Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
The final episode of Muteki feat. DJ vs. Ceo Eight as Muteking vs. Muteking Black.

NGL, I love Ceo Eight's Muteking Black variation, together with his dark, villany demeanor voice, which meant that Muteki has a lot to do to stop Ceo in his tracks. That applies to the rest as well, while Vivi is at her last legs, only to be saved with the disco energy ball that the arcade kids brought along with them, only to send that same energy ball to Muteki and DJ. Good lord, RIP Vivi-sis.

While Sarah and the others get out out safely and confront the minions, it's so weird to put Ann on a disguise this entire time though.

The finale of Muteki and DJ merging to become Mirror Muteking to vs. Muteking Black in a dance showdown is just about the most absurd battle ever, but I've gotta admit that it has a charm, something that's very reminiscent along the lines of Sega's Space Channel 5.

In the end, Ceo is forced to be confronted with the content lives of humans, and all of OctinQ is gone in favour of good ol' music. Just open your heart to a new world, and dance.

I can understand why some of you will enjoy this, but it just isn't for me.
Dec 18, 2021 10:28 AM
Dec 2020
this anime was ridiculous lmao.
some people...
Dec 18, 2021 10:40 AM
Sep 2015
The dance battle is very good, but WTF is this ending? Should have one more episode.
Dec 18, 2021 10:41 AM

Jun 2021
I was right, the secretary was the mom. Weird how long it took to reveal that, when we already saw her picture a billion episodes ago.

The ending was decent. I'd say the downsides come from previous episodes not using their time better. We could have fleshed Theo out a little more, done more with its characters, and had more music.

This was a really good show. You're not supposed to take it seriously, but you can get invested in it. It was really engaging, had a great sense of style, had good music, fun characters and decent humor. I know this show is very niche, but it's very underrated.

Was that final scene at the end a Heart Cocktail reference?
Dec 18, 2021 11:05 AM

Nov 2016
This was definitely a unique experience. Loved the wack music and style. I wouldn't mind to see more series bringing back retro fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2021 2:14 PM

Sep 2018
Them killing off Vivi-nee just totally broke my heart, honestly. Why did they have to make one of the best trans women I've ever see in an anime sacrifice herself? Literally everyone got a happy ending except for her. I still love the show, but I just don't feel like I can recommend it as wholeheartedly anymore.
Dec 18, 2021 6:57 PM

Sep 2011
What an awful ending. Also what the heck was that last post credits scene?
Dec 19, 2021 12:50 AM
Apr 2019
I really loved the ending this one will go with me as one of those series that nobody knows and i think its a masterpiece
Dec 19, 2021 3:49 AM
Mar 2008
It's a series that had some interesting ideas but I ultimately came away from it feeling pretty meh.

On the upside I loved the idea of dance battles determining a victor, though I'd argue only really the final between mirror muteki and muteki black really lived up to that.
The opening is great and the visual style overall is pretty cool.

I wasn't a huge fan of the odd 'retro vs modern' ideology that was sort of ham-fistedly crammed into most of it. I guess you could reframe it as 'indie vs corpo' but I definitely feel it leaned more towards the new being evil and the old being good when you look at what they lined up on both 'sides'.

In terms of progression it meandered a lot, and I found myself incredibly annoyed at how slow muteki was to realise that octo inc was the enemy after wandering into their traps over and over and over again. They sat on their one muteking fight sequence for a hellishly long time too before coming up with a second one which is weird when you consider that aurora had almost twice as many music videos in the series (they also didn't seem to really touch on aurora's various looks or singing voices?)

It also feels like they were a tad conflicted with what they wanted from the series. It was frequently goofy but seemed to want these dramatic moments that it just didn't feel like it earned. I've seen series in the past that are overall comedy yet somehow managed to successfully slam in some incredibly emotional or heavy moments but I feel like you need a lot of skill to pull it off and in some ways you still need to subtly build the framework for those to really work when you drop them on the audience.

Also ceo was completely undeveloped as a villain. What did he want the super computer for? He just vaguely implied it would take over the universe... but how? And who even from? What would happen once all the humans were ink? Does it need a constant supply? Why do they need humans turned into ink to do it? Aren't they capable of producing the ink themselves? Y'know what, maybe i should at least let this one thing go because 'taking over the world' is such a trope anyway and it's not supposed to be a 'deepest lore' series... but I can't pretend it didn't niggle me :P

There's also the several sections wasted on the arcade kids doing absolutely nothing of consequence in their UFO. Also the entire tower adventure too felt like it was there to burn up time. In many ways it feels like these only existed because they felt like they had to do something with the other cast members but I genuinely don't feel like they added much and the time would've been better spent on ceo, muteki, dj and vivi.

I also have no idea what was going on with vivi through the final battles... at first it was something about her being taken over by the evil octopus but then she exploded... but she survived exploding somehow then got taken over but still had full control... and then was gravely wounded by ceo's attack. But! Then she was saved by the disco ball. But then she tore it out of herself and threw it to the muteking duo. What a bizarrely meandering sequence of events and a total waste of an interesting character :/

Talking of pointless characters... muteki's entire family falls into that category quite badly too. His sister and father amount to little more than an exaggerated cameo and his mum is just kinda... there? Congrats on the infiltration where you did nothing for almost all of it I guess? She could've gathered the troops and trapdoored them much earlier then just let her friends in the tower but they needed to drag that out for a bunch of episodes it seems?

There's too much wrong with it for me to ever recommend it to anyone. I watched it to the end and it had some fun enough moments but I just feel like there's a lot of wasted time and goofiness that doesn't actually work out to being funny or charming sometimes.
I don't need everything I watch to be super serious but even the stupid stuff I enjoy has a bar it reaches and Muteking just somehow didn't make the cut for me.
Dec 20, 2021 1:21 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I loved the final battle between Mirror Muteking vs. Muteking Black as it definitely remind me of Space Channel Five. I can't helped but feel that the ending was somewhat anticlimactic in that everything was resolved a little bit too quickly and left a number of plot holes.

I appreciate the show for what it was, but the ending felt flat to me.
Dec 20, 2021 1:42 PM

Feb 2012
The evil counterpart revealed, Muteking Black, all you need is black!

Vivi's mirror ball helps DJ and Muteki to fuse into Mirror Muteking. and two of them have a dance-off.

They really just revealed the secretary was the mom just like that, a double agent playing the long game to take down CEO.

With CEO defeated his palette becomes more bright and colorful.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 20, 2021 2:47 PM
Sep 2014
This series was really fun while it lasted, but the closer we were getting to the end, the more this series has started to become the way Geminosity explained above, I think I actually agree with every single of his points.

Anyway, does anyone know when Aurora's 3rd song is gonna be released?
Dec 29, 2021 11:07 AM

Oct 2018
No clue how, but this show's conclusion felt like it was going 60mph and 5mph at once.
Jan 13, 2022 6:10 PM
Aug 2020
I'm gonna be honest, I really actually liked this show. It was the most, brain off, head empty, pure fun show I watched this season and I enjoyed it so much for that. The way they commit to the pure absurdity of everything just made me laugh and smile so much. The most aggresive dance battle possible in a floating disco ball? Superb. Muteki's mom taking off the purple wig to reveal her purple hair underneath and her own husband acting surprised that it was her? Hilarious. All of the random Muteking variants? Exceptional.

This show was definitely best watched without even bothering to think about what was happening and just appreciating the absurdity.
Feb 24, 2022 10:24 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wuh, I wasn't ready for this anime to be over. I really enjoyed myself. There were some odd moments in storytelling that perhaps didn't quite add up, but I loved it overall. I feel like some of the characters just were not needed, but it's fine I guess. I admit that they added to the zany vibe if anything. I loved so many of the characters and was so pumped to see them do something that it sometimes felt like their involvement fell a little flat.
This was such a colorful, fun ride that felt like a bit of a throwback. Despite its flaws it was oddly fulfilling.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria

More topics from this board

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 8:44 PM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2021

6 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 8 Discussion

AddaeAkono - Nov 20, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 24, 2022 2:50 AM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2021

7 by Swiggy »»
Feb 22, 2022 3:27 AM

Poll: » Muteking the Dancing Hero Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 6, 2021

9 by Swiggy »»
Feb 22, 2022 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.