Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2021 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
DJ's character story with young Muteki, is he a friend forgotten in the face of evil?

In other cases, Theo's plan is coming along strong, and any hope left is pinned on both Sarah and her crew with Suteking, the arcade kids piloting an UFO and winging it like an arcade game, as well as DJ (resurrected by Vivi) getting Muteki back.

Definitely a goofy entrance that has some charm, especially with Suteking. The main entrance with Aurora and Aida combining together to create her idol self, plus Vivi fully in her Octian state, her song reminds me of the old 80s charm that is captured brillantly.

But still, Theo has the advantage, and while Aida/Aurora reverts to her android self, the final stage of Theo as Muteking Black vs. Muteking will be the final kicker. Well, hoping for good things for the finale next week.
Dec 11, 2021 10:22 AM
Sep 2015
What Vivi did in this episode shock me (in a good way). Remember DJ was forced to drink the black liquid? And Vivi is sucking the black liquid out of him, and since it was not done through DJ's mouth, there are only two ways left for the liquid to be release. Judging from the position it's most likely a backdoor.

While this anime is a reboot, I think of it more of a very long music video of "Plastic Love". While Plastic Love is a metaphor for superficial relationship, this anime put an actual Plastic (Robot) in the "authentic relationship", spinning a new meaning to the song.
Dec 11, 2021 10:52 AM

Jun 2021
I thought making Muteki and DJ meet as kids was unnecessary. It doesn't matter if Muteki was nice to him when everyone else wasn't; he's already facing DJ at his absolute worst and with all cards on the table, and he still didn't bat an eye. It's this weird aspect out of the show, everyone just has to be connected by the past and they just conveniently forget about it until it's relevant to the plot.

It's a good episode, but it kind of exposes how superfluous a lot of the cast were. Like you could cut out the fat guy and his friend/brother/lover, and almost nothing would change. But on the other hand, it also highlights how funny Suteking is, since he's able to shine brighter than everyone around him.
Dec 11, 2021 12:42 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So DJ finally came back to his senses after realizing that him and Muteki were childhood friends. DJ managed to save Muteki from becoming a pool of ink crating a light of positive energy. That light allowed Aida to merge with Aurora to become Aida's true self that wanted to sing the song she wanted. Adia's singing was able to bring Neo San Francisco back to life. Meanwhile, Sarah and George managed to place the makeshift antenna and take over the control tower and meetup with Suteking and the others. Vivy's kids also help out by flying UFO ship near the main tower. Things seem to be going well, but CEO seem to have finished off Vivy and Aida for good. CEO also had a backup plan and that was to transform into Muteking Black with the power of negative octopus cells setting the stage for the final boss battle.

I thought CEO was going to transform into an ugly monster, but Muteking Black looks cool. The soundtrack continues to be amazing. Can't wait for the final episode.
Dec 11, 2021 1:34 PM
Mar 2021
Hey, the 1980 Muteking OP was back for a moment yay

Wtf were those moves from Suteking? That was some brilliance of the Captain Justy Ueki Tylor kind (or luck?) - for such a minor character, he truly shone this episode.

So was Muteki's fall into the pit/biocomputer the cause of Aurora's turn to Aida's cheerful and in essence benevolent personality? The song was, as everything else in the soundtrack, really good.

So, next episode is the ending, and it's gonna be a showdown of two Mutekings. For such a light hearted anime, whose charm is based on being cheesy, this story truly hooked me and I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Dec 12, 2021 8:36 AM

Feb 2012
Was Vivi sucking the evil ink out of DJ?

1980s OP plays in the flash back when Muteki presumably visited his grandma Sarah in Neo San Francisco with his mother and met DJ for the first time.

The mirror ball Vivy left behind for the kids became a flying saucer (perhaps this is the spacecraft Vivy came to Earth in).

Aida finally achieved her dream of becoming an idol (got Showa-era vibes from her performance. Very similar to the likes of Seiko Matsuda, Mari Iijima etc. though the bright colour pallete is very Heisei Bubblegum pop).

But her performance is sadly interrupted by CEO. Dyring in Muteki's arms she projects her memories of him to the Plastic Love instrumental (was she doing this ironically to say that her love wasn't artificial?).

The mysterious Suteking takes down the grunts with inspiration from Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do ​(forgetting defence because he didn't have the volume on it lol)

CEO turns into a evil version of the hero, Muteking Black (I think this is the dark figure in the key visual.)
Fortress_MaximusDec 13, 2021 1:50 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 13, 2021 1:32 PM
Sep 2014
Fortress_Maximus said:

Aida finally achieved her dream of becoming an idol (got Showa-era vibes from her performance. Very similar to the likes of Seiko Matsuda, Mari Iijima etc. though the bright colour pallete that is very Heisei Bubblegum pop).

Honestly Aida's song was rather generic and mediocre to me, and I love Matsuda Seiko's music.
apokaliz500Dec 13, 2021 1:47 PM
Feb 24, 2022 8:44 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Real person dying right next to you but you go to the android. Lol Aight.
That was a cute, very 80's idol performance by Aida before ripperoni pepperoni time.
I hope the arcade kidos get more time to shine!
I'm glad that DJ is back-- lol at what seems like Vivi sucking whatever out of him-- but like ahhh so I guess that's why DJ was trying to find Muteki specifically. But with how much DJ was saying he was more like a father figure I totally thought he was older-- not just by a few years or so, but I guess I just assumed. I guess it all makes sense now. Also, I know they already showed them, but what cute kids they were. ;_;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2021

14 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 10:24 PM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2021

6 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 8 Discussion

AddaeAkono - Nov 20, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 2:50 AM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 22, 2022 3:27 AM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 6, 2021

9 by Swiggy »»
Feb 22, 2022 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.