Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 2022 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
The piano orchestra and choreography this episode really highlighted the lives of these characters altogether. Imo, it was the best way to tell its narrative and story without using words.

We still have the usual school life activities including basketball, cheerleading, etc. I think the main highlight of this finale was giving Akebi the chance and experience of a lifetime. Erika played that piano beautifully while Akebi gave her a performance on stage. A beautiful finale imo and well deserved.

Jul 2017
Roubai Academy's athletic festival is in full swing, and Akebi is ready to give her best on her dance performance on stage with Erika on the piano and violin accompaniment. The rest of Class 1-3 gave their very best, even if they won or lost, the importance is that Akebi has always been there for them, cheering all the way. This is class cohesion teamwork at its "show, not tell" finest way, and the class took the win.

It's been a journey of memories with Akebi Komichi and her days of wearing the Sailor Uniform, and day after day, school feels like a fleeting dream of fun, the days are never-ending.

The finale episode...REALLY BLEW ME OUT OF THIS WORLD, goddamn! An exquisitely immaculate and flawless ending, CloverWorks you do a damn fine job well done.

Finale episode commemorative photo:
KANLen09Mar 26, 2022 10:48 AM

Jun 2019
End to another Cloverwoks' show for this season. This one is not as impressive as Kisekoi in terms of story but this one is definitely superior to Kisekoi in terms of its visual quality and animation. It's just too gorgeous and beautifully animated. The plot itself is alright, just an energetic girl making friends in her school and we're just following her journey along the way. We got to see the athletic festival and then the evening event in this event which was great. Loved the Free action, Haikyuu, and Your Lie in April as well. :P

Not much to say about this show in particular but it was a fine show for what it was. There are quite a few wholesome moments in this show btw. And, Kao is by far the most adorable imouto out there. Let's make a spin-off on her. Great on the animation side of things, alright on the plot and the story. Sasuga, Cloverworks.

May 2020
Couldn't have asked for any better setting for the finale than the sports festival itself, a sports festival full of memories to look back on. As usual Cloverworks didn't disappoint with some of those mesmerising stills, can't help but just appreciate the effort they poured into this adaptation. For sure they outdid themselves, never have I expected I'd end up liking this as much as I did.
Please give a season two someday, please.

Feb 2019
Obviously Sono bisque finale will probably overshadow akebi but what a beautiful final episode man. Akebi and Eri’s performance at the festival was so visually stunning. This whole episode was just full of wallpaper gems. Loved the compilation looking back at how much akebi has touched all the girls. I kinda go back and forth on which I liked more between Cloverworks two gems this season, I strongly lean Akebi just because of the aesthetic lol. I will really miss this show, I’ll definitely have to check out the manga to get more of it.
Mar 26, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2020
A perfect finale.

Akebi and Erika's performance was absolutely breathtaking. Also, the last moments of the match were really intense. I was soo excited! :)

This was a very beautiful and entertaining show. I loved the fluffy atmosphere, animation and all the characters and their interactions.

Akebi is the best girl of the season. <3

SerafosMar 7, 9:53 PM
Mar 26, 2022 9:02 AM

Apr 2016
And with the sport festival at its end here we are at the end of this show as well.

Now, i dont want to, but i must bring this up .. i can already see people being very critical on the "fetish" aspect of this show/manga ... but to be honest i never saw it like that, this was always a very pure aesthetic anime for me, focused on the everydays of youth in their school days and what it means to be just a random growing up girl, all that wrapped in a lighthearted fairy tale-lik background and setting with a bit of comedy.

We also must mention the directing team that knew exactly what they were doing with this adaptation, the passion for it was there you can feel it in every frame. But then again i guess some people are just a bit close minded when comes to stuff like this, and they can't see past their prejudices.

8/10

Also props to the Dad for not being a nameless ghost.
Mar 26, 2022 9:34 AM

Apr 2010
Well seems like the class was doing well during the sports festival and Akebi had a nice show towards the end of it.
The anime was nice it was great to see the life of the girls and i hope we will get to see more.

Still Akebi was really working hard with her school life.
Mar 26, 2022 9:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sure it was more heartwarming than I expected, recently the episodes have been more and more interesting, the manga was fine but the drawings made it feel too weird especially with the characters' proportions and all the author's fetishes but fortunately most of it didn't get into the anime except a few scenes but I don't really care, the slice of life part is nothing special at all but the beautiful animation made it enjoyable for sure
Mar 26, 2022 10:10 AM
Nov 2019
Wow this has been such a wonderful experience, nowadays most of the slice of life series done by studio other than kyoani don't get the proper and healthy production for it. So this anime made me really happy as Slice of life fan.

Overall even for a slice of life its really simple but as the mangaka elevated the manga using his beautiful artstyle, the anime was done really well from animation to VA to the sound tracks.

The episode was really beautiful though i wished the still cuts from the badminton scene were animated or storyboarded well, I would recommend to read manga since it was a superior experience for me.

8/10 for me and my favourite this season.

Hope this gets a second season since the upcoming chapters are literally the best chapters of the manga.
Mar 26, 2022 10:21 AM
Oct 2021
here we are at the end of this show, I fell in love with the scenario since the first second, it's beautiful and loved the characters, Akebi and her friends, Akebi's family, the art of this show is beautiful and I'm gonna miss it a lot, I hope we get a second season, definitely of my favorites animes this season

a 10/10 for me
Mar 26, 2022 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was very impressive and beautiful, it was too good.
Sasuga Akebi-chan, sasuga Erika, sasuga everyone, sasuga Cloverworks for this anime.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 26, 2022 10:32 AM

Feb 2020
I love everything from this show, definitely my anime of the season, thank you CloverWorks!!
10/10 Perfect.
Mar 26, 2022 10:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a pairing of the years athletics meet with the closing ceremony huh. Its been one hell of a time for Akebi but its nice that by now the whole school knows her. Erika deciding to help Akebi out by performing on stage with her really shows the strength of the bond thats between them. Imparting the various memories that the girls experienced as a result of receiving Akebi's cheer and weaving it into the performance really was a creative move and showed just how much Akebi had moved their hearts. Erika though really is supremely talented. That volleyball game especially showed well Akebi's determination to ensure her friend's happiness with max effort. But the pairing of Akebi and Erika really served to make her performance breathtakingly beautiful. Overall a fantastic end to such a beautiful series. That final drawing showing the class was a nice touch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2022 10:34 AM

Feb 2020
beautiful performance. nice way to do a recap/blurb of the festival.

Seeing the volleyball match made me remember just how tense it is, especially when it gets to the 20-point mark and more so when there's such a small gap. now i never received spikes like Akebi just did, but i remember a similar thing that I did as well, in order to bring it over. how interesting.

very chill anime. Akebi n friends were fun to watch, enjoyable despite almost entirely restricted to the school setting. and compared to Bisque, there seems to be a lot more work put into the production.

I know no one is complaining about it here now, but i've seen the ppl who complain and i simply do not understand how they think this promotes or shows fetishes. good usage of camera pans can greatly emphasize emotion, or just details in general... aren't the ones who complain the same ppl who watch such ecchi shows?
Mar 26, 2022 10:36 AM
Sep 2021
a light anime, very good to watch, very good final episode
Mar 26, 2022 10:38 AM

Mar 2018
Pretty heartwarming finale, the piano and violin were really good.

Class 1-3 are the victors!!
Mar 26, 2022 10:38 AM

Jan 2012
Akebi and Erika's dance recital thingy mixed with flashbacks of how the sports festival went to end the series. That was a somewhat unique way of showing that stuff I'll admit, a tad bit unconventional but it worked. Anywho this series was...good. Solid 7/10 level good. But I can't help but feel there was the potential for it to be better. In fact, for a time, I actually was considering giving it an 8 but naw, 7 feels right. Still, it was pretty feel good all things considered, and I'd certainly watch more if it comes.

And now, two points that have been eating at me for quite a long time regarding this series. First and foremost: what was up with the faces in this? I mean seriously, most of the time they were fine, but there were TONS of creepy faces in this! And they were meant to be happy, smiling ones! But they just seemed...off. Like entering uncanny valley territory almost. Was I the only one who noticed these large mouthed, vacant eyed faces? And sometimes they seemed...deflated? Like half melted almost? It was so weird. Second, what was up with the armpits in this series??? Seriously, it seemed like every episode had some damn explicit girls' armpits shots! Whoever made this clearly has an armpit fetish! XD Which is fine I guess, I don't view that as inherently negative, just...weird.
Mar 26, 2022 10:49 AM

Feb 2021
Really enjoyable Slice of Life show, the last episode was ok I guess, just a rewind to everything Akebi did throughout the year.

Cloverworks once again did an amazing job, production and animation quality was insane, some shots felt like a movie.

I'll miss this show, it always made my saturdays better.
Mar 26, 2022 10:49 AM

Oct 2012
A show that looked amazing even at its worst, a stand-out on the year of mass-produced, committee-approved, sterilized anime. Shows how far a strong AD list with relatively healthy schedule can achieve, even for such a demanding show visually. Easily my favorite this season
Orokamonogatari adaptation when?
Mar 26, 2022 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
So it was basically one big recap episode. lol. Okay.
This show had one MAJOR flaw and that was Akebi. She had no flaws. She literally perfected every thing she did. In the beginning it was like "whatever" but as the story went a long and she excelled at everything it actually annoyed me.

The side characters in this anime are way more fascinating then Akebi is especially the BEST CHARACTER in Erika.

Character designs, mainly their weird ass heads and eyes kinda of grew on me, but at the end of the day this was another vibing sol anime that will probably be forgotten down the line.

7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2022 10:54 AM
Nov 2019
Boazanian said:
beautiful performance. nice way to do a recap/blurb of the festival.

Seeing the volleyball match made me remember just how tense it is, especially when it gets to the 20-point mark and more so when there's such a small gap. now i never received spikes like Akebi just did, but i remember a similar thing that I did as well, in order to bring it over. how interesting.

very chill anime. Akebi n friends were fun to watch, enjoyable despite almost entirely restricted to the school setting. and compared to Bisque, there seems to be a lot more work put into the production.

I know no one is complaining about it here now, but i've seen the ppl who complain and i simply do not understand how they think this promotes or shows fetishes. good usage of camera pans can greatly emphasize emotion, or just details in general... aren't the ones who complain the same ppl who watch such ecchi shows?

K-On viewers when people complained about the feet shots with sock on : First time?
Mar 26, 2022 11:19 AM

May 2015
It was a fun waste of time. Solid 7
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 26, 2022 11:20 AM

Oct 2017
What a finale man, this was beyond anything I could have imagined. The way this episode was directed was ingenious and they even managed to make that short volleyball session intense, Akebi was really cool there. Akebi and Erika's performance was absolutely stunning, loved the scenes in between the performance too. Also Akebi with bedhair is adorable.

Absolutely loved this show, easily anime of the season for me with Akebi being my favourite girl this season.
Mar 26, 2022 11:20 AM

May 2020
i had a feeling after first episode this will be my favorite anime of the season cuz i rly liked the unique artstyle but it had so much more so fking stunning and wholesome and it is i loved every episode and after this Perfection of a finale definitely 10/10 for me.....rly hope this gets season 2 Cloverworks rly slaps this season
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Mar 26, 2022 11:25 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wonderful finale to close what has been a decent show, imo. Akebi-chan pulling off her moves and Kizaki-san single-handedly handling the music side of things, they certainly make a good combo. Hats off to Usagihara-san for her support too, she's been my fav of the lot for being so selfless and caring to her friends.

It was nice to see the class wanting to repay the favour by cheering on for Akebi-chan in the end there. I didn't think the episode would go in the way of a recap essentially but the clips and whatnot were placed well in between the performance. I initially thought I'd skipped a bit of the episode at first when Akebi-chan was told to step up on stage at the beginning, xD.

Cloverworks sure didn't hold back a touch either. A bit of Haikyu!! inspiration from that volleyball scene which was fantastic to see! "Komi!" and then that baam, guess the training from last episode reaped its rewards in the nick of the moment.

Personally, it took me a while to get into this show. Character designs were a touch different so it took a little bit of acclimatisation. Scenery wise and the use of the varied colour schemes though, this was right up there among some of the best the medium has to offer. Cloverworks, thank you! It's incredible they managed to pull off both Sono Bisque Doll and this in a single season.

SoraSenpai said:
This show had one MAJOR flaw and that was Akebi. She had no flaws. She literally perfected every thing she did. In the beginning it was like "whatever" but as the story went a long and she excelled at everything it actually annoyed me.

Ah, relatable.

7/10 from my side.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 26, 2022 11:26 AM
Nov 2021
Stark700 said:
The piano orchestra and choreography this episode really highlighted the lives of these characters altogether. Imo, it was the best way to tell its narrative and story without using words.

We still have the usual school life activities including basketball, cheerleading, etc. I think the main highlight of this finale was giving Akebi the chance and experience of a lifetime. Erika played that piano beautifully while Akebi gave her a performance on stage. A beautiful finale imo and well deserved.

it gave me haikyuu/your lie in April vibes lol and the transition between them both was amazing.
Mar 26, 2022 11:31 AM

Jul 2011
This episode made me feel overly excited, with all sports, and Erika showing who is the boss in that school by changing from piano to violin with no problem.

That damn volleyball part, had so much passion, that could pass as a sports anime.

Great performance to finish.

Honestly, Washio saying "Komi" made me go "Where?"

Mar 26, 2022 11:32 AM

Mar 2021
What a finale!!! I never expected it to get this emotional and beautiful. A great way to wrap things up. Akebi is definitely one of the better shows this seasons!

Now I have to ask... Does anyone have a link or a name for the song/OST Erika played with so much passion.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"If death is the end, why do people exist?
If it all ends in oblivion sooner or later, what's the point of frantically scrambling around to keep ourselves alive?"
~ Michiru Matsushima
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mar 26, 2022 11:35 AM

Nov 2012
I think I wear my heart on my sleeves when it comes to shows I actually really like and this is one of those shows. In a sense it was what I wanted out of Komi-san anime though less comedy and more idealized school life 8.5/10.
Mar 26, 2022 12:13 PM
Nov 2019
Zarl0 said:
What a finale!!! I never expected it to get this emotional and beautiful. A great way to wrap things up. Akebi is definitely one of the better shows this seasons!

Now I have to ask... Does anyone have a link or a name for the song/OST Erika played with so much passion.

It's on spotify
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1fvwTrl08EVxaCRTtjtWhK?si=y_XMlIoJTUaTIrl0PYseMQ&utm_source=copy-link
Mar 26, 2022 12:19 PM

Sep 2020
What an amazing ending!!! Just so beautiful, and it made me cry a little at the end.
Mar 26, 2022 12:22 PM

Oct 2009
Gosh! That was beautiful.

This has been my favorite show this season. The visuals are just mind-blowingly gorgeous. It's like seeing paintings come to life.

You gotta love Akebi and how her cheerfulness helped everyone in her class. Absolutely beautiful.
Mar 26, 2022 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Might just be caught up in the moment but i think this is one of the most beautiful last episode of an anime i've ever seen, god i'm gonna miss this show so much
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM

Nov 2019
A much satisfying conclusion for the finely wrought (animation) dead end (story: Komi-san 2.0, with depressed children and yuri bait). 3/5
SgtBateManMar 26, 2022 1:06 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 26, 2022 1:15 PM

Apr 2019
this show was fucking good.

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Mar 26, 2022 1:16 PM

Apr 2021
This was overall an extremely beautiful looking 5/10.
Mar 26, 2022 1:16 PM

May 2021
The dance was a good ending to an anime showing the lives of young girls.

Mar 26, 2022 1:18 PM

Oct 2021
what an amazinf finale .. left me feeling fuzzy and warm inside , Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku is one of those slice of life that You just watch to heal yourself from everyday life ..
10/10 no complains
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2022 1:56 PM

Feb 2007
Beautiful, as was the entire series. I guess this will the only 9th series I've ever deemed worthy of a 10/10.

Now where's my OP single? What do you mean I can't buy the by far best song of this season (yet?)?
Mar 26, 2022 2:11 PM

Mar 2019
10/10 Masterpiece... in Art, Character Design and Music.

I had 4 Waifus in first episode... and finally in this last one... i realized my Favorite one was always: Tatsumori Ai..... (Ochizu, Hotaru, Tomono the others)...

Kao, added to the Cutest Lil Sister List...

I hope "Aharen-san" fill the void Akebi is leaving today....
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 26, 2022 2:12 PM

May 2021
Beautiful final episode! Akebi's dance with Erika's piano and violin playing was just beautiful to see!

Thank you CloverWorks! Hope we get a season two!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 26, 2022 2:14 PM

Nov 2013
Beautiful final episode and the whole show in general.
Mar 26, 2022 2:17 PM

Dec 2019
This show didn't do much for me tbh there wasn't any comedy really besides a couple moments and normally when I watch a cgdct/slice of life I expect some comedy

the animation was 10/10 tho

also the op and ed were bangers

7/10 show for me
Mar 26, 2022 2:24 PM
Feb 2018
The stage performance scene was pretty much metaphorical sex.
Mar 26, 2022 2:31 PM

Mar 2021
A Simply perfect finale Akebis's and Erika's performance was stunning really hope we get a second season
Mar 26, 2022 2:33 PM
Feb 2018
SgtBateMan said:
(story: Komi-san 2.0, with depressed children and yuri bait)[/b]. 3/5

Unlike Komi, this one is actually good.
Mar 26, 2022 2:37 PM

Nov 2019
NocturnSunshower said:
SgtBateMan said:
(story: Komi-san 2.0, with depressed children and yuri bait)[/b]. 3/5

Unlike Komi, this one is actually good.

I wonder when it got better, except the 6th and the final episode?
SgtBateManMar 26, 2022 2:40 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 26, 2022 3:27 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
All I can say is, wow, what a great final episode lol. I really love how they complied the sports festival with Akebi’s dance and Erika’s playing, both the swimming and volleyball part were so good, it was all so well done, I especially loved the part where Erika switched instruments mid performance, that paired with Akebi was stunning. And to end it we find ourselves back in the classroom, just Erika and Akebi, and an awesome end card of a lot of the cast, a nice way to finish this wonderful show.

Man, what a good SoL this was, a super wholesome group of girls and Cloverworks’ amazing art and animation, this was truly a great show. This paired with Dress-Up Darling not only in the same season, but on the same day, was a power combo and I’ll miss it for a long time, I will no longer have my fix of Akebi captivating everyone around her lol, and I’ll also miss that OP and ED, as well as the jump rope one we got that one episode. Once again, would love to see another season of this!

And lastly, as for a best girl, idk lol there’s just too many good ones, but if I had to pick, it would be between Usagihara, Kojou or Hebimori, but man they were all so great you can’t pick just one lol.
TheColonel76Mar 26, 2022 3:34 PM
Mar 26, 2022 4:03 PM

Feb 2018
So yeah this is the end, really like this anime after all especially those BG and scenery
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

75 by kixann »»
Apr 24, 12:10 PM

» If every Anime made like this everybody in the world will love Anime

Naveen6662246 - Feb 25

14 by Serafos »»
Mar 10, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2022

71 by Pondoxd »»
Feb 15, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

240 by N_Hawke »»
Feb 15, 2:20 AM

» No one is saying it so, I am going to say it

kuzumaicant - Jan 16, 2022

23 by mimimilk »»
Feb 11, 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.