Forum Settings
Forums

[Update May 24] Interest Stacks: New feature for custom theme lists and challenges

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2022 7:14 AM

Jun 2014
It's interesting and all, but in the "Community" tab, do you think that you can move it lower? Because every time I go to click the "Forum" button in the community tab, I'm accidentally clicking this "Interest Stacks" thing every time now.

Apr 7, 2022 8:50 AM

Feb 2016
In what order are the titles in a stack listed? Some of the official stacks are organized strangely.
And how did you decide which sequels to include? Some stacks include sequels, but some don't.

What order are the stacks themselves listed in? I see the 2 challenge stacks followed by "Non-linear Storytelling in Anime" and "Anime with unconventional art styles." Why these?
Afterwards, I see they're all sorted by newest 1st. Can I change this? I'd like to see which stacks have the most restacks.
LucifrostApr 7, 2022 9:52 AM
その目だれの目?
Apr 7, 2022 8:53 AM

Feb 2010
_-_Sally_-_ said:
It's interesting and all, but in the "Community" tab, do you think that you can move it lower? Because every time I go to click the "Forum" button in the community tab, I'm accidentally clicking this "Interest Stacks" thing every time now.

Yeah, same here.

In the Stylish or Stylus extensions, you can just add this code to MAL (click the icon and myanimelist under Write Style for, copy/paste codes into it, and save). It fixes it so Forums is the top option again and Interest is second.

#nav > li:nth-child(3) > ul > li:nth-child(1)
{
margin-top: 30px;    
}

#nav > li:nth-child(3) > ul > li:nth-child(2)
{
margin-top: -60px; 
}

Apr 7, 2022 10:22 AM

Dec 2014
Actually my favourite feature that was added to MAL, and it's actually one of the best iterations of that feature I've seen on databases. Although I don't really understand why it's not just called "list" because it's basically just that.

One issue however at this point is that finding interesting lists is basically impossible unless you randomly encounter one on somebody's profile or by searching for specific words. Maybe being able to add predefined tags to your "stack" to make browsing easier would help. Other stuff that would be cool to see is having an option to deactivate a stack showing your scores when you make it, adding a view counter the author can see, adding a comment box and making a different tab for the stacks you restacked next to the tab of stacks you created yourself under "Interest Stacks" on your profile, although giving them more visibility should be the most important. The music database "rateyourmusic" is generally really good at giving custom lists visibility with some stuff they do.
HiroM_Apr 7, 2022 10:28 AM
Apr 7, 2022 10:31 AM
Discord Moderator
♕ The Golden ♕

Feb 2018
Amazing feature!

She felt that her whole life was some kind of dream
she sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

Apr 7, 2022 11:12 AM

Feb 2016
Kineta said:

(*) Note that article stacks (a description is written for each item) will default to List view. If the stack does not include any descriptions, then it will default to tile view.

Obviously it's not important now, but any chance we can get a toggle in our preferences later on to make one of the views default across the board? Opening two stacks and having them be displayed differently feels awkward.
Apr 7, 2022 12:28 PM
I like water

Feb 2020
Omg, i really like this update! Now i just most to learn how to use the stacks
Apr 7, 2022 1:22 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
@Kineta

It would be nice to be able to click the title here to go to that stack's page:

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Apr 7, 2022 1:58 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Kineta said:
At the top of each stack page, there is information about your list and actions you can take with the stack.

#1 - Number of items in your list (Watching, Completed, etc.) / Total items in the stack

That, at first glance, is a bit misleading. Can it be considered that for a future update we are allowed to make it shown just the completed anime?
Since, if there's a stack for which we have all entries on our list, it will simply show 10/10, when that isn't the case.

-----

Also, if there are still publishing/airing series included in the challenge stacks, how will that count towards the progress? Since it can't be set as completed.

-----

Looking forward to having a sorting filter there as well.

SheyCroixApr 7, 2022 2:15 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 7, 2022 3:12 PM

Jul 2019
Wow! That's an amazing update! I'll use this feature a lot.
Apr 7, 2022 3:19 PM
Fantasy lover

Aug 2017
It always goes back to tile view. Can you please let it stay at what you used last?
Apr 7, 2022 4:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Maou_heika said:
How do I request to add a title to any of the stacks created by MAL? For example Kagami no Mae de Aimashou and Ousama to Shounen wa Himitsu wo Motteiru is not listed under Body Swap Manga, how do I request MAL to add these since creating a duplicate would be pointless.

The announcement post has this information :)
If you would like to request a new official stack to be maintained by moderators, or specific anime/manga to be added to existing stacks, please use these threads: Anime | Manga
Apr 7, 2022 4:46 PM

Dec 2019
It looks like an interesting feature, but I have a few suggestions that I think will make it better. First, I think it would be cool to search an anime and find which stacks it is in. I would love to find out what kind of stacks my favorite anime end up being in.
Another idea is to sort stacks by the number of restacks they have. I'm curious which ones are popular.
Apr 7, 2022 5:14 PM

Dec 2018
I think public interest stacks should be shown at the bottom of anime pages similar to featured articles, sorted by number of people who have added them.
Apr 7, 2022 5:18 PM
Jun 2021
Hello kineta,

Will I receive the badges on 1st of May?
Apr 7, 2022 5:51 PM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
fluffycow17 said:
I think it would be cool to search an anime and find which stacks it is in.

Squashbucklr said:
I think public interest stacks should be shown at the bottom of anime pages similar to featured articles, sorted by number of people who have added them.

This is a feature that will be released soon :)
The following features are planned and will be added soon:
🔜 Integration with Anime/Manga DB pages like reviews or recommendations

Apr 7, 2022 8:44 PM

Sep 2020
Seems interesting, but I might take a while to fully get the grasp of this new feature. There's no way I'll be able to complete any of the monthly challenges though, lol.
Apr 7, 2022 8:50 PM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
elnino02 said:
There's no way I'll be able to complete any of the monthly challenges though, lol.

You only have to complete one entry on each stack in order to receive the badge(s), so give it a try!

Apr 7, 2022 8:58 PM

Sep 2020
firefractal said:
elnino02 said:
There's no way I'll be able to complete any of the monthly challenges though, lol.

You only have to complete one entry on each stack in order to receive the badge(s), so give it a try!
Oh, I didn't read the rules properly, my bad. There are a few entries that I have already completed (for example, in the School Club stack), so would they count? Or would I have to watch/read at least 1 new entry to get the badge? Thanks in advance.
Apr 7, 2022 9:00 PM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
elnino02 said:
There are a few entries that I have already completed (for example, in the School Club stack), so would they count? Or would I have to watch/read at least 1 new entry to get the badge? Thanks in advance.

Entries that you've already completed will count towards the badge, but we'd still like to encourage you to try out a new anime/manga :)

Apr 7, 2022 9:12 PM

Mar 2016
This will be a great addition to Manga Reading Challenges Club.
Apr 7, 2022 10:28 PM
Dec 2017
Well this is an interesting choice to make nice.

Apr 7, 2022 11:16 PM

Mar 2016
Some of the manga listed in Florist/Gardener challenge is currently publishing. For example: Katakoto no Niwa.

There are currently 9 chapters for the manga. If I were to read all 9 chapters of it + any future chapters before May 1, will I be able to get the badge?

Also, how will the staff team check which user has restacked the challenge?
Apr 8, 2022 1:42 AM

Oct 2015
ridingwithstars said:
yay new feature! so exciting ^^

will definitely participate for the badges, what's the meaning of the "-bu" badge

bu means club (among other things), you'll see it at the end of words for school clubs, for example tenisubu is the tennis club, engeibu is the gardening club, etc.
Apr 8, 2022 2:35 AM

Dec 2015
Does not seem too bad. It is nice to see the site actually getting updates. Never believed in this - after keeping the old system for years. (And people constantly demanding changes.) I have noticed smaller changes in the past ... but I have to admit: This one ... noticed it pretty late.

I barely use the site for other stuff then updating the list and only every now and then checking the site news.

Genre ... I probably don't care too much. Only watching new airing stuff so I do not need the search. (Voting system that is plannned for tags ... might be good though.) Will help new people.

The interest stacks ... seem like a good way for "group recommendations" - similar anime that you want to group together and describe a few similarities. I might use this ...

One or two things come in mind where there are similarities that can't exactly be described by tags alone.
Apr 8, 2022 2:50 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
@grave_robber
Thank you, it has been fixed ^^
Apr 8, 2022 3:17 AM

Dec 2018
More badges, yesssss! Thankyu for this motivated challenges! ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶
Apr 8, 2022 3:24 AM

Mar 2009
tingy said:
@grave_robber
Thank you, it has been fixed ^^

You're welcome! :D
Interesting feature btw. I'll try to play around with it when I have some free time.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Apr 8, 2022 3:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
System of stacks looks difficult at first glance. Still not using it for now because my hands sure already full in this time. But more challenge and badge always welcome to me. Though i don't really sure if i can complete it xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 8, 2022 3:40 AM

Aug 2020
Awesome new feature. Time to earn some badges.

It will take a while for me to learn how to use it though lol.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Apr 8, 2022 5:04 AM

Jun 2017
This looks interesting and nice but also slightly confusing. I have restacked one of the challenge stacks. Lets see how it goes!
Apr 8, 2022 6:24 AM

Sep 2017

Looks super cool !

Thanks for the great work guys ;)
Apr 8, 2022 6:29 AM

Mar 2012
tingy said:
Maou_heika said:
How do I request to add a title to any of the stacks created by MAL? For example Kagami no Mae de Aimashou and Ousama to Shounen wa Himitsu wo Motteiru is not listed under Body Swap Manga, how do I request MAL to add these since creating a duplicate would be pointless.

The announcement post has this information :)
If you would like to request a new official stack to be maintained by moderators, or specific anime/manga to be added to existing stacks, please use these threads: Anime | Manga
Thanks, made a request to add the above two titles.
Apr 8, 2022 1:25 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Frostwork said:
@Kineta I'm sure somebody offered it already, but it would be nice to have a stacks tab on a title page (like 'recommendations' do, for instance) to see in what stacks a particular manga or anime is.
Please see the first post!
Apr 8, 2022 1:43 PM
Sep 2012
I don't know if this is something the admins are considering, but it would be nice to announce the next month's challenge, say, a week in advance so that users could make suggestions for them.
Apr 8, 2022 7:21 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Wow, these sound great and refreshing to this site.
Great way for users to find more anime/manga + also badge incentives.
Keep those suggestions going, members!

Would be great if:

- We could filter/sort what the watch status of that anime is.

- If the auto-arrange can actually be implemented as the final list
+ Adding more sorting options Completed -> Not Completed

- Letting us view the restack right after Publishing/Editing. I have to go to my profile to see it.

- Including Sequels & Prequels as a "sub stack" to the already existing stack.
+ Would be okay if we can only add 50 DIFFERENT anime but have potentially more than 50+ anime due to the sequels/prequels. I feel like truly finishing an anime is watching all of its relevant seasons.
+ Would be great to sort an anime series' total episodes to watch. (This seems like an impossible request, but at least a sort feature for episode count, if not including all of an anime's seasons.
Apr 8, 2022 7:24 PM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
Catexia said:
Can the badges be toggled on/off individually? Can I pick which ones I want to display on my profile or will I always have to display them all?

Currently, there's no way to toggle badges, but that's something that might be considered in the future as we get more badges on the site

Apr 8, 2022 11:18 PM

Apr 2016
Can we please get a sorting button for restacks? I want a convenient button to sort by most popular/ most restacked lists.
Apr 9, 2022 6:21 AM

May 2016
it's killing me how i always click it instead of the forums 💀
Apr 9, 2022 9:31 AM
(=^・ェ・^=)

Nov 2013
Manyaa_- said:
Can we please get a sorting button for restacks? I want a convenient button to sort by most popular/ most restacked lists.

You can access the sorting options in the "Interest Stacks" tab on your profile
firefractalApr 9, 2022 9:41 AM

Apr 9, 2022 12:12 PM

Jan 2016
This is actually super cool, I love it. It's such a fun way to introduce people to new titles they might not have checked out otherwise, and I love the organizational aspect. I've wanted something like this for a while.
Apr 9, 2022 12:12 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Now this is a cool feature. 50 anime as a limit is too low, though.
Apr 9, 2022 10:12 PM

Dec 2014
This is a good idea, but it's bugging me that there isn't a section where you can see the stacks you've restacked.
Apr 9, 2022 10:55 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
PreachElectrick said:
This is a good idea, but it's bugging me that there isn't a section where you can see the stacks you've restacked.

You can, just go to your profile and go to Interest Stacks
Apr 9, 2022 11:56 PM
Sep 2015
Looking great,. Good job. Thank You :)
Apr 10, 2022 7:28 AM
Mar 2019
First off, I have to say I really like this feature and after reading every reply in the forum i can see that it isn't perfect but some great recommendations have been made.

Things I would like to suggest are the implementation of a rule were you have to have seen/read the anime/manga in the active month of the challenge to get the badge.

Another feature I thought of was a tier badge system. This means that if you watched 1 anime in the School Club Showcase challenge, you would get a "Bronze" -bu badge and maybe watching 3 would get you "Silver", 5 for "Gold", 10 for "Diamond" and maybe watching every item for a "Master" level -bu badge.

Thanks for making this feature anyway it's really good to see. Obviously these are just suggestions but I just think it's be cool to see thanks. :)
Apr 10, 2022 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
MistyBlue said:
PreachElectrick said:

You can, just go to your profile and go to Interest Stacks

Oh oops. I completely missed that. Thank you!
Apr 10, 2022 9:37 AM

Nov 2016
Hooo that sounds really Interesting and fun ! Thank you for this !
Apr 10, 2022 11:21 AM

Aug 2015
I don't know if this has been asked/answered already so apologies for that!

Do we need to complete at least one anime from the School Club Showcase during April or do previously completed count?

I've already restacked the stack...I think lols.
Apr 10, 2022 12:48 PM
Mar 2019
Ekhan175 said:
I don't know if this has been asked/answered already so apologies for that!

Do we need to complete at least one anime from the School Club Showcase during April or do previously completed count?

I've already restacked the stack...I think lols.

For better or for worse those completed in the past do count and you'll get a medal in May
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

234 by Wael5656 »»
42 minutes ago

» List Title Toggle: Main Title, English, and more ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Nov 10, 2021

108 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
Yesterday, 7:13 AM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by nothing_ness »»
May 5, 8:51 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.