
a cold guy with a warm personality and a cool headed gyal... the wholesome levels are strong with this one
Jan 4, 2023 9:27 AM

Mar 2020
Quite pleasant production valllues for a show of this sort, the story somewhat jumps around the «normal» days on this compnay where fantastic elemnets are added and the world surrounding this show keeps itself very much closed down making the overall atmosphere feel slightly clautrophobic. The character interaction feel obnoxiously staged and unnatural, although it's simply the first episode I can't see this particular anime rising above a very average SOL Rom-Com. Either way I'll be here all season to accompany it. Very excited to see all that Winter 2023 has to give us !
Jan 4, 2023 9:45 AM
Jul 2016
Took a break from watching "Legend of the Galatic Heroes", got whiplash from seeing modern animation for a second there.

Anyway, I did read the manga first; I didn't even realize how similar Himuro is to Elsa (from Disney's Frozen). At least power-wise.

Also he makes cute wittle snowmen ☃️ ⛄️ ☃️.

Anyway, chill/10.
Jan 4, 2023 10:11 AM

Apr 2008
I was pleased with the first episode. Looking forward to see more of their relationship. The opening song is very cute.
Jan 4, 2023 10:37 AM
Jun 2021
I liked the manga, I LOVE this anime
Jan 4, 2023 11:25 AM

Jun 2015
This anime is so cute. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 4, 2023 11:33 AM
Dec 2016
I have seen anime way worst in overall quality but at least with a story that can keep you invested in more than one episode. I wanted to drop this when the monologue wasn't even 30 seconds in but I kept going hoping that I would find something promising. That's 20 minutes of my time I am not going to get back.
Jan 4, 2023 12:01 PM

Jan 2018
My weekly fluff of the season is here. Can't wait for the comfy and wholesome moments between my goats Fuyutsuki and Himuro in the anime.
Jan 4, 2023 12:15 PM
Dec 2021
great episode. this anime seems good.
Jan 4, 2023 12:27 PM

Jul 2015
The cat is cute, the snowmen are cute, Himuro is cute, fox girl is cute, Fuyutsuki is alright so far for a romance anime female MC.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
✦ set by Araberu
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Jan 4, 2023 12:36 PM

May 2015
Great episode. I didn't expect the kuudere to already be interested in the male lead. 

I love the guy's kansai accent he's got going. (At least I think its a kansai accent. Could be wrong) 

This is gonna be a super wholesome series that I'll 100% re-watch once its done. Always happy to get more wholesome romances. I do hope it has some sort of coherent story to it and not just short scenes like this. Like the full episode being them doing something and scenes connecting together rather than being separated.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 4, 2023 12:39 PM

Dec 2016
This first episode left me a bit cold (sorry). Characters and writing seemed uninspired and a bit boring. Was really looking forward to a fun workplace romance, but was rather disappointed by this. Chemistry between the two MCs felt flat and the supporting cast also struck me as a bit bland. Fingers crossed that future episodes will get better.  Right now, just a meh for me. 

Edit - completely forgot about the cat. Cats are always a plus. More cat screen time and I’ll up my score a star. Lol
Jan 4, 2023 12:41 PM

Aug 2013
A little to repetitive for me. I'm not dropping it yet, because main girl and that fox girl are great, but I don't have high expectations for this anime.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 4, 2023 1:15 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty calm and slow opening song to start with. The most extreme reaction when being nervous on your first day thats for sure. Still that has to be the most unique of first meetings for anyone. But good fortune indeed for them to be neighbours in work. The company sure has some interesting staff though. Must be tough though at freezing those around him when he gets nervous. But the growing bonds between them are really cute. Overall a solid opening ep that while doing well to intruduce the cast also did well to showcase the strong sense of chemistry between them as well. Curious as to why he seems so worried about going to Okinawa though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2023 1:32 PM
Feb 2022
got to say, i was'nt sure what to expect at first but i found it kind of relaxing, if that makes sense, the slower pace and the music especially
Jan 4, 2023 1:34 PM

Sep 2021
Seems really cute so far! On the one hand, I can see this becoming repetitive really easily- so hopefully there are some developments to keep things interesting. But on the other hand, I was looking for a light, simple romance to casually enjoy this season- and I think this could work. I love the 'emotionally closed-off people slowly open up to each other' trope, so I'll be really happy if they do it well! Also, Fuyutsuki-san's relationship with her cat is actually so adorable! ♡

I wasn't sure how much of this would just be a metaphor, but it looks like they're going all in on the supernatural aspects with some of the workers being descended from spirits and all. Not much else to say yet, really, but it looks like Wednesdays will at least be... chill... and cozy with this anime. Going to keep my expectations low and just enjoy the ride~

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Jan 4, 2023 1:37 PM

Jun 2020
Weeeeeeeeeee workplace romance, was looking forward to this one. I like the supernatural elements just casually thrown into the mix lol. Omg I loveeeee the OP, I replayed it so many times. The OST is really nice too & I feel adds to the scenes. And I love how expressive their eyes are. Really cute first episode, can’t wait for more!!

ALSO THEIR SECTION CHIEF HAHAHAHAHAHA

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 4, 2023 1:40 PM

Aug 2022
a cute episode! I agree that it feels a bit repetitive but again it's only the first episode. regardless it seems very lighthearted and feel-good.
Jan 4, 2023 1:50 PM
Jan 2020
It's quite good 
Jan 4, 2023 2:00 PM
Aug 2017
This has to be one of the most boring first episodes I've seen in a while. That being said tho, the characters are cute and I will keep watching in hope of a better pace and well to see more of it. I don't tend to judge a series based on the first episode only.
Jan 4, 2023 2:18 PM
Oct 2021
really enjoyed this first episode. went in to it not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. excited for next week
Jan 4, 2023 2:19 PM
May 2021
this first episode was really cute. i have a feeling it'll end up being a nice comfort anime this season that will just melt away all my stress when i watch it
My 2023 candies:
Jan 4, 2023 2:39 PM

May 2015
I wanted to like this but something just isn't clicking. I'll give it a few more episodes but can't say im to optimistic
Jan 4, 2023 3:54 PM
Feb 2022
I like it, I like it
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can anyone tell me which eps to skip?

sakuraspace - Apr 5

19 by ANormalUser »»
Apr 19, 8:16 PM

» Manga

sb-ishan-99 - Apr 1

5 by Miry4316 »»
Apr 1, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Koori Zokusei Danshi to Cool na Douryou Joshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2023

134 by Arnez »»
Mar 21, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Koori Zokusei Danshi to Cool na Douryou Joshi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2023

99 by Gaybulek »»
Mar 9, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Koori Zokusei Danshi to Cool na Douryou Joshi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2023

51 by BlueSnow93 »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.