Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2010 8:48 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Miki is freakin annoying....idk the show hasn't really explained what her problem is but for now she's just plain stupid.

Oct 3, 2010 3:07 AM

Mar 2008
So far this show has been a very awkward mix between this parent/child drama and the protagonist's romatic relationship.

Also the production quality is pathetic. From the opening theme, produced in a studio with a budget so low that they couldn't afford a pop filter (god damn, use stockings and a coat hanger if you have nothing else), to the really low budget animation, the awkward voice acting, and lame-ass chars like the nauseatingly pseudo-cute Yuzuyu.

Ah well, I'm gonna finish it anyway...
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Nov 5, 2010 10:33 PM
Feb 2009
making out in the nurse office way to g0!
Jan 27, 2011 12:30 AM

Aug 2010
swoosh said:
So far this show has been a very awkward mix between this parent/child drama and the protagonist's romatic relationship.

Also the production quality is pathetic. From the opening theme, produced in a studio with a budget so low that they couldn't afford a pop filter (god damn, use stockings and a coat hanger if you have nothing else), to the really low budget animation, the awkward voice acting, and lame-ass chars like the nauseatingly pseudo-cute Yuzuyu.

Ah well, I'm gonna finish it anyway...

Thank god I'm not alone here. It's like people refuse to admit that this anime's production value is on par with power point presentations. The anime looks and sounds like a mediocre 90s anime.
Mar 29, 2012 12:05 AM

Jan 2011
Most of the reviews I read did downgrade the production values and art for this show, so it's not like that hasn't been noted. On the other hand the quality of the story and the characters is first rate. As for the quality of the OP, I am about to add it to my playlists as I think it has to be one of the best I've heard.

Miki's arc reinforces everything I know of how tough Jr. High (Middle School) is for girls. While I hope Kippei can save her, I do believe he also needs to look after Kokoro better. Her "summer cold" may well be a result of her eating disorder and she needs him as well.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 21, 2012 4:42 PM

Nov 2011
Ah, I remember that kiss in the manga ^_^
Oct 10, 2012 7:45 PM

Nov 2009
Oh wow miki is insane! I just hope that if she is thinking of committing suicide she doesn't drag Yuzu down with her. Although I feel bad for her, she seemed so happy going into (gonna guess middle school, maybe highschool) However in the blink of an eye her whole life gets flipped upside down.
Oct 16, 2012 6:07 PM

Sep 2011
SUIIICCIIDEEEE@E342@#!@$$

The best part of this episode was Kokoro x Kippei makeout scene in the nurses office.
Mar 23, 2013 11:43 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
To me the sound of the breaking glass probably wasn't as loud as the actual roaring wind inside her head I would have imagined instead.

Yeah, judging from prior episodes Kokoro is probably not taking care of herself.
Mar 23, 2013 6:12 PM

Jul 2009
Kokoro and Kippei *.*
Miki is annoying and also wicked for telling Yuzu that she would take her to her mama =/
Mar 23, 2013 6:18 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
bittersweetlove said:
Miki is annoying and also wicked for telling Yuzu that she would take her to her mama =/
She's mixed up in the head right now, and given that then there is a sort of logic in what she's doing there as she thinks she's solving two problems with one action, though obviously it doesn't make it right.
Apr 12, 2013 11:42 PM

Dec 2007
Miki is acting like that because her father is abusive. I think it's supposed to represent a path for Yukuzu. That's if she stayed with her mom and she was abusive. Kokoro is another path. She'd end up feeling abandoned, and end up like Kokoro if she didn't have Kippei. That's my guess to why they have the Miki character. Sort of like a grown up version of Shouta.
Apr 26, 2013 10:15 AM

May 2012
What's up with Miki seriously, why was she stalking him in the first place (reminds me that we didn't see anything anymore from that first stalker girl), even though it seems that she felt something for Kippei but still after seeing that lovely scene of Kokoro and Kippei (damn that's sure some intense kissing in the nurse office, good going Kippei you're sure to get her cold :p). I really wonder what Miki will do now that she's back to her self and taking Yuzuyu with her!

Lets see what will happen next!
Nov 11, 2013 10:31 AM

Jun 2013
It's amazing how far the cruel human society can push the unprepared teens. Make sure to teach your kids to not give a damn about what people think of them from the earliest age possible and don't give them the "have many many friends" mentality. Real life is harsh and cruel, there are only a few people one can truly call friends. The rest you associate with, but generally don't progress beyond that.
Feb 28, 2015 2:26 PM

May 2014
KitaTsuki said:

Miki is freakin annoying....idk the show hasn't really explained what her problem is but for now she's just plain stupid.

Yea, they are building it up and up, making us wonder more and more but I really hope it pays off...
Oct 30, 2015 2:15 AM

Oct 2014
The only thing I loved about the whole ep was not the kiss but sensei and Kippei banter lmao.
Miki .. pls.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mar 4, 2017 3:36 PM
Aug 2014
Thought Kippei was a bit condescending to Miki, but she didn't seem to have any problems with it.
Dec 13, 2018 1:34 PM
Apr 2018
Kinda clueless about what happened to Miki.

Yuzu was cuter than usual though.
Jan 27, 2019 4:34 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
First this girl self harms, her school life has dwindled into her being basically a delinquent, and she's suicidal. Damn. I can't even tell what happened to her exactly.

And for some reason the kiss set her over the edge? As if she had romantic feelings or something???

And don't drag Yuzu into this Miki, what the fuck.
Jun 11, 2019 3:09 PM
Apr 2016
Yeah, this makes me realize how much I fucking hate teenagers. I was hoping her character was better, but nah, she's just a corny teenager. Yeah, just fucking tell a 5 year old girl that you want to die. NICU. I can see why her parents would call her a "disgrace," she was fucking reluctant about helping with basic things around the house, and from that you can tell that she never helped around at her home. Pathetic spoiled brat. Now she's getting jealous over Kippei kissing, good lord what a dumb emotionally unstable girl. The fact that she's now dragging Yuzu into this is just comical, I hate her.
Oct 28, 2021 2:24 AM

Aug 2021
can this whole subplot about Miki be dropped, I beg. she's just plainly insufferable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 1 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 13, 2009

36 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 13, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 3 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 14, 2009

21 by Uneducated_Weeb »»
Mar 4, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 22 Discussion

Alicia3000 - May 10, 2009

21 by Kuruwin »»
Sep 1, 2023 12:23 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 10 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 15, 2009

29 by Kuruwin »»
Aug 27, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Aishiteruze Baby Episode 4 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Apr 14, 2009

37 by ims-tokyo »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.